The Product Ideas Thread

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The goal of most supplement companies is to put out products we want to buy (those that don't tend not to stay in business very long). Unfortunately, it's a guessing game sometimes. In attempt to strengthen the symbiotic bond between the producer and consumers, I thought this would make for a good place to drop off ideas, and refer to them.

So the point of this thread is to come out and say "I don't care who make's it I just want to see one of the supplement companies come out with............"

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't care who makes it, but I would love to see a Cotton Candy Flavoredpre-workout supplement that IS NOT arginine-based, and has B-Alanine in the formulation

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Mmm cotton candy flavor. Good idea.

Im a big fan of the new and innovative multivitamins coming out.

Orange TRIad is a great example of how bringing things like immune support, joint support and digestive formulas into a vitamin could work. The last thing I want is 6 or 7 bottles cluttering up my shelf, when I could have one vitamin that took care of all my needs.

RR

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
I got one... How about a way to put gear in an insulin pump! :)

shakti

Awards
i would like some nice flavoured candies that have about a gram of BCAA each, ofcourse sugar free. I think anytime is a good time to get some BCAA's in.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I think ANY company that can put out a pseduo-real SERM instead of ATD or whatever will make a lot of money so people don't have to keep going the 'research route'. I know there is the intellegence/technology out there to come up with something.

Also too, this is starting to be addressed is nasty protein. Nectar is one of the few that does not have the same tired chocolate, vanilla, milk based flavors. More variety is needed.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
I think ANY company that can put out a pseduo-real SERM instead of ATD or whatever will make a lot of money so people don't have to keep going the 'research route'. I know there is the intellegence/technology out there to come up with something.
This was EXACTLY what I thought about when I read the topic title. I've actually been thinking about it for quite some time.

There are alot of good steroid based products on the supplement market, but virtually no good PCT (SERM) products.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This was EXACTLY what I thought about when I read the topic title. I've actually been thinking about it for quite some time.

There are alot of good steroid based products on the supplement market, but virtually no good post cycle therapy (SERM) products.
I'll triple that. I spend about 10% of my time deciding which oral/designer to use and 90% of the time trying to figure out the best pct possible. Specifically restoring HPTA as quickly as possible.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to find a protein blend that does not contain the following:

1)Aspartame
2)Soy Lecithin(or soy anything for that matter)
3)acesulfame-k

I don't give two ****s about the flavors. I'd just like to find a protein blend that don't have the above crap in it and is sweetened with Stevia. Its been impossible to find up to this point.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I'll triple that. I spend about 10% of my time deciding which oral/designer to use and 90% of the time trying to figure out the best post cycle therapy possible. Specifically restoring HPTA as quickly as possible.
What exactly would people like to see in a post cycle product?

CROWLER

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think they're looking for a comparably effective alternative to SERMs.

To find something that works, and is 'naturally occuring' does not sound like an easy task. Granted there are SERM-like phytochemicals such as resveratrol, but to put them to use instead of Tamoxifen is a risk not worth taking (IMHO).

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
something with the same effects as a serm like tam, nolva... that is safe and is not a RESEARCH CHEMICAL

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to find a protein blend that does not contain the following:

1)Aspartame
2)Soy Lecithin(or soy anything for that matter)
3)acesulfame-k

I don't give two ****s about the flavors. I'd just like to find a protein blend that don't have the above crap in it and is sweetened with Stevia. Its been impossible to find up to this point.
You're welcome!

MRM Whey Pumped!

ALL NATURAL

High biological value (BV) protein

Advanced cross flow micro-filtration and ion exchange process

Very low in fat (1 gram per serving)

Fortified with 1 gram of L-Glutamine per serving

Mixes instantly

Great tasting

No artificial sweeteners or flavors

Nutritional Facts:

(Amount per ~24.5g serving)

Total Calories - 87

Calories from Fat - 9

Total Fat - 1g

Saturated Fat - 0.25g

Cholesterol - 20mg

Sodium - 40mg

Potassium - 110mg

Total Carbohydrates - 1.5g

Dietary Fiber - 0g

Sugars - 1g

Protein - 18g

Active Ingredients: HBV blend (Ultrafiltered, Low Temperature Processed Whey Protein Concentrate, Cross Flow Microfiltration Whey Protein Isolate, L-Glutamine & NitroZyme™ - plant based proteolytic enzyme containing bioactive peptidases),Carrageenan, Stevia & Sodium Chloride.

I've tried this and it actually tastes good!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
For a PCT product it should be equally as effective as a SERM. I think it would give 100% of the people here peace of mind knowing they are able now to find 'chemical enhancements' and also appropriate PCT from reuptable companies vs. research companies that we don't know too much about. (of course its for animal use so im sure no one takes it)

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
For a post cycle therapy product it should be equally as effective as a SERM. I think it would give 100% of the people here peace of mind knowing they are able now to find 'chemical enhancements' and also appropriate PCT from reuptable companies vs. research companies that we don't know too much about. (of course its for animal use so im sure no one takes it)
yeah, without the scary "not safe for human consumption" bull**** lol

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Interesting ideas fellas.. RPN is listening so do keep them coming :)

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What exactly would people like to see in a post cycle product?

CROWLER
I guess I should clarify that it does not have to be a pct product if it can effectively stop HPTA shutdown on cycle.....yeah thats gotta be wishful thinking. The hypothalamus essentially controls natural test production (by sending signals to the pituitary gland). When you introducing a exogenous source of test it recognizes an increase in that hormone level and increases other hormone levels. Why not find a way to temporarily block that signal to the hypothalamus? In my mind there is a series of things that happen in this order:

hypothalaumus---luteinizing hormone (LH) releasing hormone---pituitary gland---testicles

(I pry missed like a billion things in between)

But if you could at some point in that equation find somewhere to block or stop inhibition of natural test production while on cycle you could essentially stop shutdown. Like I said though that has to be real complicated as I barely understand what I just typed.

:ntome:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess I should clarify that it does not have to be a post cycle therapy product if it can effectively stop HPTA shutdown on cycle.....yeah thats gotta be wishful thinking. The hypothalamus essentially controls natural test production (by sending signals to the pituitary gland). When you introducing a exogenous source of test it recognizes an increase in that hormone level and increases other hormone levels. Why not find a way to temporarily block that signal to the hypothalamus? In my mind there is a series of things that happen in this order:

hypothalaumus---luteinizing hormone (LH) releasing hormone---pituitary gland---testicles

(I pry missed like a billion things in between)

But if you could at some point in that equation find somewhere to block or stop inhibition of natural test production while on cycle you could essentially stop shutdown. Like I said though that has to be real complicated as I barely understand what I just typed.

:ntome:
I've gotta be honest, when you're on cycle, shutdown is actually desireable (especially if you're taking something with a higher anabolic/androgenic ratio to testosterone). The steroid has to start replacing your endogenous testosterone before it can start building muscle.

punksurfer024

punksurfer024

Awards
id like a supplement company to start selling boxed steaks.....and then let me rep for them ;)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually would just like a simple 50% whey and 50% casein protein powder. I know I can just buy 1 of each and take one scoop of each but then the falvors get messed up and mixing becomes a bit of an issue.

I'd also like a product to take before fasted cardio something like

5gr Leucine
2gr Tyrosine
2gr Acetyl L-Carnitine
1,000~2,000mcg B-12
300mg Potassium Pyruvate
50mg Caffeine

I think The pre-fasted cardio product would sell big time. You can get almost all in bulk powder but it takes time to measure it all out and then chase each. With this you can get 2 scoops throw it down and get to it. Or take one before and sip the other scoop during. Somthing like that

Also I agree with Sinner, a pre-workout supp without Arginine and caffeine. A healthy dose of creatine, Taurine and beta-Alanine. Maybe Citruline. Then whatever else innovative they wanna throw in. :thumbsup:

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've gotta be honest, when you're on cycle, shutdown is actually desireable (especially if you're taking something with a higher anabolic/androgenic ratio to testosterone). The steroid has to start replacing your endogenous testosterone before it can start building muscle.
I guess I dont understand this part of it (maybe a little). Need to find more time for endo...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i like the bcaa candies, good idea and not hard to make. AB, get on it :chick::whip:

how about a quick energy/pre-workout coffee mix just add to hot water or iced water. Sorta starbucksish with good sugar free flavor and stims!

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see a mixture of something like this -
Flavored BCAA's (like XTEND) + Beta Alanine + Creatine in powdered form to consume during and post w/o.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some more flavor ideas I would buy in a heartbeat.
Cranberry Apple
Cranberry Grape
Cranberry Raspberry

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
i like the bcaa candies, good idea and not hard to make. AB, get on it :chick::whip:

how about a quick energy/pre-workout coffee mix just add to hot water or iced water. Sorta starbucksish with good sugar free flavor and stims!
There allready is one for thermogenics, called Javafit, go check it out!

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
There allready is one for thermogenics, called Javafit, go check it out!
Lol, they also used to market an ephedra coffee before the ban. I once brewed a pot of that using Water Joe(caffeinated water). I'm twiching just thinking about it.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Another option for Formestane in a transdermal gel or spray. It gets difficult to disolve sometimes and e-form is getting scarce to find. I think an on cycle acne product has merit as well.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ABB makes a speed stack Extreme Drink, cranapple twist and its terrible.

I do love cranberry apple juice
Yeah, but
1) ABB sucks
2) I was thinking more along the lines of a product such as Xtend or WPI.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another option for Formestane in a transdermal gel or spray. It gets difficult to disolve sometimes and e-form is getting scarce to find. I think an on cycle acne product has merit as well.
I've got an ever better idea: a patch!

One thing that always concerns me with using formestane is if I come in contact with a female, child, or goat.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I've got an ever better idea: a patch!

One thing that always concerns me with using formestane is if I come in contact with a female, child, or goat.
I remember companies discussing a patch carrier for transdermal prohormones back in the day. I think the only major drawback would be the price. Maybe a formestane suppository:jaw: ........If you have any cross-contamination with that product, then you need help.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember companies discussing a patch carrier for transdermal prohormones back in the day. I think the only major drawback would be the price. Maybe a formestane suppository:jaw: ........If you have any cross-contamination with that product, then you need help.
I guess it's all in how it would be put together.

Perhaps if they just make it as one giant sheet, draw squares in the sheet to mark off 50mgs. The user could cut out the dosages and stick them on.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I guess it's all in how it would be put together.

Perhaps if they just make it as one giant sheet, draw squares in the sheet to mark off 50mgs. The user could cut out the dosages and stick them on.
Perforated strips.........reminds me of something else from my younger years :run: . I think this is a nice idea though. It would likely be expensive at first, but I think any company would have a winner with this one.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I would like to see a product that would be called "Bounce" basically causing a massive spike in Natural Test while also creating more Free Test and then it bounces the other way 24hrs later allowing good estrogen to rise and balance out and then same thing with the test next day. Or alternatively it could bounce throughout the day mimicing the bodies natural supply.

Other than that something that makes us hormonally 16yrs old again :)

All in one bulk powder that raises test / controls estrogen / keeps cortisol in check and shuttles nutrients into muscles :)

No worries I'll be looking for them tomorrow.

Much Love,

Neoborn

the Cardinal

Awards
200mg of Transdermal Formestane > 1000mg of encapsulated Formestane, though.
Maybe - or maybe not. If the encapsulated ingredients are placed in a decent oil-based carrier, oral bioavailabilty could be greatly enhanced. What what make such a product even more appealing would a sustained-release capsule, which would drive up the cost, but would be the ideal OTC PCT product, IMHO.

I'm not a big proponent of all test/no estrogen PCT. I believe in jacking up natural test without suppression, while continuing to allow healthful amounts of "good" estrogen to be produced. That's why I like the idea of these particular ingredients in an oral product. One might even argue (hypothetically, of course) that if you take such a product with NAC and ALA, it could be used almost continuously as an OTC alternative to prescription HRT.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Maybe - or maybe not. If the encapsulated ingredients are placed in a decent oil-based carrier, oral bioavailabilty could be greatly enhanced. What what make such a product even more appealing would a sustained-release capsule, which would drive up the cost, but would be the ideal OTC post cycle therapy product, IMHO.

I'm not a big proponent of all test/no estrogen post cycle therapy. I believe in jacking up natural test without suppression, while continuing to allow healthful amounts of "good" estrogen to be produced. That's why I like the idea of these particular ingredients in an oral product. One might even argue (hypothetically, of course) that if you take such a product with NAC and ALA, it could be used almost continuously as an OTC alternative to prescription HRT.
How about this-

liquid oral delivery- (like the VPX and Pharmagenx liquid prohormones of old)-

250mg Formestane
250mg Resveratrol

Last edited:

the Cardinal

Awards
How about this-

liquid oral delivery- (like the VPX and Pharmagenx liquid prohormones of old)-

250mg Formestane
250mg Resveratrol
Personally, I like resveratrol. But if you want an economical product containing ingredients that have been extensively researched, DHEA and DIM make more sense if the goal is to increase T, minimize but not eliminate E, and to take care of the liver in the absence of any extensive research regarding the long-term effects of such a combo.

Remember, there are a wealth of products on the that generally fall into one extreme category or the other: they either annihilate estrogen, which ain't good over any reasonable period of time, or they are mimickers of estrogen, which means despite all our discussions, we really don't have enough solid evidence (IMO) to say what's happening with an unbound estrogen that may be displaced by the mimickers.

However, we know from pretty credible research that: 1) formestane, even in oral form, is a very effective aromatase inhibitor, hence it will block a substantial amount of conversion to E; 2) DHEA, in the absence of an aromatase inhibitor, converts to both estrogen and testosterone, so it's reasonable to conclude (and is actually borne out if you search for a patent issued on 2/24/04, that included DHEA and atamestane) that DHEA with an aromatase inhibitor will raise the amount of conversion to T while minimizing the conversion to E; 3) DIM will minimize the conversion of the E that remains (and that is needed for overall health) into it's more toxic metabolite; and 4) piperine appears to enhance oral bioavailabilty of similar compounds.

I think it's great there are so many effective products on the market, but I'm amazed that in the search for the "holy grail" of PCT/natural HRT, DHEA has been completely (well, almost) overlooked in favor of more exotic, but less well-researched, compounds. And despite the focus on free T, total T levels correlate well with overall life expectancy of males, even when other factors have been ruled out!

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I'll triple that. I spend about 10% of my time deciding which oral/designer to use and 90% of the time trying to figure out the best post cycle therapy possible. Specifically restoring HPTA as quickly as possible.
I'll add another vote to that. The source I know I can trust hasn't been around due to personal issues. I can still get what needs to be got but its a pain in the ass.

Coming out with a SERM that is 'OTC' would kick arse.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The newest AN product, DRIVE, will be coming out in a few more weeks- it will address this issue ;)

Imagine a product (but not necessarily a SERM) that is non-steroidal and can be used for PCT, or as a stand-alone anabolic, that actually allows you to recover the HPTA while adding lean mass and losing body fat- impossible? Check out some of the reviews from some of the testers :)

PS- we have been working on product development for several of these ideas (can't say which ones) over the last 6 mos.- look for some of these ideas to come to fruition in the near future!!!!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
The newest AN product, DRIVE, will be coming out in a few more weeks- it will address this issue ;)

Imagine a product (but not necessarily a SERM) that is non-steroidal and can be used for post cycle therapy, or as a stand-alone anabolic, that actually allows you to recover the HPTA while adding lean mass and losing body fat- impossible? Check out some of the reviews from some of the testers :)

PS- we have been working on product development for several of these ideas (can't say which ones) over the last 6 mos.- look for some of these ideas to come to fruition in the near future!!!!
:goodpost:

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established

Imagine a product (but not necessarily a SERM) that is non-steroidal and can be used for post cycle therapy, or as a stand-alone anabolic, that actually allows you to recover the HPTA while adding lean mass and losing body fat- impossible? Check out some of the reviews from some of the testers :)

Formestane Suppository!!!!:head:

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Been there done that with a 4oz dildo shaped form suppository. The most enjoyable product I have used and abused so far :thumbsup:

Also stack this 4oz'r with 2oz of Saw Palmetto bulk powder to keep your prostate rocking.

Intense Stack!!!

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I like resveratrol. But if you want an economical product containing ingredients that have been extensively researched, DHEA and DIM make more sense if the goal is to increase T, minimize but not eliminate E, and to take care of the liver in the absence of any extensive research regarding the long-term effects of such a combo.

Remember, there are a wealth of products on the that generally fall into one extreme category or the other: they either annihilate estrogen, which ain't good over any reasonable period of time, or they are mimickers of estrogen, which means despite all our discussions, we really don't have enough solid evidence (IMO) to say what's happening with an unbound estrogen that may be displaced by the mimickers.

However, we know from pretty credible research that: 1) formestane, even in oral form, is a very effective aromatase inhibitor, hence it will block a substantial amount of conversion to E; 2) DHEA, in the absence of an aromatase inhibitor, converts to both estrogen and testosterone, so it's reasonable to conclude (and is actually borne out if you search for a patent issued on 2/24/04, that included DHEA and atamestane) that DHEA with an aromatase inhibitor will raise the amount of conversion to T while minimizing the conversion to E; 3) DIM will minimize the conversion of the E that remains (and that is needed for overall health) into it's more toxic metabolite; and 4) piperine appears to enhance oral bioavailabilty of similar compounds.

I think it's great there are so many effective products on the market, but I'm amazed that in the search for the "holy grail" of post cycle therapy/natural HRT, DHEA has been completely (well, almost) overlooked in favor of more exotic, but less well-researched, compounds. And despite the focus on free T, total T levels correlate well with overall life expectancy of males, even when other factors have been ruled out!
: Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003 May 30;203(1-2):13-23. Links
Evidence that dehydroepiandrosterone, DHEA, directly inhibits GnRH gene expression in GT1-7 hypothalamic neurons.Cui H, Lin SY, Belsham DD.
Department of Physiology, Toronto General Hospital Research Institute, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Medical Sciences Building 3247A, 1 King's College Circle, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 1A8.

Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) has been reported to have diverse effects on overall physiology, although its mechanism of action and specific receptor are not yet known. We have used the immortalized, clonal GT1-7 hypothalamic neurons to study DHEA effects on gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) gene expression. DHEA (10(-4) M) downregulates GnRH transcription by 39, 70 and 83% at 24, 36, and 48 h, respectively, while DHEA-sulphate had no effect. Hydroxyflutamide a specific androgen receptor (AR) antagonist, and cyproterone acetate or trilostane, both inhibitors of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 4,5 isomerase, the rate-limiting enzyme for the conversion of DHEA to sex steroids, did not affect the ability of DHEA to downregulate GnRH gene expression. We found that GT1-7 cells did not express aromatase, thereby precluding conversion to estrogen. Analysis of [(14)C] DHEA metabolism by thin layer chromatography indicates that the main metabolites produced are 7 alpha- and 7 beta-hydroxy DHEA, and 7-oxo DHEA, although these steroids were not able to repress GnRH gene expression alone. Cell viability studies indicated that the transcriptional repression observed is not due to GT1-7 cell death. Interestingly, SV40 T-antigen mRNA levels, under the control of 2.3 kb of the rat GnRH gene 5' regulatory region, are also repressed by DHEA. Our studies indicate that DHEA has direct effects on GnRH transcription that appear to be unique from those observed after conversion to other steroidogenic compounds.

PMID: 12782399 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I posted this long ago and no one ever seemed to notice. Doesn't this pretty much tell us DHEA is not a good idea in PCT or am I reading it wrong?