How much caffeine do YOU take?

How many mg of caffeine do YOU take daily?

• 0 mg

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • 200-400 mg

Votes: 52 49.1%
  • 400-600 mg

Votes: 32 30.2%
  • 700+ mg

Votes: 13 12.3%

• Total voters

gotDOMS

-how many mg of caffeine do you take per day, and how many mg did you start out with and have you had to increase the mg over time?

-Have you noticed any negative effects? (adrenal fatigue, depression, anxiety)

-What are ways to prevent caffeine's negative effects, or are there good healthier substitutes that give you the same feeling as caffeine minus the side effects?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Here below was one of my old entries for White Flood.Hope it helps. Drive gives you the effects of caffeine without the sides such as increased heart rate and such. Never a fan of working out then coming home to have your heart racing like a madman for hours. Drive, you dont feel it at all unless your at the gym. Beta alinine and CM can be a good replacement for caffeine as well. There many things to help you in terms of strength. If your looking for a good quick pick me up booster though, thats what caffeine is for otherwise there other things out there that are much better in my opinion.

Thoughts
Well today will be my last day of White Flood and Green Mag for a month. Today I thought I would try something new. I mixed in 3 scoops of White Flood rather than the usual 2. I realized that I built a tolerance to stims and I dont really feel the energy. Mixing the 3 scoops of White Flood was NOT a good idea. During my workout I felt extremely dehydrated as hell. I was drinking and drinking all the water I could possibly get my hands on yet it only seemed to make me thirstier. I sweated like crazy and felt really hot. It's something you don't want to try. As for feeling the stim I didn't feel it today either. It seems that Im all burned out on stims. Although my timing for the blood test couldnt get any worst, I will think positive and use it as a way to experiment. I will see if I begin to feel stims agian a month after cycling it off.

Agian taking 3 scoops of White Flood is not a good idea. I felt pumped yes, but it felt like blood was rushing through me at the speed of light. I felt some twitching going on within my veins. It was sorta scary. Endurance was good, Strength was good but the feeling is sorta scary. I dont recommend you guys overdose on stims. Agian this is just an example higher dosages of stims does NOT mean you will feel it. In fact I didnt feel the stim but I felt everything else. So in conclusion don't overdo the stims. White Flood is a strong pre workout supplement as it is. Remember guys more is not always better. Keep that in mind. Ill keep you guys posted. I begin my supplement free part of this log tomorrow.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i drink a ton of coffee a day!!!!!!

gotDOMS

Here below was one of my old entries for White Flood.Hope it helps. Drive gives you the effects of caffeine without the sides such as increased heart rate and such. Never a fan of working out then coming home to have your heart racing like a madman for hours. Drive, you dont feel it at all unless your at the gym. Beta alinine and CM can be a good replacement for caffeine as well. There many things to help you in terms of strength. If your looking for a good quick pick me up booster though, thats what caffeine is for otherwise there other things out there that are much better in my opinion.

Thoughts
Well today will be my last day of White Flood and Green Mag for a month. Today I thought I would try something new. I mixed in 3 scoops of White Flood rather than the usual 2. I realized that I built a tolerance to stims and I dont really feel the energy. Mixing the 3 scoops of White Flood was NOT a good idea. During my workout I felt extremely dehydrated as hell. I was drinking and drinking all the water I could possibly get my hands on yet it only seemed to make me thirstier. I sweated like crazy and felt really hot. It's something you don't want to try. As for feeling the stim I didn't feel it today either. It seems that Im all burned out on stims. Although my timing for the blood test couldnt get any worst, I will think positive and use it as a way to experiment. I will see if I begin to feel stims agian a month after cycling it off.

Agian taking 3 scoops of White Flood is not a good idea. I felt pumped yes, but it felt like blood was rushing through me at the speed of light. I felt some twitching going on within my veins. It was sorta scary. Endurance was good, Strength was good but the feeling is sorta scary. I dont recommend you guys overdose on stims. Agian this is just an example higher dosages of stims does NOT mean you will feel it. In fact I didnt feel the stim but I felt everything else. So in conclusion don't overdo the stims. White Flood is a strong pre workout supplement as it is. Remember guys more is not always better. Keep that in mind. Ill keep you guys posted. I begin my supplement free part of this log tomorrow.
yeah ive been using white flood and im loving it
i used 2 take up 200-400mg of caffeine but after awhile it started not having much of an effect so i now take 2 scoops of white flood along with 400mg of caffeine from caffeine pills. So far it feels great and ive spread it throughout the day but i know i will have to bump up the dosage eventually and i will probably face adrenal fatigue. Im looking for a good alternative to caffeine as well. Any other stims that you guys know of? if nething ill order some reset AD

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
When you work full time and go to school caffeine becomes your best friend. I dont think theres very many things you can do to counteract side effects of caffeine you just have to stop taking it for a while. For me is next to impossible to stop taking in caffeine and other stims. One supplement thats awesome for adrenal fatigue is Palo Alto Labs Reset AD after a bottle of that stims had a lot greater effect on me. It was close to the feeling when i first started taking in a lot of stims a long a$$ time ago.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Reset A.D. :thumbsup: My adrenals haven't been the same since!

nelix

Awards
  • Established
3 scoops of white flood causes my lower eyelid to twitch. (not even 8 nodoze {high school} did this to me)

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
relacore helped me with the anxiety nervousness that i would get from the eca stack. I guess it would probalby work for caffiene alone. the relacore eca stack is awesome ,but you end up with so much pure energy that it is hard to concentrate. I would take it at work and get frustrated if i had to stay on a problem for more than twenty minutes i just wanted to keep moving

oh yeah i am at about 600 mg a day not including a couple of pepsi maxes a day

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I take 200mg tablets on Friday and Saturday night. Otherwise I'll fall asleep at 8pm and my girl gets pissed :rofl:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I drink tons of caffeine a day...but usually around 650mg. I increased dosage steadily over time, but since I found Reset AD I find that I don't NEED that much caffeine, it's just fun to tweak out and get a whole lot of work done.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
reset ad ftw!

most of mine comes from coffee and or tea. but i generally get at least 300-400mg in preworkout stims too :D

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
I've found that since taking reset ad, my preworkout stims at 5 am carry me through a 12 hour day at work. Pretty insane!

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
...I find that I don't NEED that much caffeine, it's just fun to tweak out and get a whole lot of work done.
werd

I'll f*ck some sh!t up on some caffeine.

:bruce1:

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I'd say 500 to 750mgs a day. some in my preworkout and afternoon starbucks to keep me alive. Too much and I turn into Tyrone Biggums.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is why I try to avoid it as much as possible. I'm a caffeine junky when I use it too often. I was useing up to 1gr a day a few years ago!!!

I have switched to decaf coffee (stil enjoy regular from time to time) and only take whats in my pre-workout drink. I'm looking into MST's pre-workout Ragnarok(sp?) because it has a nice profile and it comes caffeine free.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
I think 400-600, but with all the proprietary blends out there now, I'm really not sure.

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The only caffeine I get is from the Diet Soda's that I drink.

I try to limit my intake to 2 or 3 cans per day.

-Spaz

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I drink about 5 doubles(170mg)... Two or three diet cokes (40mg) and a few caps of adrenaline(100mg) most days I will consume over a gram of caffeine.

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
started out on just regular soft drinks. then added energy drinks. then Jet Alert twice a day.

Between those things, and about 5 cups of tea a day, I was easily on a gram a day when I had the most.

Now I am ramping down, back to just drinks again so I can be ready for next time.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Apart from a twitch in green tea and a sprinkle of chocamine, pretty much zero.

I used to use a lot of stims/caffeine, but have since ceased. Reset AD was definitely a big help, gone through a few bottles of it. I also make sure I get enough sleep and try not to stress out too much, so that when I wake up I am refreshed and ready to start the day, and not have to rely on things to get me going.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I draw the line at 200mg-250mg preWO, I used to do up to 600mg/day and I would get massive nosebleeds from high blood pressure

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Depends on the day.. usualy have 2 scoops of white flood.. then I have some goodies with caffeine in it and maybe a energy drink on some days or just 4 scoop white flood. With school, lifting, wrestling and homework.. just gotta love caffeine but still got to be careful.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never above 400mg at one time. Never above 800mg throughout the entire day.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Non WO days I probably take in about 300, WO days probably 450-500 , no sides, no tolerance.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just bought some reset ad after reading this thread. I didn't even know such a product exsited and it's EXACTLY what I needed. I adapt to caffeine TOO quickly.

This is a helpful site :drunk:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just bought some reset ad after reading this thread. I didn't even know such a product exsited and it's EXACTLY what I needed. I adapt to caffeine TOO quickly.

This is a helpful site :drunk:
You will LOVE Reset...GREAT product.

You attend CSUF? I grew up in Lake Forest, so I know the area well.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I know I've taken upwards of a gram on workout days.

I'd say non-WO days is probably 400 to 600 mgs. Normal workout days is 200 more (pre-WO).

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know I've taken upwards of a gram on workout days.

I'd say non-WO days is probably 400 to 600 mgs. Normal workout days is 200 more (pre-WO).
A gram?

How many days did that keep the tweak?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do that much most days. 400-700mg preworkout, plus coffee thru the day

metalman302

metalman302

Awards
One or two energy drinks, several cups of tea, and NO xplode and or VPX Redline.

I really need to ween myself off this ****. We're making these damn energy drink companies rich.

I barely even feel .5ml of Redline anymore. Strange how I barely feel 2 scoops NO Xplode either but it will make it hard to fall asleep, but after redline I can fall alseep fine an hour later.

No sides besides feeling slightly more tired without it. I think I'll give reset AD a shot.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yeah, Kines major. One of my professor's does independent research for supplement companies, so we talk supps, pre-post exercise effects of particular supps all the time. He lead a research team that did a study on post exercise leucine supplementation waaaaay before it became mainstream knowledge.

Funny story, his independent research team was hired to do a study on a Muscletech supp and he had to report "no positive findings with supplementation of this product." He won't say which one, but I thought that was hilarious.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Reset AD just came in today. I LOVE the idea behind it. Looking forward to it BIG TIME!

RoidGracie

Zero caffeine. Linked caffeine to many health issues I was having. Was having blurry vision, anxiety, unable to fall asleep, terrible attitude, pressure in head, all stopped when I quit caffeine. Found that I'm either caffeine allergic or extremely sensitive. You may be fine for years, but after chronic use it may very well bite you in the azz as you get older. Read the book Caffeine Blues and it pretty much put the nail in the coffin for ANY caffeine. No good comes from caffeine use, you may think you're getting a benefit, but it's like any other drug. I'd say I was light to moderate user, 4-5 cups of black tea a day but found I could no longer even have 1 cup without side effects. I would definitely not take caffeine for performance enhancement nor would I ever take a supplement with caffeine.

Good luck. :whiner:

RoidGracie

Now in the news, the link to caffeine and miscarriages....that should tell you to stay away. I don't want to have a miscarriage.

BifWebster

Awards
I could barely function for the first few hours of the day without it lately, I'm also looking forward to trying reset AD, i donno why i havent already

Eject

Eject

Awards
i take too much... <3 caffeine and Taurine

I mix it into my protein even.. (coffee) love the taste

washingtonirvin

Awards
-how many mg of caffeine do you take per day, and how many mg did you start out with and have you had to increase the mg over time?

150-400 ... I think I can handle 150 without developing too much tolerance, but it becomes an issue after that.

Again, these kick in at higher doses for me.

-What are ways to prevent caffeine's negative effects, or are there good healthier substitutes that give you the same feeling as caffeine minus the side effects?

My first thought is to avoid these by taking breaks. Right now, I am taking a break from all caffeine. Apparently, it takes five days for for "the number of adenosine receptors in the brain to revert to 'normal' levels, uninfluenced by caffeine consumption".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine
So I will stay off caffeine for five days before resuming at the low end of the spectrum (150-250mg/day), taking weekends off and allowing for periodic breaks.

My second thought is that negative effects are always dose-dependent. In general, I think that many people experience sides from caffeine without realizing it (Ambien, anyone?), and relatively few take measures to deal with these rationally. Caffeine tends to lurk in foods that people know aren't so healthy, but are nonetheless enjoyable ... addictive, even. I had to increase my figures at the beginning of this post upon recalling that even Snapple contains some caffeine. So it is important not to overdo the caffeine without realizing it. Less is more.

My third thought is that coffee makes me way more irritable than tea. Caffeine is not the only psychoactive compound in coffee; the others may increase its stimulant effect, but also the concomitant sides. But tea evens things out by containing theanine, an amino acid that reduces stress.

Lastly, Reset AD sounds awesome. I am buying some tonight. :djparty:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
once in a great while, maybe 1 a month, ill take 200mg preWO.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
i usually take 600mgs in the morning with my breakfast and another 400mgs pre-wo with a hefty dose of niacin...and only 200 after workouts....

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
i take 150-200mg preworkout only. So I get regular days off and only one dose on those days so i don't build much of a tolerance or have withdrawl on off days. When i used caffine every day, if i went without those were tough days. I really like what i'm doing now. It works out to:
2on - 1off - 2on - 2off @ 150mg preworkout only.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i take 150-200mg preworkout only. So I get regular days off and only one dose on those days so i don't build much of a tolerance or have withdrawl on off days. When i used caffine every day, if i went without those were tough days. I really like what i'm doing now. It works out to:
2on - 1off - 2on - 2off @ 150mg preworkout only.
Not a bad idea to do this with products like NO Xplode and SP250 as well. I have personally found that you can stay on these products longer, and benefit from them as well. Although now I have switched over to Cold Fusion EX and have to say I am enjoying it more than the latter. It is like...the stim effect is only there if you need it or sometihng. IDK it is hard to explain. Try it for yourself IMO. Not to mention there is no caffeine in it.

4CraveEnergyD

4CraveEnergyD

Awards
Surely this wouldn't be good for the kidneys?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not a bad idea to do this with products like NO Xplode and SP250 as well. I have personally found that you can stay on these products longer, and benefit from them as well. Although now I have switched over to Cold Fusion EX and have to say I am enjoying it more than the latter. It is like...the stim effect is only there if you need it or sometihng. IDK it is hard to explain. Try it for yourself IMO. Not to mention there is no caffeine in it.

WTF are you talking about?

Lipolytic Complex:

L-Tyrosine, N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine, Caffeine, DL-Phenylalanine, Rhodolia Salidroside

Cold Fusion Explosion (800 gm) By: Legal Gear

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Apart from a twitch in green tea and a sprinkle of chocamine, pretty much zero.

I used to use a lot of stims/caffeine, but have since ceased. Reset AD was definitely a big help, gone through a few bottles of it. I also make sure I get enough sleep and try not to stress out too much, so that when I wake up I am refreshed and ready to start the day, and not have to rely on things to get me going.
Smart.

I use about 150-300mg.'s per day. I find that too much makes me nervous, so I only use small amounts. RPM is a great pre-workout supp because it gives no caffeine type buzz, theres like 50mg.'s per pill. Some days I pop a Basic Cuts upon waking, just one though.

warvictim

warvictim

Banned
Awards

I buy Bustelo Coffee which is a cuban coffee, it's pretty good, one of the best coffees that u can get in supermarkets. And it's real dark, like espresso. Even though Nietzsche said that coffee obfuscates the brain, i gotta have my morning and afternoons coffee to increase motivation and stimulus

warvictim