Epehdra BACK???

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I found a very well known site selling an excellent EPHEDRA based product the other day. I was gonna get some but saving my money I don't have to spend on X-DREAM. Looks like the phone bill can wait!. Anyway did some kind of law change happen?.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do people still use ephedra? I never liked it because it felt like a dirty buzz to me. I have been preferential to E-hcl because I knew 25mg E is 25mg E without the 'other' alkaloids. That's just me of course.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Do people still use ephedra? I never liked it because it felt like a dirty buzz to me. I have been preferential to E-hcl because I knew 25mg E is 25mg E without the 'other' alkaloids. That's just me of course.
A lot of people use ephedrine, mahuang . It is sold here in Canada under the counter, and extremely popular..

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There's a new energy drink called Ephedra Tea, or something close to that, that we sell at my work. Apparently it works well, but I haven't tried it ever and it doesn't say exactly how much is in it.

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
Its not illegal or banned or anything. It never was. There's a supplement store up the street from me that still sells a lot of ephedra based products.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Its not illegal or banned or anything. It never was. There's a supplement store up the street from me that still sells a lot of ephedra based products.
Doesn't mean it's on the shelves it's legal...

Edge

Awards
Why the **** cant I say what brand of ephedra I saw? 4everfit is the brand I saw you ****ing idiot mods.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are certain rules. Like Ephedrine by itself can be sold. In combination as a fat burner its banned. But recently in my neck of the woods...4EVERFIT recently started distributing ma huang again. I dont know how it is in the US but here you can buy ephedrine like its candy and now ephedra too
We are talking United States Law.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ephedra I'm pretty sure is referring to an ephedrine-containing herb commonly known as Ma Huang.

Rest assured the alkaloid is available in other plants, and I think that's what we're seeing in some of these newer ephedrine-based fatburners.

IKE07

Awards
aaa.how bout saving yourself the $ and time and going to a CVS or something and getting some primatene for your...:thumbsup: asthma

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Rest assured the alkaloid is available in other plants, and I think that's what we're seeing in some of these newer ephedrine-based fatburners.
Yes, most of the ephedra sources now are from Sida Cordifolia.

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
I LOVE EPHEDRINE! Please, GOD I hope a board sponsor will come out with a good ephedra based supplement because I will love you forever! I think it helps me so much because I have mild athsma but I have never been diagnosed. When I take it I feel so much better like I can breath. If only Palo or somebody would just do it and come out with at least some form of bronchidialator it would be AWESOME!

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
aaa.how bout saving yourself the $ and time and going to a CVS or something and getting some primatene for your...:thumbsup: asthma
thats what i do and i love it. its 60 servings for 8 bucks at wally world for the best pre workout sup you can possibly take. why wuld you do anything else???

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Had to edit this because it was a blank screen -B

Last edited:
Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
You need to refrain from telling the staff what to do. Last warning. Thank you.
Amen. The above quote is the equivalent of a pimp raising his hand................ lol

Reps for B5150. Disrespect is not needed here.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like to consider it the loving hand of discipline.

I am not a mean man. I have a job that requires that I sometimes do things that seam mean ;)

Edge

Awards
ha ha he got owned:nono:
Nah this has always been a board with power hungry mods. Its actually pathetic that they cant apologize and admit that they modded me improperly. But it's ok let them jerk off while they get their jollys banning people lol

Edge

Awards
I LOVE EPHEDRINE! Please, GOD I hope a board sponsor will come out with a good ephedra based supplement because I will love you forever! I think it helps me so much because I have mild athsma but I have never been diagnosed. When I take it I feel so much better like I can breath. If only Palo or somebody would just do it and come out with at least some form of bronchidialator it would be AWESOME!
I have tons of new ephedra burners, 28Mg ephedrine (ma huang) per cap plus caffeine chromium and carnitine.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But that is not Ephedrine Hcl.

It is ephedrine from the extract of ma huang.

Different.

Edge

Awards
But that is not Ephedrine Hcl.

It is ephedrine from the extract of ma huang.

Different.
Ofcourse its different. Ephedrine HCL is just one isolated alkaloid while Ma huang supplies full alkaloids. Its standardized to 28mgs ephedrine. I cant remember how much percent and mgs of the herb it is off hand I have them downstairs.

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
I believe the way the judge ruled the ephedra ban was that the FDA was outside its boundaries by banning ephedra becuase it is a supplement not a drug as defined by the law not sure 100% but it was something along these lines

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ofcourse its different. Ephedrine HCL is just one isolated alkaloid while Ma huang supplies full alkaloids. Its standardized to 28mgs ephedrine. I cant remember how much percent and mgs of the herb it is off hand I have them downstairs.
Yes. Sometimes the extract is standardized to a range stated as "6-10%" or something like that. This leaves some difference from dose to dose or lot to lot based on the quality of the extract and the process used within that range.

Additionally those other alkaloids are not standardized and can be positive or negative in your response. I personally don't like extracts because of these reasons and find the HCL to be 'cleaner'.

JMO

Edge

Awards
Yes. Sometimes the extract is standardized to a range stated as "6-10%" or something like that. This leaves some difference from dose to dose or lot to lot based on the quality of the extract and the process used within that range.

Additionally those other alkaloids are not standardized and can be positive or negative in your response. I personally don't like extracts because of these reasons and find the HCL to be 'cleaner'.

JMO
I understand your logic but fact of the matter is that 8mg tabs are cut with calcium. Its just a fact. Thats why different companies have complete different sizes of ephedrine. Do you remember how small the 25mgs HCL were back in the day? 8 Mg sizes are the same nowadays. So they are not what they actually are. And the 25 mgs IF you can get them are usually just 2 8mg tabs stacked together, laced with calcium carb and labeled as 25 mgs.

Different strokes for different folks though right.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
25mgs of ephedrine hcl is 25mg of ephedrine hcl

Vasopro Ephedrine
Expectorant/Bronchodilator
  • Ephedrine HCL 25mg
  • Guaifenesin 200mg
I'm holding the bottle in my hand right now. This is pre-ban product.

So I gather the current suppliers/manufactures are falling under some regulations now. But the old school stuff is what I have and plenty. But yes, I agree, DSFDF :)

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Vasopro Ephedrine
  • Ephedrine HCL 25mg
  • Guaifenesin 200mg

So I gather the current suppliers/manufactures are falling under some regulations now. But the old school stuff is what I have and plenty. But yes, I agree, DSFDF :)
Is the Vasopro E HCl banned at the moment? Just wondering because I see it being sold around here still, except its in boxes(blister packs?) and not bottles.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Anyone use the original ma huang containing,Hydroxycut? That stuff was good, and it worked :).

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To Rpen,
No, I don't see any reason that would be banned. It's the same thing as Primatene and Bronkaid. The way I understand it is that E can't be sold as a diet/thermogenic. The E product must include an expectorant in it and can only be sold as a bronchiodialator.

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
i have a bunch of E hcl stuff here, it was dirt cheap too.

this thread is confusing, can we get ma huang legally now or what? i wasnt into working out seriously when the ban happened to i never had a chance to try it.

what i got from reading all of this is that they can sell it, just not as a diet / fat burning product? isnt that the same rule with E hcl?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is the Vasopro E HCl banned at the moment? Just wondering because I see it being sold around here still, except its in boxes(blister packs?) and not bottles.
I have seen it. I see it in blister packs and even on gel caps but quantities are 24 and 48 and not the 60 like it used to be. It is legal but most places I saw in my limited research required ID and had a max qty per purchase.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, most of the ephedra sources now are from Sida Cordifolia.
I actually looked into this further, and it turns out sida cordifolia might be a sham. It contains ephedrine-group alkaloids, but is primarily pseudoephedrine (a stereoisomer), which is the active in the original Sudafed.

Edge

Awards

Vasopro Ephedrine
  • Ephedrine HCL 25mg
  • Guaifenesin 200mg

25mgs is never 25mgs now. its always 16mg tops and labelled as 25mg

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
i just got some Yellow Cross, from a nutrition store. kid said its legal to sell, just not make it. i just bought it and walked away. it is Ma hung 8%(yielding 10mgs ephedrine) yohimbe 8% white willow bark 15% yerbe mate 20% guarana 22% kola nut 10% & synephrine 95%. and the label says "rapid fat loss".

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I actually looked into this further, and it turns out sida cordifolia might be a sham. It contains ephedrine-group alkaloids, but is primarily pseudoephedrine (a stereoisomer), which is the active in the original Sudafed.
Whoa, if it contains pseudo-e and the FDA found out, the folks selling these could be in a world of hurt due to the new OTC regulations (on pseudoephedrine).

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are you talking about? Where is your evidence to support such statment?

Each tablet weighs 250mg on my digital scale that is accurate ±.001mg.

Active ingredient: 25mg of Ephedrine hcl and 200mg Guaifenesin

Inactive ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, maltodextrine, polyethylene glycol 3350, povidone, stearic acid

The inactive ingredients are used for the tableting process. Colloidal silicon dioxide is a binding agent. Magnesium stearate is a molding lubricant. Matltodextrine is used for strengthening the tablet. Polyethylene glycol 3350 is for filming or coating. Povidone is a suspending agent. Stearic acid is for filming or coating.

The above was found using a very quick search on wikipedia and or google using the keywords tableting process and the ingredient. It may not be perfectly accurate as stated but is very likely reasonably accurate. I would venture to believe that these chemicals make up the difference of 25mg per tablet between active ingredients and total weight.

So unless you have some evidence to support your claims I am quite confident that you are wrong.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really don't understand what you're saying unless you're referring to the different types of ephedrine that are used: HCL vs SO4 (Hydrochloride vs Sulfate)

You're missing another important difference, that being you get less alkaloid per mg when you change the salts from chloride to sulfate.

25mg Ephedrine SO4 is about 96 micromoles
12.5mg Ephedrine HCl is about 63 micromoles

:think:

Damn you and your chemical engineering! LOL...
Yeah, but they both come in packs of 24 (not sure if the primatene tabs are easily split in half though as a one and a half pills would be the equivalent μmoles to one bronkaid).

$5.00 for 24 tabs of HCL ~ 1510 micromoles total ~300 μmole/$
$6.20 for 24 tabs of SO4 ~ 2300 micromoles total~370 μmole/$

So yeah, you do only get about 75% of the alkaloids per mg...

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
So, how much bronkaid should one take to assist in fat loss? ive been taking 3 a day and I am not sure that it is helping with anything other than my mild asthma symptoms.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try taking two pills at a time and see what that does for you...that's about the equivalent of 35mg of Eph HCL.

Edge

Awards
What are you talking about? Where is your evidence to support such statment?

Each tablet weighs 250mg on my digital scale that is accurate ±.001mg.

Active ingredient: 25mg of Ephedrine hcl and 200mg Guaifenesin

Inactive ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, maltodextrine, polyethylene glycol 3350, povidone, stearic acid

The inactive ingredients are used for the tableting process. Colloidal silicon dioxide is a binding agent. Magnesium stearate is a molding lubricant. Matltodextrine is used for strengthening the tablet. Polyethylene glycol 3350 is for filming or coating. Povidone is a suspending agent. Stearic acid is for filming or coating.

The above was found using a very quick search on wikipedia and or google using the keywords tableting process and the ingredient. It may not be perfectly accurate as stated but is very likely reasonably accurate. I would venture to believe that these chemicals make up the difference of 25mg per tablet between active ingredients and total weight.

So unless you have some evidence to support your claims I am quite confident that you are wrong.
I personally know manufacturers of Ephedrine 25 mg. I sell it. Barely any of it is 25mg. Its maybe tops 16mgs and then cut with fillers that they dont put on the labels.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whoa, if it contains pseudo-e and the FDA found out, the folks selling these could be in a world of hurt due to the new OTC regulations (on pseudoephedrine).
Well it's being sold as an ephedrine-alkaloid containing supplement, it's already on thin ice since both diastereomers are at the same control level. It's more of a sham if it's pseudo though, since it's fatburning effects are not as pronounced.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nah this has always been a board with power hungry mods. Its actually pathetic that they cant apologize and admit that they modded me improperly. But it's ok let them jerk off while they get their jollys banning people lol
you don't like it..............GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

YOU ARE OUT OF LINE!:nutkick: