Supplementing While Sick

1. Supplementing While Sick

Simple enough question:

Do you continue your supplements when you are sick?

I was just bit by the Summer bug on Monday afternoon. I end up dropping all but the most basic supplements such as multivitamins and protein powder if I can stomach it. When I am sick (not sniffles or general aches, I am talking about the unable to breath, colored crud from your nose, dripping in your chest, unable to sleep well variety) I do not eat anywhere near my typical diet, currently I have not eaten anything since Monday at 2pm, and do not exercise on schedule, I made Monday but skipped yesterday and will most likely skip today. It makes sense to me to not take the additional supps since I am not feeding the body or exercising to make use of it.

What do you do when you get sick?

2. i take a sh!t load of glutamine and vitamin c also i use Tom Mannos enzyme because it greatly enhances your bodies white blood cell count.
    •   

3. I just recovered from a brutal 24 hour flu bug. I couldn't stomach much of anything and even water made me want to puke. I basically ate ice chips all day yesterday. I was dehydrated as h*ll. No supps really. I finally got a bowl of cereal and a protein shake in me last night, but I dropped 3 pounds of water weight in a day and a half. And now I'm trying to figure out how best to get back on track for my workouts.

So, for a flu-like illness, I can't take any supplements at all. Maybe that's just me, but if anything I ingest is barely slowing down long enough to wave hello to my stomach, then what's the point? Once I was able to keep down some solids last night, I popped a multi-v.

As for other cold-like illnesses, I typically keep supps the same and mega-dose vitamin c. I also like astragalus root as an immune system booster.

4. I had the same thought pattern as to why it might be a waste to continue on the sups.

I will look into your suggestion of astragalus root as I have not heard of that one before.

Thanks,

5. I would probably take as little as possible.. and load up on vit C, water etc and rest until you are better
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by ticktwo View Post
    Simple enough question:

Do you continue your supplements when you are sick?

I was just bit by the Summer bug on Monday afternoon. I end up dropping all but the most basic supplements such as multivitamins and protein powder if I can stomach it. When I am sick (not sniffles or general aches, I am talking about the unable to breath, colored crud from your nose, dripping in your chest, unable to sleep well variety) I do not eat anywhere near my typical diet, currently I have not eaten anything since Monday at 2pm, and do not exercise on schedule, I made Monday but skipped yesterday and will most likely skip today. It makes sense to me to not take the additional supps since I am not feeding the body or exercising to make use of it.

What do you do when you get sick?
    I always do Airborne, Vitamin C, and ****aki mushrooms at first hint of sickness. Continuing supps depends on the supp, I wouldn't continue any fat burners or creatine, I would continue any hormone supplements your on to help keep you from crashing.

7. I would concentrate on a good multivitamin product with alpha lipoic acid (to recharge vitamins C and E), echinacea, additional zinc (not more than 60mg per day), and a huge dose of vitamin C (upwards of 5gr spread throughout the day). Not to forget Beta-1, 3-Glucan, the most powerful immune-system enhancer known to science.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Support supplements while on cycle??
    By Lethal in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 12:09 PM
  2. Supplements while on Test???
    By Lethal in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 10:42 PM
  3. anti-aromatase supplements while on cycle
    By focused13 in forum Anabolics