what ever happened to all the Anabolic Pump fanatics???

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
what ever happened to all the Anabolic Pump fanatics? Was it a one night wonder or are people still seeing great effects?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
They either:

1. Went to real insulin instead
2. Went to whatever is the next 'hype'. It happens all the time.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They either:

1. Went to real insulin instead
2. Went to whatever is the next 'hype'. It happens all the time.
:toofunny: Yeah, there's a really big "Flavor of the week" bit that goes with the supplement industry. It's quite a shame because there's been plenty of really good things that have gone forgotten as less effective, but strongly hyped things come to the playing table.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Coming from a rep, I know it doesn't mean as much, but I was singing it's praises well beforehand...

...It's still a top selling product, but like all most supplements, after the intial burst of interest, it dies out a little on the boards and people are looking for the next big thing.

It's turned into a product that doesn't need the hype, because of the results everyone has already seen...

...plus I do still see threads about it popping up every few days.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, because there isn't a thread about AP on every page, it is failure? I guess you haven't noticed how it is a staple supplement for many people because it is one of the few supplements that helps you from a health perspective and a physique perspective. It is a little pricey for me, but the 2 bottles that I used gave me some solid results.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
A lot of companies will tout sales as a backing for products.

I feel this is a 'loaded' statement, much like Muscle-Tech's fancy graphs and ads.

Does companies truely believe that their product is the best because it sells well ? Doesn't Muscle-Tech sell a lot too ? Does that mean my dormant fibers will be stimulated, and that my 'genes' will be activated ? This is a rhetorical question btw.

There are many factors that play into sales:

-fancy containers (yes, people buy stuff because of the container)
-advertising
-forum hype
-Jay Cutler and the other IFBB pros
-placebo effect
-It may actually work

Ok, so 'it may actually work' is only one of many options on that list so it easily can be accredited to 'it works' along with several other factors listed above.

Bottom line is tha dollaz. Everyone's gotta make a living and there is no such thing in life as having too much money. Someone is getting paid, regardless if these supps work or not.

If you want to 'carb load' just use insulin, it works. If you want to have an 'anabolic cheat code' use IGF-1 LR3,HGH, insulin,plasma expander, and your choice of steroid.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot of companies will tout sales as a backing for products.

I feel this is a 'loaded' statement, much like Muscle-Tech's fancy graphs and ads.

Does companies truely believe that their product is the best because it sells well ? Doesn't Muscle-Tech sell a lot too ? Does that mean my dormant fibers will be stimulated, and that my 'genes' will be activated ? This is a rhetorical question btw.

There are many factors that play into sales:

-fancy containers (yes, people buy stuff because of the container)
-advertising
-forum hype
-Jay Cutler and the other IFBB pros
-placebo effect
-It may actually work

Ok, so 'it may actually work' is only one of many options on that list so it easily can be accredited to 'it works' along with several other factors listed above.

Bottom line is tha dollaz. Everyone's gotta make a living and there is no such thing in life as having too much money. Someone is getting paid, regardless if these supps work or not.

If you want to 'carb load' just use insulin, it works. If you want to have an 'anabolic cheat code' use IGF-1 LR3,HGH, insulin,plasma expander, and your choice of steroid.
Well, and first let me say that I do not respect MT as an "innovator", Cell-tech and Nitro-tech do work, but they are horribly over-priced. I know many people that use these or have used these because they fall into the staple category. Most of their products are gone within a year b/c they don't live up to expectations. AP is something that many people do not:
1. understand
2. properly dose
3. give enough time
4. expect to overcome crappy diet/training

There is too much emphasis on supplements and when the word "Anabolic" is in the title, people expect to blow up in a month.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
True a lot of big companies do that...and it works for them

The good thing about a forum like this and the companies that associate themselves with it, are that they get direct consumer feedback and can address question/concerns.

...which, IMO, leads to more authentic/innovative products

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
rodja, I agree, I think the biggest problem with AP is the diet and timing issue.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
rodja, I agree, I think the biggest problem with AP is the diet and timing issue.
The easiest way to tell that people don't do their research is when there are 100's of threads about AP dosing/timing. If you do not use a supplement properly, then it will lose some of its efficacy. I followed the AP release closely and waited until I understood how to use it properly before I even opened the bottle.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I get the runs really bad on it...can't use it.

It does work though.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I cannot see the video since I am currently at work, however I checked out the post.

I'll give USPLabs props: SuperCissus RX helped greatly with my tendonitis.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I cannot see the video since I am currently at work, however I checked out the post.

I'll give USPLabs props: SuperCissus RX helped greatly with my tendonitis.
Some cat doing squats on the smith machine. Nothing impressive.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Nothing impressive? Would you like to back that one up?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
reaper, goto that thread...the guy did 210 reps in 7 sets...

...thats just impressive.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
ill check it out when i get back home. i wish i could watch vids at work.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Nothing impressive? Would you like to back that one up?
Nothing on a machine is really impressive.

I bust my ass everyday in the gym buddy, sorry you are offended that I am not impressed by high reps on a machine...

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Everything gets hyped when its new. Doesnt mean its no good since the noise has died down. I used it when it first came out and saw good results. Ive been off it for the summer since my diet and training took a whole new twist the past four months but i have a bunch in the closet that will see use very soon.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
reaper, goto that thread...the guy did 210 reps in 7 sets...

...thats just impressive.
It's not that I'm not impressed, but rather I just don't see the point in doing this. What does 225 for 45 accomplish aside from being really sore the next day?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I'm not that one who did it, go ask him...he is on the board.

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have been using AP off and on for a LONG while now, and it will remain a staple for me.

It's not that I'm not impressed, but rather I just don't see the point in doing this. What does 225 for 45 accomplish aside from being really sore the next day?
Why don't you tell us what it doesn't accomplish?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why don't you tell us what it doesn't accomplish?
I'm not trying to put him down by any means. But to me it's like bragging about eating a bowl of tripe: it's just something I wouldn't ever want to do. I could probably rattle off a bunch of things I can do that I think are neat, but you wouldn't be impressed by them in the least. Why? Because you wouldn't have any intention or desire to do them or even work towards something similar.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
sinner, with that logic, you don't like powerlifters huh?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sinner, with that logic, you don't like powerlifters huh?
I've thought of powerlifting in the past, or perhaps competing in a strongman competition (those look fun). But as far as doing squats in excess of 20 reps, I would have to say "No, thank you." Outside of boosting my already in need of being cut down ego, I don't see any benefit I would get from doing a set of 45 squats. I'm just simply trying to show how someone (like xjsynx) might not be impressed by such an accomplishment.

I'm not trying to put him down by any means. But to me it's like bragging about eating a bowl of tripe: it's just something I wouldn't ever want to do. I could probably rattle off a bunch of things I can do that I think are neat, but you wouldn't be impressed by them in the least. Why? Because you wouldn't have any intention or desire to do them or even work towards something similar.
Many strength coaches speak of shock techniques and varing training methods to induce muscle growth.

I'm sure he does 45 reps to shock the muscle and induce trauma for growth. I'm sure his intentions are not to "be cool" but to improve his physique. He is a natural body builder (a well respected one at that) that competes. He is taking the 20 rep squat just a bit further.

If your goal was to gain fat than eating a bowl of tripe would be a step in the right direction. To claim that a 45 rep squat has no advantage in a training program is naive unless you provide proof otherwise.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your goal was to gain fat than eating a bowl of tripe would be a step in the right direction. To claim that a 45 rep squat has no advantage in a training program is naive unless you provide proof otherwise.
I was going on a 45 rep squat as something to "be cool" and brag about. I guess I can agree with your statment; however, I don't think eating tripe would make me fat as I would likely vomit it all back up and then some if I even attempted to swallow. :sick: :lol:

D'cellFuel

Awards
The Guiness Book of World Records is filled with useless challeges that at the very least are interesting. Though I would never do things like jam 2000 cigarettes in my mouth for a record. I suppose I am still amazed or at least entertained by the foolish means people will utilized to be remembered or acknowledged. Anabolic pump may not help you jam 2000 cigarettes in your mouth but if it helped...(along with the other supp's) perform this 45 rep set then more power to ya buddy. The thought of the lactic acid accumulation is enough for me to give props! :thumbsup:

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I've thought of powerlifting in the past, or perhaps competing in a strongman competition (those look fun). But as far as doing squats in excess of 20 reps, I would have to say "No, thank you." Outside of boosting my already in need of being cut down ego, I don't see any benefit I would get from doing a set of 45 squats. I'm just simply trying to show how someone (like xjsynx) might not be impressed by such an accomplishment.
Thank you sinner :think:

It's not the whole 45 rep or 200 total rep thing. It is the excercise. I am all for increasing work capacity. This spring I did a full body workout
on day 1 was low reps between 3-6
day 3 moderate range 8-12
day 5 high reps
Phase 1
3 Circuits of Squats, Push-Ups, Deadlifts, and Pulldowns for a duration of 2 minutes. Increasing the load by 5% each set

Phase 2
Sets: 1
Reps: 100 (total)
Load: 45-50 reps before failure.
Rest 15s,
perform as many reps as possible
Continue until you reach 100 reps.

Other phases were similar, but mainly longer circuit work.

My point is. No machines were used keeping the metabolic cost high.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Many strength coaches speak of shock techniques and varing training methods to induce muscle growth.

I'm sure he does 45 reps to shock the muscle and induce trauma for growth. I'm sure his intentions are not to "be cool" but to improve his physique. He is a natural body builder (a well respected one at that) that competes. He is taking the 20 rep squat just a bit further.

For one. No one ever said anything about the lifter or your product. You sound like a damn women. I swear my lady tries to spin sh1t like that all the damn time.

And yes, it is very good to shock a muslce for growth. I think he would have been better off doing 'Squats' not that Smith Machine excercise he was doing. I mean when I see guys at the local gym doing smith machine squats in spandex and belts with their hands behind their head like these guy :bb2: I question the true effectivness of said lift.

Also, strength coaches say the smith machine is worthless, and I concur.

And please do not call a smith machine squat a squat. Or call it the lazy man squat or something :nono:

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
And to be fair.
How many reps and how much weight was he doing before AP?
Does he take Beta-Alanine?

For one. No one ever said anything about the lifter or your product. You sound like a damn women. I swear my lady tries to spin sh1t like that all the damn time.

And yes, it is very good to shock a muslce for growth. I think he would have been better off doing 'Squats' not that Smith Machine excercise he was doing. I mean when I see guys at the local gym doing smith machine squats in spandex and belts with their hands behind their head like these guy :bb2: I question the true effectivness of said lift.

Also, strength coaches say the smith machine is worthless, and I concur.

And please do not call a smith machine squat a squat. Or call it the lazy man squat or something :nono:
You obvioulsy did not read reaperX response about Jay cutler and advertising. I was giving an example of Real people that use AP. You could not grasp on, it's cool.

Since you are questioning the said lift and lifter, I would love to see a comparison of physiques and credentials.

I'm in a pretty good circle of elite strengths trainers that I learn from, and they all state; there is nothing worse than a man critizing without credentials. Even outside of bodybuilding the say holds true.

Why are so many quick to critize but mute to praise?

Hey, you may know what your talking about. I would love to be proven wrong and have no problems apologizing.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
You obvioulsy did not read reaperX response about Jay cutler and advertising. I was giving an example of Real people that use AP. You could not grasp on, it's cool.

Since you are questioning the said lift and lifter, I would love to see a comparison of physiques and credentials.

I'm in a pretty good circle of elite strengths trainers that I learn from, and they all state; there is nothing worse than a man critizing without credentials. Even outside of bodybuilding the say holds true.

Why are so many quick to critize but mute to praise?

Hey, you may know what your talking about. I would love to be proven wrong and have no problems apologizing.
LMAO. You are one condescending incoherent little b1tch aren't ya?

Who is criticizing or questioning him?

Not me. I said I am not impressed by smith machine squats. Nothing was said about him, sorry you do not grasp that, but then again it is hard to grasp anything when you have your head shoved up your ass. Pull it out and take a breath for a minute ;)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys,

Let's drop this off-topic subject before we dig ourselves into an even deeper hole.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Pump is a staple for me, i never come off and continue to see the results, i use 4-5 caps a day year round now :).

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it was eclipsed by p-slin too. I can't tolerate p-slin, the pumps are tooooooo heavy. I'm actually really liking neovar a lot more than yellow gold or p-slin. I never tried AP itself. I did have to play with diet and timing to get YG to work at all, but neovar seems more forgiving (but gives nicer pumps than YG too)

Hey guys,

Let's drop this off-topic subject before we dig ourselves into an even deeper hole.
Agreed.

I been using t-force from Omega and it must say it works very well in elevating test. The best I have ever used.

Today I was very irritable(testosterone dose it to me well) and I apologize for the useless debate.

take care

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Agreed.

I been using t-force from Omega and it must say it works very well in elevating test. The best I have ever used.

Today I was very irritable(testosterone dose it to me well) and I apologize for the useless debate.

take care
T-Force is great.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed.

take care
Isn't tforce something else? first time I had acne in 20 years