Carbs and mental function for a big test tomorrow

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is the wrong forum but I need an answer ASAP.

I am a low carb kind of guy and ever since I made the switch I LOVE how I feel on many many levels since carbs ruin my digestive system and strength (long story.) With that background aside I have noticed that I think carbs might still effect my mental function positively in the short run as long as I don't eat them day in and day out.

Here is the problem:

I just did my carb up (I do it as life calls for it aka socially ect) on saturday and am working on my transition back into a low carb state BUT I have a very very important LE exam tomorrow am. Would you suggest carbs then?

Just so this ties into the forum:

I am considering my normal breakfast with has 16g of carbs but 8 are fiber and the rest are lactose so it has very little blood sugar impact BUT in addition to this I may take 40-50g of raw steel cut oats with 1g yellow gold....

I know this is a long question but I am very unsure about this and need to be SHARP.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
1 gram of yellow gold may send you hypo, Unless you feel foggy when you are not taking in carbs i wouldn't switch stuff up from your normal routine, otherwise try something like a banana before the test, it will raise you blood sugar enough to sharpen up your cognitive functions, but wont kill your diet either.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
This is the wrong forum but I need an answer ASAP.

I am a low carb kind of guy and ever since I made the switch I LOVE how I feel on many many levels since carbs ruin my digestive system and strength (long story.) With that background aside I have noticed that I think carbs might still effect my mental function positively in the short run as long as I don't eat them day in and day out.

Here is the problem:

I just did my carb up (I do it as life calls for it aka socially ect) on saturday and am working on my transition back into a low carb state BUT I have a very very important LE exam tomorrow am. Would you suggest carbs then?

Just so this ties into the forum:

I am considering my normal breakfast with has 16g of carbs but 8 are fiber and the rest are lactose so it has very little blood sugar impact BUT in addition to this I may take 40-50g of raw steel cut oats with 1g yellow gold....

I know this is a long question but I am very unsure about this and need to be SHARP.
No need for carbs since "Fat" is brain food. Eat your protein in the morning and then consume some fish oil.

Protein and fat in the morning opposed to carbs have been shown to increase test scores. Honest ;)

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys...

I am a low carber till death after switching my routine so these answers fit right in with my theories.

Also pmiller,

I am VEEEEEERY insulin resistant I guess because I regularly take 40g carbs with 1g yellow gold and 200mg na-r-ala and don't go hypo but PLEASE don't try this if you aren't me haha

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
solomon-chan Weight Loss 15
Supplements 22
Nutrition / Health 7
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 38
Anabolics 23