Chocolate peanut butter flavor

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
What the best tasting, easiest to mix, chocolate peanut butter either whey or low carb meal replacement

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Just mix a bunch of peanut butter and cocoa into your whey...
Ultra Peptide 2 is supposed to be pretty tight too

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What the best tasting, easiest to mix, chocolate peanut butter either whey or low carb meal replacement
Feedback on Ultra Peptide 2.0 Chocolate Peanut Butter is very positive so far.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Just mix a bunch of peanut butter and cocoa into your whey...
Ultra Peptide 2 is supposed to be pretty tight too
I think he's looking for something with low carbs, so peatnut butter is out.

I've tried a couple of really good Canadian brands (PVL is probobly the tastiest, along with isoflex), but not to many American brands.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Feedback on Ultra Peptide 2.0 Chocolate Peanut Butter is very positive so far.

I've been thinking about the Cookies & Creme flavor, but I don't want HFCS or COOKIES for that matter in my protein!. Does the cookies and creme flavor actually have cookies in it?. I may get the Chocolate Peanut Butter instead.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried mine yet, but I'd be willing to bet you can't go wrong either way.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
I've been thinking about the Cookies & Creme flavor, but I don't want HFCS or COOKIES for that matter in my protein!. Does the cookies and creme flavor actually have cookies in it?. I may get the Chocolate Peanut Butter instead.
are you serious? thats ridiculous to obsess over something so minor. at most, you'll be getting 2-3g HFCS or carbs coming from cookie pieces. i swear, bodybuilding can be a disease because i used to think similarly, and it made me unhappy. IT WONT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
The amount of HFCS in a serving is somewhere near .1 gram...seriously. Don't obsess.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Naturally I'm going to say Chocolate Peanut Butter Ultra Peptide 2.0... does it have no carbs, no. Is it low carb, yes. What little sugar it contains can easily be cleared with some ALA. Furthermore, you'd be hard pressed to tell tha difference in flavor using one scoop of 2.0 and adding one scoop of our original. In fact, that's typically what I do making product last longer. It also helps to yield a slightly better nutritional profile IMO.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I think Verner Mentioned Beverly International's Ultimate Muscle Protein to be good in this flavor. I LOVE the vanilla of that line......

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I guess it depends on how you define low carb, but there are about 6grams of CHO/serving, 2 of which are fiber.
I looking at Peter pan brand, and it's got 14g with 2 being fiber. Serving size is a Tablespoon. I'd blame it on the brand but theres only 4g of sugar. Hmmmmm..... is your serving size 1/2 a tablespoon?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh, my bad, when I refer to peanut butter, I'm almost always talking about natural, sugar-free peanut butter.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
are you serious? thats ridiculous to obsess over something so minor. at most, you'll be getting 2-3g HFCS or carbs coming from cookie pieces. i swear, bodybuilding can be a disease because i used to think similarly, and it made me unhappy. IT WONT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

I am far from a bodybuilder. I just try to avoid things with HFCS. I also read every almost every label before I eat something. Things I watch for are HFCS, and Trans-fat content, and if the product has a lot of chemicals in it I usually will turn my nose away and hit the bowel with my snout and go take a dump in the front yard. Seriously though, if I am gonna eat crap once in a while I do. When its something like protein though, I don't know I just don't think it should have cookies in it. Seems counter-productive somehow. On the other hand some doctors do believe I have OCD.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I truly love the muscle milke lite chocolate peanut butter flavor, its a staple in my house

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
gosh...thank u for posting this. We tend to get caught up in this type of stuff. You are merly splitting hairs at this point.

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
I think Verner Mentioned Beverly International's Ultimate Muscle Protein to be good in this flavor. I LOVE the vanilla of that line......
Actually, it was the ultra peptide 2.0 I was talking about. I can't explain how surprised I was at the choc pb.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Actually, it was the ultra peptide 2.0 I was talking about. I can't explain how surprised I was at the choc pb.
They are all pretty awesome IMO. You guys were tha first to reorder stock, so kudos! :)

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
They are all pretty awesome IMO. You guys were tha first to reorder stock, so kudos! :)
Wanna throw a cookies and cream, and bananna, my way? :) Btw, how is the fund raising going Jordan? Your an inspiration. Keep up the GREAT work !

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
I really loved the AI peanut butter / chocolate ISO flavor, are they out of the protein business ?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I believe Crowler said that yes, they are out of the protein business after the spike in prices.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
yeah, the price increase also contributed to DS's decision to discontinue Sustain. IMO, that was the best tasting powder known to man! it even topped all the meal replacements that use fats and/or carbs to enhance taste.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Wanna throw a cookies and cream, and bananna, my way? :) Btw, how is the fund raising going Jordan? Your an inspiration. Keep up the GREAT work !
Not too bad, thanks for asking. Thus far I've been able to submit a check for $600. I'd be ecstatic if I could eventually double that figure.

It makes me proud to hear/see people like Lee Priest and Layne Norton care enough to wear them on a regular basis.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not too bad, thanks for asking. Thus far I've been able to submit a check for $600. I'd be ecstatic if I could eventually double that figure.

It makes me proud to hear/see people like Lee Priest and Layne Norton care enough to wear them on a regular basis.
I saw that Lee Priest thing in one of the mags a while back. That's really awesome! I picked one up with my last BSL order the other day, too.

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
anyone know where i can get some samples of choc peanut butter protein????????/

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
isnt it really just a smaller serving size of orginal muscle milk
no, its got a much lower amount of fat.

Regular muscle milk
Servings Per Container 15
Calories 350.00
Calories from Fat 150.00
Total Fat 17.00 g 26%
Saturated Fat 7.00 g
Cholesterol 5.00 mg 2%
Sodium 270.00 mg 11%
Total Carbohydrate 17.00 g 6%
Dietary Fiber 2.00 g 8%
Sugars 7.00 g
Protein 34.00 g 68%

light
Servings Per Container 15
Calories 195.00
Calories from Fat 50.00
Total Fat 6.00 g 9%
Saturated Fat 2.50 g
Cholesterol 5.00 mg 2%
Sodium 115.00 mg 5%
Potassium 620.00 mg 18%
Total Carbohydrate 11.00 g 4%
Dietary Fiber 1.00 g 4%
Sugars 2.00 g
Protein 25.00 g 50%

So in regular 1/3 of cals are from fat, in light 25%. The ratio of carbs to protein is about the same tho, still only 2g are from sugars, so not too bad

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I saw that Lee Priest thing in one of the mags a while back. That's really awesome! I picked one up with my last BSL order the other day, too.
Way to support. :)

You can also see Layne wearing his band in Layne's "Inside the Life" video series.