WTF is Testofen?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I skimmed past a few writeups on Testofen, and they look VERY impressive.....almost too good to be true. Well, I tried to run a few searches on Testofen and even just Fenusides (testofen seems to be a fenuside matrix). Google scholar and pubmed just laugh at me :sad:. There's no citations in the scivation writeup for Fenutest regarding testofen. Just wondering if anyone else has seen something I've missed.

There seems to be a small following for testofen, and I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth dropping some change to check it out.

Thanks
:smite: thesinner

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I skimmed past a few writeups on Testofen, and they look VERY impressive.....almost too good to be true. Well, I tried to run a few searches on Testofen and even just Fenusides (testofen seems to be a fenuside matrix). Google scholar and pubmed just laugh at me :sad:. There's no citations in the scivation writeup for Fenutest regarding testofen. Just wondering if anyone else has seen something I've missed.

There seems to be a small following for testofen, and I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth dropping some change to check it out.

Thanks
:smite: thesinner
Gencor's site doesnt seem to reference any studies. Looks like an interesting herbal test booster. Is this new? I'm assuming its not but I dunno...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It came out a year or so ago. Scivation recently dropped it's FenoTest line (which testofen was a big hitter in it). There's a lot of push for NP to carry bulk testofen, and a competator site already carries some.

Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out how good it is.

animalkrack3r

Awards
I believe they have ISA-TEST w/ Testofen Now.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gencor's site doesnt seem to reference any studies. Looks like an interesting herbal test booster. Is this new? I'm assuming its not but I dunno...
They recently released data on a clinical trial with Testofen(done at the expense of Gencor themselves). I don't beleive it's actually been published(if it where it would have shown up on pubmed), and the fact that all you see about the positive effects(and marketing) of the fenusides comes from this trial makes me a little iffy.

It has, however, been known for a long time that fenugreek has some potent actions to it in regards to hormone upregulation, which is why I'm STILL curious about this specific extract.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I took this from vitacost.com, they still had no actually study to reference. I'm not sure if there is a typo in it or what b/c they say they gave men 600mg's then at the end it says 300mg's:

As men age, our testosterone levels drop, and with this comes loss of muscle mass and other functions. This product contains powerful nutrients, including a standardized form of fenugreek called Testofen™. There was a human clinical trial performed on Testofen™, although to my knowledge, it has not yet been published.

Briefly, the study involved 60 individuals given either 600 mg a day of Testofen™ or placebo. Men between the ages of 18 and 35 years who worked out on a regular basis were involved in this eight-week study. It was found at the end of the study, that individuals who received the Testofen™ 300 mg twice a day had over a 98% increase in free testosterone levels compared to the placebo group.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They recently released data on a clinical trial with Testofen(done at the expense of Gencor themselves). I don't beleive it's actually been published(if it where it would have shown up on pubmed), and the fact that all you see about the positive effects(and marketing) of the fenusides comes from this trial makes me a little iffy.

It has, however, been known for a long time that fenugreek has some potent actions to it in regards to hormone upregulation, which is why I'm STILL curious about this specific extract.
Me too, me too

It sounds a little too good to be true, but I'm all ears if any further info can come my way.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fenotest is an awesome test-booster. It has very similar effects to nettle on strength and body comp.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fenotest is an awesome test-booster. It has very similar effects to nettle on strength and body comp.
That's the message I got the study rpen22 posted. I'm still curious as to how it works. From the things I've read, it seems to function more similarly to Icariin.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought you were a fenotest fan. I guess I was right.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's the message I got the study rpen22 posted. I'm still curious as to how it works. From the things I've read, it seems to function more similarly to Icariin.
From what I've read their theory seems to stem from it's possible abilities to increase ACTH, leading to a supposed increase in androgen release for test conversion and it's structural capabilities to possibly activate ARs. Again, this is all theories that the supplier of the compound is, well, supplying. Anecdotal feedback on the product has been relatively positive which tells us it's doing something, but enough of the theories... can we get some facts!! :duel:

P.S. Any one wonder why they do not site their animal study references.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I've always thought Testofen was a fancied up name for Fenugreek extract................. am I wrong?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope, that's pretty much it in a nut shell. Fenugreek standarized for active fenuside saponins. Hence the name TestoFEN.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always thought Testofen was a fancied up name for Fenugreek extract................. am I wrong?
you're not wrong, but it appears to be a specific extract for certain saponins.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Ok, I see what you guys are getting at. Nothing to see here... carry on with your business...

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Scivation said it may possibly add it in a future product. For now bulk from NP would be good.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, I see what you guys are getting at. Nothing to see here... carry on with your business...
keep in mind, however, that the infamous fenugreek most people take during post cycle therapy is approximately <1% of these saponins. Dosing 1000-2000mg per day of fenugreek seed is going to be a lot less than what's being dosed with Testofen, even in the studies. It's bad practice to throw out an idea until you can prove it wrong.......just let it sit on the backburner until more info comes out. :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm saying that we can't throw out the idea of something without enough research suggesting that it's worthless.....but I'm certainly not gonna fund the research.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Just to clarify: I wasn't saying anything negative about it, or throwing out the idea...........

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Biotest threw their Carbolin-19 in their T-Booster and in their Fat Burner.

Both of them good stuff.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Biotest threw their Carbolin-19 in their T-Booster and in their Fat Burner.

Both of them good stuff.
Carbolin-19 is a forskolin extract. And after reading some of 'their sponsored research', it seems a little skeptical to me. I'm not saying it doesn't work (I'm quite a forskolin fan, in fact), just that I think they're hyping up a bit too much.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Carbolin-19 is a forskolin extract. And after reading some of 'their sponsored research', it seems a little skeptical to me. I'm not saying it doesn't work (I'm quite a forskolin fan, in fact), just that I think they're hyping up a bit too much.
Uh, yeah that is why I mentioned it ;)

Anywho, the fat burner is off the hook, and the T-Booster is solid, but not the best out there.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Anywho, the fat burner is off the hook, and the T-Booster is solid, but not the best out there.
this thread is about a fenugreek extract. I'm sorry, but at least one of us is confused right now.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
this thread is about a fenugreek extract. I'm sorry, but at least one of us is confused right now.
Yes. I am :icon_lol:

My mind is in the other thread...Ok, I have taken Fenugreek for cutting, suggested by Charles Poliquin. Other than making my piss smell like maple syrup, I can't say it did much???

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

What is biotest's test booster called?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just found a decently priced extract, which will take around 6 weeks lead time...but once I get the green light from Sam, we should be able to offer a 60% extract in bulk.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just found a decently priced extract, which will take around 6 weeks lead time...but once I get the green light from Sam, we should be able to offer a 60% extract in bulk.
Testofen is a 50% extract correct, if so how did you find a higher extract.

All I need is Bulk DHB as my last peice in my herbal concoction.

Per dose/ 4 dose per day
Coeus Forsholii 20% 60mg
DHB 75mg
LongJax 20:1 300mg
Nettle Root 95% 400mg
Icariin 50:1 150mg
Testofen 150mg

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
fenugreek extract standardized for 60% Fenuside Saponins.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
fenugreek extract standardized for 60% Fenuside Saponins.

Ohh this is a good thing, I like higher extracts especially LongJax. (had to through it in there)

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Any word on this yet its been about 6 weeks?

shakti

Awards
dunno about the specifics of testofen but i have been taking fenugreek extract (50% fenusides) amongst other things (safed musli, cissus, mucuna,trib,shatawari).My training and diet has been anything but upto the mark cuz of travelling etc...so far i have lost 5lbs and gained a bit of strength, i cant attribute the weight loss to my diet as i am eating lots of sweets ( donuts eclairs etc)usually on this diet i loose strength.
i think testofen should be great for recomp or cutting.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
I took this from vitacost.com, they still had no actually study to reference. I'm not sure if there is a typo in it or what b/c they say they gave men 600mg's then at the end it says 300mg's:
300mg twice per day.

I bought 2 bottles because they were selling it off for only $10 per bottle but I haven't tried it yet.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
so a nettle testofen mix would be quite effective?

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
I've never taken both together as they both do the same thing, so not sure if taking both would increase results..I like to stack "Stoked" with Testofen to get a nice overall test boost as well as boosting free test.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I've never taken both together as they both do the same thing, so not sure if taking both would increase results..I like to stack "Stoked" with Testofen to get a nice overall test boost as well as boosting free test.
thats the remix of the post cycle formula isnt it?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
same ingredients but different name. They wanted people to know that the stuff is also good while not on pct...so they came out with STOKED!

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
BB.com has an IDS TestoFEN product, I saw. I was thinking about buying it for a while, and still might try it out.

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
Phyto-Testosterone has Testofen. check out the link

AnabolicAlpha

Awards

That study is'nt real I bet and it seems really really fake or atleast performed by people who were the suppliers it seems. NOT a real scientific medical study done by a university or anything like that and even university studies are kinda biased alot even!!!:toilet:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The study is real. It was performed at Hebrew University in Jerusalem, IIRC, and sponsored by Scivation.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that would be very much liek testopro, im currently taking that HCGenerate and Sustain Alpha for my PCT and im liking it so far, but its only been a week hoping strength goes up next week though!!! strength=muscle mass if food is down