Thinking of adding fish oil...

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.73%

Thinking of adding fish oil...

I am thinking of adding fish oil. Looking at maybe 15 mg a day or so. Any brands I should avoid? I know I can get some locally from Wal Mart or GNC or my favorite supplement dealer which is nutraplanet.

I am staying away from many supplements like creatine, NO2, and the like mainly because my wife will beat me if I do. I used to use everything out there short of steroids. I am using multi vitamins(GNC mega man sport), Cissus(Super Cissus RX), and protien(ON whey) at the moment. Of course I am eating good food as well for the added protein, carbs, and other things the body needs to grow. I will admit I do cheat and consume a few junk items from time to time but try to eat cottage cheese, turkey, cheese, tuna, oatmeal, etc. Add to that lifting with intensity and I am having incredible workouts without pre workout supps like I used to take.

Stats are:

5'8" - 183 lbs, 29 yrs old

I just recently started back on a bulk/heavy lifting cycle and weight has gone from about 173 to the now 183 in about a month and a half. Sorry no pics to show but I feel it's mostly muscle but a little extra fat in the trouble areas, aka, love handles.

Anyway, will fish oil be a great addition?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.38%

fish oil is high in omega 3 fatty acids. it certainly can't hurt. i noticed that i was burping up fishy crap after i took the pills, so i stopped. i couldn't stand the taste. i prefer salmon
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.73%

Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    fish oil is high in omega 3 fatty acids. it certainly can't hurt. i noticed that i was burping up fishy crap after i took the pills, so i stopped. i couldn't stand the taste. i prefer salmon
    Yeah, smelling like fish or burping up fishy crap is something I don't want. When I asked the wife yesterday if I could start taking it(yes, she is very worried about what supplements I take and I must approve them through her) she said she heard some parts are going to start smelling like fish.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.09%

be sure to get pharmaceutical grade otherwise it can be full of toxins and go rancid quickly
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

def. worth the add IMO
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

First off I need to editorialize... "my wife will beat me"????

Maybe its just me but every woman I date, for or against what I do always comes around and supports it. You need to be persuasive man, its REALLY not that hard especially when they trust your intellect and reasoning (being smarter than them sure helps in this.) Also the stuff I do is a WHOLE lot worse than anything you have talked about so really I can't understand how you couldn't get your wife on board...

Enough getting into your business (hey you posted it ha)...

PFO Pure Fish Oil Liquid by Health from the Sun only costs $12 for 8oz. They suggest just 5ml a day on the bottle but I take 1tbs or 15ml so 2 bottles last a month. It has a very pleasent lemon flavor and when you burp after you get a citrus flavor that is actually enjoyable. In the end you get the best after taste and the best value without taking 15 pills a day!
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by crpav View Post
    Yeah, smelling like fish or burping up fishy crap is something I don't want. When I asked the wife yesterday if I could start taking it(yes, she is very worried about what supplements I take and I must approve them through her) she said she heard some parts are going to start smelling like fish.
    freeze the caps, then you wont have the problem. If you get the actual oil version, they make flavored fish oil, I think NOW brand sells it.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.15%

brother fish oil is great for ya....after the wife does her research she'll find that out too. Now make a good product, but also take a look @ others too because some manufactures have some that are "non-odor" meaning no fish burps or anything else.....the only thing i noticed is in the morning my 1st piss is kind of smelly...but it's piss after all so WTF....as long as you get plenty of H2O through the day (like you should be doing anyway) you'll be fine. also make sure it has both kinds of ingredients (EPA and DHA) both are good for ya......!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.53%

I use Natures Harvest from Publix, I buy the one thats non odor. No Fish Burps. I took fish oil once before I worked out and the fish burps made me want to puke.
    I take two 1000mg three times a day. So thats 6g for the non math scholars.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.38%

good info. i wonder if the caps I had went bad? All I know is that I'll NEVER take them again. I'll try the lemon flavored oil next time.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.19%

Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    Try the enteric coated pills, they are supposed to pass through the stomach into the intestine to eliminate the fishy burps.
  12. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%

Quote Originally Posted by TOYFORDOLET View Post
    Try the enteric coated pills, they are supposed to pass through the stomach into the intestine to eliminate the fishy burps.
    oooor get the flavored oil which actually tastes good and is much cheaper.
  13. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    oooor get the flavored oil which actually tastes good and is much cheaper.
    Ooooor just take the regular fish oils for a couple of days and let your body adjust to it, then not have to worry about tasting anything.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

14. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%

Whatever works... I just think the flavored fish oils I got are an amazing value and at 10g a day it will last 24 days for $12-13 dollars while leaving zero aftertaste. Just trying to share a good product find with someone who seemed like they were looking into fish oils.
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.72%
    Achievements Posting Pro

If you put them in the fridge you won't get the burps, not really necessary to buy the most expensive versions, imo, as long as the quality is there. Much better things to buy.. like saving up for a new pair of shoes.. just sayin'
  16. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    Whatever works... I just think the flavored fish oils I got are an amazing value and at 10g a day it will last 24 days for $12-13 dollars while leaving zero aftertaste. Just trying to share a good product find with someone who seemed like they were looking into fish oils.
    Hey JR, it's all about variety my friend. I was just throwing my suggestion out there as well, but hey every now and then a lemon zing would be nice.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 03:02 PM
  2. Long Readbut Will Make You Think Twice About Fish Oils !!
    By hardasnails1973 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 08:37 PM
  3. Thinking of adding winn to my cycle please help.
    By 505dynasty in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 11:33 PM
  4. adding fish oil to havoc cycle
    By jodenem99 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 10:31 AM
  5. Thinking of adding Purple Wraath
    By marksdiman123 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 11:58 AM