Acid Reflex/ GERD

triggerman

Awards
Does anyone know of any good natural supplements to combat the problems associated with GERD........I find that GERD sometimes causes major problems for me during an oral cycle and most often I can not distinguish GERD between acid reflex or heart palps........Superdrol (recent cycle was a fail) I couldn't even handle one pill............

So anyways........I have heard to take 2-4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar with mother before every meal but the thought of that seems flat ass disgusting. Not to mention that vinegar on an open sore hurts like hell, so just imaging the way my esophagus would feel is not pleasurable........I have tried Prilosec at double-dosage but even prescribed its highly expensive, plus I don't know the safety of Prilosec with supplements. Being really big on organic stuff, natural foods and etc. I would like a natural supp. Any ideas?????

WeaponX

Awards
I have GERD too and used prilosec 2x per day, and got good results. As a stand alone its safe to run long term (though it is expensive), and Ive never heard of any interactions with other supps, but that doesnt mean there aren't any. I had to completely change my diet to avoid sugar, acidic foods, caffeine, to help stop reflux/heartburn issues.

SW52

SW52

Awards
Does anyone know of any good natural supplements to combat the problems associated with GERD........I find that GERD sometimes causes major problems for me during an oral cycle and most often I can not distinguish GERD between acid reflex or heart palps........Superdrol (recent cycle was a fail) I couldn't even handle one pill............

So anyways........I have heard to take 2-4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar with mother before every meal but the thought of that seems flat ass disgusting. Not to mention that vinegar on an open sore hurts like hell, so just imaging the way my esophagus would feel is not pleasurable........I have tried Prilosec at double-dosage but even prescribed its highly expensive, plus I don't know the safety of Prilosec with supplements. Being really big on organic stuff, natural foods and etc. I would like a natural supp. Any ideas?????
I can relate completely. Superdrol ALWAYS gave me reflux...usually within the first 3 or 4 days. For me, one Prilosec in the morning about 1/2 hour before my first meal would do the trick. I should note though, that my SD cycle doses were low...just 10mg/day for 6-8 weeks...more of having an "edge" than a hardcore cycle. After the cycle ended, the reflux would go away within a week.

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
I suggest you try DGL. After 3 months of taking it, on my recommendation, my mom's doctor found that her ulcers had healed completely. It works great for Acid Reflux/GERD too, as it causes the body to produce mucous which protects the delicate lining of the esophagus and stomach. My mom swears by DGL from Enzymatic Therapies - she tried another brand but it wasn't as effective.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
i take prevacid when my condition starts acting up

triggerman

Awards
Hey, just wanted to say that I really appreciate all the replies guys.........Seems I get better info here than at the doctor...

Really good ideas and probably give them all a try as Im really ready to get over or at least hold this s**t at bay..........

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I suggest you try DGL. After 3 months of taking it, on my recommendation, my mom's doctor found that her ulcers had healed completely. It works great for Acid Reflux/GERD too, as it causes the body to produce mucous which protects the delicate lining of the esophagus and stomach. My mom swears by DGL from Enzymatic Therapies - she tried another brand but it wasn't as effective.
I will def be trying this out. I have been taking papya and mylanta pre-workout and that helped before lifting. Also its hard for me to avoid before bed.

Good post!

GeneraSupps

GeneraSupps

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have a terrible conditon of acid reflux. It is especially bad when I sleep. I have had to change my diet completely and take previcid. Natural remedies did not work for me so I just spend the money on the good stuff. You need to keep this in check because it can cause some serious problems.

See if your doctor can give you some free samples. Mine gave me a sh1t load of previcid samples.

DC