Why no hoopla over genera cissus?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Genera recently released 24% cissus extract at a comperable price to USP 10% cissus yet there have been no annoucements or reviews or discussions. Does anyone have any feedback or thoughts on this cissus?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is the cissus that was found in Symmetry-X. It is an anabolic as opposed to an anabolic/joint repair extract.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
This is the first I heard of it.
There own site doesn't even have info on it. I did see it at NP though...

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It is the cissus that was found in Symmetry-X. It is an anabolic as opposed to an anabolic/joint repair extract.
I don't know if I buy that idea because Prima cissus is 40% and people use it for joints. Are they extracting different things?

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know if I buy that idea because Prima cissus is 40% and people use it for joints. Are they extracting different things?
Yes, it's specific ketosterones....I believe there's four of them. Look at the ingredients in a lot of the new herbal hypertrophic products...many will say cissus extract as an ingredient...it's likely that these ketosterones are the ones that were from Symmetry and are supposed to have anabolic effects. Is ay this b/c none of these "hypertrophic" products claim to have joint soothing properties, or at least not any that I'm aware of.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i've had this product for 2 months now and feel no difference between the USP cissus and this one...

taste SUCKS - thankfully i capped the rest of my stash - great price though!!

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wierd so it looks like USP or Prima is the way to go for joints... Hmm ok just looking for different options.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea I was also looking at this new product. For only about $2 more you can get an extra 14% extract, but you just got to make sure you're not comparing apples to oranges!

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What product are you referring to? Unless it's an extract of the same four ketosterones it will be hard to compare mg to mg (even if doing the conversions based on the extraction percentages).

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I knew SteveoPH was talking about the new Genera Bulk Hydroxl, I just wasn't sure what other product he was talking about...in hindsite, I'm guessing he was referring to the Bulk Super Cissus.

From past discussions about USPLabs Symmetry indicate that the Bulk Hydroxl 4 is intended to be used more for anabolism. The cissus extracts for joint relief are more than just these four specific ketosterones.

Last edited:
Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
Wierd so it looks like USP or Prima is the way to go for joints... Hmm ok just looking for different options.
well there not the only way to go. i woulnt bother with Prima 40% cissus.

i would stay with somethin like Suppercissus RX or AN Osteobolin-C

G

I would go with Super Cissus Rx. The founder and creator that lead the industry to create cissus products.

But are they the same? Well split open a few caps and super cissus shines differently.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So we now know that USP sells to genera - Thats one good thing so we know its a quality product.

MY question still remains, is this cissus "symetry"? If it is then maybe for PCT it might be better and supress cortisol better?

% alone doesn't determine effects though, there is a ton of good feedback on primaforce for joint recovery but ths genera cissus is the only one that mentions hydroxy or whatever thats why I am wondering if it is different.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Nutraplanet website states that the product is USPLabs certified...the product is called Hydroxl 4, which is the cissus extraction in Symmetry...I'm just sayin'...

vince spider

vince spider

Awards
  • Established

have you tried primaforce? because if you havent tried it to compare then your veiw isnt coming from anywhere of any substance. i personally am taking usp's bulk supercissus at the moment which im finding very good but i will be getting some primaforce cissus in my next nutraplanet order to see how it compares. a couple of guys from my gym swear by primaforce cissus as the one,. so i intend to find out for myself
:clean:

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no, zombie is just a nut-hugger for certain companies

have you tried primaforce? because if you havent tried it to compare then your veiw isnt coming from anywhere of any substance. i personally am taking usp's bulk supercissus at the moment which im finding very good but i will be getting some primaforce cissus in my next nutraplanet order to see how it compares. a couple of guys from my gym swear by primaforce cissus as the one,. so i intend to find out for myself

sp33dkillz

sp33dkillz

Awards
Black dragon labs makes a cissus product too, and i've never heard anyone mention it. I found some cheap and stocked up a few months back.

G

Keep us updated on the comparison it's good for every party involved from consumer to company.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I would go with Super Cissus Rx. The founder and creator that lead the industry to create cissus products.

But are they the same? Well split open a few caps and super cissus shines differently.
I am not suprised to hear that from the founder and creator

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Primaforce Cissus sucks. I used 1 bottle. I'd stick with USPLabs, and i wouldn't hesitate to try AN Osteo-C.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Primaforce Cissus sucks. I used 1 bottle. I'd stick with USPLabs, and i wouldn't hesitate to try AN Osteo-C.
wow thanks for the detailed response about why it sucks..

from your review i can see why. EXPLAIN

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

It doesn't even need to come to that.

Fact of the matter is, you guys know what the heck is going on with Cissus, and 90% of the copycats don't.

There's more to SuperCissusRx than just ther ketosteroids in it, it also contains several important minerals/vitamins and polysacharides. And if I'm wrong in saying that, then perhaps I should stop smoking my cissus. :p

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i have used usp's cissus and super cissus, nutra's bulk cissus and primaforce cissus

prima stacks up just as good as usp's super cissus and i'm on my third bottle of prima right now

i also have just bought the bulk version of usp's super cissus which i intend to use soon.

:thumbsup:

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Originally Posted by poison

wow thanks for the detailed response about why it sucks..
:toofunny:

vince spider

vince spider

Awards
  • Established
Keep us updated on the comparison it's good for every party involved from consumer to company.
will do, im am a big fan of usp laps and am currently running new powefull(which is totally awesome) and bulk supercissus. the combination im really enjoying.:clap2:
but like i said earlier would just like to see how the 40% primaforce cissus compares

vince spider

vince spider

Awards
  • Established
yeah thats sounds like a really educated responce:toofunny:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established

:toofunny:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have used usp's cissus and super cissus, nutra's bulk cissus and primaforce cissus

prima stacks up just as good as usp's super cissus and i'm on my third bottle of prima right now

i also have just bought the bulk version of usp's super cissus which i intend to use soon.

:thumbsup:
It's good to hear from somebody that has tried most versions of the cissus products. Have you been finding similar results from the different cissus extracts regardless of % ketosterones? Or perhaps more anabolic properties from the higher % extracts?

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
It's good to hear from somebody that has tried most versions of the cissus products. Have you been finding similar results from the different cissus extracts regardless of % ketosterones? Or perhaps more anabolic properties from the higher % extracts?
i been lifting almost 18 years, lifted a sh*tload of heavy weights in this time and therefore my body has a few aches, pains and joint/tendon damage mainly in my lower back, left knee and both shoulder joints

not really concerned with the anabolic properties of cissus but it is a welcome extra, i'm really only interested in helping look after my joints, tendons etc

started with usp's cissus which i found great, used nutra's bulk cissus which wasn't so great but u get what u pay for, back to usp's cissus which once again proved it's worth, then usp super cissus came out which was fantastic as it worked well and i didn't need to take so many caps, primaforce came along and i decided to give it a crack and it's proved it's worth, definitly does the business as far as i'm concerened and i'm on my third bottle, last ages as i only need 2 - 3 caps a day to stay ok, have just brought some bulk super cissus in my last order however and i'm tossing up on using that at night and taking prima in the morning, not sure yet

as far as keto's go, there's just too much keto this, keto that, so i'm over it, i'll let the supps do the talking, i don't support a product just because it's the "in" product or company at the time, i'm not a bandwagon kind dude, i just support products that work and do a lot of research, question people who know their stuff and walk the walk and read tons of feedback before i make my decision to purchase

cheers guys

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
no, zombie is just a nut-hugger for certain companies
im a nut hugger ? ? ? wtf. why do you say that ??as a consumer i have bought alot of supplements and not all of them work for me, the ones that have worked for me i pimp them cause they work. if im a nut hugger why would i say things about 2 products from 2 diferent companies.

vince spider

vince spider

Awards
  • Established
im a nut hugger ? ? ? wtf. why do you say that ??as a consumer i have bought alot of supplements and not all of them work for me, the ones that have worked for me i pimp them cause they work. if im a nut hugger why would i say things about 2 products from 2 diferent companies.
nut hugging aside, why do say not to get 40% primaforce, what is your reasoning behind this. :think: have you any logic behind your primforce bashing.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
nut hugging aside, why do say not to get 40% primaforce, what is your reasoning behind this. :think: have you any logic behind your primforce bashing.
If gettin a greater extract would be cost effective/better dont you think that USPlabs would come up with thar first ? As for primaforce i know alot of guys @ my gym that use the basics from those guys (Creatine, your favorite glutamine and ZMA) and they love it its , some of them have used Prima 40% cissus and haves used the old and new supercissus rx. I have had comments that they fell pumped and not alot of relief on their joints with the Primaforce cissys compared to the other cissus form USPLabs.

i might add some to my next order to test it out for my self.

vince spider

vince spider

Awards
  • Established
If gettin a greater extract would be cost effective/better dont you think that USPlabs would come up with thar first ? As for primaforce i know alot of guys @ my gym that use the basics from those guys (Creatine, your favorite glutamine and ZMA) and they love it its , some of them have used Prima 40% cissus and haves used the old and new supercissus rx. I have had comments that they fell pumped and not alot of relief on their joints with the Primaforce cissys compared to the other cissus form USPLabs.

i might add some to my next order to test it out for my self.
interesting, i heard the complete opposite in my gym. the guys reckon prima is awesome for joints etc . these are guys with superior development and knowledge than myself. but until i try prima for myself i will not draw any conclusions on prima, good to hear that you will be trying some prima out, maybe then you will have something of substance to draw your conclusions from rather than running off at the mouth running primaforce cissius down on hear say
ps im a big fan of usp labs and no disrespect to them

vince spider

vince spider

Awards
  • Established
If gettin a greater extract would be cost effective/better dont you think that USPlabs would come up with thar first ?
what your reasoning behind this statement? usp laps are a great company but ive heard nothing bad about primaforce
usp laps were the first to bring out cissus but who's to say that primaforce arent capable of bringing out a cissus product that compares well against usp

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
interesting, i heard the complete opposite in my gym. the guys reckon prima is awesome for joints etc . these are guys with superior development and knowledge than myself. but until i try prima for myself i will not draw any conclusions on prima, good to hear that you will be trying some prima out, maybe then you will have something of substance to draw your conclusions from rather than running off at the mouth running primaforce cissius down on hear say
ps im a big fan of usp labs and no disrespect to them
:goodpost:

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i've had this product for 2 months now and feel no difference between the USP cissus and this one...

taste SUCKS - thankfully i capped the rest of my stash - great price though!!
so you still notice joint benefits?

Otherwise I'll be pretty pissed lol.

I made a small order last night and I wanted cissus for my shoulders and to help heal my broken leg. I made a last second switch to genera when I saw it was a 24% rather than 10% which I usually buy.

::sigh:: I guess this is what happens when you stray from NP's bulk selection :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not a fan of the 24% - and plus, it's more anabolic rather than joint relief...

I'm actually enjoying the benefits that Incarnate has now... just feel better on it

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
OK, USP (earlier in this thread) said the Genera stuff is USP's (USP supplies it to Genera). But they didn't say if it's the original Cissus (5%?), or the SuperCissus (10%), or the Symmetry stuff (the "anabolic ketoblahblahblahs"). At 45yrs old, I'm just looking for joint relief. I've had GREAT results from original CissusRx. b_unit says SuperCissus is even better, and Prima 40% may be better yet. I've been pimping USP's Cissus for years now to anyone who will listen, and I'd love to try out the SuperCissus. But if Primaforce's cissus is actually 4x as potent, my wallet may have the final say. But are the numbers misleading here? Will I get just as much "bang for my buck" from SuperCissus?

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm not a fan of the 24% - and plus, it's more anabolic rather than joint relief...

I'm actually enjoying the benefits that Incarnate has now... just feel better on it
I had used incarnate and loved it.

Well, too late to change my order now, as it has already shipped :(

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You may enjoy moreso than I - who knows... I hope for your sake it does work for you:thumbsup:

I had used incarnate and loved it.

Well, too late to change my order now, as it has already shipped :(

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
OK, USP (earlier in this thread) said the Genera stuff is USP's (USP supplies it to Genera). But they didn't say if it's the original Cissus (5%?), or the SuperCissus (10%), or the Symmetry stuff (the "anabolic ketoblahblahblahs"). At 45yrs old, I'm just looking for joint relief. I've had GREAT results from original CissusRx. b_unit says SuperCissus is even better, and Prima 40% may be better yet. I've been pimping USP's Cissus for years now to anyone who will listen, and I'd love to try out the SuperCissus. But if Primaforce's cissus is actually 4x as potent, my wallet may have the final say. But are the numbers misleading here? Will I get just as much "bang for my buck" from SuperCissus?
OK, I've made up my mind -- I will purchase the SuperCissus, for the following reasons:
1) The original Cissus worked great for me, so this should be even more effective.
2) If Primaforce really was able to manufacture a 40% cissus, USP is undoubtedly working on a 50%+ version.
3) The original USP CissusRx came out at a time when I desperately needed it -- without it, I honestly think I would have stopped working out, and I'd be just another fat 45yo couch potato today. Some things are more important than money, and well-placed loyalty is one of them. So I will continue to purchase my cissus from USP. (But get to work on that 50% SuperDuperCissus, lol.)

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
OK, I've made up my mind -- I will purchase the SuperCissus, for the following reasons:
1) The original Cissus worked great for me, so this should be even more effective.
2) If Primaforce really was able to manufacture a 40% cissus, USP is undoubtedly working on a 50%+ version.
3) The original USP CissusRx came out at a time when I desperately needed it -- without it, I honestly think I would have stopped working out, and I'd be just another fat 45yo couch potato today. Some things are more important than money, and well-placed loyalty is one of them. So I will continue to purchase my cissus from USP. (But get to work on that 50% SuperDuperCissus, lol.)
as long as it works for u dude, that's all that matters:thumbsup:

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
OK, USP (earlier in this thread) said the Genera stuff is USP's (USP supplies it to Genera). But they didn't say if it's the original Cissus (5%?), or the SuperCissus (10%), or the Symmetry stuff (the "anabolic ketoblahblahblahs").
Actually, in re-reading, the Genera cissus (as supplied by USP) must be the Symmetry anabolic-type cissus, due to the 24% potency (as opposed to USP's 5 or 10% "normal" cissus). Matthew76 also stated this. Just thought I'd make this correction.