Carbonation and Protien

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
This is something I've been thinking about, and I'm not going to be surprised if my thinking is way off in left field, but it has to do with Carbonation and the speed at which protein is taken in.

I know that carbonation causes alcohol to be absorbed much faster. This is why champange is a celebration beverage because it is highly carbonated. It gets people tipsy very quickly, but then fades to a dull headache in no time.

My question is; since it seems that proteins and amino acids cause the most synthasis post work out when absorbed quickly (which is why Hydrolysate is great), could a company made a beverage with a hydrolysed whey (maybe something like Actinase which is medical grade protien which has virtually no texture) and mix it with a carbonated beverage to make it hit you even faster?

On a practical level for me (since I obviously can't make such a product) might it be advantageous to mix my BCAAs and leucine (and possibly other aminos) with soda water for post workout? Or is the process of alcohol hitting the blood straem completely different from amino acids.

DB2000

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Charles poliquin claims carbonation is the main reason most people have a negative nitrogen retention balance... Thats all I remember though but I am sure someone here knows more about why

krogtaar

Awards
i think consuming acidic stuff is bad for muscle recovery...and there is some biochem process that uses amino acids (glutamine i think) to convert to urea that gets rid of acid in your body

if it really worries you...drink your bcaa/protein 5 minutes before the end of your workout

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
i think consuming acidic stuff is bad for muscle recovery...and there is some biochem process that uses amino acids (glutamine i think) to convert to urea that gets rid of acid in your body

if it really worries you...drink your bcaa/protein 5 minutes before the end of your workout
I don't think taking it 5 minutes earlier would help, as my point is that protiens that absorb faster incure more muscle synthasis.

But I do apprieciate the info you gave. Like I said, I'm not going to be surprised if I'm totally wrong about this. If I wasn't, I'm sure some company would have jumped all over it already.