Whats the worst supplement company?

What is the absolute worst supplement company?

• MuscleTech

Votes: 309 55.7%
  • Fizogen

Votes: 154 27.7%
  • other

Votes: 92 16.6%

• Total voters
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fizogen because MuscleTech's products are at least decent (sadly Randy Couture is affiliated with them).

Last edited:
matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I voted for Muscle Tech, but Legal Gear is right by them...

Only product that I ever liked from LG is their reform. Cold EX with BA

And the only MT product was Cell-Tech waaaay back in the day

And don't get me started on FIZOGEN (two words - THE STRAP) end of story

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I gained 50lbs of hard muscle from the oil-bol Strap-on off cycle.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just started taking nitrotech because of the buy one get one deal and i needed some protien stat. At least muscletech has decent supps althought they are overpriced and marketed shady....fizogen :shakes head: pathetic and if you use the m1bol or the on off cycle you are just as pathetic.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dont get me started on the strap either, the inspiration for this thread.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dsade who did you have in mind? someone sponsored on the site?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Animal, The original Superdrol was da Shizit!!! I don't know about the new one.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Muscle-Tech does sell overpriced junk. Mainly all of Muscle-Tech's junk is creatine,amino acids, protein combined with fancy advertising and containers. Thinking about it, they all use ingredients that are proven effective and 10x the cost.

Fizogen is just a fraud.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty much any company with out published studys on there product to me is rubbish. I have been gyped time and time again.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don;t give BSN any real credit, however, I would choose a BSN product of a Muscle-Tech product, but then again that isn't saying much...

There is another company...
"I" be seeing!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Ill take BSN anyday. The prices are hwta hurts them but thats what mainstream is. I never had bad expierience with anthign BSN never tried Nitrix though. As of recent 2 guys i work with actually like it, but they suck.....anyways. Fizogen is worse. What about Six Star? Their creatine, protein and stuff. WalMart brand? The protein is not that good as far as effectiveness.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
does MT's hydroxycut still contain HCA in it? The stuff that numerous studies have shown to be ineffective for weightloss?

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude, I got shredded with the original! But the "new and improved" version sucks!

does MT's hydroxycut still contain HCA in it? The stuff that numerous studies have shown to be ineffective for weightloss?

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
I tried nitrix... got it for super cheap... I didn't see any results until I got off it, I think it just took awhile to kick in I had some crazy shoulder veins comming out but its not really worth the price and I don't know how much it really helps fizogen and muscletech tho are both in a league of their own

opfor101

opfor101

Banned
Awards
So who wins the prize?
i believe that muscletechs products are very overpriced and over advertised but it at least does work.

fizogen, haha just get the strap, you'll feel its power hahaa

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, I got shredded with the original! But the "new and improved" version sucks!
That's because, despite the name, hydroxycitric acid was not the active component. It was (you guessed it) EPHEDRINE!!!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I <3 BSN!
I >4 BSN!

:lol: I still don't see how that's supposed to be a heart. I just don't like BSN because they use the "carpet bombing approach" with their formulations. Their products "carpet bomb" you with a barrage of ingredients, most of which aren't very effective, a lot of which don't have much science behind it, and all cost a lot of money to pay for the extra ingredients, Ronnie's Paychecks, and the BSN name.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I find BSN to be a better buy vs. Muscle-Tech. The NO-XPLODE made me jittery but I had the 'stimulant feeling', the Syntha-6 samples I used tasted good too, and the Endorush that I keep buying (which pays for Ronnie's paycheck) is still amazing till today.

Muscle-Tech stuff is pretty close to junk. There is nothing about them that even makes them worth noting. At least BSN has Endorush. Muscle-Tech has Cell-Tech.

Have you seen how much %$# sugar they put in that ? Then they say take 2 %$# scoops ? Are you $#@ kidding me ? Hello Type-2 diabetes here I come.

BSN is better than Muscle-Tech any day.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, but I think they still fall into the 'hype' category. And I think NO products are garbage, but that's just me.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
All companies that have IFBB pros do is piggyback the pro for all they are worth, then when they feel the pro is no longer marketable they ditch them.

Its not so much the pros I blame, they need to make a living, and some of these companies pay them good money. It is how the company profits off of marketing/advertising/false claims vs. quality products.

In the end it is really the consumer who loses out either with 0 gains and a lighter wallet.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty much any company with out published studys on there product to me is rubbish. I have been gyped time and time again.
that's kinda your fault as a consumer you should look into things.....i have been guilty of this too but for the most part i know if something is worth buying and what is not.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"I" be seeing!
hmmmmmmm:think:.............

All companies that have IFBB pros do is piggyback the pro for all they are worth, then when they feel the pro is no longer marketable they ditch them.

Its not so much the pros I blame, they need to make a living, and some of these companies pay them good money. It is how the company profits off of marketing/advertising/false claims vs. quality products.

In the end it is really the consumer who loses out either with 0 gains and a lighter wallet.

Whenever anyone talks to me at the gym or asks me about something, I always make sure I let them know the 'list' of companies to avoid and not to buy their products. It's the least I can do.
having a lighter wallet is also the consumers fault but it goes both ways. I just wish there were less idiots paying top dollar for this crap so they wouldnt be such HUGE companies.

I think BSN is an alright company. they are mainstream and overpriced at times but not if you know where to get the stuff. Im not a fan of BSN but syntha6 i cant pass up. which reminds me.......

people come up to you and ask you things in the gym all the time? Ive only been approached once for conversation i think...maybe i look like a mean person lol.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
people come up to you and ask you things in the gym all the time? Ive only been approached once for conversation i think...maybe i look like a mean person lol.
Maybe you just need a little more cosmetic surgery?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
hmmmmmmm:think:.............

having a lighter wallet is also the consumers fault but it goes both ways. I just wish there were less idiots paying top dollar for this crap so they wouldnt be such HUGE companies.

I think BSN is an alright company. they are mainstream and overpriced at times but not if you know where to get the stuff. Im not a fan of BSN but syntha6 i cant pass up. which reminds me.......

I have to agree with you. I put BSN above a lot of other companies b/c with their products they actually make an effort to put something good out. The Syntha-6 packet that I tasted was probably the best tasting protein out there. I have tried too many milk flavors like chocolate, vanilla, stawberry, etc, etc but Syntha-6 is extremely good.

No I don't get approached all the time, in fact its only been like 3-4 times specifically in the gym. The rest of the times its just whenever my friends, their friend's friends, etc, etc....ask.

norm2k

Awards
CEll-Tech Hardcore should be renamed

I say MuscleTech because of Cell-Tech Hardcore. I was taking it for about a month. I got a horrible rash all over my body. I thought I had a reaction to my soap so I switched (thank God its not cause I love Dove). When my rash only got worse, I decided to go to the emergency room (called my doctor and that was her recommendation). The doctors couldn't figure it out and one of their tests was a blood sugar test. I can't remember what it was but the doctor was sure I had diabetes. He told me to cut sugars and carbs out of my diet. I started counting sugar and that is when I noticed 75grams of sugar. OUCH! I cut Cell-Tech out of my diet and no rash! Like magic! I switched to NP bulk CEE and never looked back. BTW, I was able to get a free meter from my insurance since my doctor thought I had diabetes and my average blood sugar level is about 83. The highest I have seen it is 104 (after a meal) and the lowest is 63 (fasted cardio in the morning, I was curious)

Sorry if this is total crap to some of you but I just had to share my war story. Moral of the story: Count Sugar People! Sugar may enhance Creatine greatly but the consequences make it just not worth it.

While I have the attention of all you creatine veterans, anyone know of a way to stop the creatine bloat? I get strong as hell but my girl tells me I look fat.

OH Yeah, Cell-Tech's new name:
Cell-Tech Hardcore should be renamed to Diabetes-Tech Saw your leg off and make you go blind Hardcore. (My GF's father is blind thanks to diabetes and one of my coworkers father lost a leg to it.)

:donut:

BTW, AM Rocks!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are getting bloat from CEE?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I already address this issue.

Muscle-Tech's creatine product Cell-Tech is actually called 'Self-Induced Type II Diabetes-Tech'

norm2k

Awards
You are getting bloat from CEE?
yeah, actually any type of creatine.
CEE = bloat
(for the record, CEE gives less bloat but it's still noticeable.)
CMono = super bloat + super runs :dump:
Creatine AKG or Kre-Alkalyn = bloat

my definition of bloat is puffy face, small belly, puffy chest that kinda looks like muscle but kinda looks like fat. I respond that way to creatine. I was hoping to find a magic bullet that lets me get the energy, strenght and size from creatine but without the bloat. I feel like I weigh 1000 pounds while I am on creatine. When I cycle off of it for 2 weeks I deflate via the rectal canal, kinda like a faucet. :dump:

thanks for any advice!

norm2k

Awards
I already address this issue.

Muscle-Tech's creatine product Cell-Tech is actually called 'Self-Induced Type II Diabetes-Tech'
:icon_lol:

I wish I would have read that post before. A friend got it for me for free, 2 big jugs. I gave most of it away. It tastes great by the way.

I just found this place so I am now reading a lot and learning from you vets so please keep sharing your knowledge. Funny how there isn't any flaming the poor noobs on this board like on most other sites. that is actually the reason I am planning to stick around. (no flaming except for one poor guy, who shall remain nameless, that had issues with his age and kept getting burned for it.)

BTW, I did not mean to imply my gf's and coworkers pop's diabetes was caused by Cell-Tech. I was just letting you guys know what the consequences of diabetes are.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I know I was just kidding about the diabetes thing. I remember I had some Cell-Tech I got about a year ago (sept 06) and I remembered when I took it, it was so damn sweet it was to the point where it was nauseating.

After about the 2nd time I only used one scoop of it. The 2 scoops of Cell-Tech is ridiculous. I looked at the sugar content about 1 week after I got it and couldn't believe how much sugar was in it.

I finish about half the big tub then threw it away. The fruit punch was ok tasting, but the sugar plus the creatine monohydrate (which also makes me nauseated) just really pushed me over. Oh well.

SCID

Awards
Have you seen how much %$# sugar they put in that ? Then they say take 2 %$# scoops ? Are you $#@ kidding me ? Hello Type-2 diabetes here I come.

BSN is better than Muscle-Tech any day.

Yeh each scoop of cell-tech hxc has about 75 grams of sugar, serving size is 2 scoops...how many servings per day you ask? 2.

I gotta agree with BSN being better than muscle-tech, syntha-6 is tasty, as is their weight gainer, and NO-Xplode never worked for me, it's over hyped and over priced.
I use to be addicted to the endorush buuuut I switched over to xyience's little green apple energy drink, I work at a vitamin store I get this stuff for....a good price lol.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
I say muscletech, soley because of the fact that I just saw an add in Men's Fitness for Cell Tech that promised to "add 48lbs to your max barbell curl". Hmm, who is that marketing too?

True story

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
"the strap" gave me mastery over gravity and helped me to levitate.

BullzEye

BullzEye

Awards
Muscle-Tech does sell overpriced junk. Mainly all of Muscle-Tech's junk is creatine,amino acids, protein combined with fancy advertising and containers.
protein/creatine/amino acids are overpriced junk ay?? :gotsearch

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
those that voted other...care to share. Fizogen is tough to beat.

Beige

Awards
  • Established
my favorite is how when they advertise their latest cee pills and NO pills they anounced "the return of oil based anabolics"...

YES!

Deccadick

Deccadick

Awards
Worst scam artist supplement companies in order
1. EAS
2. Biotest
3. Muscletech

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna have to say Fizogen is the worst, muscletech a close second, and vyo-tech and LG bringing up a tie for 3rd place.