GNC DOMS ease????

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried this? It it on sale for $15 compared to the $40 regular. I get really bad DOMS 48hrs after leg day and wanted to try this. Does it work? Has anyone tried it? Am I just wasting my cash?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
what's the ingredients? that right there should tell ya.

animalkrack3r

Awards
Amount per serving

BioCore Recovery Enzyme Blend protease 6.0 (85,500 HUT) Protease 4.5 (85,000) 342 mg*

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Amount per serving

BioCore Recovery Enzyme Blend protease 6.0 (85,500 HUT) Protease 4.5 (85,000) 342 mg*
OHHHH those are the ingredents......then it's good shat then.....no I've got no idea WTF that shat is......i've heard of the GNC product before just didn't know what was in it.....but i can tell you this IT'S F**KING made by GNC........so theres probably a real good reason it's 15 bucks and most likely sittin on a clearance shelf.......don't do it man, when you're sore and hurtin do what i believe most of us do.....at least what I've had to do....."suck it up", "grow a pair" is how someone might put it (not me though) i sleep more on the nights that i most likely will be sore the next day in this case leg day and also what I've found works for me is this.......because my legs were not gettin the proper amount of exercise before i started lifting and even for a while after i started i would go through hell for about 3 days after doing legs...i mean it sucked walking,sitting to go to #2, going up stairs ETC. so what i did (and still do)was/is this leg extensions, leg curls and stiff leg dead lifts on one day then calves on another and finally squats on another...this split/breakup helped me out tremendously and still does....2 months now.....i just don't let myself skip any leg exercises like i used to and the soreness has subsided unless i go heavy....hope some of this helps someone.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
BCAA and Citrulline Malate helps with DOMS but like everything to a degree. No supplement will get rid of it completely and DOMS isn't really so bad in my opinion. Man up and take the pain.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
BCAA and Citrulline Malate helps with DOMS but like everything to a degree. No supplement will get rid of it completely and DOMS isn't really so bad in my opinion. Man up and take the pain.
Agreed but it sucks limping around almost 4-5 days AFTER leg day still sore as hell. On topic, I have taken the Sorenzyme from Labrada, seems to be similar. I noticed slightly better recovery but nothing great. Product was a bit pricey to take the max dosage as they reccomend.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
doms

I do suck it up, but I figured if this really worked it would be nice. Anyways, thanks for the insight. I'm not going to buy it, i'll put my money toward something better.

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i work at gnc, sounds like a bs product, ive seen it before in the store the label dosent explain anything. Its probably some BCAAs if that.

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
more info..

They use highly effective proteases (Protease 4.5, Protease 6.0, Bromelain, Papain) that can interfere with and break the inflammatory cascade behind many chronic conditions.

# Protease 3.0 is characterized by its ability to hydrolyze proteins under acid conditions. The broad specificity of acid-stable protease enables the enzyme to, easily and efficiently, hydrolyze most soluble proteins. Protease 3.0 is uniquely suited to work synergistically with endogenous pepsin to provide protein digestion in the stomach.
# Protease 4.5 is a mixture of acid, neutral and alkaline proteases that demonstrates both exo-peptidase and endo-peptidase activity with high substrate specificity. Protease 4.5 works synergistically with endogenous enzymes to provide protein digestion in the stomach and pyloric regions of the small intestine.
# Protease 6.0 is a mixture of acid, neutral and alkaline proteases that demonstrates both exo-peptidase and endo-peptidase activity with high substrate specificity. Protease 6.0 works synergistically with endogenous enzymes to provide protein digestion through all portions of the digestive tract.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I McLOVE being sore. Makes me feel baller; however, if you don't like feeling baller and manly, you can try taking L-Glutamine and BCAAs.

Ship it.

animalkrack3r

Awards
I McLOVE being sore. Makes me feel baller; however, if you don't like feeling baller and manly, you can try taking L-Glutamine and BCAAs.

Ship it.

lol nice.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
2 of my friends work at GNC and they say it's not all that good. However, one of them gave me a sample pack of "Wheybolic Extreme" Today. It seems like it could be useful as a PWO base. Add some carbs with it IMO. I haven't tried it yet but may try it on Monday. I will let you all know how it goes.

discohornet

I wish GNC didn't sell this product. Why? Because then people might start actually taking it seriously. The high dose of protease enzymes in this product no tonly help digest the copious amounts of protein you consume after a workout but in excess these enzymes will go around the body and actually relieve the inflammation of DOMS. I really like it and I don't buy much at all any more that isn't just standard issue.