BCAA's

Mar430

Awards
This is for every and anybody....I've done some reading and all that about BCAA's and how they're important and all. But I cant find any info on like how much should be taken and all this and that. Would you guys recommend a person getting an extra supp of BCAA (whichever brand) for muscle mass gaining or is whatever is in protein and food enuf???

Also this is not meant to be geared specifically towards me, its just for anyone in anyone's case.

superdrollover

superdrollover

Awards
  • Established
This is for every and anybody....I've done some reading and all that about BCAA's and how they're important and all. But I cant find any info on like how much should be taken and all this and that. Would you guys recommend a person getting an extra supp of BCAA (whichever brand) for muscle mass gaining or is whatever is in protein and food enuf???

Also this is not meant to be geared specifically towards me, its just for anyone in anyone's case.
I hear mega dosing BCAAs is great for muscle mass and strength gains. I just seen a thread recently talking about it. I will try to find it and post the link for ya!

Mar430

Awards
I hear mega dosing BCAAs is great for muscle mass and strength gains. I just seen a thread recently talking about it. I will try to find it and post the link for ya!
Sweet. thanks man! Is there like a supp for that that you might know of?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Just get BCAA powder and take 4-5g at a time. You can dose it in the morning, before training, during training... between meals.. Very beneficial for recovery/performance/all around gains.

PIOTREK

PIOTREK

Awards
I am currently on Xtend. I take about 20-25 grams during workout and another dose before bed. The solubility of this product is excellent, whereas bulk BCAA powder I purchased from an online bulk retailer, simply will not dissolve, making ingestion very problematic. AST just came out with BCAA caps - a trusted brand.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Christian Thibaudeau recomends 50g ed divided in 5 doses.

Charles Poliquin recomends a lot

Inhale BCAAs

BCAAs have a host of research-supported benefits including preventing catabolism, stimulating anabolism, lowering DOMS, and providing endurance, energy, and an increased rate of recovery. Military personnel in many countries now receive BCAA solutions to prevent mental fatigue during maneuvers. Using a large amount of aminos is also very anabolic! My athletes take a ton.

Now, during workout the most important thing is Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). People who claim they don't get results from them simply don't take enough. A 200 pound man should take 40 grams of BCAAs during a workout. I also add 9 grams of Carnosine.

For post-workout I use a "protein pulse" which I learned about from Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale. Take about 15 grams of essential amino acids. Wait about ten minutes and then have a post-workout drink.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
An Italian study also showed that .17g/kg pre-peri-post workout illicit great gains in gains.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Poliquin is the man. I'm all about Carnosine, thanks to him. Thanks for posting that xjsynx.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
the trouble with BCAA is they can block the absorption of other amino acids, just take at a them at a different time to other protein foods. myprotein.co.uk are very cheap

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
the trouble with BCAA is they can block the absorption of other amino acids, just take at a them at a different time to other protein foods. myprotein.co.uk are very cheap
That stands to reason.. as you can only take in a certain amount of aminos {protein} at a given time. I don't know what the average individual threshold is.. but I'm sure taking 50g's of aminos is fine for the average +200lber, and I trust Poliquin, and Pasquale. The pulsing protocol that X had in his post is a good idea... Pasquale isn't a slouch in nutrient timing... You can assimilate them rather quickly regardless.