Powertrain Thread

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys, I just got my Powertrain today aling with some SAN V-12 (which I love!). We'll see how it goes, I'm going to take 3 caps in the morning and 3 more 40 minutes before lifting and report. I am just off cycle, so no androgens to mess with now, should be able to give it a decent evaluation as far as energy goes I think.

Who else is trying it? Post your thoughts and/or questions here! :)

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Just started this moring. Per WW7 recomendations, placed three pills next to bed with glass of water. Alarm went off a 6 AM, downed the pills and went back to sleep. I slept like a log and right past the snooze alarm. Although, I did have a killer dream. I dreamt that my house was engulfed in a tidle wave! Keep in mind, I live in Nevada :D Anyway, finally drug my lazy ass out of bed around 6:30. It didn't make getting out of bed any easier.

Second dose came at 4:30 PM, one half hour before workout and V-12. Energy during workout was better than usual and workout pump was incredible. In fact, it was the best pump I have had in probably a month.

Bottom line is that it may turn out to have a great synergestic effect with creatine. I am skeptical regarding it as being an effective get-your-lazy-ass-out-of-bed supplement.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established

Bottom line is that it may turn out to have a great synergestic effect with creatine. I am skeptical regarding it as being an effective get-your-lazy-ass-out-of-bed supplement.
that kind of sucks.. i was hoping it would do something like this considering im one of those people that needs someone or something to say "get your lazy ass out of bed" lol.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established

that kind of sucks.. i was hoping it would do something like this considering im one of those people that needs someone or something to say "get your lazy ass out of bed" lol.
LOL, I get pretty amped on it. If I took in the morning before I got out of bed it would do the trick for me but I am a great responder to even slight stims so that could be different for some. Great to hear on the work out energy and pump!

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
yesterday took 3 tabs before my workout and was very amped up, haven't tried the morning thing though. I'll see if it continues :)

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick note of clarification. Ive been getting a lot of questions about how often you can take PT. Honestly, you can take it as often as you want.

Now of course all things must be done wihtin reason but NADH is very good for you and can be taking 3-6 times a day with no problems. Also you CAN take more than 3 pills at time if you choose. Again, its not that it can be done safely at higher doses its just that for most 3 pills per dose is enough. Some have graduated to 4 per dose and prefer that.

Hope that clears some things up! Expirement see what works best for you.

RM BiggaFigga

Awards
I received PowerTrain in the mail yesterday (7/12). I was feeling very run-down after my workout in the afternoon, so I decided to take 3 tabs to see if anything happened. Unfortunately, nothing did, BUT, I made the mistake of taking them on a full stomach. I saw WW7's update to the PT faq, and apparently this is a no-no.

I am usually pretty groggy when I get up in the morning, so when I got up today (7/13), I popped 3 tabs on an empty stomach. Within about five minutes, I felt great. PT seemed to have a sort of foglifting effect, and I was in midday form in less than ten minutes. I didn't feel particulary stimulated, just "sharper".

Anyways, this is a good result so far, and I am going to try the same thing tomorrow morning to try to replicate this experience.

-RM

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I received PowerTrain in the mail yesterday (7/12). I was feeling very run-down after my workout in the afternoon, so I decided to take 3 tabs to see if anything happened. Unfortunately, nothing did, BUT, I made the mistake of taking them on a full stomach. I saw WW7's update to the PT faq, and apparently this is a no-no.

I am usually pretty groggy when I get up in the morning, so when I got up today (7/13), I popped 3 tabs on an empty stomach. Within about five minutes, I felt great. PT seemed to have a sort of foglifting effect, and I was in midday form in less than ten minutes. I didn't feel particulary stimulated, just "sharper".

Anyways, this is a good result so far, and I am going to try the same thing tomorrow morning to try to replicate this experience.

-RM
Keep in mind the follwing info and let us know! Thanks for the feedback fellas!

"Just a quick note of clarification. Ive been getting a lot of questions about how often you can take PT. Honestly, you can take it as often as you want.

Now of course all things must be done wihtin reason but NADH is very good for you and can be taking 3-6 times a day with no problems. Also you CAN take more than 3 pills at time if you choose. Again, its not that it can be done safely at higher doses its just that for most 3 pills per dose is enough. Some have graduated to 4 per dose and prefer that.

Hope that clears some things up! Expirement see what works best for you."

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Bump for updates! How goes the PT bros?

db682

Awards
  • Established
Got my PT on Saturday. Decided to wait till Monday(today) to start. Results are good so far.
Did like WW7 said. Put 3 next to the bed and when the alarm clock rang @ 9:30 I pounded them w/ some water. Being an Ex-Caffine addict I was definitly feeling the stim side of the pills with in mins. Made me a little more attentive while making breakfast.
I took another dose while at work @ 4:20 since I was going to the gym @ 5:00. This is when I was definitly feeling the Guarana i suppose.
When I drink Mountain Dew or something with a lot of caffine in it before I work out I get really wired but I also sweat heavily and get pretty flushed in the face. This **** did it. I was somewhat zoned as if on the "Caffine".
I decided not to take it afterwards since I figured Sleep is something I dont get enough of as it is.
So far so good. Excellant coffee substitute if your a coffee person like me. Didnt have the urge to drink it at all today.
db

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Did like WW7 said. Put 3 next to the bed and when the alarm clock rang @ 9:30 I pounded them w/ some water. [/B]

9:30 AM!!! F*ck. Apparently, I am in the wrong profession :D

db682

Awards
  • Established
Construction Management my friend. Been in it for 7 yrs and loving ever minute of it. The only problems are during race weeks. Since we are in charge of all construction at all ISC speedways (any owned by Bill France) we have to make sure everything is perfect for that week. That means I can work 75hr weeks making my guys finish any open jobs. And Im salary so no OT. :mad: But like right now I work anywhere between 20 -40 hr weeks and make damn good money no matter the time I work. And there paying for all my schooling books and gas for my superchaged fuel HOG (2002 Ford Harley F150). Like I said I love my job!:D
If only I could get them to pay for my Supps. But cant be to picky, right;) .

db

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I posted under the legalgear forum, but will post here also for all to see.

I placed my order from legalgear on Fri. morn and received it Mon. good service guys! I was thrown off a bit this weekend by partying (drinking) Sun. night till Mon. morn. (7/21/03 day 1) So most of the day Mon. I felt like ****. I decided to eat some good meals and get rehydrated before attempting a workout. That night I took a dose about 15-20 mins before workout (on empty stomach). I didn't feel a rush of energy but I did feel good. I was surprised that after feel 'down' all day I was able to have a productive workout (leg day). I was still able to squat 290lbs for reps.

(day 2) Today was bi/tri day so, I took a dose about 30mins before workout on empty stomach. Had good workout, it was challenging but not as hard as usual. It seems power train creates more of a mood change for me, which creates a positive workout. Weight lifted stayed the same but workout just felt good.

I am currently using max-ot type w/o.....30mins long....5 days wk. I am only taking Power train pre-w/o.

RM BiggaFigga

Awards
PowerTrain Update

I tried PowerTrain before my last breakdancing practice. I thought this would be an interesting trial because these always take place late in the evening, and I'm afraid to use stims because I want to be able to sleep afterwards, but I feel like I could use something because practice always kicks my ass. Anyways, took 3 on an empty stomach. This stuff seems to kick in really quickly, felt really amped in only a few minutes. Feeling lasted about an hour, had no problems sleeping afterwards. This is a good thing certainly. I sometimes to go for the triple latte but it after megadoses of caffeine I get only fitful sleep. Taking PT on an empty stomach seems to be key. Good stuff so far! I use V-12 so I might try the PT / V-12 combo for my workout tomorrow.

-RM

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Day 3....Today I took the PT differently. I woke up, ate, waited an hour then took PT. I worked out 30mins later. Didn't feel the same as my other two w/o. I did feel that I was able to get going a little easier after i took it, but didn't have that 'positive' motivation feeling. I think tomorrow I will take it upon awakening, eat 30mins later, wait an hr then w/o see how I feel.

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Also posted in the legalgear.com forum.

Heres my first day review of powertrain:

Used it upon wake up to help me start off my day (3 caps). Took it right as i got up and within 15 mins I felt like I been fully shaken off all the sleepiness (usually takes me a full shower and breakfast to do this). I was truly surprised at how fast it kicked in. The feeling was a bit comparable to eca without so much of the buzz, I never really got jittery on any eca and certainly didnt notice any on this at all. It kept me going strong for most of the day but towards 4 work started to get to me.

At 4:30 I took 3 caps pre workout and again it kicked in pretty quickly. It gave me a real nice focused feel. Not as hyped up as an eca, but it made me feel real good. It helped me shake off the tiredness from work as it had done with sleep. If im feeling good I can then hype myself up plenty at the gym.

I had a real good leg day, the ultimate first day test. Besides from being focused I also felt less fatigue during sets. Usually leg curls burn brutally, but I noticed I still went to failure but it didnt hurt as bad if that makes sense. I felt like I could pump out a few extra reps as well on most exercises.

A few things I really like about this supplement:
1) Works real fast.
2) Theres no crash. You just kinda start to feel it a little less and then your back to normal. Its not like an eca where you get real hyper and then hit a brick wall.
3) Like LegalGear stated taking this supp continually provides more benfits where as eca's run you down over time.

Def give it a thumbs up and am looking forward to continued use. Ill update how its going in a few days.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Day 4. Today I took PT upon awakening about 2:15pm. I ate a meal at 3:00 and did my workout at 4:00. I felt pretty good so I decided to add 5lbs to some of my lifts as follows: Lat pull dn went from 2x5x145 to 2x5x150......cable row went from 2x5x180 to 2x5x185.....bent over row went from 2x5x225 to 2x5x230. Felt good all the way through. I could have easily kept going, but as I mentioned I am doing Max-ot. Finished off w/o with good morns, hyper ext and neck flexions. Another good w/o on PT!

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Well so far so good with me. :) I definitely like the steady, no crash kind of feeling. I'm in post cycle right now with fairly high cals and clomid, and my lifts are all still at cycle weight.

Just took 3 with some V-12 and headed for back (pull) day right now, I'll let you know how it goes

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Day 5. Took PT upon awakening again 2:15pm. Ate at 3:00....w/o at 4:15. I decided to add 5lbs to a few of my lifts again, as follows: Incl bench went from 3x5x235 to 3x5x240. I was feeling good (strong) the first two sets, by the third I started to fatigue. Next, flat press went from 2x5x235 to 2x5x240 and decline 2x5x205 to 2x5x210. Not that I couldn't have done it without PT, but I usually find it hard to get through my chest workout so, PT just seemed to make it easier.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Today was my first day. I took it before I worked out today and felt good in the gym. The thing that stood out today was the pump I had. It honestly felt different like my arms were going to pop:D Anyway so far so good looking for the energy to kick in within the next few days.
Later J

db682

Awards
  • Established
Is anybody else getting any effects from the Guarana. I guess because Im sensitive to **** like caffine and the such it seems so strong. It makes me wirey. Feel like I just drank 3 cuban coffees or something. Maybe its something else in it but damn. I havent drank coffee of mountain dew since I started this ****. No need to anymore.

Workouts are better. Not feeling stronger from the PT, just more pumped.

db

motleybreu

Awards
I took 3 this morning when I woke up because I didn't get much sleep last night. Went back to sleep for 10 and then woke up for good. For the first half hour, felt great, refreshed just like a full night's sleep. After that I feel like passing out. The same thing happend the other day when I took them before the gym. Did what the directions said and when I got home from the gym I felt the same way. It's like an extreme jolt and then I just feel dead.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Keep it coming!

legalgear.com

Banned
Awards
That is an odd reaction. You shouldn't feel a huge jolt or a big drop off. Everyone is so different though. There is very little caffeine in there about 35mg. In comparison, your average ECA has 200mg of caffeine. All I can say is to keep trying it and see how it goes. That is unusual though. So many factors to consider. I know there are going to be people who respond well and others who do not. All one can hope for in a supplement is that 90 percent of the people have positive responses to the product. Some people don't respond to steriodis for gods sake.

EDog

motleybreu

Awards
yeah i'm not worried or anything..all supps are like that, they work for some not for others which you already know;) but i still felt it should be heard..it's not negative feedback though. I'm fine now, i feel great. It's just there was a period in there that i just didn't feel right. I still recommend everyone to try it because it's a very good supp to use when you need the energy

legalgear.com

Banned
Awards
well, I would ask you to try it again and see if you get the same reaction. It is very strange that you would get that response.

EDog

db682

Awards
  • Established
Motley,
Are you taking any PH's at the time being, Specificly 1-Test? Im doing 3 pumps twice aday of T-1 pro and T-4 and the lethargy really sucks. I havent had your problem though. On the contrary, Its the opposite. Normaly caffine and stuff cause me to feel like **** when it wheres off but not this stuff. Its helps w/ lethargy pretty good. Like I said before though, My only issue is with my reaction to what I think is the guarana. The sweating and getting flush can suck during a meeting or in class. Other then that its been pretty good so far.

db

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This was my 5th day on pt and the effect does seem to be positively cumulative. I took three tabs on wake up again and got the same mid day feel 20 mins later. Felt pretty good all day, real energetic with no crash what so ever. Took three more before my chest workout and felt a slight boost in energy coupled with a very focused mentality in the gym. I blew threw my workout with real good intensity for a great chest day. Def had some good pumps and was able to raise the weight used in latter exercises due to increased energy levels and focus. Its now a few hours after my workout and most days i feel absolutely beat, esp if ive taken an eca, but right now i feel like i could get through a whole other workout, except for chest of course. PT is def a great supp. More to come....

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I took the weekend off as I usually do, but was unable to workout on Mon and Tues due to repairing a busted water line in my front yard. As you all know I was using Max-ot. Since I was thrown off schedule I decided to go back to HST, or full body workout 2 days this week as opposed to taking the whole week off. (Day 6) Today I woke up, ate at 2:30 waited 1 hr then took PT at 3:30. I knew my HST workout would be about 1hr long as opposed to Max-ot (30mins). My workout went very well. I felt good all the way through. I thought I would be tired half way through but wasn't. Felt good to switch my training method. My body was a bit confused, but adjusted very well. Maybe I should try this more often or maybe it was the PT helping my ass out! LOL!

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
I’m sold. It does not have the umph to get me out of bed, but probably for good reason. I have been a caffeine addict for some time. I had been consuming more than a pot of very strong coffee every morning for more than seven years. In the afternoons, I switched to an ECA. Needless to say, my caffeine consumption was enormous. About two weeks ago, I decided I needed to kick my caffeine addiction and quit my coffee consumption and ECA’s entirely. It has not been an easy road to recovery. All I have been doing is taking 3 powertrains in the morning and 3 before workout. No coffee, no ECA’s. Once I actually get my lazy ass up, I feel great in the morning. I do not have the enormous urge to suck down numerous gallons of coffee. I then begin to slide (get drowsy) at about noon. Then comes the second dose before my trip to the gym. My energy at the gym is solid, the pumps are great (when combined with V-12) and my strength has remained unchanged since my last cycle. While it could be placebo, I’m convinced it is a good low-caffeine energy supplement.

JWest0926

Awards
Okay, f'ck it! I wanna try powertrain too! Let me in Wind and Legalgear!!!

JWest

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by jweave23
Well so far so good with me. :) I definitely like the steady, no crash kind of feeling. I'm in post cycle right now with fairly high cals and clomid, and my lifts are all still at cycle weight.

Just took 3 with some V-12 and headed for back (pull) day right now, I'll let you know how it goes
LOL, uhh forgot to update this :D :D I had a kickass workout that day, a great one!!

It's back day again, I just took 3 p-train, some V-12 and 1g vit C, it's ON!! ;)

This does seem to be a good product that provides a constant energy flow without too much spiking. I would like to find some more research on supplementing with NADH...I'll see if I can dig something up. :)

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I have not tried the morning thing yet but just taking it before my workouts. The thing that I noticed that's different from EC stack is when I take it I don't really noticed anything until I get going in the gym. It's def a different type of energy then the EC I was taking. It honestly does feel natural. I don't get that speedy high and crash and that's ok by me. Later J

db682

Awards
  • Established
J,
Dont worry bro. Winds a goodguy. Im sure hell hook you up at that special discounted full retail + 10% just cause price. :D

Because he's a good guy and your cool like that and all. ;)

db

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A little over a week into using powertrain and Im not sure what else i can say about it other than that its a great supp that i will certainly be utilizing in the future. The effects seem to be gettin stronger as time progresses instead of the other way with eca which is a huge advantage. Its not a huge initial surge but it kicks in and gets you going good. I maybe could use a little more kick but then perhaps id have to deal with more of a crash, with whats in it already there is no crash what so ever. It really gets you focused in the gym and has gotten me through every workout so far with tons of energy. Also, did shoulders and tris today and my arms have never felt so pumped. PT gets a big thumbs up from me.

WW7, lemme know if theres any other specific details you want me to comment on. And if anyone wants to ask any specific questions feel free to pm me. Ill update once the bottle is finished or if there is anything else that i feel is noteworthy. Thanks again to legalgear.com.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
BUMP for this!!

I finished my trial last week, been away for awhile and almost forgot about this thread. My conclusions:

1. It does exactly what it is said to do: provide increased energy without a stimulant

2. The feeling is very steady and not a bumpy ride at all, just feel energized

3. Seemed to last about 4-5 hous for me, I think maybe 2 doses daily would be enough.

4. Probably best utilized by people not on an ECA stack IMO, although certainly no harm taking it in conjunction. It seems to me that if you are still getting the ECA buzz, then you won't necessarily need this, but if you're not using ECA, definitely add it!

5. Hopefully the price will come down in time, but it always seems to with LG ;) :D

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I agree with jweave. I'll actually be done mine in two days taking three pills before every workout. I agree that it does what it say it does but I"m not sure If I would take the product again. I personally like the EC stack and it's done good things for me. I need to feel that sudden burst of energy:D

Overall I think this is a great product if not using and EC stack and will provide a calm and steady increase in energy and focus. The few days that I took it in the morning were positive. The first morning I noticed nothing the the following three mornings I noticed that it opened my eyes quicker and got me awake. But for those who like me are into the EC rush then this won't be the product for you. I'd like to thank WW7 for letting me try out the product it was much appreciated it bro. Oh and get ready for an order for some protein bro, 41 bones for 10lb's, you make me happy:D later J

db682

Awards
  • Established
Damnnnnnnnnnn, What happen to me? Did I get the short end of the short stick? Ive been done with mine for quite some time now. If its not the short bus Im stuck riding its the little bottle of free stuff. ;) Im always getting shafted. :D. Just kidding (whats new), I know you guys are all slackers thats why you stretched out the bottles so much.

On a more serious note as has been stated already THE **** WORKS!!!!

And Weave, are you gonna ever finish posting on the Fina dermal thread you started. Im curious about your results.

db

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Db I'm no slacker:mad: Except at work:D I'm on a three day a week routine so it took me a while to use it all up. Interested to hear how other trials went though. Bump to the top. Later J

legalgear.com

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the feedback guys. It isn't a replacement for ECA because it is a different class of supplement. We are trying to find supplements that are good for you and provide a necessary performance enhancement. ECA is good, but it might not make the cut, plus I am convinced that that class of product is one that will eventually run you down. All stimulants cause a gradual decline in performance IMHO. Ephedrine can interupt sleep quality and also stimulants tax your body in other ways. THis si the case whether the stimulant is cocaine or ephedrine IMHO.

I hoped to provide a good quality supplement that one can use every day without fear of a crash. I am glad that many of you are former ECA users, because to even put PowerTrain in the same discussion as a "legal" speed is a huge endorsement. It is a completely different class of compound. Thanks again for the feedback!

EDog