bsn sued - AnabolicMinds.com

bsn sued

1. Senior Member

bsn sued

Guys bsn is being sued for false supplement facts.
    If this is true how do they won so many awards in bb.com?????
    http://supplementpolice.com/Complaint.pdf

2. O.G. Appnut

Reputation Reputation

The awards come from members voting. The products get nominated based on sales. Endless cycle of idiocy.
    There's already a thread or 2 on this topic, BTW.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  3. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lanbane View Post
    The awards come from members voting. The products get nominated based on sales. Endless cycle of idiocy.
    There's already a thread or 2 on this topic, BTW.
    ops, sorry I havent saw them...
    •   

4. Banned

I worked part time for GNC a while back. My RSD was tight with an MHP rep...MHP took some of BSN's products like NO xplode and Cellmass, tested them and basically found nothing but sugar and caffeine
  6. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    I worked part time for GNC a while back. My RSD was tight with an MHP rep...MHP took some of BSN's products like NO xplode and Cellmass, tested them and basically found nothing but sugar and caffeine
    CM too, right?

We've pretty much found out that there is no such thing as 'CEM3 technology.'

It's a shame that a company could be so deceitful.
  7. Senior Member

This could be the end of bsn.
    I hope this serve as an example to all the other brands.
  8. Banned

I've bought a few tubs of NO-Xplode here and there, and actually thought of stocking up on that along with some Syntha-6 and Cell Mass at some point. I'm not so sure after this.

I hope this is a lesson learned to BSN. They owe all of us who've given them business.

This could only make you wonder about some of the other supplement brands out there. Not to mention any names. *Ahem* Muscle-Tech.
  9. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nunes View Post
    This could be the end of bsn.
    I hope this serve as an example to all the other brands.
    Sadly, it will not. As long as companies do not have to prove their ingredient profiles, it will continue. The whole CEM3 Technology thing was a farse, IMHO, to begin with. Hell, it's cheaper to buy a bottle of CEE and stack it with caffiene pills - the end user result is the same. Oh, and add a "pump supplement to the mix. Still, after buying those three things, you're saving money and it will last longer.

BSN should start refunding people their money - but as I type this, it is still being sold. Retailers need to get this information and pull the products in question. If they dont, they're just as responsible for pushing bunk products at an outrages price.
  10. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGuyinNY View Post
    I've bought a few tubs of NO-Xplode here and there, and actually thought of stocking up on that along with some Syntha-6 and Cell Mass at some point. I'm not so sure after this.

I hope this is a lesson learned to BSN. They owe all of us who've given them business.

This could only make you wonder about some of the other supplement brands out there. Not to mention any names. *Ahem* Muscle-Tech.

yea it does make it hard. Gotta shop well and know the company well enough to trust them. somehow i think muscletech is mostly honest with their ingredients. they just have a very solid marketing approach and charge 10,0000000 time what it should cost because their supplement bottles look like trophies.
  11. Banned

I might take a little walk around the mall and stop by GNC. I'll start random discussion with somebody working there and find out if they've heard about this yet. If not, then I'll just bring them up to date.
  12. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGuyinNY View Post
    I might take a little walk around the mall and stop by GNC. I'll start random discussion with somebody working there and find out if they've heard about this yet. If not, then I'll just bring them up to date.
    they are only trained to know the labels and be able to tell you whey it will work for you (what i mean by that is why you should buy it)...most of the employees dont have a technical understanding. should be good for some laughs...
  13. Senior Member

no-xplode is the proof that the placebo effect does exist...
  14. Banned

most supplements are. not to say the supposed ingredients dont work, but people are either misdirected as to how to use it and/or a lot of things are under dosed and overpriced.
  15. Jet

they are only trained to know the labels and be able to tell you whey it will work for you (what i mean by that is why you should buy it)...most of the employees dont have a technical understanding. should be good for some laughs...
    I once got into an argument with a local GNC employee after she tried to sell me NO2 Black and I kindly told her no thank you, and that I didn't see the point in NO products. That raised some hell, and she began explaining to me, in her infinite scientific knowledge, that, "Well, come on. Muscles, you know, grow when they tear. So NO makes more blood go through your muscles, so they tear more."

*sigh*..."can I just have my protein?"
  16. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jet View Post
    I once got into an argument with a local GNC employee after she tried to sell me NO2 Black and I kindly told her no thank you, and that I didn't see the point in NO products. That raised some hell, and she began explaining to me, in her infinite scientific knowledge, that, "Well, come on. Muscles, you know, grow when they tear. So NO makes more blood go through your muscles, so they tear more."

yeah and I was almost banned from bb forum because I said that aplodan didn't worked when I tried it...
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

There should be an independant third party who test supplements and reports what they find. Sort of a "consumer reports" for supps.
    It's hard to concentrate when I can hear your thoughts.
  18. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jet View Post

well..im sitting here right now eating lots of protein and probably about to tear in the sense of ripping ass, and i can tell you NO products at GNC have not contributed to my current physique.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

i'm also an ex-GNC employee and concur with what pudz is sayin here. from personal experience trying dozens of fancy smancy creatine and NO products, i've found the vast majority generally fail to accomplish what they claim to do. that is to say, they're all exorbitantly overpriced crap. any smart employee at GNC will only try to play off the "positive" sides of each product, because their one main objective is to sell you what GNC is marketing. the more they sell, the more $$$ they make in commissions. so if you were a GNC employee tryin to make the most from your job, why would you wanna sacrifice your hard-earned commissions and advise customers not to buy from these bunk companies?
  20. New Member

I'd be welling to bet that a good 8 out of 10 consumers who buy these products first and foremost have no sense of diet whatsoever, and secondly don't even really train like they should to begin with. Otherwise placebo could be attributed to any gains if any made from these products.
  21. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LiftNDestroy View Post
    I'd be welling to bet that a good 8 out of 10 consumers who buy these products first and foremost have no sense of diet whatsoever, and secondly don't even really train like they should to begin with. Otherwise placebo could be attributed to any gains if any made from these products.
    i spoke to one customer who used Methyl Test for a year straight! give or take. when he came it, he had no size, and gyno. I was like hmmm... i felt bad so i took a few minutes and shared some of my knowledge with him. Turns out I got him to spend more money of health supplements and vitamins than he would have on the performance crap.
  22. Banned

I could never work at GNC. I'm sure you get store discounts, which are always nice, but I wouldn't be able to bullsh!t my customers and try convincing them to buy overpriced, some being worthless, products. Especially when I myself have been conned into trying such products, and ended up wasting my money and gaining nothing using the products in the gym.
  23. New Member

True i hate gnc for that reason.

damn bro you are a post-a-holic.in less than a month 400 posts!
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Bull****.

I've used a couple tubs, and it provides the best, cleanest energy I've experienced, and good pumps and endurance too.

I'm well-versed in the effects of NoDoz and Gatorade when taken pre-workout, and they feel nothing like No-Xplode.

Shove that placebo in your crack pipe and smoke it. You're the one experiencing a placebo effect: someone puts it out there that a large company's well known and over-hyped product sucks, and everyone jumps on the bashing bandwagon. That's placebo for ya!

:bruce2:
  25. Lift Heavy
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Bull****.

I've used a couple tubs, and it provides the best, cleanest energy I've experienced, and good pumps and endurance too.

I'm well-versed in the effects of NoDoz and Gatorade when taken pre-workout, and they feel nothing like No-Xplode.

Shove that placebo in your crack pipe and smoke it. You're the one experiencing a placebo effect: someone puts it out there that a large company's well known and over-hyped product sucks, and everyone jumps on the bashing bandwagon. That's placebo for ya!

That probably could've been said a little better.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Maybe, but it's true. I love all these 'I used it and liked/loved it, but apparently it was all a giant sugar rush!! **** them!' posts.

Remember other companies who dis No-Xplode have a lot to gain by doing so. I'll need way more details before I'll say BSN sucks. It's been a while since I used it; I think I'll give it another try soon.
  27. Senior Member

Bull****.

another one trying to start a drama...
    sorry bro but if no-xplode doesn't contain the ingredients that bsn say it does ,no-xplode and bsn do not deserve the money you put on their products.
    Regarding the placebo I can assure you that the creatine effects don't exist if there is no creatine, maybe what you felt is the caffeine effect, drink some coffees and save your money.
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

It may not contain the ingredients it says it does; it's my choice whether the effect I get is worth it to me.

It's been known for a very long time that a scoop of No-Xplode has >1gr creatine. It isn't marketed as a creatine product, really; it's called NO, or nitric oxide, for a reason, not CRE-explode. See where I'm going?

It's not just caffeine and sugar. I own a coffee roasting business, and have my choice of the finest coffees in the world. Coffee doesn't do **** for me, I drink 6 espressos in the morning on my days off just to bring myself to baseline. I've used No-Doz and gatorade pre-workout. These don't hold a candle to no-xplode. I know lots of people who agree.

What's in it? Couldn't tell you. I'd love to know. But it's not placebo, or simply caffeine.
  29. Senior Member

It may not contain the ingredients it says it does; it's my choice whether the effect I get is worth it to me.

It's been known for a very long time that a scoop of No-Xplode has >1gr creatine. It isn't marketed as a creatine product, really; it's called NO, or nitric oxide, for a reason, not CRE-explode. See where I'm going?

It's not just caffeine and sugar. I own a coffee roasting business, and have my choice of the finest coffees in the world. Coffee doesn't do **** for me, I drink 6 espressos in the morning on my days off just to bring myself to baseline. I've used No-Doz and gatorade pre-workout. These don't hold a candle to no-xplode. I know lots of people who agree.

What's in it? Couldn't tell you. I'd love to know. But it's not placebo, or simply caffeine.
    If you like it, take it I have nothing against that.
    the big problem here is that if is true that bsn lies in the sup facts , bsn does not deserve the consumer respect .
    I cant agree with a politic of false statements, if one product contains steroids and says it`s clean it will work for sure but probably some consumers didn`t knew what they were taking.
    If a product says that contains creatine it MUST have creatine!
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

I agree. I wonder if, when they switched to the new formula and red bottles, they didn't cut a corner or two? Could be.
  31. Banned

All of this BSN bashing is giving me a headache.

For people who hate BSN, some people are giving an awful lot of attention to the subject matter.

We all have the right to voice our opinions, though. Especially when we spend money and put our trust into a particular company, then come to find out, they've been screwing us all along.

I have a 1/2 tub of NO-Xplode left and I'm sure I'll end up using the rest of it. I've had great experience with it in the past. There are some other BSN products I'd like to try and I think I'll give them a shot, especially since I can get pretty much discount products on them. If they do nothing for me, then I'll can them and will stop giving money to BSN.

I'm still somewhat undecided on whether or not I truely do like BSN. I do like NO-Xplode, Syntha-6, and Cell Mass. However, I'm quite pissed off that BSN has exaggerated/lied/whathaveyou to us consumers.

Misleading your customers is the worst thing you could do.
  32. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigAsian View Post
    True i hate gnc for that reason.

damn bro you are a post-a-holic.in less than a month 400 posts!
    I'm waiting to start my job, so I've got all the time in the world right now. Ha.

Several people have already suggested to me that I go for a Gold membership.
  33. Banned

why bash a company? i mean yea they are BS and they falsely advertise their ingredients...but im sure they dont care cuz they make mad money compared to other supplement companies. anyway i agree with MGny....too much bashing..

btw...syntha 6 tastes awesome.
  34. New Member

i spoke to one customer who used Methyl Test for a year straight! give or take. when he came it, he had no size, and gyno. I was like hmmm... i felt bad so i took a few minutes and shared some of my knowledge with him. Turns out I got him to spend more money of health supplements and vitamins than he would have on the performance crap.
    That's awesome man! Some people are really just uneducated and wanna learn, it's just no one has shown them the way. Then there's the others that wanna stack 5 methyls together sit on the couch playing video games and get HAYOOOGE! Otherwise I'm really into some Syntha 6 cookies and cream so until the lab report comes back that it's got double the sugar and fat I'll keep taking it.
  35. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LiftNDestroy View Post
    That's awesome man! Some people are really just uneducated and wanna learn, it's just no one has shown them the way. Then there's the others that wanna stack 5 methyls together sit on the couch playing video games and get HAYOOOGE! Otherwise I'm really into some Syntha 6 cookies and cream so until the lab report comes back that it's got double the sugar and fat I'll keep taking it.
    hahhaha yea. its good stuff
  36. Banned

why bash a company? i mean yea they are BS and they falsely advertise their ingredients...but im sure they dont care cuz they make mad money compared to other supplement companies. anyway i agree with MGny....too much bashing..

btw...syntha 6 tastes awesome.
    I agree! Syntha-6 is amazing protein. The strawberry, vanilla ice cream, and mochaccino flavors are out of this world.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. BSN getting sued
    By buster0371 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 12:46 PM
  2. Replies: 110
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 09:01 PM
  3. ua or su?
    By primal1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 12:03 AM