Traditional Red Rice Yeast Extract

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
I guess back a few years ago the FDA forced manufacturers of Red Rice Yeast to make the supplement basically ineffective by changing the way the supplement is manufactured. Confirming the paranoid theory that the FDA is in the back pocket of Big Pharma.

Previously Red Rice Yeast had an effective cholesterol reducing compound similar to the drug mevacor, that was effective in quantities even less than 10% of what typical Chinese person consumes in his/her diet.

Irregardless that the compound has been used in china since before the birth of Christ, the FDA ordered the supplement to be changed because people might not be aware of the potential side effects.

My question is, does anyone know of any brand names of red rice yeast extract that employ the traditional method of brewing and that are actually effective.

Benderzzz

Awards
i cant find any but maybe someone here knows
bump

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i watching this bad boy...

f'in FDA

rogermoore

Awards
How about the european brands that are available in Europe ? I don`t think that FDA has control over them ? Britain would be a good place to look for webshops that sell health supplements.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I didn't think this had happened yet. Thought it was still in the planning/talking stages at the FDA. Anyone know of documentation that shows this has been done?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Interesting.
Other companies sell red yeast rice products but most of them use a different strain of yeast or different growing conditions, resulting in RYR with a negligible statin content.
This tells me there are still sources that do contain lovastatin. I'll have to do some research.

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
This tells me there are still sources that do contain lovastatin. I'll have to do some research.
Yes, keep us all informed thats exactly what I wondered, I'll keep my eyes open too.