John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
heres one study

Search Results from the National Library of Medicine and PubMed. Disclaimer Notice

New Search Save Article Save Query: cissus
Place in Cart Email Citation
Export selected citation in EndNoteRefManProCite Export

Title: The use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.
Author: Oben J , Kuate D , Agbor G , Momo C , Talla X
Source: Lipids Health Dis, 5(): 24 2006
Service Fee: $12.00 ; Copyright Royalties: $0.00

Abstract: AIM: Once considered a problem of developed countries, obesity and obesity-related complications (such as metabolic syndrome) are rapidly spreading around the globe. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of metabolic syndrome, particularly weight loss and central obesity. METHODS: The study was a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled design involving 123 overweight and obese persons (47.2% male; 52.8% female; ages 19-50). The 92 obese (BMI >30) participants were randomized into three groups; placebo, formulation/no diet, and formulation/diet (2100-2200 calories/day). The 31 overweight participants (BMI = 25-29) formed a fourth (no diet) treatment group. All participants received two daily doses of the formulation or placebo and remained on a normal or calorie-controlled diet for 8 weeks. RESULTS: At the end of the trial period, statistically significant net reductions in weight and central obesity, as well as in fasting blood glucose, total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, triglycerides, and C-reactive protein were observed in participants who received the formulation, regardless of diet. CONCLUSION: Cissus quadrangularis formulation appears to be useful in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.
Language: eng
Unique Identifier:
MajorMeSH Heading: Diet, Reducing
MinorMeSH Heading Adult, Anti-Obesity Agents, Blood Glucose, Body Mass Index, Body Weight, Cholesterol, Cholesterol, HDL, Cholesterol, LDL, Cissus, Diarrhea, Double-Blind Method, Female, Headache, Humans, Male, Metabolic Syndrome X, Middle Aged, Obesity, Overweight, Plant Extracts, Prospective Studies, Treatment Outcome, Triglycerides, Weight Loss,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Publication Type: Journal Article
ISSN: 1476511X
Country of Publication: England

heres another(noting it decreases fatloss,improves health and lipid profile , cardiovasuclar function and builds muscle mass. one nice combo.

Search Results from the National Library of Medicine and PubMed. Disclaimer Notice

New Search Save Article Save Query: cissus
Place in Cart Email Citation
Export selected citation in EndNoteRefManProCite Export

Title: The effect of Cissus quadrangularis (CQR-300) and a Cissus formulation (CORE) on obesity and obesity-induced oxidative stress.
Author: Oben JE , Enyegue DM , Fomekong GI , Soukontoua YB , Agbor GA
Source: Lipids Health Dis, 6(): 4 2007
Service Fee: $12.00 ; Copyright Royalties: $0.00

Abstract: AIM: Obesity is generally linked to complications in lipid metabolism and oxidative stress. The aim of this study was to compare the effect of a proprietary extract of Cissus quadrangularis (CQR-300) to that of a proprietary formulation containing CQR-300 (CORE) on weight, blood lipids, and oxidative stress in overweight and obese people. METHODS: The first part of the study investigated the in vitro antioxidant properties of CQR-300 and CORE using 3 different methods, while the second part of the study was a double-blind placebo controlled design, involving initially 168 overweight and obese persons (38.7% males; 61.3% females; ages 19-54), of whom 153 completed the study. All participants received two daily doses of CQR-300, CORE, or placebo and were encouraged to maintain their normal levels of physical activity. Anthropometric measurements and blood sampling were done at the beginning and end of the study period. RESULTS: CQR-300 as well as CORE exhibited antioxidant properties in vitro. They also acted as in vivo antioxidants, bringing about significant (p < 0.001) reductions in plasma TBARS and carbonyls. Both CQR-300 and CORE also brought about significant reductions in weight, body fat, total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, triglycerides, and fasting blood glucose levels over the respective study periods. These changes were accompanied by a significant increase in HDL-cholesterol levels, plasma 5-HT, and creatinine. CONCLUSION: CQR-300 (300 mg daily) and CORE (1028 mg daily) brought about significant reductions in weight and blood glucose levels, while decreasing serum lipids thus improving cardiovascular risk factors. The increase in plasma 5-HT and creatinine for both groups hypothesizes a mechanism of controlling appetite and promoting the increase of lean muscle mass by Cissus quadrangularis, thereby supporting the clinical data for weight loss and improving cardiovascular health.
Language: eng
Unique Identifier:
MajorMeSH Heading: Cissus
MinorMeSH Heading Adult, Anti-Obesity Agents, Antioxidants, Body Weight, Double-Blind Method, Female, Flavonoids, Humans, Male, Middle Aged, Obesity, Overweight, Oxidative Stress, Phenols, Placebos, Plant Extracts, Reference Values,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Publication Type: Controlled Clinical Trial
ISSN: 1476511X
Country of Publication: England

Google it on pubmed there are many studies on Cissus

Owen70

Awards
these were sponsored by Iovate (i.e. muscletech/six star) if i recall correctly

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
How do you find good relative stuff on pubmed? Can someone give me a description of how to?

Thanks,

Neoborn.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
How do you find good relative stuff on pubmed? Can someone give me a description of how to?

Thanks,

Neoborn.
All I've done was search and see if you can find something relevant. I don't think there's another way... Maybe there is??

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
no just find the word your looking for search and look for the result your looking for. The results speak for themselvs on Pubmed back by exclusive research and studies, unlike most of the companies are willing to provide claiming there product does x.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
So Smeaton give me a run down you just put in "cissus" and boom you got those results or what? What categories did you search?

fitnecise

Awards
no just find the word your looking for search and look for the result your looking for. The results speak for themselvs on Pubmed back by exclusive research and studies, unlike most of the companies are willing to provide claiming there product does x.
You can't get anything really from an abstract, you can't see study design, actual results, conclusion, etc. Abstract conclusions are not always in line with the full text's, and I believe this is because abstracts are not always (maybe rarely or never?) written by the authors themselves. Study results may be manipulated but still make it to the medline database, etc.

Ironically it is often the misquotation of abstracts by those who haven't examined the full text and relating data that spreads incorrect info on an ingredient, not a company.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Search our extensive Articles database

Article Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Email this article » Print this article »

Latest Research: New insights into accelerating muscle growth Part-1

by Paul Cribb, B.H.Sci HMS
AST Director of Research

It doesn’t take much to be a cut above the average person; someone that’s a step ahead of the crowd. An above-average person is one that develops the knack of not blindly following the masses into life’s many pit-falls. They see the trend of what’s going on but always take that split second to assess the facts before the decision is made. What makes a person above-average has nothing to do with the size of their bank account, the type of car they drive or a college degree. Anyone can truly be, above-average.

Being above-average does not mean being immune to making mistakes. In fact, almost the opposite is true. Talk to any successful person and they’ll tell you that for every good decision, they made 10 bad ones. However, the big difference between the average Joe and an exceptional person is; the latter does not make the same mistakes over and over again.

If you’re interested in building a lean, muscular body, you probably consider yourself in the above-average category. After all, your body is your ultimate investment. The condition of your physique is a direct reflection of your habitual characteristics, and if you think about it, no matter where you go in the world, a chiseled midsection and strong-looking limbs are impressive traits to just about anyone. Why? Because they’re symbols of discipline, hard-work and an individual that’s in control; all trade marks of a person that is above-average.

What does this have to do with the latest research in building muscle?

Everything.

When it comes to achieving the popular goal of a lean, muscular physique, it’s amazing how easily people get “derailed” by following crazy information. They allow themselves to get sucked in by advertising hype and blow their hard-earned cash on all sorts of bazaar training programs and bogus supplements. They get suckered not once, not twice, but over and over again. It seems as though some people are always on the lookout for that “magical ingredient” that will allow them to shed fat with ease and build a lean, muscular body with little pain or discomfort.

Every month it seems as though there’s another new bodybuilding product on the retail shelves, and it's always marketed with even bigger promises than the last "new" product. Quite often it’s the same people that line up to get fleeced of their cash every time one of these fads hits the market. Even more outrageous is that the new product is often purchased from the same supplement company that scammed them last time!

Sounds crazy doesn’t it, but I bet you know someone exactly like this.

No one is perfect, but a person who really considers themselves to be above average doesn’t make the same mistakes over and over again. Before they spend their "hard-earned", a person that’s above average (compared to the average sucker) will always look for the clear science on the potential benefits of supplements they purchase.

In this series of reports, I’m going to detail some cutting-edge science on how you really can speed your results dramatically during training. It’s new information that’s simple to implement and extremely effective. However, to really take advantage of this awesome information I’m going to share with you now and in the coming months, there is a price you have to pay. That price is commitment and loyalty to your own better judgment. By that I mean you’ve got to stay on track with all aspects of your training. You’ve got to stay focused. No chasing rainbows. No chasing promises of instant results from crazy fads or bogus new products.

To help you, in this article I’m going to show you how to see through the B.S. that is rife in the bodybuilding supplement industry. I’m going to show you some simple ways to see through the marketing spin that sells supplements today, so you can quickly determine whether it’s a product worthy of your consideration or a complete rip-off.

Today the marketing spin that sells supplements sounds more scientific than ever, but there is one thing companies can’t lie about. That is, where this “scientific information” comes from.

Lesson one: The marketing claims on new products are always outrageous and highly specific but almost always completely unsubstantiated. The first give-away clue to detecting a scam is if a highly specific claim is made without clear science to back it.

For example, I’ve just picked up a muscle mag, flipped a couple of pages and found these; “40 times more anabolic than creatine”; “570% better than regular whey”.

Specific claims such as these can only be obtained from a well-designed and controlled study. If a product is marketed with science then the research (the details) should be easily accessible to the consumer. Don’t be fooled by impressive looking graphs in these ads; your kid brother or sister can knock one of those up on his or her school computer. What you need to see is a reference, usually cited with a number such as this 3. This little number is a citation of a study that substantiates the marketing claim. The reference should be listed after the article in the manner below. If a specific claim is made but there is no reference cited, then there’s your first big red flag right there.

Here is an example of a reference;

3 (name of the scientists that completed the study) Cribb PJ, Williams AD, Hayes A and Carey MF. (the title of the study) The effects of whey isolate and creatine on muscular strength, body composition and muscle fibre characteristics (followed by where the research was published) FASEB J 17: A1153, 2003.

If a reference lacks any of these components, be skeptical. However, an even more underhanded tactic that some companies are resorting to is to list fake references. I’ll show you how to see through this one, easily.

Lesson two: Detecting bogus scientific references. If a reference is listed as “in house”, it’s a scam. If it’s listed as “Ibud”, it’s fake. If it’s got, “in press” written anywhere, be very skeptical.

Let say there’s a reference listed in an advertisement on some new whiz-bang muscle-building ingredient. How are you supposed to know if the science is legit? I mean you’re not a scientist, right? How are you supposed to tell the difference between real and bogus research?

You shouldn't have to.

Lesson three: If a scientific reference is used to market a supplement, the company should provide you with an easy-to-understand report of the research, complete with all the facts. A good supplement company will always make this report readily available, such as a download section on their web site.

If a product is marketed with scientific claims and you can’t find a report on this “research”, ask the company to produce it. You’re entitled to. After all they’re asking for your money.

Don’t let them give you a sales brochure. You want to see a report of a study that’s been published in a peer-reviewed science journal. You want to see a clear, easy-to-understand outline of a study involving a placebo-treated (control) group and how the supplement or compound performed against this control group. You want to see exactly where this research was completed and who presented/completed the study. If you ask the supplement company to help you out with obtaining this information and they give you the run-around, you’ll know you’re being played.

Aside from referencing all of my research reports I post on this site, at AST we’ve always provided a direct link to at least one free-access medical data base, such as PubMed, (located on the front page of our web site), so anyone can check out the science for themselves.

The bottom line is, unless you see a report that details the research completed by a scientist at an independent University facility then you can assume the worst. That is, the research has been completely fabricated and therefore, so is the claim. If the research is bogus and the claim is complete B.S. what does that tell you about the quality of the product being marketed and the integrity of the company that's pedaling it?

Take it from a scientist, research is a very time-consuming, difficult and expensive process. It’s much easier for companies to simply lie and hope you’ll be stupid enough to swallow the garbage they feed you. It’s sad but it's reality; these are the lengths that companies are willing to go to separate you from your money.

Now I’ve armed you with this knowledge, next time you flip through a muscle magazine you’ll be able to see just how transparent some marketing attempts really are. But more importantly, now that you have this knowledge, don’t be one of those people that repeat their mistakes over and over again. Be skeptical about new supplements with attractive claims. High quality supplements with research-proven results are extremely rare to come by.

The take-home message is, every time a new product hits the market, look for the evidence using the steps I’ve showen you. If the product fails this simple scrutinizing process, you’ll know something’s not right. Take note of the companies that tell these lies and steer well clear of them, forever. Your physique and your bank balance will be much better for it.

fitnecise

Awards
Ok? Everything in life is like that, there are those with intelligence and ethics and those who simply scam to get rich. AST is obviously of the former.

Just saying, careful of abstracts thats all. It took awhile to realize this myself, so i'm trying to save you some time if you haven't so you can keep it in the back of your mind when reading. The fact is, most studies should be considered "wrong," (conflictive is a better word) because of study design, measurement, bias, mistakes, etc. There are even studies on this, lol.

I didn't mean to discourage discussion of them by any means, it is a skill that everyone should be taught in middle/high school, the world would be so much better off. Scumbags would never prosper if everyone took a little time to look for themselves.

Always be skeptical, anyone who reads/posts in this forum obviously has that mindset already.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can't get anything really from an abstract, you can't see study design, actual results, conclusion, etc. Abstract conclusions are not always in line with the full text's, and I believe this is because abstracts are not always (maybe rarely or never?) written by the authors themselves. Study results may be manipulated but still make it to the medline database, etc.

Ironically it is often the misquotation of abstracts by those who haven't examined the full text and relating data that spreads incorrect info on an ingredient, not a company.
That's good info to know! I never knew that's the way abstracts work, so I'm glad you brought this up.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
That stuff is great on my joints/tendons but it seems to give me limp c0ck.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So Smeaton give me a run down you just put in "cissus" and boom you got those results or what? What categories did you search?
Unless the search functions have improved over the last year or two, searching Pubmed to find exactly what you are looking for is a miserable headache.

You're better off going to a local University that has independent search software for it's medical journals.

I go to the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center library about once per year. Give it a good solid day or 2 and about 20-50 bucks for copies. I think this year's research day is gonna have to be on AI's since I'm new to the hormonal/post cycle therapy realm.

Edit: forgot to mention... nice post Smeton!

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Ok? Everything in life is like that, there are those with intelligence and ethics and those who simply scam to get rich. AST is obviously of the former.

Just saying, careful of abstracts thats all. It took awhile to realize this myself, so i'm trying to save you some time if you haven't so you can keep it in the back of your mind when reading. The fact is, most studies should be considered "wrong," (conflictive is a better word) because of study design, measurement, bias, mistakes, etc. There are even studies on this, lol.

I didn't mean to discourage discussion of them by any means, it is a skill that everyone should be taught in middle/high school, the world would be so much better off. Scumbags would never prosper if everyone took a little time to look for themselves.

Always be skeptical, anyone who reads/posts in this forum obviously has that mindset already.
Also most pubmed "studies" do not have enough subjects to even be significantly significant. Pubmed is good but if a study does not have at least 50 subjects it is not worth much in scientific terms.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
:think: that's the first I've heard of that one...
I've seen some old posts that discussed cissus before it became popular. Speculation was that it had some potentially estrogenic properties, hence why it's so nice to our joints.

I've also seen a handful of cases where people sort of blamed cissus for libido issues or gyno. After further questioning by the board members regarding those cases, an obvious culprit other than cissus usually turns out to be the cause of the problems.

I've been taking a moderate dose of several different brands of cissus (bulk, usp, primaforce) for the past 3-4 months and have had zero negative effects.

To be fair, I have not seen any posts that "debunk" the estrogenic speculation either.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
:think: that's the first I've heard of that one...
Ibuprofin does the same thing to me - I think Cissus may have an anti-inflammatory effect.

Im 36 and even the slightest thing can effect my member, and Im pretty big down there which I think makes it more difficult to get super hard.

Unless you are borderline ED like I am I doubt it will affect you in this way.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think Cissus may have an anti-inflammatory effect.
This has also been suggested to me in ragards to taking cissus on cycle. Someone recommended NOT taking cissus while on cycle because it's anti-inflammatory effects could reduce pumps. Who knows? Pumps are still good for me... but you are correct that individual circumstances could cause each of us to respond differently.

glipp

glipp

Awards
Any research which demonstrates scientific evidence of the healing properties of Cissus on Tendons, which has been claimed. I have seen info. on healing of bone however unable to find anything on healing of Tendons. Am currently taking it for this and it seems to have a pain relieving effect at times, however I don't know about healing. I have admittedly only been taking Super Cissus RX for 13 days, 4 caps/ day. I have read logs where others have had positive experiences but no scientific info. Anyone?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any research which demonstrates scientific evidence of the healing properties of Cissus on Tendons, which has been claimed. I have seen info. on healing of bone however unable to find anything on healing of Tendons. Am currently taking it for this and it seems to have a pain relieving effect at times, however I don't know about healing. I have admittedly only been taking Super Cissus RX for 13 days, 4 caps/ day. I have read logs where others have had positive experiences but no scientific info. Anyone?
bump. id like to know as well. sometimes i even feel like cissus makes tendons and joints worse. :think:

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I don't think there is any research on cissus' effects on ligaments/tendons. It is all on bone healing.

The tendon thing came after feedback from USP cissusRX users, and has spread from there AFAIK.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I havnt SEEN the research n bone healing. All ive seen is the research that it builds muscle, decreases fat. and healthy for your body

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
When you say you haven't seen one, do you mean you haven't read a full study, or do you mean you haven't seen even an abstract?

Chopra SS, Patel MR, Awadhiya RP.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract Studies of Cissus quadrangularis in experimental fracture repair : a histopathological study.
Indian J Med Res. 1976 Sep;64(9):1365-8. No abstract available.
PMID: 1010630 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
48:
Chopra SS, Patel MR, Gupta LP, Datta IC.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract Studies on Cissus quadrangularis in experimental fracture repair: effect on chemical parameters in blood.
Indian J Med Res. 1975 Jun;63(6):824-8. No abstract available.
PMID: 1213779 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
49:
UDUPA KN, PRASAD G.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract BIOMECHANICAL AND CALCIUM-45 STUDIES ON THE EFFECT OF CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS IN FRACTURE REPAIR.
Indian J Med Res. 1964 May;52:480-7. No abstract available.
PMID: 14175605 [PubMed - OLDMEDLINE]
50:
DAS PK, SANYAL AK.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract STUDIES ON CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS LINN. I. ACETYLCHOLINE LIKE ACTION OF THE TOTAL EXTRACT.
Indian J Med Res. 1964 Jan;52:63-7. No abstract available.
PMID: 14112165 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
51:
UDUPA KN, PRASAD GC.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract FURTHER STUDIES ON THE EFFECT OF CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS IN ACCELERATING FRACTURE HEALING.
Indian J Med Res. 1964 Jan;52:26-35. No abstract available.
PMID: 14112159 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
52:
PRASAD GC, UDUPA KN.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract EFFECT OF CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS ON THE HEALING OF CORTISONE TREATED FRACTURES.
Indian J Med Res. 1963 Jul;51:667-76. No abstract available.
PMID: 14073618 [PubMed - OLDMEDLINE]
53:
SINGH LM, UDUPA KN.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract Studies on "Cissus Quadrangularis" in fracture by using phosphorus 32. III.
Indian J Med Sci. 1962 Nov;16:926-31. No abstract available.
PMID: 13977656 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
54:
UDUPA KN, PRASAD GC.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract Cissus quadrangularis in healing of fractures. A clinical study.
J Indian Med Assoc. 1962 Jun 1;38:590-3. No abstract available.
PMID: 13923449 [PubMed - OLDMEDLINE]
55:
UDUPA KN, ARNIKAR HJ, SINGH LM.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract Experimental studies of the use of 'cissus quadrangularis' in healing of fractures. II.
Indian J Med Sci. 1961 Jul;15:551-7. No abstract available.
PMID: 13778943 [PubMed - OLDMEDLINE]

there are a lot on bone healing. I even found one study on fracture healing in dogs, and started one of my dogs on it.

glipp

glipp

Awards
That's a bummer cause I am using it to heal tendons, tendointis in l. elbow and tendonitis in r. forearm and am getting discouraged. I admittedly am getting pretty frustrated as I have been out of the gym around 6-7 weeks now and have tried Cissus, Fish Oils, Glucosamine etc. ART, blah, blah, blah the list goes on.:whiner: I am leaning now towards Oratropin and HGHt as my next choice. Anyway, sorry to ramble. It would be nice if something is advertised as having benefits there was some research to back it though. Thanks for everyones input.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
That's a bummer cause I am using it to heal tendons, tendointis in l. elbow and tendonitis in r. forearm and am getting discouraged. I admittedly am getting pretty frustrated as I have been out of the gym around 6-7 weeks now and have tried Cissus, Fish Oils, Glucosamine etc. ART, blah, blah, blah the list goes on.:whiner: I am leaning now towards Oratropin and HGHt as my next choice. Anyway, sorry to ramble. It would be nice if something is advertised as having benefits there was some research to back it though. Thanks for everyones input.
What product? What dose? How long did you have the injury or build up to the injury? How long have you been on Cissus?

Details are what's needed. From what I read there is alot of Broscience backing this thing :D but if it works, it works!

Much Love,

Neoborn

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
That's a bummer cause I am using it to heal tendons, tendointis in l. elbow and tendonitis in r. forearm and am getting discouraged.
Try stretching after warming up before working out, hot baths following your workout followed by another stretch, and then ice and ibuprofin only if the tendon feels itchy/hot.

That regimen cleared up a bad case of biceps tendinitis for me and it hasnt returned.

If you dont warm up or stretch - start now.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
I had hip surgery, involving bone, about 10 weeks ago and 5 days after surgery, I started taking bulk Cissus because of the bone healing abilities. I seemed to have recovered about twice as fast as most people I talked to who had this procedure done. I contribute my quick turnaround to the Cissus.

glipp

glipp

Awards
Neoborn, I am taking Supercissus RX by USP labs, 4 tabs/day, today is my 15th day. My left arm built up for about 2 weeks before I stopped. My right arm started after I worked out very lightly (1 set flat bench approx. 30% 1 rep max, 1 set barbell rows approx. 30 % 1 rep max, legs). Prior to this had been doing wrist curls palms down and up and stretching exercises along with ART therapy. FrankJ prior to this injury I never warmed up or stretched, I know :nono: It goes without saying I will and do now. Thanks for the suggestions. EdvanP glad it worked for you. Hope it works for me this well. Like I said I am leaning towards Oratropin, and I should have said, PGHT as my next options as I have heard these really do the trick. But I will give the Cissus some more time as well.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Stretching is definitely a must, so is some form of healthy oil for your joints. How is your Estrogen levels? Had blood done lately? This could be affecting your joints as well.

I know this may sound kind of hokey but I would like you to stop thinking upon pain / injury and start focusing ( also keeping your internal dialogue in line ) on healing and wellness of your joints. Everytime you have a negative "man my elbows / tendons "x" are hurting / killing me" replace it with "my joints are healthy and healing". I want you to do this everytime you hear your inner voice say something negative / unwell in relation to anything that is not "my joints are healthy and healed".

You can laugh, you can mock, but just do it for a month everytime you hear yourself affirm negative thoughts to yourself.

Believe me when I say you are attracting sickness and an unhealthy body into your life.

This by no means, means stop taking what your body needs to make you healthy but in addition to.

Have you watched "The Secret"? It's true and works

As a man thinketh...

Neoborn, I am taking Supercissus RX by USP labs, 4 tabs/day, today is my 15th day. My left arm built up for about 2 weeks before I stopped. My right arm started after I worked out very lightly (1 set flat bench approx. 30% 1 rep max, 1 set barbell rows approx. 30 % 1 rep max, legs). Prior to this had been doing wrist curls palms down and up and stretching exercises along with ART therapy. FrankJ prior to this injury I never warmed up or stretched, I know :nono: It goes without saying I will and do now. Thanks for the suggestions. EdvanP glad it worked for you. Hope it works for me this well. Like I said I am leaning towards Oratropin, and I should have said, PGHT as my next options as I have heard these really do the trick. But I will give the Cissus some more time as well.

glipp

glipp

Awards
"My tendons are healthy and healed", "My tendons are healthy and healed", "My tendons are healthy and healed" :dance: I am on it!! I do believe in the power of positive thinking and I believe a positive mindset can help the body heal. Hey, I am doing whatever I think will help.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Even a simple "My tendons feel better, they feel good" will work whenever a negative / ill will thought creeps in.

It will work I guarantee it!

glipp

glipp

Awards
Originally posted by Neoborn: Even a simple "My tendons feel better, they feel good" will work whenever a negative / ill will thought creeps in.

It will work I guarantee it!

I don't doubt it, seriously, I have been trying this today and will continue to utilize this as part of my arsenal.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you say you haven't seen one, do you mean you haven't read a full study, or do you mean you haven't seen even an abstract?

Chopra SS, Patel MR, Awadhiya RP.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract Studies of Cissus quadrangularis in experimental fracture repair : a histopathological study.
Indian J Med Res. 1976 Sep;64(9):1365-8. No abstract available.
PMID: 1010630 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
48:
Chopra SS, Patel MR, Gupta LP, Datta IC.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract Studies on Cissus quadrangularis in experimental fracture repair: effect on chemical parameters in blood.
Indian J Med Res. 1975 Jun;63(6):824-8. No abstract available.
PMID: 1213779 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
49:
UDUPA KN, PRASAD G.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract BIOMECHANICAL AND CALCIUM-45 STUDIES ON THE EFFECT OF CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS IN FRACTURE REPAIR.
Indian J Med Res. 1964 May;52:480-7. No abstract available.
PMID: 14175605 [PubMed - OLDMEDLINE]
50:
DAS PK, SANYAL AK.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract STUDIES ON CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS LINN. I. ACETYLCHOLINE LIKE ACTION OF THE TOTAL EXTRACT.
Indian J Med Res. 1964 Jan;52:63-7. No abstract available.
PMID: 14112165 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
51:
UDUPA KN, PRASAD GC.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract FURTHER STUDIES ON THE EFFECT OF CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS IN ACCELERATING FRACTURE HEALING.
Indian J Med Res. 1964 Jan;52:26-35. No abstract available.
PMID: 14112159 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
52:
PRASAD GC, UDUPA KN.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract EFFECT OF CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS ON THE HEALING OF CORTISONE TREATED FRACTURES.
Indian J Med Res. 1963 Jul;51:667-76. No abstract available.
PMID: 14073618 [PubMed - OLDMEDLINE]
53:
SINGH LM, UDUPA KN.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract Studies on "Cissus Quadrangularis" in fracture by using phosphorus 32. III.
Indian J Med Sci. 1962 Nov;16:926-31. No abstract available.
PMID: 13977656 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
54:
UDUPA KN, PRASAD GC.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract Cissus quadrangularis in healing of fractures. A clinical study.
J Indian Med Assoc. 1962 Jun 1;38:590-3. No abstract available.
PMID: 13923449 [PubMed - OLDMEDLINE]
55:
UDUPA KN, ARNIKAR HJ, SINGH LM.
Related Articles, Links
No Abstract Experimental studies of the use of 'cissus quadrangularis' in healing of fractures. II.
Indian J Med Sci. 1961 Jul;15:551-7. No abstract available.
PMID: 13778943 [PubMed - OLDMEDLINE]

there are a lot on bone healing. I even found one study on fracture healing in dogs, and started one of my dogs on it.
Nice =). Im glad you posted this. and also look at the studies posted by me on increasing musclemass, and body recomp, along with healthy body benefits

mr murray

Awards
I began taking cissus two months ago to see if it would reduce pain, stiffness, and inflamation in and around my left elbow joint. I used SuperCissus for three weeks @ 2-3 caps/day (10 % ketosterones). I then switched to PrimaForce cissus caps (40 % ketosterones) for six weeks and dosed @ 5 grams/day in four or five divided doses. My forearm is not perfect but the reductionin pain and stiffness has been tremendous. I cannott recall ever having a tendon/ligament supplement work so effectively. I haven't stopped using cissus for more than a day at a time in two and a half months.

rhunt000

rhunt000

I luv my tee, thanks NP
Awards
Stretching is definitely a must, so is some form of healthy oil for your joints. How is your Estrogen levels? Had blood done lately? This could be affecting your joints as well.

I know this may sound kind of hokey but I would like you to stop thinking upon pain / injury and start focusing ( also keeping your internal dialogue in line ) on healing and wellness of your joints. Everytime you have a negative "man my elbows / tendons "x" are hurting / killing me" replace it with "my joints are healthy and healing". I want you to do this everytime you hear your inner voice say something negative / unwell in relation to anything that is not "my joints are healthy and healed".

You can laugh, you can mock, but just do it for a month everytime you hear yourself affirm negative thoughts to yourself.

Believe me when I say you are attracting sickness and an unhealthy body into your life.

This by no means, means stop taking what your body needs to make you healthy but in addition to.

Have you watched "The Secret"? It's true and works

As a man thinketh...

:goodpost:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree Neoborn. Positive self talk affirmating our "higher selves" matters a lot. In addition, Science has proven research.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
havnt had a chance to watch the secret I looked for it in the video store but didbnt see it. Where did you get it?

zeusofspeed

Awards
Supercissus Rx

I had 5 surgeries on my ankle last year for an achilles problem and other tendon issues.

I then found supercissus RX and started taking it religiously. I noticed a reduction in my pain immediately and could resume some of my activities.

I still have some tendon problems with this ankle so I can not attest to the claim that it helps to heal tendons. However, I can attest to the fact that it reduces bodyfat and enhances lean muscle accrual. The supplement has helped with many minor injuries such as elbow tendonitits, wrist tendontitis, and other chronic injuries that occur with constant intense training.

I would recommend that if looking into this supplement that you should take it is a daily supplement to enhance injury prevention as opposed to injury treatment. I also recommend using arnica for any immediate injuries, can be taken orally or topically. Best arnica supplement I have found is called Traumeel (oral and topical).:bruce2:

NolaJR

Awards
Abstract conclusions are not always in line with the full text's, and I believe this is because abstracts are not always (maybe rarely or never?) written by the authors themselves.
I know this is an old thread but I just have to say this is wrong. I have worked for two different labs over the last four years, each submitting many papers to peer reviewed journals and in every single one of those papers, the abstract was written by the author/authors of the paper. The abstract in some sense is the most important part of the paper in the fact that if it is not a free article and must be purchased, the only thing the reader can see is the abstract. Therefore it is imperative that the abstract be detailed, accurate and try to convey as much meaningful information about the paper as possible. The abstract is what may make a person, or in most cases another lab, decide to purchase the paper so it can be examined in further detail. If false or inaccurate information is in the abstract and it is purchased by a lab, I am sure the journal it is in would lose credibility, thus losing money in sales. Maybe this is not the case in all fields, but I work at a biomedical research center so I am 100% certain that anything pertaining to biomedical research would have had the abstract written by the author/authors of the paper.

/rant off/:thumbsup:

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established

I've actually never known of an abstract to be written by anyone but the authors. Where did you hear this and who would write the abstract if the authors didn't?

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Also most pubmed "studies" do not have enough subjects to even be significantly significant. Pubmed is good but if a study does not have at least 50 subjects it is not worth much in scientific terms.
Pubmed are not studies, it is a database that just indexes studies published in science journals. It indexes over 17 million studies, pretty much covering anything imaginable and millions of the studies indexed have over 50 subjects. Perhaps, you are specifically talking about sport supplement studies?

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
I know this is an old thread but I just have to say this is wrong. I have worked for two different labs over the last four years, each submitting many papers to peer reviewed journals and in every single one of those papers, the abstract was written by the author/authors of the paper. The abstract in some sense is the most important part of the paper in the fact that if it is not a free article and must be purchased, the only thing the reader can see is the abstract. Therefore it is imperative that the abstract be detailed, accurate and try to convey as much meaningful information about the paper as possible. The abstract is what may make a person, or in most cases another lab, decide to purchase the paper so it can be examined in further detail. If false or inaccurate information is in the abstract and it is purchased by a lab, I am sure the journal it is in would lose credibility, thus losing money in sales. Maybe this is not the case in all fields, but I work at a biomedical research center so I am 100% certain that anything pertaining to biomedical research would have had the abstract written by the author/authors of the paper.

/rant off/:thumbsup:
Nice, I could have saved myself some time had I read your response. I agree

I've seen some old posts that discussed cissus before it became popular. Speculation was that it had some potentially estrogenic properties, hence why it's so nice to our joints.

I've also seen a handful of cases where people sort of blamed cissus for libido issues or gyno. After further questioning by the board members regarding those cases, an obvious culprit other than cissus usually turns out to be the cause of the problems.

I've been taking a moderate dose of several different brands of cissus (bulk, usp, primaforce) for the past 3-4 months and have had zero negative effects.

To be fair, I have not seen any posts that "debunk" the estrogenic speculation either.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/86788-inaccurate-criticism-cissus.html

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Pubmed are not studies, it is a database that just indexes studies published in science journals. It indexes over 17 million studies, pretty much covering anything imaginable and millions of the studies indexed have over 50 subjects. Perhaps, you are specifically talking about sport supplement studies?
Correct. I meant that most studies that are posted from pubmed are not really worth a damn as the sample size are often negligible to draw any real consclusions from. Pubmed is a fantastic database.

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
Cissus healed my tendonitis. Period.