Most Potent Insulin Mimetic

  1. Most Potent Insulin Mimetic


    ALA
    r-ALA
    Vanadyl Sulfate
    Cinnamon

    None of these ever did anything for me.

    I only eat 150 carbs/day and Im fairly lean and I still fall asleep after I ate carbs.
    so Im obviously somewhat glucose intolerant or have a dysfunctional/poor insulin sensitivity profile.


    Anyone?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    I only eat 150 carbs/day and Im fairly lean and I still fall asleep after I ate carbs.
    so Im obviously somewhat glucose intolerant or have a dysfunctional/poor insulin sensitivity profile.


    Anyone?
    That is not necessarily true. You could be hyperisulinemic with rebound hypoglycemia.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

  3. mcg for mg (yes, that's 2 different units) the strongest would have to be corosolic acid
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    That is not necessarily true. You could be hyperisulinemic with rebound hypoglycemia.

    But if I were glucose intolerant as I put it, wouldn't that essentially force the pancreas to over-produce insulin (hyperinsulinemia)? Aren't we just approaching this from two different angles, but really just saying the same thing? Nevertheless, thanks for the feedback, gives me something to chew on.


    "corosolic acid" huh? I will research it. Thank you

  5. is mimetic even a word? haha

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    But if I were glucose intolerant as I put it, wouldn't that essentially force the pancreas to over-produce insulin (hyperinsulinemia)? Aren't we just approaching this from two different angles, but really just saying the same thing?
    That is but one possibility. There are a variety of reasons why someone would be hyperinsulinemic.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

  7. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    is mimetic even a word? haha
    Yep, impress your friends! Or make them say, "Wow, Pistonpump is a total nerd."
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  8. metaformin

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Jarconis View Post
    metaformin
    I was under the impression that metaformin needs insulin to work; hence, being a drug for type II's
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  10. heh, either way, gets the job done. Does show to lower test lvls a lil bit tho, could be a bad sup for a natty.

  11. Ohhh, not OTC?

    MetFormin/Glucophage works by decreasing liver glucose output, increasing peripheral insulin sensitivity, blocking glucose absorption.

    Thiazolidinediones, such as Actos or Avandia increase insulin receptivity.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    ALA
    r-ALA
    Vanadyl Sulfate
    Cinnamon

    None of these ever did anything for me.

    I only eat 150 carbs/day and Im fairly lean and I still fall asleep after I ate carbs.
    so Im obviously somewhat glucose intolerant or have a dysfunctional/poor insulin sensitivity profile.


    Anyone?


    I would check with your doctor about this before you go diagnosing yourself and trying to treat yourself with supplements.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I would check with your doctor about this before you go diagnosing yourself and trying to treat yourself with supplements.
    Word.

    What is the makeup and meal breakdown of those 150g carbs? Overall that is not a lot and if it is really giving you symptoms you need to see your doc to check on blood glucose AND insulin levels.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    Word.

    What is the makeup and meal breakdown of those 150g carbs? Overall that is not a lot and if it is really giving you symptoms you need to see your doc to check on blood glucose AND insulin levels.
    Sorry guys, had to do this, compulsion I guess,


  15. Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    Ohhh, not OTC?
    NO - I am ONLY interested in OTC

  16. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Sorry guys, had to do this, compulsion I guess,

    Damn!

  17. Yep, look into banaba extract, and/or corosolic acid
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 10:53 AM
  2. Most potent fatloss stacks
    By CHAPS in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 11:03 PM
  3. Which stack is most potent/beneficial
    By mpkonig in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 05:22 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Log in
Log in