mega dose fish oil - AnabolicMinds.com

mega dose fish oil

1. New Member

mega dose fish oil

Okay, so I considering at least upping it to 10 grams a day...or more. I know there was another thread on this. My question is this: are there any negative effects from using flaxseed oil as my primary source of omega 3 as opposed to fish oil? Of course flaxseed oil also contains some amount of omega 9's and 6's. Thoughts?

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have a book that has a huge section on good fats, and from what I remember it says people generally get too much of the fats from Flaxseed. Well not exactly the words, but something like that. Its easier to get enough of those fats than others...Take that with a grain of salt though because its all from memory, plus I'm not good at remembering things I read!. Plus I'm tired as hell today!. Maybe I will go look it today but I doubt it because I'm just burnt out as hell today for some reason....
  3. Registered User

There's a formula that states just how much of omegas 3,6, and 9 are optimal, and if you wanted to be super-scientific, you could mix perfect ampunts of fish oil, flax, borage, evening primrose, etc. The main thing to shoot for is a good dose of these healthy oils, some fish and some flax daily does the trick really. Those are (relatively) cheap in bulk and in liquid form.

Also, if you cook with olive oil and eat nuts/peanut butter, etc, you're getting a lot of the omega 9 (I believe) whereas the others have mostly 3 and 6.

There are those expensive "perfect blend" oil caps available, but leave those on the shelf at GNC for the unsavvy retail kooks; they're waay too expensive! Get 1000 caps of fish oil from Matt (CNW) and a big bottle of flax for the fridge and you're loving your life....
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by milwood View Post
    There's a formula that states just how much of omegas 3,6, and 9 are optimal, and if you wanted to be super-scientific, you could mix perfect ampunts of fish oil, flax, borage, evening primrose, etc. The main thing to shoot for is a good dose of these healthy oils, some fish and some flax daily does the trick really. Those are (relatively) cheap in bulk and in liquid form.

Also, if you cook with olive oil and eat nuts/peanut butter, etc, you're getting a lot of the omega 9 (I believe) whereas the others have mostly 3 and 6.

There are those expensive "perfect blend" oil caps available, but leave those on the shelf at GNC for the unsavvy retail kooks; they're waay too expensive! Get 1000 caps of fish oil from Matt (CNW) and a big bottle of flax for the fridge and you're loving your life....
    Thank you everyone for your replies. The main reason I am curious is cost efficiency. I work at a Costco, and they have very cheap fish oil. But the amount of epa and dha is low. So I do think you get what you pay for. I use some olive oil every day, and eat fish as well. There are alot of brands to choose from, and I think I will go liquid. 20 caps a day is just to much.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  260 lbs.

I also buy the bottles of fish oil (cod liver is my choice) and flax oil (kept in the fridge). Way more cost effective than pills, and easy to puchase at most any supermarket these days -- thanks to the natural foods movement. ;-)
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

The fish oil I have is great, tastes good and very nice after taste too. I do 1tbs per day which is 15 grams and a month supply costs like 24-26... I don't see why you can't megadose it
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Thank you everyone for your replies. The main reason I am curious is cost efficiency. I work at a Costco, and they have very cheap fish oil. But the amount of epa and dha is low. So I do think you get what you pay for. I use some olive oil every day, and eat fish as well. There are alot of brands to choose from, and I think I will go liquid. 20 caps a day is just to much.
    My boss actually knows some of the head guys and the costco brand is not the top choice for them.
  8. New Member

Hey man, take this with a grain of salt too, but take it anyways. Olive oil is high in omega 6. I heard (From Dr. Mercola who I am not 100% sure on) that cooking it breaks down the unsaturated fats and makes it unhealhy. This may be because he wants to sell coconut oil (saturated fat BTW) biut I have not seen the science yet. Either way, I like my olive oil raw, and both I and my pregnant wife take 12 gm fish oil daily because it is just that gopod for you.
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    My boss actually knows some of the head guys and the costco brand is not the top choice for them.
    not shocked by that, the only supplement I buy there is EAS protein powder. Decent,not fantastic but very affordable.

Similar Forum Threads

1. mega dosed fish oil for gains?
    By JayRock in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 07:17 PM
  2. Irish Cannon's Mega-dosing Fish Oil Results/Log!!!
    By Irish Cannon in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 09:05 PM
  3. high dosing fish oil
    By pantera101 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 12:58 PM
  4. super dosing fish oil and takin epistane
    By king1033 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 04:50 PM
  5. High-dose fish oil instead of CLA