Ephedrine & Thyroid problems

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I have a co worker that has a history of hyperthyroidism at a graves disease level.  He under went oral radiation treatment 2 years ago and he now believes he is in a state of hypothyroidism.  He has gained a significant amount of weight over the last two years.  I have been helping him get on a decent diet but he is discouraged about the results.  Normally I wouldn't recommend someone to just start taking an ECA but I believe if he starts to see results he will work harder at his exercise and diet.  My question is, is it dangerous for him to be taking an ECA with his past thyroid problems?  I have researched a bit on the web but most of the sites I have found basically talk about how dangerous ephedrine is period, and we know that isn't true.  Thanks in advance.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
N,
I personally don't think there would be just from the thyroid problem now if he has heart problems or hypertension, It would be a big fat NO. What you might want to do is have hime use of the products without ephedra to start and then if he doesn't have any results, then the true ECA.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Matthew D
N,
I personally don't think there would be just from the thyroid problem now if he has heart problems or hypertension, It would be a big fat NO. What you might want to do is have hime use of the products without ephedra to start and then if he doesn't have any results, then the true ECA.

That's what my thoughts were.  Just wanted some other people's opinions in case he drops dead =)

lovetoeat

Awards
I would be more concerned with him potentially having a under active thyroid, get him to the doc and have some tests done. It's tough enough losing weight with a normal thyroid.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by lovetoeat
I would be more concerned with him potentially having a under active thyroid, get him to the doc and have some tests done. It's tough enough losing weight with a normal thyroid.
I agree, however his medical insurance hasn't kicked in yet and the tests I guess are very expensive.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
NP, have you considered putting him on the Anarchy stack? I have been amazed at the stack's ability to shed body fat. Should be safe given his condition.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
I would advise him going to the doctor and getting his thyroid checked as well. He may be a candidate for t3.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
T4 more likely as they rarely ever prescribe T3. Definetly go see a doc because messin with your thyroid when he already has a history of prbs would be foolish.

If he wants some supps that will indirectly effect it, try some 7-keto and L-tyrosine. These help normalize thyroid functions withouth any stress associated with stimulants.

motleybreu

Awards
Re: Ephedrine & Thyroid problems

I have a co worker that has a history of hyperthyroidism at a graves disease level.  He under went oral radiation treatment 2 years ago and he now believes he is in a state of hypothyroidism.  He has gained a significant amount of weight over the last two years
Little off-topic but my mother has that. She lost a ton of weight from it.

bigbk

Awards
My understanding is 7 keto mimics the bodys DHEA, and increases metabolism, should be safe for everyone.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes its safe for women.