Mega-dosing ALCAR

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Anyone done 6g's+ daily of ALCAR? If so what were your results like i wanna see what kind of fatloss i can get off of this maybe try PLCAR instead we'll see.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
alcar messes with my thought process, just wondering if anyone else experienced that. been thinking of trying plcar.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chaps, I love ALCAR, and I dose it at anywhere from 6-8 grams a day split up evenly. Great mental focus, more energy, more sweats, and I seem to lean out more when I addd ALCAR into my stack, love the stuff!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chaps, I love ALCAR, and I dose it at anywhere from 6-8 grams a day split up evenly. Great mental focus, more energy, more sweats, and I seem to lean out more when I addd ALCAR into my stack, love the stuff!
That's a big dose. I hope you are also taking enough alpha lipoic acid to quench the free radicals that the heightened mitochondrial action would unleash.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried PLCAR? It's in DCP and i'm SURE that's the ingredient that gave me tons of energy and endurance when i took it before cardio and training. I'm going to buy 500g's ALCAR and try 8g's a day looks really good.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea, I loved DCP, it was great too, the PLCAR completly crushed my appetite. Thats what i got too, the 500 grams, it last a long time! You'll be happy with it man. I am taking it with Drive and RPM and melting Point right now, seems to be giving me some great results.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you are in the majority. but after doing a search it seems there are quite a few of us who dont react well to alcar.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a big dose. I hope you are also taking enough alpha lipoic acid to quench the free radicals that the heightened mitochondrial action would unleash.
I take my multi and my greens powder, seems to be anough for me.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone done 6g's+ daily of ALCAR? If so what were your results like i wanna see what kind of fatloss i can get off of this maybe try PLCAR instead we'll see.
The compounds do different things, as you know. ALCAR crosses the blood-brain barrier to fight oxidative stress, improve energy production in the brain and central nervous system, improves cognitive function by triggering the release of acetylcholine and dopamine.
PLCAR has an affinity for heart, endothelial and muscle cells, and leads to increases in muscle energy stores of glycogen.
I would ideally go for a combination of the two, with a good dose of a potent antioxidant, such as alpha lipoic acid.

Tkenshin

Awards
at one time i did it at probably 5 grams- 1.5 morning, 2 grams pre workout, 1.5 post.(or for cardio). I really like it for mental energy, and for fat loss purpose.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I loved DCP, it was great too, the PLCAR completly crushed my appetite. Thats what i got too, the 500 grams, it last a long time! You'll be happy with it man. I am taking it with Drive and RPM and melting Point right now, seems to be giving me some great results.
I'll be doing Drive+RPM+Retain 2+8g's ALCAR

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
The compounds do different things, as you know. ALCAR crosses the blood-brain barrier to fight oxidative stress, improve energy production in the brain and central nervous system, improves cognitive function by triggering the release of acetylcholine and dopamine.
PLCAR has an affinity for heart, endothelial and muscle cells, and leads to increases in muscle energy stores of glycogen.
I would ideally go for a combination of the two, with a good dose of a potent antioxidant, such as alpha lipoic acid.
Ya i could always do a combo of both maybe 8g's ALCAR, 2g's PLCAR and load up on vitamin C and ALA

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
How do ALCAR and PLCAR compare to plain old L-Carnitine?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do ALCAR and PLCAR compare to plain old L-Carnitine?
Night and day.

liquid Carnitine, around 5 grams equivalent, on an empty stomach straight into cardio did help me lose fat...but compared to PLCAR - well, there IS no comparison.

Not to mention PLCAR will assist in the libido department as well.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Night and day.

liquid Carnitine, around 5 grams equivalent, on an empty stomach straight into cardio did help me lose fat...but compared to PLCAR - well, there IS no comparison.

I noticed that from DCP, harder errections as well. So DSADE would you recommned PLCAR or ALCAR for fatloss?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I noticed that from DCP, harder errections as well
the physical is great, but there is nothing as amazing for us old guys as a libido boost.

Got the design for a real desire booster (and I mean a primitive drive, hump the sink while you are brushing your teeth kind of libido) almost finished. PLCAR is a huge part of it.

I would not completely cut ALCAR, just tilt the balance of your daily intake (especially pre-workout) towards PLCAR.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
the physical is great, but there is nothing as amazing for us old guys as a libido boost.

Got the design for a real desire booster (and I mean a primitive drive, hump the sink while you are brushing your teeth kind of libido) almost finished. PLCAR is a huge part of it.

I would not completely cut ALCAR, just tilt the balance of your daily intake (especially pre-workout) towards PLCAR.
So if i wanted to do a nice high dose what would you say would be good? 4g's PLCAR and 6g's ALCAR daily?

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
Night and day.

Hmm, what brand of liquid Carni were you using?

What I'm worried about with ALCAR powder is that it's acidic and that can't be good for the teeth. Stuff smells just like vinegar.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So if i wanted to do a nice high dose what would you say would be good? 4g's PLCAR and 6g's ALCAR daily?
Depending on when you work out, I would dose probably 2 grams ALCAR and a gram PLCAR in the morning, the same at your "crap out point" during the say (for me, around 2pm), then 2-3 grams and a gram of ALCAR preworkout.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm, what brand of liquid Carni were you using?

What I'm worried about with ALCAR powder is that it's acidic and that can't be good for the teeth. Stuff smells just like vinegar.
I think i was using Ultimate Nutrition brand...for ALCAR, just dissolve into a small amount of liquid and slam it..no need for it to contact your teeth for long.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What are some good anti-oxidants to use to counteract this?
I'm currently finishing my stash of DS vigor and taking miracle greens along w/ my multi.

Any chance NOxidant would work here?
I'd love to pick some up if it does...

(Hint, hint Dsade) :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are some good anti-oxidants to use to counteract this?
I'm currently finishing my stash of DS vigor and taking miracle greens along w/ my multi.

Any chance NOxidant would work here?
I'd love to pick some up if it does...

(Hint, hint Dsade) :)
I know you would prefer a response from dsade, yet I would consider a cocktail of antioxidants, both water-soluble and fat-soluble, as appropriate. Alpha Lipoic Acid (whether in the RS or R, or more advanced form), Vitamin C (both as water-soluble and as fat-soluble Áscorbyl Palmitate), Vitamin E (alpha and gamma tocopherols and tocotrienols), Chlorophyllin, Grape Seed Extract, Green Tea Extract (EGCG), Quercetin/Dihydroquercetin, Sesame Lignans, and Resveratrol are some examples that come to mind. Some of these can be obtained as a blend; others may have to be sourced stand-alone.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most Ive done was six grams, a noticable mind energy enhancement. I took Alcar strait everyday for about two years. It does have minor benifits. It doesnt aid in fatloss , it does do the microndra thing though, this is where the manufacters get you.Your lack of knowledge in how micon cells work.well i have changed my mind it is worth it some times..I cycle supplements now

Minnesota

Minnesota

Awards
i was hoping for a package deal of java stuff:clap2:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i was hoping for a package deal of java stuff:clap2:
We have 2 more products to perfect, then the gift set will be released....All Java

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm more interested in seeing what the Atomic Meltdown is. What the heck is it, sounds cool!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lol. Products sound exciting.

Sorry to repeat, but any other info on the hair loss product?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol. Products sound exciting.

Sorry to repeat, but any other info on the hair loss product?
Not yet...it's being kept tightly under control. Testers will be called for soon.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe your pheremone product can be called "Shot of Love" ;)
Or we can make a special energy drink for you...and call it "Money Shot".

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not yet...it's being kept tightly under control. Testers will be called for soon.
does this block dht or actually regrow like rogaine?

whats the ingreds made out of, if you dont mind posting it?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
does this block dht or actually regrow like rogaine?

whats the ingreds made out of, if you dont mind posting it?
I'm not sharing the ingredients just yet, for the obvious reasons.

It has an anti-androgen, SOD precursors, immune system/inflammation controllers, and growth stimulators.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established

It has an anti-androgen, SOD precursors, immune system/inflammation controllers, and growth stimulators.
VERY interested in this one!! :woohoo:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

If it does grow hair back, Im mainly interested in just blocking dht, does it have to be used every day for the rest of your life, to get results?

every other day?

What do you recommend?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If it does grow hair back, Im mainly interested in just blocking dht, does it have to be used every day for the rest of your life, to get results?

every other day?

What do you recommend?
I would say it would become a cycle...the hair will grow back, and you will block the effect of androgens while using it, then the androgen effect will start hacking back when you discontinue...sorry, just the nature of the beast.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Oooh Oooh Ooooh

My rat experienced some shedding and thinning during his last round of Epi. I would LOVE to see how he reacts!

X

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established

DSade, is this what the 98% Icariin was/is going to be used for? :food:

nelix

Awards
  • Established
That much ALCAR would cause such a headache in me, I dare not imagine it.

I have dosed that much PLCAR though, and no headaches and a nice tingling cold flushing sensation.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Be careful when mega-dosing ALCAR.

Check out my post at post #18: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/47321-bulk-alcar.html

I found out the hard way. I don't know if mega-dosing once a day would be an issue, just saying to be careful.
Did you also (mega-dose) any potent anti-oxidant such as alpha lipoic acid during your acetyl-l-carnitine mega-dosing? This is usually recommended to manage the increase in free-radical activity triggered by acetyl-l-carnitine-induced elevation in mitochondrial function.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Not that I recall. Definitely not ALA. I always use 1-3g of Ester-C, but that probably would have been it.