need help quick!! thanks in advance!

dedication24

Awards
THis might be the wrong place to ask for this advice but anti-depressants and painkillers are commonly discussed on this board and I dont know where else to go.

I am on anti-depressants and I just pulled my back pretty badly. I have some left over percocets from when i got my teeth out and Ive been doing google searches and cant find whether it is safe to mix the two.

Is it safe to mix percocets and prozac????

thanks!

BorixTheBlade

BorixTheBlade

Awards
Ask a doctor, that's your best bet. I wouldnt combine two potent medicines based on what you hear on a bodybuilding forum. Just my 2 cents.

dedication24

Awards
i understand that, but a doctor is not available right now - so if someone is doing it, id assume it was safe.

BorixTheBlade

BorixTheBlade

Awards
I'm not trying to argue, I don't understand what you read that would make you think it's safe. If our not going to back your self up or present more information if requested, people won't help you.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
These two medicines have Moderate Interactions with each other if taken 4 hours apart. Although, you need to discuss this with your DR.

This is not the place to ask such questions, for future reference. The information is out there on the WEB, you just have to want to really find it.

logan20007

Awards
bro i know you have a pharmacy you can call them or you can call poison control its a department that every city has
good luck

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Reading right from a professional drug handbook, the only interaction between these two drugs is a slight decrease in effectiveness of the analgesic(percocet) when combined. Also, analgesics could cause serotonin syndrome when used together with SSRIs. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, I mean its not going to kill you or anything, but take at your own risk.