Side Effects of Yohimbine HCL

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Interested in feedback from others who have used Yohimbine HCL. It has been a while since I have used it, but when I did, it was one ingredient of many in a preworkout supplement. After trying to figure out what was causing it, it seemed the Yohimbine HCL was making me nausea.

Is this typical of Yohimbine HCL or less of a problem when using the bulk Yohimbine HCL powder?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Actually I've had products that have had Yohimbe in it and I've also had nausea. I don't recommend anything more than 10mg. That's just me. I don't mind caffiene and whatnot, but those herbal shlt is a little too hardcore for me.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
What dose did you supplement with? or what was the product?
In my experience, the first few times you take yohimbine hcl it will hit you much differently than once you have supplemented with it for a few days/week. My point being is that if you dose slightly high the first time you take it, its likeley to cause this. Try a low dose of 2-6 mg and work up from there. it should minimize effects.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have never had a bad experience with Y-HCl. It helps out with ab fat loss when taken properly and didn't effect my BP or HR significantly.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
The more I think about it, it might have been the plain Yohimbine HCl Caps which were likely 2.5mg per cap. Think I started with either one or two caps, might even have tried one cap and I could feel the effects big time.

:sick:

What dose did you supplement with? or what was the product?
In my experience, the first few times you take yohimbine hcl it will hit you much differently than once you have supplemented with it for a few days/week. My point being is that if you dose slightly high the first time you take it, its likeley to cause this. Try a low dose of 2-6 mg and work up from there. it should minimize effects.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
2.5mg of yohimbine gave u ill sides? it can give some unpleasant sides if dosed a little higher for sure. for example, 15+mg's would give a huge energy boost for a while but then you crash, and get sides like shortness of breathing, nausea, and just a really strange feeling altogether, its not fun. thats just me though, u may be more susceptible at much lower doses. i dont go above 10mg per dose at most(normally only do about 5mg though), and really spread out the doses like 7-8 hours or so.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, going to try it again and hopefully have better luck with it this time.

2.5mg of yohimbine gave u ill sides? it can give some unpleasant sides if dosed a little higher for sure. for example, 15+mg's would give a huge energy boost for a while but then you crash, and get sides like shortness of breathing, nausea, and just a really strange feeling altogether, its not fun. thats just me though, u may be more susceptible at much lower doses. i dont go above 10mg per dose at most(normally only do about 5mg though), and really spread out the doses like 7-8 hours or so.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the only side I have had from it that was undesireable was a walking hard on. Other than that I love the stuff!

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
First time I ever took yohimbine hcl.. i popped 9mg and felt a little jittery... but that was it

perhaps it was possible that it was yohimbe? which can host many other side's due to its extraction

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
perhaps it was possible that it was yohimbe? which can host many other side's due to its extraction
that will do it. there are a lot of different alkaloids in yohimbe that will just give an unpleasant feeling when taking to much.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
It was a while ago, so just might had been that instead of y-hcl. Anyways, put it on my order today and going to give it another shot.

First time I ever took yohimbine hcl.. i popped 9mg and felt a little jittery... but that was it

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbe makes me jittery..almost clen-like.

Elevates my BP everytime.

I'm finding I do NOT like it for pre-WO on lifting days...that's when I feel semi-naseous and short of breath...makes me not want to push hard.

Pre-cardio is an entirely different story. It's great for that and on par with ephedrine IMO.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established

I'm finding I do NOT like it for pre-WO on lifting days...that's when I feel semi-naseous and short of breath...makes me not want to push hard.

Pre-cardio is an entirely different story. It's great for that and on par with ephedrine IMO.
imo, yohimbine is much cleaner feeling then yohimbe. i will not use yohimbe again, but i love yohimbine+caffine.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
If it makes you feel that weird lower the dose. No biggie. It has that kick that I need, and if I need more kick then I adjust the dose. Reliability is an amazing thing..

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We have a lot of experience with yohimbine-containing supplements (and for those who don't know, yohimbe and yohimbine are very different things).

Even yohimbine HCl, though, can cause unpleasant side effects at low doses for some people. Anxiety, increases in heart rate and blood pressure, etc.

So, we keep yohimbine in our fat loss topicals to avoid systemic delivery, while we substituted alpha-yohimbine for yohimbine HCl in HEAT.

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
I personally have bad sides from any significant dose of Yohimbe, whether standarized, raw powdered bark, or transdermal.

It elevates my blood pressure and makes me cranky as hell...sometimes it makes me have anxiety/panic problems.

Perhaps its just me, but I've heard this from some users. Hopefully you're not one of them!

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Siz, have you tried any of our transdermal products with yohimbine (Lipoderm-Y, Lipoderm-Ultra)?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I did and tolerated them well....until I added too much caffiene to one bottle. I was awake for 20 hours, lol.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
So you experience was with Yohimbe, not Yohimbine HCL right?

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
imo, yohimbine is much cleaner feeling then yohimbe. i will not use yohimbe again, but i love yohimbine+caffine.
definitely agree..

I cannot express enough that there is a world of a difference between yohimbe and yohimbine hcl

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
So you experience was with Yohimbe, not Yohimbine HCL right?
To clarify..since I wrote that in a hurry..

Yohimbe made me jittery as hell although the libido boosting effects were more pronounced.

Yohimbine HCL produces no jitters,a much cleaner energy and mood.

BOTH will keep me awake if I dose too late in the day and both elevate my BP fairly consistently.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the clarification.

Did you get a libido boosting effect from the Yohimbine HCL?

To clarify..since I wrote that in a hurry..

Yohimbe made me jittery as hell although the libido boosting effects were more pronounced.

Yohimbine HCL produces no jitters,a much cleaner energy and mood.

BOTH will keep me awake if I dose too late in the day and both elevate my BP fairly consistently.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yes, but not as big of a boost as yohimbe. Yohimbe had me hanging low...just too cracked out to enjoy it.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbe HCL made for awesome orgasms and was a key to fat loss
when combined with Norephedrine and caffiene.

downside mania, nervousness,paranoia

I believe there is a receptor saturation point that decreases with age, at least that was my experience. I loved it for about 10 years and then just couldn't handle it anymore around my mid 30's

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
By couldn't handle it, you mean it had more of a negative impact?

Yohimbe HCL made for awesome orgasms and was a key to fat loss
when combined with Norephedrine and caffiene.

downside mania, nervousness,paranoia

I believe there is a receptor saturation point that decreases with age, at least that was my experience. I loved it for about 10 years and then just couldn't handle it anymore around my mid 30's

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Starting at 2.5mg today; would it be better to take it with food to minimize the side effects?

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Starting at 2.5mg today; would it be better to take it with food to minimize the side effects?
The insulin spike that is associated with sugars and simple carbohydrates will counteract some of the effects of yohimbine. So for best results, maximum thermogenic effect, make sure you take it at least 45 mins before meals, or 45 mins after a smaller meal

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Good idea! My thought was to work up to that based on what I have experienced with it before.

Hoping it works better this time :)

The insulin spike that is associated with sugars and simple carbohydrates will counteract some of the effects of yohimbine. So for best results, maximum thermogenic effect, make sure you take it at least 45 mins before meals, or 45 mins after a smaller meal

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
HAHA! Myth, I like you man - but that's a bit toooo much info brother! lol

ASPIRE36 gives me walking / talking / can't go to the grocery store wood! I LIKE IT! Wife on the other hand........

the only side I have had from it that was undesireable was a walking hard on. Other than that I love the stuff!

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Well, tried one cap this morning and everything seemed fine. Then tried another one around lunchtime and that was when it hit me; nausea :sad:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It seems to have a longer halflife than E or at least one of it's metabolites does. I've had the same experience..not felt too much then added some more and POW..reached critical mass before I knew it.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Would a daily dosage of only 2.5mg be at all beneficial?

It seems to have a longer halflife than E or at least one of it's metabolites does. I've had the same experience..not felt too much then added some more and POW..reached critical mass before I knew it.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Probably not for fatloss. If you run that dose for a week or two, you'll build up a tolerance. I have worked my way up to 10 mg per day over the last 4 weeks...slowly. At this dose there is some fatloss for me.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
2 caps about did me in; sure don't see how I can manage 4 with the side effects I felt; much just have to forgo it.

Probably not for fatloss. If you run that dose for a week or two, you'll build up a tolerance. I have worked my way up to 10 mg per day over the last 4 weeks...slowly. At this dose there is some fatloss for me.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
ephedrine half life - 3-6 hours
yohimbine half life - 1-2 hours

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
damn, im very sensitive to stimulants, but 2 caps of leviathan (9mg), twice a day... sure im feeling good... but it doesnt bother me at 20+mg a day... weird

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I can't tolerate much ephedrine either. 25 mg per day is more than enough for me. Although I do ok on caffiene. 200-600 mg per day is usually ok though I fair better on lower amounts.

I should probably not offer advice on stims since I am a statistical anomaly. lol

Naven

Awards
I'm in too to try it, just dropped 2.5mg YHCL with some broccoli :)

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I've used up to 9mg of yohimbine at a time (In Leviathan).. have not experienced nausea.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Been off for a few days now and I can tell my adrenals are hurtin'. Feel poooopy.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It's exactly the same for me. I originally bought a gram of yohimbine HCL for a cheap prewo stim, but it just ruined my workouts.

I've never had any nausea issues, though. At higher doses, it can lead to some seriously intense climaxes.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yep..the doubled over "Oh mah Gaaawd!!!" type. lol

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Old ass thread I know, but I'm using SNS yohimbine hcl, and even with 2.5mg, I get the sides associated with "higher dosages"
Higher doses of oral yohimbine may create numerous side effects, such as rapid heart rate, overstimulation, anomalous blood pressure, cold sweating, and insomnia.
And it's always been this way, has the opposite effect on sexual function, the cold sweats make my nuts shivel up like raisins.
Wondering why I am so sensitive.
Bioavailability is listed as being like 3-85 percent. Maybe I'm getting great absorption?
Btw, these sides aren't apparent when I'm doing cardio, just when I'm lifting or chilling.
I'll take it in the morning like around 11, and can't sleep until around 2am.
Anyone get similar reactions from it?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Old ass thread I know, but I'm using SNS yohimbine hcl, and even with 2.5mg, I get the sides associated with "higher dosages"
Higher doses of oral yohimbine may create numerous side effects, such as rapid heart rate, overstimulation, anomalous blood pressure, cold sweating, and insomnia.
And it's always been this way, has the opposite effect on sexual function, the cold sweats make my nuts shivel up like raisins.
Wondering why I am so sensitive.
Bioavailability is listed as being like 3-85 percent. Maybe I'm getting great absorption?
Btw, these sides aren't apparent when I'm doing cardio, just when I'm lifting or chilling.
I'll take it in the morning like around 11, and can't sleep until around 2am.
Anyone get similar reactions from it?
Me. I only still take 2.5-5mg preworkout in the hopes that it enhances fat loss.
Gotta skip it if I'm anticipating sexy times with the girlfriend though.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Me. I only still take 2.5-5mg preworkout in the hopes that it enhances fat loss.
Gotta skip it if I'm anticipating sexy times with the girlfriend though.
I sweat like crazy when I'm doing stuff, but as soon as I stop doing things that keep my hr elevated that cold sweat breaks out.

I think it def enhances fat loss if your active. I sweat like I'm on tren, at just 2.5mg. Not sure about when not active.
Going to keep using it in hopes of building up a tolerance.

Not sure if I should feel envious of those who can use more, or happy I don't need much.

Even crazier is the SNS yohimbine hcl is from back when I repped for them. Exp date was 6/2013. Hasn't lost any potency.
Exactly the same effects as when I first tried to use it.
The " alpha yohimbine" any different?