prohormone?

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
im a whopping 146lb(lol im trying) 8%bf and have been at it for about 1 1/2 yrs im 27 yrs old and my diet is clean with a little more than 125 grams of protein per day. ive taken the normal creatine/n0 but have not gotten good gains at all. i would consider myself to be a hard gainer. can somebody give advice on a ph stack. im open to constuctive criticism as well.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
post your diet and it will help us a TON!

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
Yea post your diet up because just from what you said it looks like you could possibly be eating more, at least consuming more protein. Someone of your weight should be consuming somewhere between 225 and 300 grams of protein a day in my opinion.

doluseb

Awards
Listen to those above. 125g of protein is nowhere near enough protein for your weight. Double it and I guarantee you'll gain weight.

Also, imo a lean 150lbs is awesome. I've seen 150 pounders that look ungodly and were ungodly strong to boot. One other thing, this won't be a deciding factor, but it's good to know anyway: what is your height?

metalman302

metalman302

Awards
LMAO @ you guy's who cry "I need juice/PH/PS because I can't get big.... BTW I can't gain weight either"

I always hear guys making this complaint.

DUDE...... juice/PH/PS does not magically make you gain weight and size. And you're not gonna get big without gaining weight.

I'm not gonna be like everyone else and tell you that you're too small to do PH, if you wanna speed up your gains then go for it. But seriously, 8% BF, you need to eat like a horse weather you're natural or on PH. BTW do your reseach on PH first.

Good luck

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im a whopping 146lb(lol im trying) 8%bf and have been at it for about 1 1/2 yrs im 27 yrs old and my diet is clean with a little more than 125 grams of protein per day. ive taken the normal creatine/n0 but have not gotten good gains at all. i would consider myself to be a hard gainer. can somebody give advice on a ph stack. im open to constuctive criticism as well.
I don't recommend PHing it until you've had at least 3 years of solid training under your belt, but that's just me.

I don't believe in the term "hard gainer"; however, I do believe in the term "impatient gainer".

125 grams of protein per day seems low, even for someone who only weighs 146lbs.

Post your training and diet scheme and we will for sure be able to help you out.

Dalamara

Awards
Let me guess, the next reply will say "but I just can't eat anymore!"

GymRat990

Awards
Trust me bro, I used to be in the same boat I'm graduated high school in 2003 weighing around 135-140lbs with around 12%bd and I've been trainning since 2002 continuously, with the occasional off time because of joining the military. You gotta EAT EAT EAT!!!! Lots of protien too, I'm 170lbs not and other than Tribibuls and ZMA over the last year and protien and a mulit-v all along never taken anything else. Just EAT continuously and lots of protien!!!

Bier

Bier

Awards
PH isn't going to help you if you dont have good diet.

Eat.. then eat some more..and when you cant eat anymore...eat some more again.

2 grams of protein per lb of body weight. About same in carb <<<--- correct me if i am misinformed.

nphocus

Banned
Awards
to be huge, you have to eat huge and lift huge

dude, ****ing eat. it's as simple as that. 5-6 meals per day. As much protein as you can choke down. 125 grams isn't **** on ****. Try this, 6 Jumbo eggs, whole with two scoops of your favorite Whey protein Isolate. That is 740 calories, give or take depending on your whey. That's about 6-10gr carbs, 24gr of fats, 88 gr of protein. I like the eggs raw and whole, but you can scramble or fry them in some virgin olive oil for some good fat. Eat that as or with 3 of your 5 meals of the day and you are already up 264 gr of protein and 2220 calories.

I eat about 30 raw eggs per day. Raw eggs are 100% bioavailable, completely absorbed within 15-20 minutes of consumption because they are fully digested within the first 2 feet of your intestines, and they are the most perfect protein on this planet, i.e. the gold standard by which every other protein source is measured.

For all those salmonella spewing faggots, EAT LIKE A CAVEMAN!

That's 85% of what you need to gain. The other 15% is Squats, Deadlifts, and Benchpress. Fullbody compound movements. Stay the **** away from machines that isolate bodyparts. Great for that single muscle, but a waste of the 45 minute golden hour you have to build bulk. Google "westside barbell club."

Apply. Rinse. Repeat.

metalman302

metalman302

Awards
Hey nphocus: How do you eat your raw eggs? I eat lots of eggs too, but I can't stomach them raw. The only way I can eat them raw is to mix ONE in a whey protein shake, or mix two with a splash of whole cream and two scoops of protein powder and mix it like pudding. I tried just drinking raw eggs once and the snot like texture nearly made me puke in my kitchen sink.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Hey nphocus: How do you eat your raw eggs? I eat lots of eggs too, but I can't stomach them raw. The only way I can eat them raw is to mix ONE in a whey protein shake, or mix two with a splash of whole cream and two scoops of protein powder and mix it like pudding. I tried just drinking raw eggs once and the snot like texture nearly made me puke in my kitchen sink.
eatting raw eggs isnt a smart idea. First off the health issues involved. eggs should be fully cooked before you eat them. More benefits that way too :)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i dont even know why anyones posting on this telling him to eat. im 95% certian this dudes gonna pick up PH's as a easy way to gain reguardless of what we tell him.

nphocus

Banned
Awards
I likes it raw! Oooh baby I likes it raw!

eatting raw eggs isnt a smart idea. First off the health issues involved. eggs should be fully cooked before you eat them. More benefits that way too :)
[OFF TOPIC]
Do some homework. A cooked egg takes up to 8 hours to fully digest because cooking denatures the protein. In layman's terms, it ties it into ****ing knots that take longer to unravel. It also reduces the bioavailability compared to it's raw state. That means for a given amount you consume, more is excreted as piss and ****, which last time I checked, didn't build muscle. Try eating nothing but raw eggs for a few days and see how much feces you produce. Try doing the same thing with your choice of other protein sources. Then ask yourself where your hard earned jack should be spent.

Don't get me started on raw milk....

On how to eat a raw egg. I compare it to your first time in a sauna. You walk in, look at the temperature gauge, see it's 150 and mentally, you know people aren't supposed to be comfortable at that temperature. It's also like putting your mind into the muscle you are training, instead of just going through the motions. It's mental. I did it for the first couple of times just for the simple mental challenge. Because it's something we are conditioned to accept as nasty, as objectionable. Look at it as a mental challenge, something to overcome. Something that will make you tougher for enduring it, and then the preconceived notions of rawness go away. I find that as you get older, and come into your own as an adult and an individual, you come to realize that just because things appear to be a certain way and people say that things are a certain way, THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THAT IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. Not by a ****ing long shot.

Back to how to eat an egg raw. I crack half a dozen into a tall glass. I either let the eggs sit out for a while, till they reach room temperature, or I let the glass sit around for a while until it's room temperature. The colder the eggs are, the more gelatinous, or snot like, the consistency is. I like them warm because I have sensitive teeth and I don't like cold stuff on them. Once they are room temperature, I start knocking them back from the glass one at a time. For the most part, 1 yolk with white is a gulp. As long as you don't break the yolk, there isn't any flavor. There definitely isn't any bad flavor. If you happen to bust the yolk, it just tastes like a runny yolk when you have eggs sunny side up. Eat them warm and you shouldn't have a problem. Consider it an exercise in mental toughness. Call it not being a pussy. I carry a carton of 18 eggs with me to work every day. I do desktop and network support for the federal reserve. It use to be a topic of conversation when I would start cracking eggs at my desk while everyone else was having their cup O'noodles or whatever **** on a shingle they were serving in the cafeteria. I look at them and I look at me. I look at the house they've built with their diet and lifestyle. Then I look at mine. I prefer mine.

Btw, eggs only get refrigerated in the US. Overseas, eggs are kept at room temperature on a counter or a shelf, even in the grocery store. Last time I checked, hens don't refrigerate their eggs either. Check into the history of WHY we refrigerate and pasturize and ask yourself if any of those reasons had to do with providing a better product to the consumer, or squeezing the last profit percentage from a faulty product.

metalman302

metalman302

Awards
nphocus: I guess I could get used to it, but I think for now I'll just stick to the vince gironda protein pudding.

Cellardude: Straight from wikipedia:Recent evidence suggests the problem is not as prevalent as once thought. A study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in 2002 (Risk Analysis April 2002 22(2):203-18) showed that of the 69 billion eggs produced annually, only 2.3 million of them are contaminated with salmonella - equivalent to just one in every 30,000 eggs - thus showing that salmonella infection is quite rarely induced by eggs.

avgBdybldr

avgBdybldr

Awards
  • Established
here is how i used to eat raw eggs back in college...
for breakfast i would pour about 8 to 10 oz of o.j. in a glass, throw in however many eggs would fill the glass (bigger the cup, the better), stir with a fork, chug. easy as that. i promise you, if you stir it well enough, you won't be able to taste the egg.

tgass

tgass

Awards
dude, ****ing eat. it's as simple as that. 5-6 meals per day. As much protein as you can choke down. 125 grams isn't **** on ****. Try this, 6 Jumbo eggs, whole with two scoops of your favorite Whey protein Isolate. That is 740 calories, give or take depending on your whey. That's about 6-10gr carbs, 24gr of fats, 88 gr of protein. I like the eggs raw and whole, but you can scramble or fry them in some virgin olive oil for some good fat. Eat that as or with 3 of your 5 meals of the day and you are already up 264 gr of protein and 2220 calories.

I eat about 30 raw eggs per day. Raw eggs are 100% bioavailable, completely absorbed within 15-20 minutes of consumption because they are fully digested within the first 2 feet of your intestines, and they are the most perfect protein on this planet, i.e. the gold standard by which every other protein source is measured.

For all those salmonella spewing faggots, EAT LIKE A CAVEMAN!

That's 85% of what you need to gain. The other 15% is Squats, Deadlifts, and Benchpress. Fullbody compound movements. Stay the **** away from machines that isolate bodyparts. Great for that single muscle, but a waste of the 45 minute golden hour you have to build bulk. Google "westside barbell club."

Apply. Rinse. Repeat.

Do not ever Cook with olive oil, it become a really bad source of fat mate.:smite:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont even know why anyones posting on this telling him to eat. im 95% certian this dudes gonna pick up PH's as a easy way to gain reguardless of what we tell him.
We can only hope and pray. From what he's posted, it doesn't look like he's got his diet or training in check, and he probably won't have a good experience with PH's.

But hey, we can only give him direction, it's his choice to go that route. If he ****s himself over, I promise you I won't lose anymore sleep over it. But if he wants free advice, I'm more than happy to dish it out.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do not ever Cook with olive oil, it become a really bad source of fat mate.:smite:
Could you explain this some more, please?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Instead of cooking in olive oil you should spread the olive oil on whatever it is you are cooking then you are ok.

CROWLER

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nphocus: I guess I could get used to it, but I think for now I'll just stick to the vince gironda protein pudding.

Cellardude: Straight from wikipedia:Recent evidence suggests the problem is not as prevalent as once thought. A study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in 2002 (Risk Analysis April (2):203-18) showed that of the 69 billion eggs produced annually, only 2.3 million of them are contaminated with salmonella - equivalent to just one in every 30,000 eggs - thus showing that salmonella infection is quite rarely induced by eggs.
Useful information. Many thanks. It would be no comfort, though, if one ended up with that particular contaminated egg. I am just wondering, if it might help, if one added some rosemary extract (powder) to the mixed eggs before ingestion. Rosemary extract is a very potent antioxidant, thanks to its two main actives, caffeic acid and rosemarinic acid. Rosemary extract may neutralize the salmonella infection, if present, and give the mixed eggs a pleasant, more nose-friendly aroma.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Instead of cooking in olive oil you should spread the olive oil on whatever it is you are cooking then you are ok.

CROWLER
Thanks, crowler. I know olive oil is recommended for fresh consumption, as against use as a frying agent. I just thought, tgass may have an explanation of the specific interaction of olive oil and the fats in eggs.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the point in using the oil in cooking is to create a lubricating layer between the hot surface and the food you are cooking so it doesn't stick. Olive oil is great in this aspect because it adds a distinct flavor.

If you're trying to cook in olive oil to get more 'healthy' fats in your diet, it's not going to pan out (no pun intended) so well. Unsaturated fats will degrade very quickly when exposed to heat and air.

nphocus

Banned
Awards
the point in using the oil in cooking is to create a lubricating layer between the hot surface and the food you are cooking so it doesn't stick. Olive oil is great in this aspect because it adds a distinct flavor.

If you're trying to cook in olive oil to get more 'healthy' fats in your diet, it's not going to pan out (no pun intended) so well. Unsaturated fats will degrade very quickly when exposed to heat and air.
Would it be better to still use a olive oil for cooking/frying foods instead of starting with crisco? or just save your money and use crisco from the start?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would it be better to still use a olive oil for cooking/frying foods instead of starting with crisco? or just save your money and use crisco from the start?
by crisco do you mean shortening?

A lot of people like olive oil because it adds flavor and it's good for you. Although a lot of the fats will degrade, some of them will remain, and it contains some other goodies (EVOO is rich in antioxidants) as well. If you can't taste the difference and want to pinch some pennies, you can just get some vegetable oil or use Pam.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Has anyone used Macadamia Nut Oil for frying things? It's supposed to have a high smoke point. I've never tried it, but I do use it as a fat source straight up.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMO coconut oil is the best for cooking, especially for grilling up some veggies.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
well the facts are in and i will be feedind my face i guess all the money i was gonna use for ph will now be used for chicken steak and potatoes. i really appreciate all of your feedback its much appreciated.

nphocus

Banned
Awards
Useful information. Many thanks. It would be no comfort, though, if one ended up with that particular contaminated egg. I am just wondering, if it might help, if one added some rosemary extract (powder) to the mixed eggs before ingestion. Rosemary extract is a very potent antioxidant, thanks to its two main actives, caffeic acid and rosemarinic acid. Rosemary extract may neutralize the salmonella infection, if present, and give the mixed eggs a pleasant, more nose-friendly aroma.
Strategicmove and I had a little discussion via PM and I thought I would share something I learned with everyone on the thread. In regards to the risk of getting salmonella from raw eggs, apparently if you mix your eggs with Calcium fortified orange juice, the added calcium will kill any present salmonella. I've been hearing about people mixing raw eggs with OJ for years, but never thought there would be a medical or supplemental benefit.

Reference:
http://www.nutraingredients.com/news/ng.asp?id=33221-calcium-fortification-kills
Note that there is a specific type of calcium that must be added.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well the facts are in and i will be feedind my face i guess all the money i was gonna use for ph will now be used for chicken steak and potatoes. i really appreciate all of your feedback its much appreciated.
:thumbsup:

Just remember: eat good and eat often. A person your size, I would say 20-30g of protein every 2-4 hours will make for great gains. Couple that with a solid rest of your diet and a solid training regimen, and you're on your way to :bb3:

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
i have tried taking 2 scoops of protein pre and post workout but i cant stomach it i get the ****s really bad. Is this cause my body cant digest it all? what else can i do? i use on wpi :toilet:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have tried taking 2 scoops of protein pre and post workout but i cant stomach it i get the ****s really bad. Is this cause my body cant digest it all? what else can i do? i use on wpi :toilet:
It sounds like it's going through you too quickly, and not getting absorbed. Take with solid food. Lots of people like to mix WPI with oatmeal. This will slow down the digestion, so you don't get the 'runs'. :thumbsup:

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like it's going through you too quickly, and not getting absorbed. Take with solid food. Lots of people like to mix WPI with oatmeal. This will slow down the digestion, so you don't get the 'runs'. :thumbsup:
yes it was going tru me too quickly and i was startin to wonder if i was getting any of it absorbed. damn thanks dude :thumbsup:

nphocus

Banned
Awards
yes it was going tru me too quickly and i was startin to wonder if i was getting any of it absorbed. damn thanks dude :thumbsup:
Creatine normally does that to some people. There's a brand out there with a version that most people call SuperDump for just that reason. I would strongly suggest trying the raw eggs, they don't cause the runs and they're fully absorbed in under 20 minutes...

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Creatine normally does that to some people. There's a brand out there with a version that most people call SuperDump for just that reason. I would strongly suggest trying the raw eggs, they don't cause the runs and they're fully absorbed in under 20 minutes...
ill give anything a shot at this point thanks

nphocus

Banned
Awards
I found some good info, thought I would share:
http://www.immunesupport.com/news/99spr012.htm
In addition to these benefits, Ginger can decrease the risk of heart disease by "platelet inhibition" (like aspirin and vitamin E do) and by lowering cholesterol. It is a strong antioxidant and can inhibit certain bowel infections (Salmonella and Vibrio) and, in 5% and 25% aqueous extracts, can be effective against vaginal Trichomonas infections.

According to that, taking ginger would settle your stomach/bowels which would help the runs from your protein intake, and if you decide to go my route of raw eggs, it would fight any possible salmonella.

I think it's also a very effective stimulant and thermogenic. More thermogenic than ECA.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I found some good info, thought I would share:
http://www.immunesupport.com/news/99spr012.htm
In addition to these benefits, Ginger can decrease the risk of heart disease by "platelet inhibition" (like aspirin and vitamin E do) and by lowering cholesterol. It is a strong antioxidant and can inhibit certain bowel infections (Salmonella and Vibrio) and, in 5% and 25% aqueous extracts, can be effective against vaginal Trichomonas infections.

According to that, taking ginger would settle your stomach/bowels which would help the runs from your protein intake, and if you decide to go my route of raw eggs, it would fight any possible salmonella.

I think it's also a very effective stimulant and thermogenic. More thermogenic than ECA.
Useful post. Thanks!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't use regular eggs, buy the pasteurized liquid. The raw eggs in the shell could have salmonella, but the ones in the milk cartons have been treated. Theres a company that sells the egg whites in gallon jugs :)