Thyroid Problems and Fat Loss Supps ?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Howdy folks.

I'm asking this on behalf of a friend's mom and another guy that I lift with. They both have some problems with their thyroid, most likely an underactive thyroid, and have gained weight because of it.

My question is whether or not there are safe and effective supplements out there that will help to raise thyroid activity and metabolism without causing harm to the gland itself? :think:

I've read about as much as I could find about things like gugglesterones and Gaspari's Thyrotabs, but can not find a definitive answer short of the standard warning labels.

Would Thyrotabs be a wise investment? Or the seemingly controversial gugglesterones? What else might y'all recommend for someone in this situation?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. :D

Naven

Awards
Any particular reason they don't treat the hypothyroidism? I mean, it's super common, the treatment is relatively benign and easy, and makes people feel better.

I guess you could give them some 11-oxo, it apparently has some thyroid boosting qualities, or better, just have them visit their doc, get their TSH and T3/T4 checked out, and treat for it.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I believe that in both cases, they don't have great health care and such testing/Rx would be too expensive. Both are not full-blown inactive thyroid, just a history and possibility of hypothyroidism. The one case of the guy who lifts presents itself as an inability to lose weight despite strict diet and exercise. The other case is more of a mostly sedentary person who is beginning activity and diet but wants a bit of a head start.

I think it's that each are at different stages, but commonly looking for a little supplemental help. Though I'm one that believes diet and exercise need to be first priority, they want to know that there's something out there that may help as well. But having a tricky thyroid may be an even bigger hinderance.

My biggest fear for them is that they go out and buy some crap and end up screwing themselves in the long (or short) run.

iw1

iw1

Awards
i'd try taking around 3 grams of tyrosine a day and mega dosing now brand kelp say around 30 a day. also they can look into 7oxo. i'd try that before looking into any thyroid hormone.