Tested Positive for Meth

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
Tested Positive for Meth - Please Help

So I tested positive for Methamphetamines. I have NEVER done methamphetamines. Assuming the test was accurate (which it might not have been), what supplement might have caused a false positive? I'd love to find out before I go in for a retest on Friday.

Here's a list of the supps I've taken in the last month before the drug test:

Epistane
Torem (SERM for post cycle therapy)
Cycle Support
LiverAid
Cissus
Joint Support with Glucosamine and Chondroitin
Xyience "Xenergy" energy drink. (heres a list of ingredients: Taurine, Gluconolactone, Caffeine, Guarana Extract, Panax Ginseng Extract, Inositiol, L-Carnitine.

Would the methyl in Epistane cause me to test positive?

Maybe they just messed up my test? This is baffling to me. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Too much caffeine can make you test positive.

Xyience "Xenergy" energy drink. (heres a list of ingredients: Taurine, Gluconolactone, Caffeine, Guarana Extract, Panax Ginseng Extract, Inositiol, L-Carnitine.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Are you taking any other caffeine or stim products?

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
Really? Does extra caffeine come up positive?
Or taken ephedrine?
This makes me think about too much of ephedrine = positive meth legend.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
1 xenergy a day
1 diet coke
2 cups of coffee
some coffee beans sprinkled in a protein shake

sounds like alot of caffeine. i'll cut way back before my next test

yes it was a piss test

thanks for the responses so far. keep em coming. i need to get to the bottom of this before my next test.

Good news is that my liver was GREAT after my cycle of Epistane and Halodrol-50

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
you need to stop cooking that stuff up in your kitchen you tweaker. jk. :icon_lol:

that sucks. first time i've ever heard of this. caffine can cause this?? really???

sounds more like a false positive bad test.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
I guess that shyt I railed wasn't baking soda?!? lol

It had to be a false positive. I only hope that my liver test was accurate (since it came out squeaky clean!)

Oh well, wish me luck on Friday.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
any ephedrine, cold meds, or A.D.D. meds like adderall? all of these are used to synthesize meth. coke (not the drink) and MDMA have somewhat similar structures to some amphetamines.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've drugged tested and have been on plenty of stim related products(more than I should have been) and I have never even caused the needle to move on those tests.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
I haven't used any adderall type, meth precursor drugs. I can only think that they messed up the test. I'll keep everyone posted. I'm not a dope fiend and expect the next test to come back negative, unless one of the aforementioned supps caused a false positive.

thanks

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
any ephedrine, cold meds, or A.D.D. meds like adderall? all of these are used to synthesize meth. coke (not the drink) and MDMA have somewhat similar structures to some amphetamines.

Agree. I do not agree that caffeinne can come up pos for amphetamines; 2 totally different structures (chemically). Both stims, but not in the same category of stims.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
I haven't used any adderall type, meth precursor drugs. I can only think that they messed up the test. I'll keep everyone posted. I'm not a dope fiend and expect the next test to come back negative, unless one of the aforementioned supps caused a false positive.

thanks
Taken any allergy/cold meds? Sudafed?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
So I tested positive for Methamphetamines. I have NEVER done methamphetamines. Assuming the test was accurate (which it might not have been), what supplement might have caused a false positive? I'd love to find out before I go in for a retest on Friday.

Here's a list of the supps I've taken in the last month before the drug test:

Epistane
Torem (SERM for post cycle therapy)
Cycle Support
LiverAid
Cissus
Joint Support with Glucosamine and Chondroitin

Would the methyl in Epistane cause me to test positive?

Maybe they just messed up my test? This is baffling to me. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS.

Ergopahrm's AMP (or anything else with the "geranamine" ingredient) could test dirty for methamphetamines (according to the World Anti-Doping Agency). However, you haven't taken any of them.

My guess is that one of your other supplements got contaminated at a manufacturing or capping plant. They use the same equipment to do runs on all sorts of different products. Some Chinese guy making minimum wage isn't going to be extremely dilligent cleaning out the machines between runs.

My advice would be to cease all supplements until you go through your next test.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
You sure you don't remember that rail you did right before the exam? :lol:

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
Ergopahrm's AMP (or anything else with the "geranamine" ingredient) could test dirty for methamphetamines (according to the World Anti-Doping Agency). However, you haven't taken any of them.

My guess is that one of your other supplements got contaminated at a manufacturing or capping plant. They use the same equipment to do runs on all sorts of different products. Some Chinese guy making minimum wage isn't going to be extremely dilligent cleaning out the machines between runs.

My advice would be to cease all supplements until you go through your next test.
thanks for the great info

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established

Is this true? Where did you hear that? I'm curious because I've used a lot of AMP and never tested dirty from it.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok guys. I piss test people everyday and have a pretty good knowledge of what will give a false positive and what wont because I have to be sure. If you actually tested pos. for meth, you used meth. if you tested pos. for amphetamines then there are a number of products that will test pos. The caffeine comment is total crap! Heebs list looked good. some cold meds, some ADD meds, ephedrine... lay off some of the stims to make sure except caffeine. caffeine will not test pos. for amph. or meth. meth is a form of amph.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
If you actually tested pos. for meth, you used meth. if you tested pos. for amphetamines then there are a number of products that will test pos.
I'm not sure if I tested positive for methamphetemines or just straight up amphetemines. I can assure you that I didn't use either. I've used plenty of illegal substances in my day, none of which recently, and none of which were illegal stims. (I was more of a downtown kinda guy.)

It seems to me that either a) the test was bogus b) my other supps were contaminated, in which case, everyone should be wary, especially if you are tested for parole or for a job and use lots of other supplements.

Thanks

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
What about a Methy based prohormone?....I wonder if they have some of the same chemical properties...obviously with very different effects.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
To test positive for meth amphetamine you need meth amphetamine metabolites, the only the that springs to mind to me is selegline and meth (although I am sure there are others... mdma... methylone... but but I am not positive)

I imagine it's contaminated or a really crappy assuming test.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
washingtonpost is bs.
Oh the drama.
I hate to see the FDA getting in the way of inovation

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Geranamine is I believe now specifically tested for by WADA which is why it would show up. Caffeine also has to be specifically tested for, and besides Olympic athletes it is not. Amphetamines use will show up from a number of cold medicines, ephedra, adderall, Ritalin etc. The tests are actually very accurate so this must be a false positive, unless one of those supplements you used were tainted which has happened before apparently.