2 Quick Creatine Monohydrate Qs...

1. Registered User

2 Quick Creatine Monohydrate Qs...

1. How long does it stay in the body at optimal levels after you stop taking it? From memory its 8 wks, but i really have no idea

2. How long before a weigh-in would stop taking it? Im a boxer, with losing the water-weight being the most important element for myself, id say 2 weeks?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

Um let's here.

I would say you'd notice strength levels decrease after about 2-3 days I do anyway because my muscles are not being 'surged' with creatine. At the same time if you need to make weight I'd be careful with creatine. I tend to flush out all the excess water being held from monohydrate in about 4-5 days at the longest.
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Um let's here.

I would say you'd notice strength levels decrease after about 2-3 days I do anyway because my muscles are not being 'surged' with creatine. At the same time if you need to make weight I'd be careful with creatine. I tend to flush out all the excess water being held from monohydrate in about 4-5 days at the longest.
    I usually drop starchy carbs 5 days out & get on a potassium sparing diuretic 2 days if im struggling to make weight. a mild herbal laxative helps eliminate a kg or 2 of waste too.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sjfou View Post
    1. How long does it stay in the body at optimal levels after you stop taking it? From memory its 8 wks, but i really have no idea

2. How long before a weigh-in would stop taking it? Im a boxer, with losing the water-weight being the most important element for myself, id say 2 weeks?
    Interesting question. I definitely don't think it stays in your system for 8 weeks. I typically gain up to about 3 pounds of water weight in 2 days or so when I start on creatine mono, and I'd say that water weight disappears in maybe 5 days. That doesn't necessarily mean the creatine stores have totally depleted, but the weight impact should dissipate in a week at most.

If you are struggling to make weight, there's probably nothing wrong with really playing it safe and stopping the creatine 7-10 days before weigh in. Everybody is a little different, but I'd be surprised if anybody keeps the water weight for more than a week after stopping creatine supplementation. Especially if you're adding in diuretics and stuff, a week should be plenty of time. Good luck man!
    Last edited by EctoPower; 08-01-2007 at 08:42 AM. Reason: spelling
  5. Registered User

Thanks mate.
  6. Registered User

ttt
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. N.O Ex-plode + Cell Mass VS Creatine Monohydrate
    By Inchamery in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 08:21 PM
  2. Creatine Monohydrate...........?
    By RHB31 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 02:46 PM
  3. Low GI carbs and Creatine Monohydrate?
    By thesinner in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 02:17 PM
  4. Creatine Monohydrate Stack Critique
    By cm2222 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 10:08 AM
  5. Creatine Monohydrate
    By R3d in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 02:09 PM