All creatine mono is the same right?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.53%

All creatine mono is the same right?

Just want to make sure my thinking is correct here. All creatine monohydrate is the same correct? Like as far as density goes? Just asking because I want to use my 5 gram scooper from my old creatine mono for my bulk creatine I got from nutra. Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something here.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.69%

im wondering the same thing
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Well, there is basically creatine and HPLC tested creatine. The difference is the purity content. HPLC creatine is more pure.
    •   

4. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.08%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by drewh10987 View Post
    Just want to make sure my thinking is correct here. All creatine monohydrate is the same correct? Like as far as density goes? Just asking because I want to use my 5 gram scooper from my old creatine mono for my bulk creatine I got from nutra. Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something here.
    Bulk density is governed by particle size. Different grades of CM have slightly different densities (i.e. micronized is more dense than regular).

I will say that the difference is quite small. General rule of thumb is 1 and 1/2 TBS. If you're off by 250mg, that's a whopping 5% difference (Oh, no! the sky is falling), and you won't be able to notice any difference.

Which brings me to the guy I lift with in college, who literally licks his shaker clean to get those extra 5mg of already degraded creatine monohydrate. I laughed at him every day during his creatine cycle.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  5. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.08%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Well, there is basically creatine and HPLC tested creatine. The difference is the purity content. HPLC creatine is more pure.
    That's misleading. You can HPLC test a log of my crap for creatine content, and it wouldn't be pure.

High Performance Liquid Chromatography is the preferred method of figuring out if the creatine you've just produced is actually...well...creatine.

Most companies will put their purity and purity test (HLPC) on the labels nowadays, after the Creapure and SKW creatine hit the market, who boasted that other companies were selling impure powdered crap.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.74%

I holler. I was just talking out of my ass. The segment that you HPLC test only proves,...that segment..nothing else. Plus it needs to be mixed in with the liquid for testing.
  7. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.08%

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I holler. I was just talking out of my ass. The segment that you HPLC test only proves,...that segment..nothing else. Plus it needs to be mixed in with the liquid for testing.
    yes, however, you destroy the creatine used in purity tests. It is also quite assumable (depending on how it's processed)that the batch of CM crystals would be a rather homogeneous mixture (2nd law of thermodynamics); therefore, a small sample is used to check composition/purity and is applied to the whole thing.

Is it perfect? No. Is it better than just dumping the powder in a tub and saying it's creatine? Yes. And believe it or not, the use of a small test sample to be extrapolated on the entire product is how purity testing is done for.......EVERYTHING.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.74%

So which would be a better test method ? gas chromotography ?
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.53%

Well a lot of that went over my head, but thanks for the replies. I'm going to assume that if the scooper I have for one is suppose to be five grams that it will work for the other.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.35%

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    yes, however, you destroy the creatine used in purity tests. It is also quite assumable (depending on how it's processed)that the batch of CM crystals would be a rather homogeneous mixture (2nd law of thermodynamics); therefore, a small sample is used to check composition/purity and is applied to the whole thing.

Is it perfect? No. Is it better than just dumping the powder in a tub and saying it's creatine? Yes. And believe it or not, the use of a small test sample to be extrapolated on the entire product is how purity testing is done for.......EVERYTHING.
    Oh sh*t! Sinner is breaking out the laws of thermodynamics!

11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.07%

Creatine Monohydrate and micronized creating monohydrate...
    thats all you really need to know... micronized has the particles many many times smaller so absorption is better. Back in arnolds day haha the creatine was like flower huuuugee particles... micronized is awesome and less stomach discomfort i find

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 02:10 PM
  2. Yellow Gold is the same as Berberine hcl...?
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 05:03 PM
  3. Xtend (not every container is the same I hear)
    By RonShipman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 06:19 PM
  4. is the time right for a bulk?
    By gabe9615 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 02:43 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 04:28 PM