Biotest has a Superfoods (8 vegetables per serving) product coming...

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Biotest has a Superfoods product that will be released in about a month or two. It supposedly contains approximately 7-8 servings of vegetables in one 5 gram serving and DOES NOT taste like crap.

Here's TC's description:

Biotest's Superfood™

Even if you do get a Black and Decker Steamer, getting in 5 to 8 serving of fruit and vegetables every day is almost an insurmountable task. You can fool yourself into thinking that your Greens Plus is somehow bridging the huge nutritional gap, but it's not bunky, it's not — unless you think some seaweed and some often allergenic grasses are going to do the trick.

Luckily, after two year's of research and work, Biotest has come up with Superfood, a freeze-dried, powdered mixture of about 30 different fruits and vegetables — fruits and vegetables you've heard of, too, like tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, blueberry, etc.

All you do is take about five grams — about a teaspoon — of the pleasant berry-smelling product (it has no artificial flavor or color or scent) and mix it in water, juice, or Metabolic Drive.

The flavor is subtle, like that of a good fruit tea.

The cool thing is, the ORAC rating of this stuff is off the chart!

In case you haven't heard of it before, the ORAC rating (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) is a method of measuring antioxidant capacities of foods when exposed to a free-radical challenge.

The method was developed by the National Institute on Aging, a division of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, and measures the effects of both fat-soluble and water-soluble antioxidants. An ORAC value of 400 is equivalent to the antioxidant capacity of one serving of fruit or vegetable.

Well, a five-gram serving of Biotest's Superfood has an ORAC rating of over 3,000. That means it's roughly equivalent to 8 servings of fruits and vegetables!

You can buy it...oh wait, you can't buy it, at least not yet.

(I know, I know. I'm a bastard. While we've nailed the product, it won't be out for another month or two.)

This will be a staple for me...no doubt about it.

Also, TC later went on to explain that it is possible to squeeze 8 servings of vegetables into 5 grams because once you take away the vegetables' water and cellulose, it just leaves the good stuff...

jdrannin1

Awards
Finally. Their magic Greens supplement that they have been working on for 4 years now. Wow - 4 years in the making. It must be the absolute most innovative supplement the world has ever seen. Christ!!

Overhyped. Overpriced. They slam and degrade other companies,their products and preach they are the saviors of bodybuilding and supplements. Christ! A PWO product with 50g simple sugars?!?! Still?!?!?!? They say that's a superior PWO prduct!?!?! WTFever!

They're arrogant *******s and they will never see a penny from me. They are absolutely ridiculous with their grandioso, **** dont stink, self dillusional, profit, melodramatic, pretentious dicks!

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Uhm, right. Yet they're not putting ads in every damn magazine or screwing customers.

I like them as a company and find their products to be slightly overpriced but all high quality.

Their whey product is affordable and decent, metabolic drive tastes great, Hot-Rox works, Carbolin-19 is Drive before there was Drive, and they have an inexpensive creatine product. No snake oil, no gimmicks, just stuff that works.

Notice the lack of a "pump product" in their line? Yeah, I do too. At least they don't rip people off with stuff that doesn't work.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I must admit as well, I keep pondering flameout

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
This sounds good! As long as they don't try and overprice it!Although its not something i'd buy.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
This looks like a good product, but I'll stick to my filling foods.

jdrannin1

Awards
Uhm, right. Yet they're not putting ads in every damn magazine or screwing customers.

I like them as a company and find their products to be slightly overpriced but all high quality.

Their whey product is affordable and decent, metabolic drive tastes great, Hot-Rox works, Carbolin-19 is Drive before there was Drive, and they have an inexpensive creatine product. No snake oil, no gimmicks, just stuff that works.

Notice the lack of a "pump product" in their line? Yeah, I do too. At least they don't rip people off with stuff that doesn't work.

Really? Look at the ingredients in Drive. Drive is way ahead of forskolin ester carbonate. And 40mg of forskolin for $30 per month. And comparing forskolin to a steroid. Ya - rip off!

your right, they dont have a creatine product per se. It's just creatine mono. Nothing innovative or special - yet through all their "research" they've determined any other kind of creatine isnt as effective as creatine mono. I respectfully disagree. There are plently a creatine products that are very effective. Mono is fine, but dont tell me any of other form of creatine is useless or absolete.

MD is overpriced. $30 for 28 servings of protein? pfft.

Time-released beta alanine. um yeah. $47/month

Overpriced sulbatiamine with caffeine and yohimbine. really innovative. but I forgot, their sulbatiamine is more special than the competititon.

Flamout seems decent - but they cant have more than 500mg of CLA and they say they have an effective and concentrated isomer ratio/dose. and TC claims to have been the first to bring CLA to the market so. long ago. LIES.

Hot-Rox - let's not forget they are trying to take credit for being the first to bring rasberry ketones to the market when MAN was way ahead of them. how much 7-keto is in that again? yeah - no one knows. so $40/month for carbonate forskolin, unknown amount of 7-keto, rasberry and yomhimbine for $40?

and no pump porduct? that doesnt mean they are ethical. have you ever read what Dave Barr wronte about the NO scam - talk about a bull****ter.

Oh and the tribulus, methoxy and myostatin of the world...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dunno, would be handy as "supplemental" depending on price of course. I wouldn't not eat veggies I liked, but I could see adding 2-3g to a shake once a day to get a little extra veggies

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I dunno, would be handy as "supplemental" depending on price of course. I wouldn't not eat veggies I liked, but I could see adding 2-3g to a shake once a day to get a little extra veggies
Supplemental or not you get my point!

Really? Look at the ingredients in Drive. Drive is way ahead of forskolin ester carbonate. And 40mg of forskolin for $30 per month. And comparing forskolin to a steroid. Ya - rip off!

your right, they dont have a creatine product per se. It's just creatine mono. Nothing innovative or special - yet through all their "research" they've determined any other kind of creatine isnt as effective as creatine mono. I respectfully disagree. There are plently a creatine products that are very effective. Mono is fine, but dont tell me any of other form of creatine is useless or absolete.

MD is overpriced. $30 for 28 servings of protein? pfft.

Time-released beta alanine. um yeah. $47/month

Overpriced sulbatiamine with caffeine and yohimbine. really innovative. but I forgot, their sulbatiamine is more special than the competititon.

Flamout seems decent - but they cant have more than 500mg of CLA and they say they have an effective and concentrated isomer ratio/dose. and TC claims to have been the first to bring CLA to the market so. long ago. LIES.

Hot-Rox - let's not forget they are trying to take credit for being the first to bring rasberry ketones to the market when MAN was way ahead of them. how much 7-keto is in that again? yeah - no one knows. so $40/month for carbonate forskolin, unknown amount of 7-keto, rasberry and yomhimbine for $40?

and no pump porduct? that doesnt mean they are ethical. have you ever read what Dave Barr wronte about the NO scam - talk about a bull****ter.

Oh and the tribulus, methoxy and myostatin of the world...

Bio-test was the first to bring Sulbutiamine to the market.

The first product that I created was cAMPHIBOLIC. A forskolin based product at real dosages.

The first product I designed was cAMPHIBOLIC(over 2 years ago). cAMPHIBOLIC used the effective dose of forksolin. A great product until it got watered down by a manufacture because it caused "stomach" issues, against my advise. But hey, He was the product "formulator" but that still makes me chuckle.

I have 2 studies on file with almost the same testing pool. One used Forskolin and the other used an Anabolic steroid. Forskolin out performed the steroid.

There are alot of weak anabolic steroids, but for some reason, the word steroid and supplement shouuld not be compared. Nothing will ever compare to pure testosterone or a Test/d-bol stack, but a properly planned supplement stack can out peform steroids or give it a run for it's money especailly when you consider the recovery perioid after steroid use.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have yet to try a Superfood product. I haven't found anything worth my money. GNC sells several Superfood products, but of course, they're overpriced as well as everything else they sell.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
We are coming out with a new supplement as well. It is a 10lb steak in a single capsule. :)

BTW Ubi I see you down there watching.

CROWLER

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Biotest has a Superfoods product that will be released in about a month or two. It supposedly contains approximately 7-8 servings of vegetables in one 5 gram serving and DOES NOT taste like crap.

Here's TC's description:

Biotest's Superfood™

Even if you do get a Black and Decker Steamer, getting in 5 to 8 serving of fruit and vegetables every day is almost an insurmountable task. You can fool yourself into thinking that your Greens Plus is somehow bridging the huge nutritional gap, but it's not bunky, it's not — unless you think some seaweed and some often allergenic grasses are going to do the trick.

Luckily, after two year's of research and work, Biotest has come up with Superfood, a freeze-dried, powdered mixture of about 30 different fruits and vegetables — fruits and vegetables you've heard of, too, like tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, blueberry, etc.

All you do is take about five grams — about a teaspoon — of the pleasant berry-smelling product (it has no artificial flavor or color or scent) and mix it in water, juice, or Metabolic Drive.

The flavor is subtle, like that of a good fruit tea.

The cool thing is, the ORAC rating of this stuff is off the chart!

In case you haven't heard of it before, the ORAC rating (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) is a method of measuring antioxidant capacities of foods when exposed to a free-radical challenge.

The method was developed by the National Institute on Aging, a division of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, and measures the effects of both fat-soluble and water-soluble antioxidants. An ORAC value of 400 is equivalent to the antioxidant capacity of one serving of fruit or vegetable.

Well, a five-gram serving of Biotest's Superfood has an ORAC rating of over 3,000. That means it's roughly equivalent to 8 servings of fruits and vegetables!

You can buy it...oh wait, you can't buy it, at least not yet.

(I know, I know. I'm a bastard. While we've nailed the product, it won't be out for another month or two.)

This will be a staple for me...no doubt about it.

Also, TC later went on to explain that it is possible to squeeze 8 servings of vegetables into 5 grams because once you take away the vegetables' water and cellulose, it just leaves the good stuff...

The ORAC of my strip I am taking is 5800 or something high up there per serving which is higher than any super drink or powder out there and has more than 8 servings if fruits and vegies. It blows t his bio test product out of the water not to mention its time released and PH released over 12 hours. By far the best product for a super food. This is a super duper food lol.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
exactly why stop enjoying my broccoli right?
If you can't take time to cook, and enjoy foods, then something is missing in your life. Eating should be part of the pleasures of life.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
If you can't take time to cook, and enjoy foods, then something is missing in your life. Eating should be part of the pleasures of life.
Finally some understands!

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
We are coming out with a new supplement as well. It is a 10lb steak in a single capsule. :)

CROWLER
Sorry crowler.... somebody beat you to it...

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
I think you're harsh on Biotest. Just about every supplement company hypes their products and Biotest is no exception. However, I can say from experience that their products work. Flameout is one of the most concentrated fish oils on the market, for example. Metabolic Drive Complete is one of the first MRPs with any kind of quality ingredients. Metabolic Drive tastes incredible enough for Men's Health to call it the best protein mix of 2007. I've used Hot-Rox to get into single-digit veins on your abs bodyfat. Powerdrive definitely helps with recovery and mental acuity.

To be blunt, their stuff works and I just shrug off the marketing and go with my experience. I used to use their stuff exclusively, but now I don't at all because I don't always want to pay a premium for supplements.

But when they have a good product, I'll buy it every now and then. I'm not held back by stupid nitpicking and marketing claims.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
First thing that popped into my head when I read about Superfoods was "So THAT'S why they starting bashing Greens+ a few months ago - after being such an advocate for a long time."

Hmmmm...so NOW it's bunk? LoL Coincidence?

I wonder if Berardi has been censored by those guys to stop promoting Greens+, as it was always one of the first supplements he recommended.

And what exactly does Biotest have against exotic vegetables and such? Wasn't their false Myostatin product derived from some exotic algea?

jdrannin1

Awards
I think you're harsh on Biotest. Just about every supplement company hypes their products and Biotest is no exception. However, I can say from experience that their products work. Flameout is one of the most concentrated fish oils on the market, for example. Metabolic Drive Complete is one of the first MRPs with any kind of quality ingredients. Metabolic Drive tastes incredible enough for Men's Health to call it the best protein mix of 2007. I've used Hot-Rox to get into single-digit veins on your abs bodyfat. Powerdrive definitely helps with recovery and mental acuity.

To be blunt, their stuff works and I just shrug off the marketing and go with my experience. I used to use their stuff exclusively, but now I don't at all because I don't always want to pay a premium for supplements.

But when they have a good product, I'll buy it every now and then. I'm not held back by stupid nitpicking and marketing claims.

That's fair enough.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
First thing that popped into my head when I read about Superfoods was "So THAT'S why they starting bashing Greens+ a few months ago - after being such an advocate for a long time."

I wonder if Berardi has been censored by those guys to stop promoting Greens+, as it was always one of the first supplements he recommended.

And what exactly does Biotest have against exotic vegetables and such? Wasn't their false Myostatin product derived from some exotic algea?
TC has been talking about Greens+ being so-so for a while now. He admits that he used to be a proponent of it but thinks that its formulation leaves something to be desired, especially for bodybuilders (since ingredients in Greens+ lower testosterone). Also, as their research developed, they realized the shortcomings of Greens+ more and more. So as he learned more he spoke about it..

That would be the counter argument.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
TC has been talking about Greens+ being so-so for a while now. He admits that he used to be a proponent of it but thinks that its formulation leaves something to be desired, especially for bodybuilders (since ingredients in Greens+ lower testosterone). Also, as their research developed, they realized the shortcomings of Greens+ more and more. So as he learned more he spoke about it..

That would be the counter argument.
Yes - the closer Biotest was to releasing their product, the more TC started talking about the shortcomings he's recently found, lol. It's all about money and marketing. He's not a stupid guy. In fact, I rather enjoy his writings - it's just easy to see through their propaganda. I don't have to trust him to enjoy him. :)

Kind of like me letting you know I've always enjoyed anabolicminds. Then... I start singing the shortcomings of anabolicminds.com .... and then coincidently announced the release of MY version of anabolicminds which is so much more superior, lol....because all those things I said were great about AM before were just lies...lol.

Also, kinda like that "ex-biatch" some guys have that smells and is now terrible in bed. Why didn't they tell us this 10 years ago? Hmmm...they only say it when they're broken up, lol.

Don't get me wrong - I might buy Superfoods IF the price is right and IF they sell it somewhere other than their own website. I personally like Greens+ and like their nutritional profile. Although lately I bought a new more powerful juicer and have been drinking freshly squeezed veggies and fruit everyday...

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Yes - the closer Biotest was to releasing their product, the more TC started talking about the shortcomings he's recently found, lol. It's all about money and marketing. He's not a stupid guy. In fact, I rather enjoy his writings - it's just easy to see through their propaganda. I don't have to trust him to enjoy him. :)

Kind of like me letting you know I've always enjoyed anabolicminds. Then... I start singing the shortcomings of anabolicminds.com .... and then coincidently announced the release of MY version of anabolicminds which is so much more superior, lol....because all those things I said were great about AM before were just lies...lol.

Also, kinda like that "ex-biatch" some guys have that smells and is now terrible in bed. Why didn't they tell us this 10 years ago? Hmmm...they only say it when they're broken up, lol.

Don't get me wrong - I might buy Superfoods IF the price is right and IF they sell it somewhere other than their own website. I personally like Greens+ and like their nutritional profile. Although lately I bought a new more powerful juicer and have been drinking freshly squeezed veggies and fruit everyday...
I understand where you're coming from and have thought the same thing about his timing. There's also the outside chance that TC and Biotest have integrity and really are passionate about what they do. Maybe the research DOES warrant the kind of hype he's talking about?

I don't know...

I mean, if this ORAC rating is actually a good measure and the Biotest product's rating is that much higher than the Greens+ product, then I guess it's not hype, is it?

But you're also right that the price will determine how good or bad this product is. It might really be awesome, but if it's anything over $29.99 for 30 servings, then it's not cool...

I could imagine it being sold for $39.99 for 30 servings, and if it is...no thanks.

JAY426

Board Supporter
Awards
djbombsquad (what product are you taking?)

The ORAC of my strip I am taking is 5800 or something high up there per serving which is higher than any super drink or powder out there and has more than 8 servings if fruits and vegies. It blows t his bio test product out of the water not to mention its time released and PH released over 12 hours. By far the best product for a super food. This is a super duper food lol.
What product are you taking?

Jay Madden

Jay Madden

Awards

Exactly. TC sucked Greens+ balls until Biotest started promotions on this new product. It may be a coincidence, but I think TC might just be a douche.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. TC sucked Greens+ balls until Biotest started promotions on this new product. It may be a coincidence, but I think TC might just be a douche.
Coincidence, no. Look at the timeline. Biotest wanted to look into that market segment and in their research they found that there were things they could do better.

You can look at it three ways:

1. TC is just hyping the product because they're releasing one

2. Biotest has a good product that warrants a 180 by TC

3. Biotest is hyping the product and it is also happens to be a good product

I tend to believe #3.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like those hippy fruit juices that say theres "1 lb of veggies/fuit in each bottle"

riiiiiight, lmao

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established

CROWLER
LMFAO

Thats ****ing awesome! :D:D:D

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Coincidence, no. Look at the timeline. Biotest wanted to look into that market segment and in their research they found that there were things they could do better.

You can look at it three ways:

1. TC is just hyping the product because they're releasing one

2. Biotest has a good product that warrants a 180 by TC

3. Biotest is hyping the product and it is also happens to be a good product

I tend to believe #3.
This guy is a shill.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Bio-test was the first to bring Sulbutiamine to the market.

The first product that I created was cAMPHIBOLIC. A forskolin based product at real dosages.

The first product I designed was cAMPHIBOLIC(over 2 years ago). cAMPHIBOLIC used the effective dose of forksolin. A great product until it got watered down by a manufacture because it caused "stomach" issues, against my advise. But hey, He was the product "formulator" but that still makes me chuckle.

I have 2 studies on file with almost the same testing pool. One used Forskolin and the other used an Anabolic steroid. Forskolin out performed the steroid.

There are alot of weak anabolic steroids, but for some reason, the word steroid and supplement shouuld not be compared. Nothing will ever compare to pure testosterone or a Test/d-bol stack, but a properly planned supplement stack can out peform steroids or give it a run for it's money especailly when you consider the recovery perioid after steroid use.
I chuckle too.... different reasons, same type of chuckle.

Biotest Superfoods... it'll be interesting to read more about it. Is it for sale already?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

CROWLER
is it a 10lb capsule that you crack open onto your grille?

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Why am I being called a shill? I've reviewed plenty of other supplements on this website in a very fair manner. From AN's IGF-2, Havoc, P-Plex, and Jungle Warfare and more...

I'm not a "homer" for Biotest, I just like some of their stuff and don't think they're full of **** like everyone else is so quick to think.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Why am I being called a shill? I've reviewed plenty of other supplements on this website in a very fair manner. From AN's IGF-2, Havoc, P-Plex, and Jungle Warfare and more...

I'm not a "homer" for Biotest, I just like some of their stuff and don't think they're full of **** like everyone else is so quick to think.
give the guy a break he has close to 700 posts

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Just ignore it man..... while I am not a huge fan of Biotest for various reasons, there's nothing bad in their lineup in my opinion.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Just ignore it man..... while I am not a huge fan of Biotest for various reasons, there's nothing bad in their lineup in my opinion.
Yea its not like were speaking of Muscletech,biotest seems to be decent.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, well thanks. I suddenly went from like a lot of rep points to none because of this thread.

Oh well. People can do that if it makes them feel better, but I still think of Biotest as a quality supplement company.

I'm a fan of:

Biotest
Anabolic Xtreme
Applied Nutriceuticals
Beverly International
Xtreme Formulations
RPN
IBE
Ergopharm
and many more

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
lol no that isn't why you went to no rep points.

The board owner reset all of us to zero.

BTW There is no way to neg rep on this board anyways.

CROWLER

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
lol no that isn't why you went to no rep points.

The board owner reset all of us to zero.

BTW There is no way to neg rep on this board anyways.

CROWLER
Haha, I was scared there for a second...:lol:

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I don't have an issue with Superfoods (actually, very little info is released on it anyways).
I also do not have an issue with TC or Biotest as a whole hyping their product. They exist to make money, as most businesses do.
I would also not have an issue with them if they were to compare the 2 products and attempt to say their version is a better version.

But I do however, take issue with them calling Greens+ "bunk" - especially when they were speaking so highly of it for so long. Hypocritical.

Instead of saying "Greens+ has always been great, but we've made a new formula that has improved upon it" - they try to dismiss ever supporting Greens+ and that it is now suddenly crap with "seaweed and some often allergenic grasses". I guess TC forgot how to read a label maybe? Are we suddenly talking at a grade 2 level again? It's the backpeddling and bashing that I dislike the most, and what triggers my distrust in them.

Every company has strong and weak products. I tend to trust and support companies that can publically admit the strengths in other companies products. (MAN, Ergopharm, USPS Labs, Scivation, etc all come to mind as having representatives that do so. There are many others on this board too - sorry for not listing them all). If they improve upon a competitor's product, explain why and how it is an improvement. But do not start trying to bash the other product as suddenly useless - especially when you were a big supporter before.

Next thing you know, Biotest will release their own brand of workout machine, and suddenly find critical evidence that free weights are completely useless and bunk...

Regardless of their marketing lack of ethics and integrity, I will still be interested in this product if it's easily obtainable (ie: not just their website). I'm a big supporter of veggies, but I'm not a big eater of them like I should be.

I'll also still go on record that saying Methoxy 7 was the best tasting supplement I ever had...and I'll even continue to say I believe it worked for me.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Im surprised this thread has lasted as long as it has lol anyone else agree?

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Awesome quote, I am always telling people cooking and eating is fun around work when I see people eating Burger King... And they return a blank stare.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards

Take it for what it is. If you go over to T-Mag, you will get the same response if you pimp any of the popular products this site likes...

Jay Madden

Jay Madden

Awards
Take it for what it is. If you go over to T-Mag, you will get the same response if you pimp any of the popular products this site likes...
And the same thing is true over at bb.com.

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
And the same thing is true over at bb.com.
Well, the dumb thing to me is, Anabolic Minds is not in the same category as Biotest. Biotest creates a following because of its publishing business.

It's like comparing Apples to Oranges.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Well, the dumb thing to me is, Anabolic Minds is not in the same category as Biotest. Biotest creates a following because of its publishing business.

It's like comparing Apples to Oranges.
Same concept, just different means.

At the end of the day it is all about the bottom line.