3 Day Creatine Pulsing - AnabolicMinds.com

3 Day Creatine Pulsing

  1. Banned
    justreading's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    3 Day Creatine Pulsing


    There have been a few mentions of pulsing creatine at high doses for 3 days on/3 days off. I read a few people do this and tried to use the search button to get more of the science behind why but because of the vaugeness of the key terms it is nearly impossible to find.

    For the people who haven't read this the idea is to take a high dose, say 25g a day for mono, for 3 days on followed by 3 days off. From my reccolection this allows you body to build maximal creatine levels without starting the negative feedback loop and realizing it has super compensated.

    Since my recollection of the science behind this is weak and because I doubt enough people have gotten to hear about this, i am hoping the people who have done this or know more about it can chime in. Also I would like to figure out does for this for C Di-malate.

  2. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,954
    Rep Power
    4621961

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    There have been a few mentions of pulsing creatine at high doses for 3 days on/3 days off. I read a few people do this and tried to use the search button to get more of the science behind why but because of the vaugeness of the key terms it is nearly impossible to find.

    For the people who haven't read this the idea is to take a high dose, say 25g a day for mono, for 3 days on followed by 3 days off. From my reccolection this allows you body to build maximal creatine levels without starting the negative feedback loop and realizing it has super compensated.

    Since my recollection of the science behind this is weak and because I doubt enough people have gotten to hear about this, i am hoping the people who have done this or know more about it can chime in. Also I would like to figure out does for this for C Di-malate.

    Never heard of that. It sounds retarded though.
  3. Banned
    justreading's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Never heard of that. It sounds retarded though.
    Thank you for the intelliegent and well thought out response.
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37730

    Reputation

    won't matter because of the mechanism of action of storage by the body. If you are loaded, it takes a month or more to deplete the stores back down to normal. So taking a break every three days isn't going to change ****.
  5. Banned
    justreading's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    won't matter because of the mechanism of action of storage by the body. If you are loaded, it takes a month or more to deplete the stores back down to normal. So taking a break every three days isn't going to change ****.
    Thank you. I am just trying to learn because I know there are a few people lurking who have gone into long explanations as to why this works but I am not for or against it and would like to learn the negatives as well. This isn't my idea or theory just something I have read about and never seen further discussed.
  6. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32270

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    won't matter because of the mechanism of action of storage by the body. If you are loaded, it takes a month or more to deplete the stores back down to normal. So taking a break every three days isn't going to change ****.
    good point. I read about the loading phase and such before as well. there is a lot of different opinion about it but agian like poison said it takes a while before creatine is depleted. In my opinion it would be a waste of money to do such. If anyone has anything to say, please feel free to do so. Im always opened to hear new things.
  7. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32270

    Reputation

    here I found just what your looking for reading. I hope this might help.



    4.1: What dosage should be used? Is a loading phase necessary?

    "Loading" refers to the practice of taking larger than normal doses for the first few days of supplementation to maximize muscle creatine stores as quickly as possible. This is followed by a maintenance phase, during which a smaller dose is taken daily to maintain the high levels of creatine.

    Loading is not necessary, but it is beneficial. In one study, a maintenance dose (3 g/day) took thirty days to maximize creatine stores. On the other hand, a loading dose (20 g/day) maximized muscle creatine levels in only two days. Normal maintenance doses fall in the 3-5 g range (2 g has been found to be insufficient), although some take as much as 10 g, while 20-30 g (usually 20 g) is used for loading. Some sources recommend a loading phase of 6-7 days, but this appears to be unnecessary. Given that stores are maximized after two days of loading, 2-3 days should be sufficient. One study indicated that resistance training athletes can utilize around 50 mg/kg daily of creatine. A maintenance dose of 5-10 g daily is recommended to ensure that enough is being taken. Taking more than this for maintenance is generally a waste of creatine.

    4.2: How and when should creatine be taken?

    Creatine usually comes in powder form. Although capsules are available, they are significantly more expensive and most prefer powder. Creatine can be mixed in most drinks. During loading, it is customary to divide the creatine into 3-4 doses spread throughout the day (3 doses of 10 g or 4 doses of 5 g). During maintenance, 1-2 doses daily (usually of 5 g each) are used. Taking one of the doses pre-exercise on exercise days is recommended. Also, if some meals contain more carbohydrates than others, creatine should be taken with the high carbohydrate meals.

    Some believe it is best to take creatine throughout the day to maintain elevated blood levels. However, once muscles are saturated with creatine, it takes a long time for muscle creatine levels to return to baseline (30 days). In the big picture, maintaining elevated blood levels around the clock is relatively inconsequential, as muscle creatine levels will be maintained at near-maximum with once daily dosing.
  8. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37730

    Reputation

    If you did three on, three off, you're still probably eventually going to fully load, though it's going to take longer; you'll also only get partial benefits in that time, as it's taking longer to load. Sounds like a lose-lose to me. And once you DID load fully, taking three days off isn't going to do much: you'd need a full month Or more off to deplete the supply meaningfully.
  9. Banned
    justreading's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Good stuff guys.

    Maybe the people who origonally brought the idea up could see this and chime in. I wish I remembered their names and could PM them but unitl they do I guess the subject is resolved...

    Damn because I do remember it sounding good but a lot of things sound good at first ha
  10. Professional Member
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,348
    Rep Power
    32270

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    If you did three on, three off, you're still probably eventually going to fully load, though it's going to take longer; you'll also only get partial benefits in that time, as it's taking longer to load. Sounds like a lose-lose to me. And once you DID load fully, taking three days off isn't going to do much: you'd need a full month Or more off to deplete the supply meaningfully.
  11. Advanced Member
    FitModel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    865
    Rep Power
    16043

    Reputation

    I've been taking 10g of creatine mono a day (5g pre, 5g post) and the first month I noticed some good weight increase and fullness, now i'm nearing the END of my second month and I seem to be back down to my Pre-creatine weight (so I lost about 5 lbs) and i'm not feeling so full as of recently...

    any idea's? I figure this is more likely due to my eating habits, but I figure I might check to see if the creatine has anything to do with it, I plan on taking creatine for another 3-4 weeks then taking a break for a little while. . .
  12. New Member
    drewh10987's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    30337

    Reputation

    I believe EctoPower was the one who first brought up the idea. Maybe he'll chime in.
  13. Advanced Member
    dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    487

    Reputation

    Take 10-20 grams a day.
  14. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Ive seen this too I believe Fritzer is the guy that said this works. Ive been wanting to try it since going back on creatine mono but like always *sigh....cant get to taking creatine that often. at the most ill do 5g 2x a day. I hate creatine and how it always sinks to the bottom of the glass/cup.
  15. Banned
    justreading's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    Ive seen this too I believe Fritzer is the guy that said this works. Ive been wanting to try it since going back on creatine mono but like always *sigh....cant get to taking creatine that often. at the most ill do 5g 2x a day. I hate creatine and how it always sinks to the bottom of the glass/cup.
    See i knew I wasn't crazy! Ha... Di-malate is more water solluable I guess so maybe that would be worth a try.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ATD on "off or on" days in pulse?
    By puffs in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 10:42 PM
  2. Cycle Support on On Days of Pulse?
    By JJC in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 02:26 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 04:38 PM
  4. Supps on off days of pulsing?
    By NAS in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in