does p slin work?

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
I bought a couple of bottles of P Slin from USP direct for cheap, but I can't really decide if I think it works or not....I'm taking not knowing to be a bad sign. My diet is excellent right now, as I am keeping very lean for the summer, and I am following the directions verbatim. The only thing I have noticed since taking P Slin is my weight dropping about a pound per week, but i have kind of chalked that up to my summer diet. I haven't gotten any stronger, and my lifts have stayed fairly consistent. Is it possible I am a non-responder, because that doesn't make sense, otherwise they'd lose a lot of money with a money back guarantee. Anyone else not seeing results, please post up here I'd like to know because I haven't really seen any results from logs that really convince me of anything...everyone just says yeah, P Slin -awesome pumps man. Who knows. Thanks for your time everyone.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
I didn't see much of a difference with regular ap myself. i stopped because i was having some common bowel issues normally associated when one starts ap/yellow gold and stopped. but the pumps were about the same, if not yg more.

I bought a couple of bottles of P Slin from USP direct for cheap, but I can't really decide if I think it works or not....I'm taking not knowing to be a bad sign. My diet is excellent right now, as I am keeping very lean for the summer, and I am following the directions verbatim. The only thing I have noticed since taking P Slin is my weight dropping about a pound per week, but i have kind of chalked that up to my summer diet. I haven't gotten any stronger, and my lifts have stayed fairly consistent. Is it possible I am a non-responder, because that doesn't make sense, otherwise they'd lose a lot of money with a money back guarantee. Anyone else not seeing results, please post up here I'd like to know because I haven't really seen any results from logs that really convince me of anything...everyone just says yeah, P Slin -awesome pumps man. Who knows. Thanks for your time everyone.
How long have you been on Pslin?

Please the list the amount and source of carbohydrates used along with timming(What time do you eat what time do you workout).

cp3soja

Awards
i liked it as long as i took around 100grams of carbs after taking it. one time i only took one scoop of vitargo(36 carbs) instead of my normal 3 scoops (108 carbs) and it made me feel like crap. no energy at all and weak as hell. but when dosing it with 3 scoops the pumps were sick and the stamina was awesome.

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
I take mine with pro lab lean matrix carb component and cytocarb 2 and about 50-60 grams of whey and about 1.5-2 hours later I feel solid as hell and pumped like a mfer. If you don't think it works go ahead take so,me pslin and don't have any carbs and you will feel ot trust me I use to cycle insulin back in the days and the feeling is similar without that I am about to die feeling. I gotta hand it to jacob this is a top notch product I got in on the sale and got hooked up big time I walked with 8 bottles:djparty: On my off days I take it and 15 minutes later just start eating and eating and eating for the next couple of hours I feel like a beast, never tried ap but for me p-slin is the shizzle. Try taking your p-slin with 3 grams aakg 1 gram taurine, 3 gtams lucine and 2.5 grams of creatine ( I use half a scoop of storm) all I have to say is BANANAS!!!!!!!:fool2:

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been on Pslin?

Please the list the amount and source of carbohydrates used along with timming(What time do you eat what time do you workout).
I've been taking it since 7/18. On workout days i eat 1 -1.5 cups raw oats and the difference in whole wheat pasta to get to about 110 grams of carbs along with a whey shake mixed with skim milk anywhere from 1-2 hrs pre-workout and about 15 min after taking p slin. Non-workout days i take p slin first thing when i wake up, walk my puppy then go through the same meal except instead of a whey shake i usually make some egg whites. When i workout it's usually in the AM approx 2-3 hrs after i get up. Feel no different, would def be open to changing things up or trying something new because i was very excited about this product.

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
Also, i rarely eat any simple carbs except from fruit. I live on a farm so I eat very very well. I can go into my backyard and pick anything from rasberries and kiwis to string beans and squash, along with organic beef and eggs. Also, one of my fav foods is sweet potatoes so i get a lot of that in my diet as well. I really want this to work and I'd prefer to stay away from waxy maize and stuff like that, i like to stay as natural with my diet besides the whey shakes. Thanks.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, i rarely eat any simple carbs except from fruit. I live on a farm so I eat very very well. I can go into my backyard and pick anything from rasberries and kiwis to string beans and squash, along with organic beef and eggs. Also, one of my fav foods is sweet potatoes so i get a lot of that in my diet as well. I really want this to work and I'd prefer to stay away from waxy maize and stuff like that, i like to stay as natural with my diet besides the whey shakes. Thanks.
That is like a dream for me, I wish I could just go into my backyard and get fresh fruit. Instead I've been stuck on a processed caf-like diet for almost a year straight due to work and before that school.

I've heard PSlin works for many other people doing the eating guide you're following. Maybe give it another week? the USPlabs rep could give you better advice.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
P-slin has worked for me. I was one of the Beta testers/Focus Group for it and had good results with it. Endurance was most noticable for me. And Complex Carbohydrates seem to work the best with this. 100grams seem to be the sweet spot, but may have to adjust accordingly to what suites you.
Good stuff. I have a few bottles here that I bought after the testing.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you're misunderstanding how P-slin works.

What's happening is it optimizes your body's ability to store carbohydrates as muscle glycogen. This is it's direct effect.

What can this do for you?

You're body naturally secretes a hormone called Insulin to drive carbs, proteins, and other goodies into the muscle. Only problem with insulin is that it's.......we'll call it bisexual: it likes muscle tissue and fat tissue, and it doesn't care where it goes as long as it can get some :) P-slin, on the otherhand, is a special blend of plant complexes which enhance your body's ability to store carbs into the muscle as opposed to fat tissue.

This will make for tremendous recomposition as nutrients are becoming harder to be stored as fat.

Strength may go up. There's sort of a weak link between having better glycogen stores and an increase in strength, but rest assured it's there.

Keep looking in the mirror every day, and try taking before and after picture (if you got a camera). The mirror is gonna tell you more if this product is working than a scale or a barbell.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards

What's happening is it optimizes your body's ability to store carbohydrates as muscle glycogen. This is it's direct effect.

You're body naturally secretes a hormone called Insulin to drive carbs, proteins, and other goodies into the muscle. Only problem with insulin is that it's.......we'll call it bisexual: it likes muscle tissue and fat tissue, and it doesn't care where it goes as long as it can get some :) P-slin, on the otherhand, is a special blend of plant complexes which enhance your body's ability to store carbs into the muscle as opposed to fat tissue.

This will make for tremendous recomposition as nutrients are becoming harder to be stored as fat.

Strength may go up. There's sort of a weak link between having better glycogen stores and an increase in strength, but rest assured it's there.

Keep looking in the mirror every day, and try taking before and after picture (if you got a camera). The mirror is gonna tell you more if this product is working than a scale or a barbell.

That is why teh Jury is still out for me. Only 2nd week....

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
sinner- very good post, well explained, but the number one claim coming directly from the p-slin bottle is strength, followed by pumps, vascularity, power, and endurance. I do not dispute the science behind what you say, however, with a 100% money back guarantee, i would like to see all of these claims fulfilled to at least some degree to be satisfied. It recommends 60 days for best results; I have three bottles so I will be trying this and will most definitely post up my results. Thanks guys, please keep the replies and user feedback coming.

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
I guess I can't help being very critical of supplements, as this is where a large portion of my money goes after rent, car payment, etc, and every company claims their products are the best lol

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established

P-slin, on the otherhand, is a special blend of plant complexes which enhance your body's ability to store carbs into the muscle as opposed to fat tissue.
My question is. Has this statement ever been back up by scientific data? Or is this anecdotal reports from P-Slin users. To my knowledge, I have not seen any data to support these claims.

Perhaps this data has already been displayed I jsut haven't seen it yet. If someone has got it could they post it please?

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
Or are we basing the claims off of text's like this:
Berberine stimulates glucose transport through a mechanism distinct from insulin.
Zhou L, Yang Y, Wang X, Liu S, Shang W, Yuan G, Li F, Tang J, Chen M, Chen J.

Shanghai Clinical Center for Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, Shanghai Institute of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China.

Berberine exerts a hypoglycemic effect, but the mechanism remains unknown. In the present study, the effect of berberine on glucose uptake was characterized in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. It was revealed that berberine stimulated glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes in a dose- and time-dependent manner with the maximal effect at 12 hours. Glucose uptake was increased by berberine in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes as well. Berberine-stimulated glucose uptake was additive to that of insulin in 3T3-L1 adipocytes, even at the maximal effective concentrations of both components. Unlike insulin, the effect of berberine on glucose uptake was insensitive to wortmannin, an inhibitor of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, and SB203580, an inhibitor of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. Berberine activated extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) 1/2, but PD98059, an ERK kinase inhibitor, only decreased berberine-stimulated glucose uptake by 32%. Berberine did not induce Ser473 phosphorylation of Akt nor enhance insulin-induced phosphorylation of Akt. Meanwhile, the expression and cellular localization of glucose transporter 4 (GLUT4) were not altered by berberine. Berberine did not increase GLUT1 gene expression. However, genistein, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor, completely blocked berberine-stimulated glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and preadipocytes, suggesting that berberine may induce glucose transport via increasing GLUT1 activity. In addition, berberine increased adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase and acetyl-coenzyme A carboxylase phosphorylation. These findings suggest that berberine increases glucose uptake through a mechanism distinct from insulin, and activated adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase seems to be involved in the metabolic effect of berberine.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, P-slin does not contain Berberine.

There are no scientific studies done on P-Slin itself, but you would be more than likely to find data on gynmemic acid and tannic acid (the two actives in the formula).

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have seen unbelievable increases in stamina, and definite strength increases. I also have noticed a leaning out effect. Unlike a lot of guys, I don't spend too much time on worrying about differrent sources of carbs. I take a cap of pslin 30 min pre-workout, and then just take in whatever is around be it, gatorade, pasta, rice, etc. I love this product and would not train without it.:nono:

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have seen unbelievable increases in stamina, and definite strength increases. I also have noticed a leaning out effect. Unlike a lot of guys, I don't spend too much time on worrying about differrent sources of carbs. I take a cap of pslin 30 min pre-workout, and then just take in whatever is around be it, gatorade, pasta, rice, etc. I love this product and would not train without it.:nono:
Sounds like it is going great for you! Keep us updated.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Ok, P-slin does not contain Berberine.

There are no scientific studies done on P-Slin itself, but you would be more than likely to find data on gynmemic acid and tannic acid (the two actives in the formula).
The Tannis Complex in P-Slin comes from Lagerstroemia
speciosa aka Banaba extract.

If anyone is interested in what is in P-Slin, I would suggest doing searches on that and Gymnema Sylvestre.

That seemed to help me get a better understanding of what is in the product and what it does...before I jump on board next week! So pumped. (pun intended)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sinner- very good post, well explained, but the number one claim coming directly from the p-slin bottle is strength, followed by pumps, vascularity, power, and endurance. I do not dispute the science behind what you say, however, with a 100% money back guarantee, i would like to see all of these claims fulfilled to at least some degree to be satisfied. It recommends 60 days for best results; I have three bottles so I will be trying this and will most definitely post up my results. Thanks guys, please keep the replies and user feedback coming.
Marketing my friend; just because it's the first thing on the label doesn't mean it's the first thing you're gonna notice. P-slin, can and more than likely will enhance your strength or stamina, but it's through the route I had explained earlier. There are other factors that might be limiting to your strength; hence, your lack of noticing any strength gains.