I know this has been said a million times...bulk BCAAs taste horrible!

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I thought people were just being pansies like when they complain about the taste of protein shakes. I just mix em up and toss em down the hatch. I can pretty much handle anything. But these bulk BCAAs......wow, they really are as horrible tasting as advertised :) Wonder if I toss in some dextrose. I guess i'm off to stock up on crystal light.

BTW, I'm planning on 15g bulk on workout days around workout time and 5g on non workout days. I still get a lot of BCAA in general from my ON Whey and food right?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HINT:Combine with Waxy Maize and Crystal light....they seem to blunt the taste of the BCAAs.

The G Train

The G Train

Awards
  • Established
Yeah people told me Excell tasted pretty good, and I have to disagree and it's flavored. The aftertaste is just awful

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
HINT:Combine with Waxy Maize and Crystal light....they seem to blunt the taste of the BCAAs.
I'll try that, thanks. On a side note....they smell good :)

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Xtend is my fav for BCAAs. Tastes like kool aid. :thumbsup:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll try that, thanks. On a side note....they smell good :)
We marinate every single particle in Virgin Sweat for 3 hours, before kissing each one with freshly brushed teeth.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Xtend is my fav for BCAAs. Tastes like kool aid. :thumbsup:

I concur, refreshing lemonade xtend tastes great to me. I don't add anything else to it, just water.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is crystal light like that lemonade mix shat? Is it just simple sugar? I have been considering trying the bulk bcaa's but I only use complex carbs (oats) pwo.

illfoo

Awards
Yeah I'm pretty sure all Crystal Light is like zero or <5 cals. Hence the "light". I don't think they have Crystal Heavy.The stuff is a godsend when it comes to getting stuff down.

I have my bulk Excell and Leucine, but I can't take the Leucine unless it's in my protein or some Crystal Light. It's not so much the taste as it is the mixability.

But Excell is awesome as far as BCAA's go; decent taste and mixes awesome if you let it sit about 5 minutes.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAAs arent that bad, I end up licking it off my fingers just to not waste any.

Yellow gold? now thats bad makes BCAAs taste like nothing. And lightly inhaling bulk powerfull thru the back of your throat will have you coughing for hours (but it tastes ok if you dont hiccup as you take it)

crystal light also makes variations with electrolytes so nice for peri-workout

JJC

Awards
  • Established
If you've got the bulk BCAAs already, do yourself a favor if you can't take the taste and buy a tub of watermelon Xtend. Whenever you would usually take your bulk BCAAs, cut the dose in half and replace it with Xtend. Even if you used 5g less of BCAA and replaced it with one scoop of Xtend (~5g), it will cover the taste.

For example, this is how I do my pre and post shakes: 35g Waxy Maize Starch, 5-10g bulk BCAA, and 1 scoop watermelon Xtend.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you've got the bulk BCAAs already, do yourself a favor if you can't take the taste and buy a tub of watermelon Xtend. Whenever you would usually take your bulk BCAAs, cut the dose in half and replace it with Xtend. Even if you used 5g less of BCAA and replaced it with one scoop of Xtend (~5g), it will cover the taste.

For example, this is how I do my pre and post shakes: 35g Waxy Maize Starch, 5-10g bulk BCAA, and 1 scoop watermelon Xtend.
:goodpost: I concur.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably dsade throws in 2g of turtle shell extract or spider monkey thyroid powder too though

jdev

Awards
  • Established
I bought Xtend and it tastes great. I used to have bulk leucine, but i just can't stand the taste and the fact that it wont dissolve. With the xtend I throw in a little Di-Creatine Malate and it tastes exactly like watermelon warheads. there is no aftertaste either.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Threw it up. never again. that is why I got caps.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established

this works great, i recommend the watermelon also.

ultraman

Awards
  • Established

I do that with Excell, bulk BCAA, mix with either grape Storm or lemon SizeOn. :cheers:

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I do that with Excell, bulk BCAA, mix with either grape Storm or lemon SizeOn. :cheers:
Yeah once I learned about making BCAA+WMS mixes like this, I don't think I will ever go back to whey+carb mixes immediately post workout. I do this then 15-30 minutes after that I take a whey/casein (+oats if I'm looking to gain mass) shake then another 30 min to an hour later, my full dinner.

Phil NJ

Awards
Just scoop it into your mouth and wash it down with water. Its the easiest thing possible.

Dalamara

Awards
Just scoop it into your mouth and wash it down with water. Its the easiest thing possible.
Tried that. Gagged and coughed it up the first time, spit it out through my nose the second. There was no third try.