Best study stack wo stims

  1. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77391
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    16.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Best study stack wo stims


    According from personal experience, what would be the best study stack you've had for memory, concentration, gain of interest, and attention? I know coffee is a quick fix a lot of times, but I really want to lay off the stims as much as possible. I also don't want to get tired on the product, as some nootropics get me more tired, and does more harm than good.

    Thanks in advance. (PS I used the search function already lol)

  2. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774633
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I would suggest the use of some (or all) of the following in a stack:

    1) Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate (has an added molecule of arginine, making Acetyl-L-Carnitine considerably more potent than regular Carnitine; promotes the growth of neurites that enable communication among nerve cells in the brain; superior compound for optimal brain functioning)
    2) Proprionyl-L-Carnitine (rapidly penetrates into heart, endothelial and muscle cells; delivers optimal energy metabolism in the mitochondria; maintains endothelial-wall integrity; combats muscle fatigue by enhancing muscle energy stores of glycogen; superior heart protector)
    3) Phosphatidylserine (versatile compound in promoting brain health. Enhances availability of acetylcholine, reduces levels of the stress hormone cortisol, and supports the release of dopamine, an important neurotransmitter that promotes mood and movement coordination)
    4) Mucuna Pruriens (standardized for L-Dopa, for enhancing dopamine levels)
    5) GPC (glycerophosphocholine) (enhances acetylcholine synthesis and boosts memory function)
    6) Vinpocetine (promotes brain metabolism and blood flow; may provide relief for vascular dementia and ischemic stroke)
    7) Blueberries (inhibit memory impairment due to free radicals and beta-amyloid plaques in the brain)
    8) Grape seed extract (protects brain cells from the toxic impact of oxidative stress and beta amyloid)
    9) Pregnenolone (the most powerful memory enhancer known to science. Supports nerve cell growth in the brain’s memory center and supports the release of acetylcholine)
    10) Ashwagandha (delivers brain protection via stress relief)
    11) Ginkgo Biloba and Moega-3 Fatty Acids (deliver superior memory and cognition enhancement)

    This list is, of course, incomplete!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  3. Advanced Member
    bombBoogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    421
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    78.06%

    I have been using Clear Edge, it works pretty good. With the addition of a small dose of phenibut at night.
    And considering buying a tub of Focus XT.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    TOYFORDOLET's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    286
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    1.16%

    Focus XT is great, but it is a stim.
  5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852764
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Tyrosine seems to help me in addition to some of the above
  6. Advanced Member
    bombBoogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    421
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    78.06%

    Quote Originally Posted by TOYFORDOLET View Post
    Focus XT is great, but it is a stim.
    Yeah I know, but I meant it as I am considering buying it.
  7. New Member
    BeastMode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    200
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    38.32%

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I would suggest the use of some (or all) of the following in a stack:

    1) Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate (has an added molecule of arginine, making Acetyl-L-Carnitine considerably more potent than regular Carnitine; promotes the growth of neurites that enable communication among nerve cells in the brain; superior compound for optimal brain functioning)
    2) Proprionyl-L-Carnitine (rapidly penetrates into heart, endothelial and muscle cells; delivers optimal energy metabolism in the mitochondria; maintains endothelial-wall integrity; combats muscle fatigue by enhancing muscle energy stores of glycogen; superior heart protector)
    3) Phosphatidylserine (versatile compound in promoting brain health. Enhances availability of acetylcholine, reduces levels of the stress hormone cortisol, and supports the release of dopamine, an important neurotransmitter that promotes mood and movement coordination)
    4) Mucuna Pruriens (standardized for L-Dopa, for enhancing dopamine levels)
    5) GPC (glycerophosphocholine) (enhances acetylcholine synthesis and boosts memory function)
    6) Vinpocetine (promotes brain metabolism and blood flow; may provide relief for vascular dementia and ischemic stroke)
    7) Blueberries (inhibit memory impairment due to free radicals and beta-amyloid plaques in the brain)
    8) Grape seed extract (protects brain cells from the toxic impact of oxidative stress and beta amyloid)
    9) Pregnenolone (the most powerful memory enhancer known to science. Supports nerve cell growth in the brain’s memory center and supports the release of acetylcholine)
    10) Ashwagandha (delivers brain protection via stress relief)
    11) Ginkgo Biloba and Moega-3 Fatty Acids (deliver superior memory and cognition enhancement)

    This list is, of course, incomplete!
    Pretty much got it there... i would also throw in DHA in there too
  8. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77391
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    16.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Thanks a lot guys! I made myself a formula over at custom caps. I will let y'all know how it works!
  9. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774633
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Thanks a lot guys! I made myself a formula over at custom caps. I will let y'all know how it works!
    Hi John,
    Would you be gracious enough to reveal the formula? Or is it about to be protected? LOL.
    All the best, man!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  10. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77391
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    16.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I'd love to but I can't seem to find the exact formula in the site lol

    It had from what I remember:
    Preg:25mg
    Alcar 333 mg
    Ginko biloba
    Phosphadilserine
    Inositol
    Reservatrol

    I'll put the exact amounts when it's in!
  11. Banned
    matthew76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,671
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    28.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Your stack looks promising John - good luck with it!

    I always use Focus XT during mid-terms and finals - works well for me.
  12. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77391
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    16.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew76 View Post
    Your stack looks promising John - good luck with it!

    I always use Focus XT during mid-terms and finals - works well for me.
    Thanks, well, I just want to minimize stim usage, as it just seems to make me crash 10x more than the stim effect it gives me.

    Focus XT was very good, and I loved it when I was using stims. GO! was cool too.
  13. Professional Member
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2357
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    80.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Just ordered some FocusXT. Also Piracetam but thats more for my pre-test anxiety.
  14. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774633
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Just ordered some FocusXT. Also Piracetam but thats more for my pre-test anxiety.
    Piracetam is good. And potent. Another one that is more subtle in its mechanism, but just as potent is L-Theanine (an active in Green Tea). Actually a versatile compound, as it does a lot more than just calming-without-sedating-but-at-the-same-time-making-you-very-focused-and-sharp.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  15. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77391
    Level
    53
    Lv. Percent
    16.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Piracetam is good. And potent. Another one that is more subtle in its mechanism, but just as potent is L-Theanine (an active in Green Tea). Actually a versatile compound, as it does a lot more than just calming-without-sedating-but-at-the-same-time-making-you-very-focused-and-sharp.
    I noticed that pheni does quite the job when it comes to calming down.
  16. Professional Member
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2357
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    80.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    I noticed that pheni does quite the job when it comes to calming down.
    Yea alot of people like that.
  17. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774633
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Yea alot of people like that.
    Agree. It's just that I sometimes prefer to take a compound that comes with a lot of other "goodies". L-Theanine is one such. Between 200mg and 300mg per day.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Productivity/study stack? (nootropics & stims)
    By dpk33 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-30-2014, 08:31 PM
  2. Best study stack
    By Sonntag in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 01:17 PM
  3. Best M5aa stack
    By Sticks in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 07:57 PM
  4. Best prohormones stack
    By Molehonea in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 07:20 PM
  5. What is the best prohormone stack available?
    By KFlex in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 05:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in