Complete protein source for whey replacement

djl

Awards
  • Established
My wife has Oral Food Allergies, and so is EXTREMELY limited in what she can eat (no eggs, no onions, no garlic, no peaches, etc.--the list of what she knows she can eat is smaller than the list of foods she can't eat).

Her diet is a good as can be expected, given that she's a vegetarian, too(!). But her protein is very limited, her carbs are very high.

She uses Soy protein powder to fairly good effect, but I was wondering what other currently available protein powders exist (NOT milk based)?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the only proteins are either milk, egg, or soy based.

djl

Awards
  • Established
has she tried hemp based protein?
Not yet. I also see that Buckwheat fractions protein (forget who makes it), and Goat Milk (apparently lactose free).

I've also heard of Pea protein (somewhere here on AM), and others, but am not really sure of all of the options that are currently purchaseable.

tattoopierced1

Not yet. I also see that Buckwheat fractions protein (forget who makes it), and Goat Milk (apparently lactose free).

I've also heard of Pea protein (somewhere here on AM), and others, but am not really sure of all of the options that are currently purchaseable.
I believe True Protein has the hemp protein.

djl

Awards
  • Established

Does anyone know why AM automatically gave a link to an unrelated product for the Pea protein I was talking about? Weird that it automatically altered my post...

Thanks everyone for the info. Every little bit helps--it's a tough thing to never, ever be able to eat things that she's previously enjoyed before. She can't go to restraunts due to cross contamination. Etc. etc. etc.