Pre-workout,post-workout powder with 4:1 carbs to protein

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know of a good powder to buy with a 4:1 carbs to protein ratio? The only thing I have found is accelerade by gatorade. I was looking at weight gainers but most of them don't have that exact ratio. Any suggestions?

66DeadLift6

66DeadLift6

Awards
32 oz water
60g waxy maize (WMS)
15g whey isolate/hydrolysate
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp potassium (get the 'lite salt - that's what it is)

*got the basic formula at wikipedia - plus compared it to accelerade and others -- with the switch to WMS which is your better carb option. you can also put in around 20-25g of other potentiators without wrecking your absorption. i.e. 5-10g BCAA, 2g taurine, 5g glutamine, 5g Creatine (cee, gluconate - whatever) 5g l-luecince, 3g arginine (aee), 2g citrulline

**drink 1/3 10 min pre wkt -- 1/3 during -- 1/3 10 min before you finish up

then you can drink another 10 min after your done with your wkt -- wait 20 min and have 40-50g isolate/hydrolysate in 8-16 oz milk.
an hour later have 100g oatmeal and 20g whey:)

The G Train

The G Train

Awards
  • Established
You could do 2 scoops of Universal's torrent instead of the full 3 and add WMS, it's worked pretty well for me.

66DeadLift6

66DeadLift6

Awards
yeah, ya know - eas and universal - good companies...
nutraplanet - and putting things together yourself, 'priceless' with a little research, you will end up being able to buy 2-5x the amount of supplements you would otherwise. nutraplanets "kwik carb' is the WMS, if you didn't know

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
32 oz water
60g waxy maize (WMS)
1 tsp baking soda

*got the basic formula at wikipedia - plus compared it to accelerade and others -- with the switch to WMS which is your better carb option. you can also put in around 20-25g of other potentiators without wrecking your absorption. i.e. 5-10g BCAA, 2g taurine, 5g glutamine, 5g Creatine (cee, gluconate - whatever) 5g l-luecince, 3g arginine (aee), 2g citrulline

then you can drink another 10 min after your done with your wkt -- wait 20 min and have 40-50g isolate/hydrolysate in 8-16 oz milk.
You got this all down to a science! Great post. I think that sounds like a great plan. I just ran out of WMS and still have some optimum protein left. The absolutely only thing I don't like about wms is it gets messy. Other then that it is the perfect carbs. I may add some all the whey taurine, creatine and glutamine to the mix. Thanks a lot.. I'm just trying to be most cost effective but I also realized a lot of the weight gainers are full of sugars. I don't need that.

Also discovered boost makes those shakes that have 10grams of protein and 41 grams of carbs. That a good 4:1 ratio when your on the go! Cheap at less then 1.50 a bottle!

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
32 oz water
60g waxy maize (WMS)
1 tsp baking soda

wouldn't the bcaa's and other aminos added mes with the 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein?

Da Main Man

Da Main Man

Awards
wouldn't the bcaa's and other aminos added mes with the 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein?
depends how you look at it.....single aminos dont have a caloric value (according to FDA) blah blah

either way wont make a real difference IME