skinny guy seeking hugeness

JJI87

Awards
i'm 21 years old, 5'11, and 160 lbs....looking to get bigger.
i've used cellmass, axis-ht, and protein (stacked the 3 together)...and it works, i just always plateau out.
i'm looking into using h-drol...but i'm not informed enough about it to try it yet.
basically, i just need some advice. i'm looking to weigh about 180, and have significant muscle size.
yes, i eat enough, i consume enough protein as well. whats a good product for me that i've never tried?
whats a good routine?
thanks in advance.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
um it's called research. I would advise you to stay away from any and ALL ph's. if your asking for routines and supplemental usage you sure as heck probably dont have your diet in place. if your 5'11 and 160 pounds i seriously recommend you look at your diet before jumping into things with long term sides. the fact is that steriods have side effects and the addition that your body would not know how to handle the gains off the steroids. you'll lose your gains most likely afterwards because of poor diet, training, and experience. I recommend x-factor. a 50 day suppley ( 2 bottles ) would really help you see if your diet is in check. It's a non hormonal supplement that will inhibit PH like gains if your diet and training is good. It's good for side free gains as well as a good indicator of diet. Just thought I might throw that out to you.

JJI87

Awards
thanks for getting back to me. is it safe to stack this with axis-ht, or no?
i'm def. sticking with the cellmass and protein. thinking of going back to no-explode as well.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think its too early for you to use steroids, which hdrol is. THe problem is most likely that you are not eating enough. I know you say you are but when you add more weight to you frame and want to continue to gain you have to add more protien and calories as well. So you get you diet up then you train heavy and get adequate sleep.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lets say get to 180lbs at least then maybe just maybe try a hormonal product like hdrol. Get all the basics down first.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
drop the cellmass and N.O explode. I think N.O is a weak prework out supplement in the fact that you crash in the middle of your workouts. It also isnt very beneficial as a creatine either. If you need a good pre-workout supplpement something like RPM+Drive combo would be nice for you. You can throw in some Green Magnitude Creatine as I find it very cheap,tasty,and effective.
As far as axis ht never heard of it. Ill go check it out and report back.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
mnn piston, i WANT your avatar :food:

JJI87

Awards
drop the cellmass and N.O explode. I think N.O is a weak prework out supplement in the fact that you crash in the middle of your workouts. It also isnt very beneficial as a creatine either. If you need a good pre-workout supplpement something like RPM+Drive combo would be nice for you. You can throw in some Green Magnitude Creatine as I find it very cheap,tasty,and effective.
As far as axis ht never heard of it. Ill go check it out and report back.
alright. but whats so bad about cellmass though?

i'm reading about the x-factor stuff and it looks pretty good for around 40 bucks.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Focus less on mass building supps, and more on penis enhancement ones instead.

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Piston. I think it is way early on to use steroids. I think supplements would still be very benificial. But on the other hand breaking the plateau maybe something simple like changing up your diet. Raising the protien and carb levels. Sounds like you have a high metabolism. So keep eating. If you want to look at what supplements can help you check out the Log forum . . . .Trauma has a good one going about Superdrol NG fyi. Good luck bro.

Keep Eating :food:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
reaper thats what you need. denial is unhealthy buddy.

cell you know who that is in the avy?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
alright. but whats so bad about cellmass though?

i'm reading about the x-factor stuff and it looks pretty good for around 40 bucks.
it's not 40. you NEED 2 bottles to see any results. 1 bottle doesnt get you anywhere. takes about 25 days ( 1 full bottle ) before the effect starts to kick in.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i've used cellmass, axis-ht, and protein (stacked the 3 together)...and it works, i just always plateau out.
i'm looking into using h-drol...but i'm not informed enough about it to try it yet.
basically, i just need some advice. i'm looking to weigh about 180, and have significant muscle size.
yes, i eat enough, i consume enough protein as well. whats a good product for me that i've never tried?
whats a good routine?
thanks in advance.
Look it up. My goodness, use the search button perhaps. Your not big because your lazy and want to be spoon feed muscle size like you want this information on supps. I wanted info on a CKD diet. I searched for 2 weeks before posting a thread. I'll put my bank account on your not eating nearly enough to gain weight to get to 180lbs. Sorry if im comming off harsh but this stuff happens every other day. Young kids come on here beeing cocky and want answers given to them. The humble people are the ones that get info. Look at MESSPLAY and RickeyMD. They were humble and are getting answers to what they want. TRY IT!!!! Supps are such a small portion of beeing big and strong.

JJI87

Awards
I agree with Piston. I think it is way early on to use steroids. I think supplements would still be very benificial. But on the other hand breaking the plateau maybe something simple like changing up your diet. Raising the protien and carb levels. Sounds like you have a high metabolism. So keep eating. If you want to look at what supplements can help you check out the Log forum . . . .Trauma has a good one going about Superdrol NG fyi. Good luck bro.

Keep Eating :food:
i get what you're saying bro...but its tough to do that living on the college budget..know what i mean?
my metabolism is ridiculous. i wish there was a quick fix to slow it down..then my life would be easier. haha
i need to come up with some cheap ways to get alot of protein and carbs in my diet.

JJI87

Awards
Look it up. My goodness, use the search button perhaps. Your not big because your lazy and want to be spoon feed muscle size like you want this information on supps. I wanted info on a CKD diet. I searched for 2 weeks before posting a thread. I'll put my bank account on your not eating nearly enough to gain weight to get to 180lbs. Sorry if im comming off harsh but this stuff happens every other day. Young kids come on here beeing cocky and want answers given to them. The humble people are the ones that get info. Look at MESSPLAY and RickeyMD. They were humble and are getting answers to what they want. TRY IT!!!! Supps are such a small portion of beeing big and strong.
question: how am i being cocky? i came on here after a year of researching, training and hardly seeing results. maybe there is someone on here who was in the same situation that i am and could possibly give me some advice?

JJI87

Awards
it's not 40. you NEED 2 bottles to see any results. 1 bottle doesnt get you anywhere. takes about 25 days ( 1 full bottle ) before the effect starts to kick in.
i noticed that actually. well, thanks to your advice i'm definitely going to give the x-factor product a try...and i'll cut out the bsn ****.
should i switch the cellmass with that creatine stuff you recommended?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
question: how am i being cocky? i came on here after a year of researching, training and hardly seeing results. maybe there is someone on here who was in the same situation that i am and could possibly give me some advice?
A year of searching :toofunny:? Whatever man, good luck in whatever you purse. :bruce3:

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i get what you're saying bro...but its tough to do that living on the college budget..know what i mean?
my metabolism is ridiculous. i wish there was a quick fix to slow it down..then my life would be easier. haha
i need to come up with some cheap ways to get alot of protein and carbs in my diet.
your metabolism can only do so much. it is impossible to put excess calories into your body and not grow. I too am an ectomorph ( hard gainer) I have a harder time putting on mass than other people but since the end of june, which is where I started adjusting my diet, I started to add mass slowly. Im up to 192 naturally. I went from 170 with a huge amount of fat and no mucles ( from a bad cutting diet then eatting junk like crazy) to where Im at now. It's not hard, you just dont know how to do it. I too am a college student. I manage.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i noticed that actually. well, thanks to your advice i'm definitely going to give the x-factor product a try...and i'll cut out the bsn ****.
should i switch the cellmass with that creatine stuff you recommended?
definately. Guy's no need to be so harsh on him. It's understandable that he needs to search. We see the same things over and over but he hasnt. cut him some slack. I do recommend you get your diet in check before anything. x-factor is expensive ( close to 100 for 1 cycle) and without a proper diet your not going to see anything. Remember to cut down on omega-3 fats while your at it. Theres a list of things you should avoid while on x-factor to help maximize your gains. It is afterall a test of diet. good diet = gains mediocre diet= semi decent gains. poor diet = waste of money. Remember to just cut down on certian foods while on x-factor. Once your off the cycle you can eat those things agian and keep your mass as long as your diet was in check while on.

JJI87

Awards
your metabolism can only do so much. it is impossible to put excess calories into your body and not grow. I too am an ectomorph ( hard gainer) I have a harder time putting on mass than other people but since the end of june, which is where I started adjusting my diet, I started to add mass slowly. Im up to 192 naturally. I went from 170 with a huge amount of fat and no mucles ( from a bad cutting diet then eatting junk like crazy) to where Im at now. It's not hard, you just dont know how to do it. I too am a college student. I manage.
22 lbs in 3 months def. isn't slow...well to me it isn't at least.
hopefully i'll get your results man...steak and potatoes for dinner!

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
I hear what you are saying man. I am in college as well. On my way to becoming a Trauma Surgeon, so I have to deal with $ restrictions for a while. But if you want it bad enough you can swing it. Try a Casein protein b4 bed. Eat before bed, and if you cant 'budget' casein protein, I eat 2 servings of non-fat cottage cheese. Which by searching the forums I found was a great alternative,bc the protein in this is very slow digesting. I still feel the problem lies in the diet just like the majority of the guys here do. Its pretty much impossible (as celardude said) to plateau by eating alot . . .especially at 21. Good luck.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
cool. keep us posted. :head: don't be afraid to post your diet down and ask for help. That will help you steer torwards the right direction. Just make sure to do it in the proper section.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bulking/75076-lets-talk-muscle.html#post1011980
eat bro. even before x factor which i think would be great for you in a couple months after ur diet. perhaps some fish oil and straight creatine monohydrate micronized. high dose the fish oil at like 9g a day mollecular distilled is great when high dosing. i know u are probably fond of the cell mass i was at a point with that too but it is expensive high profiled name branned creatine the tryed and true creatine is creatine monohydrate

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats a good routine?
thanks in advance.
Let's get you on a good routine first. I don't know what your current routine is, but I always recommend the HST approach for beginners. It's easy to pick up on, and teaches you good training habits. I guarantee that you will notice results within the first 6 weeks. Check out their webpage for more info:
www.hypertrophy-specific.com

Could you possibly post up a typical day in the diet of JJI87? This will give me a better idea of what you need to work on to get huge. Creatine, supplements, steroids aren't gonna get you huge. They can only improve upon your current scheme of things, or set you up for a total disappointment.

JJI87

Awards
alright, here's what i'm thinking. i'm obviously starting today with eating more protein and carbs. i'm going to order some x-factor (found a good price here:
http://www.a1supplements.com/X-Factor-100-Gels-p-6.html?gclid=CJKMrrqR344CFR1NUAodAFGJSg

and stack it with creatine monohydrate and whey protein.

i'm planning on consuming about 3000 or more calories a day.

i'm basically starting over, which is what i think i should do anyways. quick question though: since i AM a hard-gainer, should i sub a weight gain shake for the protein shake to get extra calories AND protein?

JJI87

Awards
Let's get you on a good routine first. I don't know what your current routine is, but I always recommend the HST approach for beginners. It's easy to pick up on, and teaches you good training habits. I guarantee that you will notice results within the first 6 weeks. Check out their webpage for more info:
www.hypertrophy-specific.com

Could you possibly post up a typical day in the diet of JJI87? This will give me a better idea of what you need to work on to get huge. Creatine, supplements, steroids aren't gonna get you huge. They can only improve upon your current scheme of things, or set you up for a total disappointment.
well, right now, my diet is ****ty. my diet used to be good...but that was before i had to start paying for rent and tuition. i'm a broke college kid looking to gain size. i've been eating firehouse subs and ramann noodles for the past month...that obviously has to stop. although i weigh the same from when i was at my best condition (160 lbs with very noticeable muscle size)...the muscle size has dropped, and its because i'm eating crap foods.
i'm going grocery shopping tonight...i figure with the money i save from not eating out at fast food joints so much, i can spend that on some good supplements and healthy protein-rich, nutritious foods.:food:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't sound like a bad idea. Obviously, if you notice yourself getting fatter, you can lower the calorie intake.

I can't stress this enough: CALORIES are what build muscle.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
if you're on a budget, ditch the cellmas and noexplode and get 1000g of creatine monohydrate for less than $15 bucks.

Take the extra cash and get some fish oil and whey protein. If you weigh 160, you need at least 15 cal per bodyweight just to maintain your weight or about 2400 calories a day. If you are working out hard, you need more.

To gain weight you need to eat even more!

Get 1.5-2 grams of protein a day per lb of bodyweight or about 280 grams of protein a day. Get about 280 grams of carbs a day and about 20-25 grams of fats a day. Break this into 6 or 7 small meals of 500 calories a piece.

I use protein shakes twice daily to satisfy my protein requirements. You can get good whey protein for less than $6.00 a lb at trueprotein.com

Don't waste your money on n.o. products for now. Just get good food and work out. But don't overtrain!

JJI87

Awards
Doesn't sound like a bad idea. Obviously, if you notice yourself getting fatter, you can lower the calorie intake.

its not so much of getting fatter...if anything, i'm getting smaller. the muscles are disappearing although i weigh the same. i need to start eating right again and training again.

JJI87

Awards
if you're on a budget, ditch the cellmas and noexplode and get 1000g of creatine monohydrate for less than $15 bucks.

Take the extra cash and get some fish oil and whey protein. If you weigh 160, you need at least 15 cal per bodyweight just to maintain your weight or about 2400 calories a day. If you are working out hard, you need more.

Get 1.5-2 grams of protein a day per lb of bodyweight or about 280 grams of protein a day. Get about 280 grams of carbs a day and about 20-25 grams of fats a day. Break this into 6 or 7 small meals of 500 calories a piece.

I use protein shakes twice daily to satisfy my protein requirements. You can get good whey protein for less than $6.00 a lb at trueprotein.com

Don't waste your money on n.o. products for now. Just get good food and work out. But don't overtrain!
thanks for the advice bro. by your definition, what would you consider over-training for me?

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established

more fat bro fat wont make u fat. he can definatley handle it! 20-25 grams?! that is 4 eggs! he should be 90-120 a day!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the advice bro. by your definition, what would you consider over-training for me?
more than 4 workouts per week. you would be surprised with the results of 3-4 workout days per week vs training every day or 5 days of the week.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
more than 4 workouts per week. you would be surprised with the results of 3-4 workout days per week vs training every day or 5 days of the week.
No joke, no joke.

I used to train every day when I was younger. Started training 3-4x per week and the results have been amazing.

tattoopierced1

Food food and food.. then if you must use supplements, mega dose BCAAs, creatine, and Pslin.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
for me, if I work out each muscle more than once every 6 days, I'm over training. I work out each muscle once a week. Mon. Chest/Tri , Tues. Back /Bi, Wed. Shoulder, Friday. Legs. Some guys hit each muscle two, three times a week. We grow when we are resting.
Good luck bud. I'm rooting for you
edward

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established

I tried repping you...no such luck yet.

I'm not so much a hard gainer, but I used to be sort of...

6'2" and when I first started working out I went from 210 to nearly 170lbs. I was lean as hell, and when I'd make gains they were far and few between.

Now, 13 years later I'm still 6'2" but I'm 210 again, with just about as much body fat as I had when I was 170. There were a few years there where I didn't make any gains at all. They were called Marriage.

Since I've started taking care of myself more in the diet dept, I've put on around 15 lbs. in 2 years, most of it this year.

4 weeks ago I added nearly 1000 calories per day to my diet by simply adding 1 cup of oatmeal (along with my regular diet) at 8am, one before the gym, and one at 11:30 at night (or just before bed, whenever that happens to be) and so far I've gained 0 lbs. That tells me I wasn't eating enough to being with. I'm sure in the next few weeks it will start showing on the scale, and thats about the time I will start my next PH stack provided everything I ordered gets here by then.

So you can see, by adding something as simple as oat meal I added a lot of calories.

Something else to remember, don't eat for pleasure. Eat for a purpose. That purpose is to survive and grow. Yeah, you'll get sick of oat meal, and protein, and chicken and tuna, but you won't get what you want eating chocolate cake.

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
JJ its not a hobby its a lifestyle eating every 3-4hours eating when you don't want to eating when it hurts, I've been on 3.5-5k cal daily since the beginning of the summer I've put on 23 lbs and still have 7.2% b/f its totally doable I too am in college, its not all that tough even with budget restrictions... buy in bulk and plan things out ahead of time get some gatorade bottles fill them up with protein powder to eat throughout the day... my big thing that I had was serious mass by on... went through 36lbs of that stuff over the summer good luck I started out at 163 and right now am 186 5'10" soak up the info on this board the things really do work try some appetite stimulants maybe even try doing some things to stretch out your stomach... thats what competitive eaters do that way you won't hurt so much eating all that food all day long
good luck!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I thought my metabolism was fast too, until I started to eat like a ****in horse. I don't want to hear your excuses...I am just over 6'0 and now weigh in at 201 lbs @ 13.2% bf. Where before I was 135lbs. Quit your get big quick schemes and stick to the basics or you will most likely regret the choice it sounds like you are making. I came on here just a few weeks ago and these guys changed my mind. I was getting ready to start taking orals. When it came down to it I decided to stuff my face. Keep it natural homie.

Sevename

Awards
I'd skip all the sups but creatine mono, i think a kilo is 13 bucks at NP, a protein sup that you can stand to drink, gatorade powder, a big jug of fish oils and a mulit vitamin. Then put all your remaining money into whole foods. I'd buy hamburger, chicken breasts, potatoes, whole wheat bread, brown rice, old fashion oats, cheese, frozen broccoli, spinach, whatever fresh fruit you like, oranges, apples, whatever. Eat a pizza every week to break up the routine. Wash all of your meals down with a protein shake, if you can afford it, protein shakes alone don't count as meals. Schedule all 6 or 7 of your daily meals for the week ahead of time, then stick to your schedule, you have to hit it atleast 90% of the time. Take your protein and gatorade powder during and after you workout, count that as one meal, then eat a meal within an hour of the time you finish your workout consisting of all protein and carbs. There is a lot of info out there on pre, during and post workout nutrition. There is also alot of info on ectomorph specific nutrition, as a rule of thumb you'll need more carbs than endos or mesos. If you're consuming enough calories don't worry about getting tricky with the aminos.

For training I agree with Sinner and Cellar. Also look into some training info specific to ectomorphs. The way ectos muscles/tendons tie into the frame is different than on endos and mesos. You can make some changes to your training to help with this. You have to change your routine every 4 or so weeks or you will get stuck on more plateaus. Compound movements should be the core of all your workouts, squats, deads, bench, cleans, snatch, chins, pullups, military press.

Another tough one, especially when in college, you must get your sleep. 7 to 8 hours per night, especially on days you train.

blitzkriegjim

Awards
Yeah man, I agree with everything said on here so far...creatine mono is very good and I am using it currently with good results...I like it, but everyone is different on these types of things. I'm a college student as well basically spending all my summer earnings on my diet :) but its amazing though what happens when you get your diet in place! This past summer I wasnt gaining much at all anymore so I added in 1 more turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread into my afternoon meanl as well as a small peanut butter sandwich for lunch....my weight went up consistently 1-2 lbs a week for almost the remainder of my summer.....the diet is where its at!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
more fat bro fat wont make u fat. he can definatley handle it! 20-25 grams?! that is 4 eggs! he should be 90-120 a day!
lol, I think I get more fat than that by about lunchtime.

RDI for a 2,000 Caloried diet is 60g of fats.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Padme enjoys sinner's homemade protein shakes. :lol:

I haven't seen you on gmail the past couple days.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
Padme enjoys sinner's homemade protein shakes. :lol:

I haven't seen you on gmail the past couple days.
i havnt seen u! the other day i sent u the last picture i found u signed off and dissapeared. one of us may of accidently blocked the other one

IroNwIlL2006

IroNwIlL2006

Awards
I think all that hardgainer stuff is just bs to be honest i was 145lbs at 6' when i was 18. I liked to call myself a hardgainer and make excuses for not getting results and being weak but the fact is I didn't know what the f*ck I was doing. Save your money on the supps you simply do not need them at this stage. Take a week off--breaks are extremely important! Learn about lean meats, complex carbs and healthy fats. Count your calories and put together a diet plan. If your not eating 4000 cals you're not eating enough. If your eating 4000cals eat 4500 and so on until you see some results. All you could really use is some creatine and its not for mass its to help you keep up your intensity in the gym. These splits and hypertrophy programs also have their place but I think you really need some sort of strength base before you even think about hypertrophy. Look into Rippetoes and throw in some beach work if you want-- get your lifts out of the gutter. Just remember its a marathon and not a sprint. And good luck to you.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
JJI87, hey man i was is the same position you are in...

i started college at 5'11 155-160lbs...in about 5 months from just hard training, eating like a horse and taking protein i shot up to 185lbs and 8% bf. the only supplement i took besides protein was an NO/creatine product.

Now i am back down to 160lbs because i was sick for 2 months so im pretty much starting over again. and i deff hear ya on the college student funds,lol...

the only supps im looking at to begin my training again are:
-NO/creatine (Ragnarok)
-Whey protein (ON 100%)
-Waxymaize (Kwick Karb)

best of luck and eat eat eat!!