RPM = Insomnia

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, I recently started RPM. First off I definetly like it a whole lot. I won't say I am head over heals raving like a lunatic like my good friend is BUT it definetly has given me my passion for working out back. The good is that I feel the same drive and passion for working out that I use to have and I cant thank AN enough for that gift. The bad is that eventhough I have had the luxury of working out earlier than usual (4pm now), I still can't sleep at "night" until 430am!

Now sleep has always been a major issue for me but normally even without any assistance I can fall asleep by 230am and with some help I can sleep around 1230am. I spoke with a friend who wants to build a small temple to RPM and he admits that despite his undying man crush on RPM, he can't sleep at night too.

I am just wondering, how can I not be getting super stimulated during peak activity (enough and a great feeling but not like a major stim OD which is nice) and still not be able to sleep. Is there anything that can be done?

P.S. Oops I forgot I am 225 and tend to have a decent stim tolerance so 5 seems to be a perfect dose besides this sleep problem.

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
Take 2 about 2-3 hours before workout then take 3 an hour before workout and see what that does for you.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This happens to me sometimes too. I'm guessing it's because of the Naringin increasing the half-life of the caffeine and chocamine, because RPM is really the only stim that I get it from and I have a high stim tolerance. Maybe try splitting up the doses and making your last dose earlier in the day kinda like what Ronnie said.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have tried 3 in the morning in place of coffee ect and get zero kick but atleast am not asleep so I wonder if a lower dose will help. I'll try but if it doesn't work for working out AND allow me to sleep then it might not be for me which I would hate because like I said RPM isn't a super strong stim but it does give me that "passion" back.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have tried 3 in the morning in place of coffee ect and get zero kick but atleast am not asleep so I wonder if a lower dose will help. I'll try but if it doesn't work for working out AND allow me to sleep then it might not be for me which I would hate because like I said RPM isn't a super strong stim but it does give me that "passion" back.
I tend to agree with the suggestions of the earlier contributors that you might want to consider taking your RPM doses earlier in the day. This might be a more viable option than taking lower doses, as this may influence the quality of your workout by giving you less "passion" than you crave, amongst others. Considering that the effects are cumulative, taking the full dose earlier in the day should not present any disadvantages. This might, of course, imply that you would have to do your workout earlier, if your schedule permits this. Taking RPM six to seven hours before sleep might ensure that RPM is not necessarily equal to Insomnia. Good luck!

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It may not be "just" the RPM - When someone begins a new or more intense work out regimen, the body tends to try to compensate for it's extra output by releasing certain chemicals that provide the body with boosts (and sometimes long) gains in energy. Give it some time and I'm sure you will be just fine. The good thing about RPM is that you don't just have to take it just before your work out, but rather split the doses up and get an cumulative effect. This is one of the only pre -work out stims allows you to do so. Basically, give your body a chance to adapt - because you would be suprised how complex chemicals are within the body.

Good luck!

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I am going to try splitting up the doses now that I am not working at night anymore. I used to be able to pop 6 rpm, have an INSANE supersetting super-sweating workout at 4pm, eat like a mad man postworkout, then i was workin til 230am. STILL could not get to sleep til about 5am. I have been splitting up the doses now, but the workout kick i used to get is not as profound.

Naven

Awards
I would imagine adding some Theanine in the evening would take some of the edge off of the caffiene, if that's what's causing the insomnia.

Not sure if you've tried Ergo AMP or not, but that makes me workout like a banshee, then I sleep like a baby after - it provides a profound calmness after your workout. Great stuff.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would imagine adding some Theanine in the evening would take some of the edge off of the caffiene, if that's what's causing the insomnia.

Not sure if you've tried Ergo AMP or not, but that makes me workout like a banshee, then I sleep like a baby after - it provides a profound calmness after your workout. Great stuff.
I would also suggest melatonin (3-6 mg per night), plus Lipo-PM- you probably will not have any more sleep issues after this....:cheers:

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lipo-PM does the trick for me!

Ahhhh... where's DRIVE?

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's what I thought.... hmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting:study:

He said first week of september and last I checked the first week of september will be up in a few short days.:ntome:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would also suggest melatonin (3-6 mg per night), plus Lipo-PM- you probably will not have any more sleep issues after this....:cheers:
Jarrow Formulations has a great blend with Melatonin, Magnesium, and Vitamin B. I've noticed pretty impressive improvements of sleep, as far as waking up not groggy at all, etc.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
He said first week of september and last I checked the first week of september will be up in a few short days.:ntome:
Did he state this? Let's revise..... and say mid September..... unless the planets align just right in the mean time..........

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
Did he state this? Let's revise..... and say mid September..... unless the planets align just right in the mean time..........
Yeah it was back in the first week of august. I was excited as Im starting my PCT right now but im left lifeless even with RPM! I need some of this drive you speak of:cheers: :bb2:

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
Its a race between this or SuperdrolNG.:think: :bruce3:

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Alright well i took approx 1.5-2 weeks off training due to injuries and I pray I am back now. Today I took 2 caps at 11:30am and 3 at 3:30pm. For the last few days I have been sleeping like a BABY, I never sleep like I have been and its actually been odd and almost scary. Well Today it is now 2:30am and I am still wide awake... i think I may try 3 RMP in the AM and 2 later on Wends and if that doesnt work do 3 and 1.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
4:30am is coming around.... cricket, cricket... Yeah going senile/*****ing. Maybe I need some Glycine like Pat Arn says to take PWO.

Here is me playing my whining violin :whiner:

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Have ya tried using Gaba.I'm currently taking 5gms before going to bed and been having excellent deep sleep.

If I've been taking stims I also pop a 3mg of melatonin with the gaba and find I get to sleep fairly easily.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Have ya tried using Gaba.I'm currently taking 5gms before going to bed and been having excellent deep sleep.

If I've been taking stims I also pop a 3mg of melatonin with the gaba and find I get to sleep fairly easily.
I am on the fence with Gaba but I actually think it gives me energy. Could be an ADD thing. Melatonin works but it makes me sleepy the entire next day. I even have lunesta if need be because of my past sleep issues but thats the thing that bothers me, until i restarted the RPM I was getting the best sleep of my life for the last week.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
GABA gives me energy, too. I'm curiou to see if Nimus Abyss will work for me - seeing how X-Dream did not

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
If you take your RPM in the morning you will develope a tolerance to it after a week or so...that or you'll be so so tired from sleep deprivation that you'll simply pass out at your normal bedtime.

I had major insomnia from the first few doses of RPM..the caffiene definitely was lingering in my system for a good long time, but I did get used to it pretty quickly.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
GABA gives me energy, too. I'm curiou to see if Nimus Abyss will work for me - seeing how X-Dream did not
Based on the feedback, I think stacking RPM and Abyss is going to be the next big trend. While I have yet to test it, it would seem that these two together would provide the user the best of both worlds! :cheers:

I think you'll be pleased Mathew. Be sure and keep us posted on your results! :thumbsup:

Workin

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I took RPM in the AM the last two days and besides not getting to bed until 6am "yesterday" I also have been dizzy as hell the last 2 days. I am starting to think RPM just isnt for me which is nuts because I use to have such a high stim tolerance and am a classic non-responder to everything and get very few side effects off of anything.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I took RPM in the AM the last two days and besides not getting to bed until 6am "yesterday" I also have been dizzy as hell the last 2 days. I am starting to think RPM just isnt for me which is nuts because I use to have such a high stim tolerance and am a classic non-responder to everything and get very few side effects off of anything.

It could be, I thought I was pretty tolerant to caffeine given that I've been drinking coffee since age 9...but this stuff lights the fires and kicks the tires in a way no other stim does. Fortunately, like I said, I got used to it sleep-wise and the stim part is very euphoric for me.

The dizziness is probably due to the vasodialatory properties lowering your BP. If you already have low BP..you'll likely feel it more.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
An RPM experience i'd like to share.

I wanted to take some a couple of times before going out on the town in order to keep me awake since I was designated driver. Both times I felt the best ever while supplementing with it. Don't get me wrong, it has a bang anyhow but when taken at 11pm "I was on top of the world." I since wondered if this would have to do with the T:E ratios in the male body at that time of day, from the charts apparantly Test is on the rise at that time

I had no trouble sleeping when arriving home at 3AM either.

Cheers

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Excellent supp for long drives..I agree. It has replaced ephedrine in that category for me.

Although being horny when you are driving alone is kinda irritating.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Excellent supp for long drives..I agree. It has replaced ephedrine in that category for me.

Although being horny when you are driving alone is kinda irritating.
Pull over then:think: