IDS Supplements

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
What is wrong with IDS? Seems like everytime someone post something about IDS, a few people talk trash or rag the company without anything to back it up.

I use a couple IDS products and I think their Whey Isolate is the best around, I even know a couple national level guys who use it.

Is there something bad about this company that I don't know?

Thanks....

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
I can't post the link but aside from the company just being REALLY shady(mainly with their prohormones) none of their prods meet label claims. I used their Waximaize, and it was pretty much flavored baking flour, messiest supplement I've ever used!

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't matter anyway, after this months issue of ESPN magazine, they will probly be shutdown anyway

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Lol: All natural Mass Tabs.

That's all I gotta say.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I can't post the link but aside from the company just being REALLY shady(mainly with their prohormones) none of their prods meet label claims. I used their Waximaize, and it was pretty much flavored baking flour, messiest supplement I've ever used!
I actually don't mind the taste of their Waxy Maze, but by god you're right about it being the messiest supplement out there. Masstabs alone is a good enough reason not to trust the company.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
waxy maize is always messy. I think they generally got that rep from there sostenol250, mass tabs, bulk tabs, ripped tabs, post cycle tabs etc. They are irresponsible to consumers for even making products that are that harmful

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
ESPN did some type of sting op on IDS where they set up a fake supp website in order to get a bunch of info on there products, and basically printed an article calling out the company and how they are selling designer steroids as supplements

I think they made reference and compared it to the BALCO scandel

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
ESPN the mag...

Europa Sports Products is a familiar name in the supplements world. The Charlotte, N.C., wholesaler sponsors exhibits at bodybuilding shows like the Arnold Classic and stocks shelves in Gold's Gyms and GNC stores nationwide. But as a recent investigation by The Magazine found, it also keeps online pharmacies well-supplied with designer steroids.

Acting on a tip, we posed as the founders of a new supplements company -- creating the website ProGymGear.com to back our ruse -- to see exactly what Europa offers. When we informed a sales rep by e-mail that we were "targeting the hard-core gym customer," he didn't ask for a business license -- or any other ID, for that matter. He went right into a pitch for Bulk Tabs, a product of Florida's IDS Sports. Explaining that the supplement is "highly androgenic," he wrote that it is made from "real-deal ingredients" and, with regard to drug tests, that it would "come out false."

We paid $1,000 for four boxes of Bulk Tabs and two other IDS offerings: Mass Tabs and Sostonol. When we asked for something "similar to Superdrol," a drug whose sale the FDA prohibited in 2006, the rep suggested AnEvol, by Evolution Labs of Florida. "It is [the] identical formula to Superdrol," he wrote. "People are going to go ape s over this."

The package arrived by regular mail to a post office box we'd set up, and we promptly sent off samples to Aegis Sciences, a Nashville lab that does the drug testing for the WWE. In a standard analysis for 11 known steroid compounds, everything tested negative.

Was the stuff really drug-free or just able to fool a test, as advertised? That was a question for Don Catlin, the head of LA's Anti-Doping Research Institute. Catlin's deeper analysis showed that one of Sostonol's many-lettered ingredients is chemical code for Madol, a powerful designer steroid originally developed by BALCO chemist Patrick Arnold. Another, Oral Turinabol, was a favorite of the old East German machine. "This wasn't done by someone with a high school degree," Catlin concluded. "Whoever made it knew what he was doing." An industry source to whom the label was shown went even further: "No one is making this stuff in the U.S. The only place you can get it is China."

In fact, the owner of IDS, Nicol Worrell, did acknowledge in a phone interview that some of his ingredients come from China. But when asked specifically about Sostonol, he retreated, calling it "a small part of our business," before deferring to the manufacturing plant he claimed to contract with. "They handle all of our ingredients," he said.

Europa's salesman was as good as his word about AnEvol, though. Catlin found it to be directly related to Superdrol and to contain the prohibited synthetic steroid methasterone. A letter from us asking for comment -- sent by FedEx -- to the manufacturer's address on the box went unreturned.

Eric Hillman, Europa's CEO, didn't return a message seeking comment about our findings either. But he might be happy to know his reps are on top of things. Our contact continues to e-mail us about placing our next order.

-- Shaun Assael

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
also from testing i saw their whey isolate has 15g of sugar and 9g of protein....not to good compared to the label

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
IDS jams all sorts of different DS in to one pill - this is scary and In my Opinion sheds a negative light on the supplement industry. There are a few teenagers at my gym that recently started taking Mass Tabs and are gloating about it. They're only 16 or 17! And of course they know it all - so you cannot tell them anything. When I told them about the dangers they said they had it covered - Because they are going to take 90 days off before taking them again - WTF!?!

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
it took me nearly 8 months to sell a box of mass tabs in my store lol i never push crap...

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
it took me nearly 8 months to sell a box of mass tabs in my store lol i never push crap...
I give you props. I hate shady sales people in supplement stores. GNC being one of them, they don't know jack, they try to sell you jack, for a jacked up price. Where's your store btw? Im just wondering.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think after that article in ESPN, you won't be seeing IDS around much longer

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I think after that article in ESPN, you won't be seeing IDS around much longer
when can I expect them to go out of business? Would it happen to be before the 29th of this month? bb.com is trying to load off all the mass tabs they have.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
who knows really, but whatever stock bb.com has they have, so it wouldnt matter

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm at $15 i'd buy some. they are out of stock right now tho

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
Wow thanks for all the info guys, guess I won't be reordering that IDS whey....

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
I give you props. I hate shady sales people in supplement stores. GNC being one of them, they don't know jack, they try to sell you jack, for a jacked up price. Where's your store btw? Im just wondering.
i am located in AZ, thank you for the props i prefer to sell things clean and sell it to the guy that does his research

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup:

why couldn't you be located in NYC :lol:
I agree, would be nice to see a top notch store around nyc. Hate going around in Vitashoppe for a protein bar and get sales pitched at me as I am being ringed up.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my local vitamin shoppe they leave me alone, which is nice. the gnc's are still vulture filled

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I agree, would be nice to see a top notch store around nyc. Hate going around in Vitashoppe for a protein bar and get sales pitched at me as I am being ringed up.
totally. I would prefer mom and pop type supplement stores around NYC. Too many retailers around. I have yet to see a single supplement store that wont harass you when your just trying to do you business and go.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
my local vitamin shoppe they leave me alone, which is nice. the gnc's are still vulture filled
i go into these stores and ask them ass loads of questions and then tell them they are stupid...and leave

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I basically only go in to buy RTDs or if I am desparate. I use the vitamin shoppe for the protein puddings :)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i go into these stores and ask them ass loads of questions and then tell them they are stupid...and leave
:lol: that gives me a good idea. The GNC I go to harasses me to buy more stuff but they give me a pretty neat discount. Altho still doesnt compare to nutraplanet of course.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
i match nutraplanet to anyone who asks, thank god not many people know....i would go out of business...lol

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i match nutraplanet to anyone who asks, thank god not many people know....i would go out of business...lol
:lol: so you have a match the price deal going on at the store or is it just when someone mentions nutraplanet? It is a cool deal for a store to match certian prices. :study:

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i match any price period
keeps people happy
haha that kinda business keeps people happy for sure. Best of luck with your store. It's pretty awesome that a supplement store (mom and pop kind) offers price matching. Your one lucky dude for having a supplement store at your disposal. :lol:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
The vitamin shoppe I go to they kinda bother me, but not like GNC. When you go to these places you have to make sure you do your homework on what's out there. Last time I went to vitamin shoppe they tried to pitch to me to buy the whole damn thing of NO Shotgun and I said 'no' hence the sample.

In my opinion, these sales reps are just as shltty as used car salesmen. They don't give a fcuk about you, just your money.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually likeing the look of this new IDS preworkout mix-

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Doesn't look bad...except they spelled leucine wrong. :D

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I love when they refer to designers as "test boosters". How f*cking irresponsible?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I saw Evol's product OmniVOL or Sustevol, something like that with the 3 blend methyls totaling 80mg which is there to give your liver nice and chunky scar tissue.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
yea but evol labs stuff beyond their prohormones is pretty damn good.
i got kids that ask me if i carry it and they wanna buy it cuz the boxes "look cool"

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
I'm under the impression that Evo and IDS are the same company(shell companies). Along with some others like Webber.
evo labs is seperate. he was one of the owners of IDS but there was a fall out and he left and created his own company hence EVO labs

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
yea but evol labs stuff beyond their prohormones is pretty damn good.
i got kids that ask me if i carry it and they wanna buy it cuz the boxes "look cool"

Cool boxes are known to create an anabolic effect.