Tips for capping small dosage [~150mg NA-R-ALA]???

Goffio69

Awards
Hello,
I've ordered a capsule machine (from CapsuleConnection dot com ), the model is for the "00" caps.
I'm gonna use it for capping ALCAR and NA-R-ALA.
After watching the demonstration video, it looks like it gonna be quite easy for the ALCAR but not for the NA-R-ALA cuz I need to cap only 150 mg.
The "00" caps can handle ~650mg and the machine enable you to make 24 caps with one batch.

I ask the question to the manufacturer and here is his answer:

The 00 size capsule holds about 650 mg. -- but that's not exact since different powders have different densities. You can only get close to 143 mg. of active ingredient if you mix with a filler such as milk or rice powder to make the total mixture 650 mg. per capsule. You will have to experiment until you get the right weight -- by weighing a capsule or capsules.
Do you guys have any others ideas or tips to have ~150mg per caps?
A solution could be to mix NA-R-ALA with ALCAR but I've been adviced to cap them separately. Any comments on this?
Thanx,

ps: I have this tools on the web for small amount but it's manual capping system and too slow
ProFill 100 - Capsule Filling Systemi

nelix

Awards
  • Established
1. Buy smaller caps
2. Mix the ALCAR and ALA in the same cap (MATHS WARNING!)

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Hello,
I've ordered a capsule machine (from CapsuleConnection dot com ), the model is for the "00" caps.
I'm gonna use it for capping ALCAR and NA-R-ALA.
After watching the demonstration video, it looks like it gonna be quite easy for the ALCAR but not for the NA-R-ALA cuz I need to cap only 150 mg.
The "00" caps can handle ~650mg and the machine enable you to make 24 caps with one batch.

I ask the question to the manufacturer and here is his answer:

A solution could be to mix NA-R-ALA with ALCAR but I've been adviced to cap them separately. Any comments on this?
Thanx,

ps: I have this tools on the web for small amount but it's manual capping system and too slow
ProFill 100 - Capsule Filling Systemi
Honestly, i was looking at capping some na-r-ala myself. But since the amount is so minimal, i would probably just get a tsp, and just dump it and swallow with water or juice. Just going to be too difficult to cap such a small amount, but im open to ideas.

thanks

**** now that i think about it....just cap your NA-R-ALA and tamp it really good, then just fill the rest up with something like Beta-alanine, or just bulk BCAA, or regular whey protein powder....just an idea.

gwgaston

Awards
The Cap M Quik units sold by NP and other sites are the way I went. 50 at a time and cheap enough. I cap "0" or "000" usually. IIRC, for NA-R-ALA I get 170mg in "0" size.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I second the idea of mixing it with something else and then capping and doing the math.

B-5 is a good filler, really fine dry crystals.

Mix the 150g of NA-RALA with about 350g of B5 (guessing that would be a good ratio).

Cap the entire 500g of mixture, then divide 150g by the total number of caps you made, probably be around 100, that will give you your amount of ALA per cap.

Goffio69

Awards

thanks

**** now that i think about it....just cap your NA-R-ALA and tamp it really good, then just fill the rest up with something like Beta-alanine, or just bulk BCAA, or regular whey protein powder....just an idea.
The problem is not to fill the rest of the caps but how to fill the right amount of na-r-ala...
I just want to find a way to spread correctly the powder into the 24 caps and having the same amount in each caps.
And as I'll use 00 caps, it looks like the best way to do that is to mix it with something else.

What's do you guys use for mixing powder? Just put all the powder into a shaker and shake it or do you use a food processor?
Is there a difference if I use ALCAR or protein powder (for the the second powder)?

For the calcul:
Number of caps:24
~amount per caps:650mg

Amount of na-r-ala per caps: 150 mg
Amount of alcar or protein per caps: 650-150 = 500mg
Total amount of na-r-ala : 24*150 = 3600mg
Total amount of alcar/prot : 500*24 = 75 000 mg

Total amount of powder: 3600+75000 = 78.6g

Am I right??

easymac

easymac

Awards
I would use creatine mono as a filler. Your math is good but everything has a different molecular weight so you cant just assume that 500mg of alcar and 150mg of n-rala is gonna fit into a 00 capsule. You will need to fill the 24 caps with alcar then weigh that. Then fill 24 caps with ala and weigh that. Then do your math from there.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Honestly the best way is to use 0 or smaller capsules, then you won't need filler.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Honestly the best way is to use 0 or smaller capsules, then you won't need filler.
The 0 caps will need a filler aswell, I get around 450mg in a 0 cap (with tamper). So he might just aswell stcik with his 00 caps.

Last time I did:

100 GR NA-R-Ala
60 GR Forslean
150 GR ECGC

Mix all together and put in 0 caps, comes out to about:

145 mg Na-R-Ala
85 mg Forslean
215 mg EGCG

------------

DO NOT MIX Alcar with NA-R-Ala. Also do not make TOO MANY caps of Alcar at once. If you leave em capped for like a month the caps start to "melt".. Apparently Alcar is somewhat agressive towards the vcaps (I used NOW brand caps).