when to workout

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.69%

when to workout

..... need some help on when would be the best time for me to workout and what supplements can i take to help lean out but bulk at the same time...... i currently work sunday thru thursday 10 pm to 7 am..... get home sleep wake up for class at 1pm go to class till 530 and workout an hour before i go to work ..... at work i get really tired, could it be due to the workout before work ....... and would working out be better to do in the morning when i get out of work?????? please all info would be appreciated

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mjaguilar10 View Post
    ..... need some help on when would be the best time for me to workout and what supplements can i take to help lean out but bulk at the same time...... i currently work sunday thru thursday 10 pm to 7 am..... get home sleep wake up for class at 1pm go to class till 530 and workout an hour before i go to work ..... at work i get really tired, could it be due to the workout before work ....... and would working out be better to do in the morning when i get out of work?????? please all info would be appreciated
    Wow, I thought I was busy, damn. I don't think you could do it any other way. Getting your heart rate up after work or class might be detrimental to your sleep pattern, presuming that you come home from work, sleep, get up for class, get home, nap, then get your wo in and go to work. That seems like your only option. During school semesters, I only work out 4 days/week back/chest/shoulders/legs, and fit arms and abs in whenever I feel up to it. Maybe you should consider working out hard on your days off of work, and doing the smaller muscle groups (shoulders, arms, calfs, abs ect) on the days you work, and saving the larger groups for your days off from work. This would give you more off days during your work week. Hope this makes sense.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.5%

talk about pressed for time. i work a 8 pm to 6 am shift every second week and i know i'm way to bagged after shift to even dream about getting a productive workout in. i'm not sure how you are after yours but i couldn't do it. the only suggestion i could give is maybe shortening up your gym time. i was pressed for time in the gym about a year ago and started more of a circuit workout and then hitting the major muscles with an extra workout on the weekend. i followed this schedule for about 6 mths randomly switching up the odd excercise. i would do mon- chest/back, tues-bi's/tri's, wed-cardio, thurs-shoulders/forearms, fri-legs, sat-chest/back or arms alternating weekends followed with cardio and took sundays off. i would do 3 different excercises for each muscle group and 3 sets of each exercise. i would usually end up with 6-8 different exercises to do each day. i would then do a mixture of supersetting and alternating muscle groups(say doing a set presses followed by rows without taking a rest between). another example was flat , decline, incline bench presses 10 reps of each exercise no rest. rest a minute and do a total of 3 sets. mainly dropped a little weight on each exercise and did things with little or no rest between sets and throwing in an ab workout inbetween sets to break it up and i could fit my workout in anywhere from 25-40 minutes and still feel like i got a good workout. anyway hope this helps maybe give you a little extra time to nap in that hectic schedule. peace
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.32%

Phew. You are going to be tired no matter what you do.

Realistically, you are working out at the best time already.

I'm tempted to recommend a 2 day week high intesity program. Google "hardgainer" for more info. My concern is that you not be getting enough rest to make the plan work, and also you would not be pushing yourself hard enough each time you went into the gym due to general tiredness. Look it up and decide for yourself.

For supplements, look into Reset AD by Palo Alto. I have a feeling you are using stimulants in one form or another to get through this. Drive/RPM might be good to ramp you up, and Powerfull might help you get better quality of sleep.

I am also a person who pushes himself way to hard at points. This won't be easy, but it can be done.

Good Luck, your going to need it.

DB2000

Similar Forum Threads

1. when to workout
    By mjaguilar10 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 10:18 AM
  2. When to workout?
    By Smokey3957 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 02:23 PM
  3. when to start post cycle if you are using 4ad cyp?
    By goes4ever in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:12 PM
  4. when to come off
    By jjordan in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 10:24 PM
  5. When to start
    By DreamWeaver in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-13-2002, 12:31 PM