Icariin

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
i have a bunch of purified Icariin (from horny goat wood) sitting around here and i have never done anything with it.

Because i am lazy i am going to ask people here to suggest a dose for me to take cuz i figure i might as well try the stuff. I know all about it and what it is purported to do, i just dunno the dosages offhand and i don't feel like looking it all up right now

if i feel energized from it i might put it in clear shot or something i dunno

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What purity?

For 50%, we were recommending around 400-500mg.

itsrawb

itsrawb

Awards
snort it all.. do you have sexual disfuction...

jk..

take 5g.. tell me what happens

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
snort it all.. do you have sexual disfuction...

jk..

take 5g.. tell me what happens

y'know its been so long i dunno if i am sexually dysfunctional or not. good question

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad i'm not a chemist. I would of ended up like Pooky a long time ago.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's pretty potent stuff even at 50%. Supposedly there is a 98% extract advertised by some Chinese labs but who knows if it's real.

I'm 185 and have taken upwards of a gram of the 50% for extended periods. Didn't have any problems except one incident of light-headedness/blurred vision during a very heavy lift.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
y'know its been so long i dunno if i am sexually dysfunctional or not. good question
I'd half think being a celebrity you'd have groupies and not have a problem with that :) Then again it would probably be all guys.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's pretty potent stuff even at 50%. Supposedly there is a 98% extract advertised by some Chinese labs but who knows if it's real.

I'm 185 and have taken upwards of a gram of the 50% for extended periods. Didn't have any problems except one incident of light-headedness/blurred vision during a very heavy lift.
the 98% samples we have gotten...aren't.

50 is the most reliable I have seen, though there is a supplier contacting me with a 60. We will see.

I did find a great deal on some 40%, so we might be bringing that in VERY soon until the supply chain mellows out from China.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
hahah i feel for you man. what do you do on the weekends?

i go out but i live in a town of college kids and ugly adults. the college kids i want to strangle. the ugly adults i can tolerate

i need to get my ass up to chicago more often but there are two problems 1) my license is revoked and 2) i need to get permission 9 days in advance from US probation to travel anywhere except the central district of illinois. and then i have to tell them where i am staying, who i will be with, blah blah blah

so now perhaps you can better appreciate my nasty demeanor as of late

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

when you say potent what does it do for you. please be specific.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I'd half think being a celebrity you'd have groupies and not have a problem with that :) Then again it would probably be all guys.

you hit the nail on the f*cking head

jdrannin1

Awards
I've used up to 3 grams of 20% split up into 3 doses. Did that for a while. It's worked great for energy and libido but it lost it's effectiveness after about 6 weeks. It still worked but just not as much as in the beginning. Now I just use 2 grams of 20% before a workout only and I get awesome energy and pumps. I like taking it before a workout better. I've actually built more muscle taking it preworkout than spread throughout the day.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, that blows all kinds of ass. I would have to say deal with the college kids but i've been there and I actually went to sleep instead of hooking up with this female not too long ago because she annoyed the hell out of me. So I feel you there.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I've used up to 3 grams of 20% split up into 3 doses. Did that for a while. It's worked great for energy and libido but it lost it's effectiveness after about 6 weeks. It still worked but just not as much as in the beginning. Now I just use 2 grams of 20% before a workout only and I get awesome energy and pumps. I like taking it before a workout better. I've actually built more muscle taking it preworkout than spread throughout the day.

well then i shall take it preworkout starting today

if i pop wood during bench press you will be hearing back from me

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Man, that blows all kinds of ass. I would have to say deal with the college kids but i've been there and I actually went to sleep instead of hooking up with this female not too long ago because she annoyed the hell out of me. So I feel you there.

funny i probably could have slept with a decent woman last saturday night but she was driving me nuts. she looked away and then i bolted from her drunk ass

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Did I spark your interest in Icariin?

you resparked it. for a long time i would get interested in it from time to time and then something more important would come around and i would forget. kinda like sex/women

little lats

Awards

Your over 30 you should really start thinking of looking at the mom's. JUST a suggestion... :)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, the last one I dated was 27 and working on a Masters degree...You apparently think college women=18. You may want to expand on your thought process.JUST a suggestion...:)

little lats

Awards
Have you tried a higher dosages since going down to 2 grams? Or are you comfortable that your getting the best results keeping the same dosage?

little lats

Awards
Well, the last one I dated was 27 and working on a Masters degree...You're apparently think college women=18. You may want to expand on your thought process...JUST a suggestion...:)
lol... yep your probably right but my wife would kill me... Mine is 6 years younger. :)

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
are there negative side effects reported at dosages above a certain threshold?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Icariin has some PDE-5 inhibition, so I would say side effects would run that way (congestion, headache, blood from rectum, etc.)

Still a new compound at these purities, so I don't think anyone has a definite cutoff for dosage.

jdrannin1

Awards
I took 4 grams for close to a week once and had a constant headache. Gave me the ****s too.

jdrannin1

Awards
Have you tried a higher dosages since going down to 2 grams? Or are you comfortable that your getting the best results keeping the same dosage?
Since I just take it PreWorkout, I've used anywhere from 500mg to 2.5 grams. 2.5 grams gave me a headache everytime. So I just lowered it to 2 grams and no headaches. It hasnt lost effectiveness so I dont plan on changing the amount.

little lats

Awards
Since I just take it PreWorkout, I've used anywhere from 500mg to 2.5 grams. 2.5 grams gave me a headache everytime. So I just lowered it to 2 grams and no headaches. It hasnt lost effectiveness so I dont plan on changing the amount.

Thank you

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
i need to get permission 9 days in advance from US probation to travel anywhere except the central district of illinois. and then i have to tell them where i am staying, who i will be with, blah blah blah
Crap that sucks. I can just see the form sheet now:

Who will you be with?
- How the f@%k do I know? Pretty much any attractive female I meet will be fair game. Can I just cover the bases with: Jenna, Heather, Angela, Tracy, Amy, Stephanie, Candy and KiKi? Do I get a fine if I don't end up "with" any of the girls?

Ouch - I feel for you man. (Although your excuse is much better than mine, lol)

BTW - although pricey, I did enjoy 11-oxo (3 bottles).
I took it with some other stuff, so it's difficult to pinpoint which product(s) specifically made the most difference - but something worked, and that's all I cared about.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
i go out but i live in a town of college kids and ugly adults. the college kids i want to strangle. the ugly adults i can tolerate

i need to get my ass up to chicago more often but there are two problems 1) my license is revoked and 2) i need to get permission 9 days in advance from US probation to travel anywhere except the central district of illinois. and then i have to tell them where i am staying, who i will be with, blah blah blah

so now perhaps you can better appreciate my nasty demeanor as of late
Man thats brutal....feel for ya bro

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would probally run it 400mg the first time to access you tolerance - I'm sure you don't want to splat crap all over the place during a heavy lift. Any thing above 500mg gives me the shiits something fierce! Of course that is with 50%...

Let us know how it works out for ya

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
unfortunately Icariin is not soluble in water so it appears we won't be able to include it in clear shot

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
when you say potent what does it do for you. please be specific.
Most notable is vasodialation of ..everything. Muscles become way more inflated, vascularity increases dramatically, my unit hangs way lower. There also seems to be some thermogenic ability as I feel warm/hot all the time..though that might just be me as I was running a bit high in the thyroid department at the time.

Increase in cardio perfomance and slight increase in strength.

Makes workouts fun..the way arginine products are supposed to but don't for long. Pumps last for upwards of 8-24 hours and sometimes longer.

Downside..coldsores can be a problem due to the sustained NO upregulation.

jdrannin1

Awards
unfortunately Icariin is not soluble in water so it appears we won't be able to include it in clear shot
It could just be shaken up and chugged back. Add caramel color to hide the herb floating around in the bottle. Make it look like pop maybe? Whenever I can afford ClearShot I pick it up. Best energy drink so far!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
If you take too much you might turn into a Faun :toofunny:

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Most notable is vasodialation of ..everything. Muscles become way more inflated, vascularity increases dramatically, my unit hangs way lower. There also seems to be some thermogenic ability as I feel warm/hot all the time..though that might just be me as I was running a bit high in the thyroid department at the time.

Increase in cardio perfomance and slight increase in strength.

Makes workouts fun..the way arginine products are supposed to but don't for long. Pumps last for upwards of 8-24 hours and sometimes longer.

Downside..coldsores can be a problem due to the sustained NO upregulation.
i also get the thermogenic effect from it.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So are you going to be trying the 20% or 50%, Patrick?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
It could just be shaken up and chugged back. Add caramel color to hide the herb floating around in the bottle. Make it look like pop maybe? Whenever I can afford ClearShot I pick it up. Best energy drink so far!

i am not gonna sell a drink with visible sediment in it. also, ensuring homogeneity during production so that each bottle gets the same amount of insolubles is just too difficult

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
it upregulates hypothalamus adrenal cortex (I think that's the proper term for it)
the cortex is where the adrenal steroids are made.

the medulla is where the adrenal catecholamines are made

for thermogenic efffect you would be talking about the latter

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find vasodilation also contributes to a perception of increased body heat.

Technically, I suppose it would as well, since increase in vasodilation exposes more blood to cooler temperatures, which would make the body work harder to maintain regulated body temp.