Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did Anabolic Pump give you results?

I've been seeing some haters on this and it kinda makes me mad because I love Anabolic Pump, 3 bottles since Jan.

If it didnt work for you, could you post your diet?

*When buying any product wouldnt you want tor esearch it to see how to make it work the best, ecspecially when your shelling out $50????
Ex.)
-Anabolic Pump and complex/low G.I. carbs
-Anabolic Pump and Amount of cabrs
-Other food choices when not taking AP w/ that meal

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I was a dump responder. Sad to have missed out on the benefits, while pooing.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I started to see some results from the first bottle I had, it had red pills in it, the next bottle I got had the off brown color pills, I was taking two pills a day of the red and then went to 3 a day with the brown pills, for about 5 days and then I just could not take barely making it to the throne without shatting down my leg, about an hour after taking AP.
My diet never changed from the first bottle to the second, I have two shakes consisting of 1 cup oats, 1bannana, 1 scoop natural peanut butter, 2 scoops whey isolate, honey, cinnamon, and 2% milk, I tried taking AP before shake or with shake no difference, I backed it down to one a day with the same shake as above for post workout and still have to make a run to the bathroom an hour later. I would love some suggestions, because I have stopped all together. My diet is around 45/30/25......

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the civil reply tx. I'm sorry to hear that it had a different effect.

I know they added "symmetry" to the newer AP, but I think the red onces had it already. The yellow ones were the orig.

The only thing I could think it may be is the cinnamon, i know some people use it to regulate blood sugar and this could effect the respone to AP?

Also i'm assumeing you took it 15-20 minutes befoer the shake, correct?

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
I'll start by saying I research it for about 3 weeks before I bought it. Made sure my diet would go along 100% with the AP.

What do you know....dropped fat, kept muscle, increased strength
Exactly how it worked for me...

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea, I tried taking it 20 minutes before I had my shake, with the same results. I dont think the cinnamon has anything to do with it either, when I was taking 3 a day at least one of those meals on non-workout days was with a solid meal consisting of around 40-80 grams of complex carbs, I still had the stomache cramps about an hour later and the race was on to see if I could make it to the bathroom in time. I am a big fan of USP, cissus has allowed me to train almost pain free, but the ads and claims in recent mags is a little much for me, the whole before and after pics is a little too much like some other companies....

Yea, I tried taking it 20 minutes before I had my shake, with the same results. I dont think the cinnamon has anything to do with it either, when I was taking 3 a day at least one of those meals on non-workout days was with a solid meal consisting of around 40-80 grams of complex carbs, I still had the stomache cramps about an hour later and the race was on to see if I could make it to the bathroom in time. I am a big fan of USP, cissus has allowed me to train almost pain free, but the ads and claims in recent mags is a little much for me, the whole before and after pics is a little too much like some other companies....
Cissus was the first supplement that actually worked as claimed. Why is anabolic pump a far fetch? Because it comes down to if it worked for you not pictures. AP made me take a dump so it's a scam but Cissus is legit because it worked for me.

I'm not complaining by any means it's the consumers nature.

The before and after pictures are legit. We did choose the best ones, but legit. I'm not here to convince but offer insight.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I felt full on AP and ready to rock, I am going to cycle it in the future as eating tonnes of carbs made me a bit soft in the middle. Maybe i ate too many, and timing the pre meal dose was pivotal, if i took it oo early it sapped my appetite, so taking it 5-10 minutes prior seemed perfect for me. Also with so much emphasis on carbs be sure to get enough protein.

Cerberus

Awards
Did not work for me. I tried 3 caps to 6 caps. Nothing.
Took it on my low days of 125 grams of carbs, and my high days of 330 grams. Tried it before (15,30,45,60 minutes) workout.

I gave my last 13-14 caps to a buddy and he said he felt "bigger" during his lifting session.

This industry unfortunately is exactly like this. I've spent hundreds of dollars finding supplements that work for me. Unfortunately, after 7 years of supplementing, I still only take a few supplements. I guess I find myself hoping for the next best thing when I buy something that is "innovative". I just wish more **** would work for me.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Did not work for me. I tried 3 caps to 6 caps. Nothing.
Took it on my low days of 125 grams of carbs, and my high days of 330 grams. Tried it before (15,30,45,60 minutes) workout.

I gave my last 13-14 caps to a buddy and he said he felt "bigger" during his lifting session.

This industry unfortunately is exactly like this. I've spent hundreds of dollars finding supplements that work for me. Unfortunately, after 7 years of supplementing, I still only take a few supplements. I guess I find myself hoping for the next best thing when I buy something that is "innovative". I just wish more **** would work for me.
I hear ya...

Thudd

Awards
My morning dump is a bit of a ritual, and when I started on AP it did increase a bit and I definitely had a case of the Anabolic Dumps (it was never bad though, just, well, errr....those people who've had it will know). However it has stopped now and I'm back to normal - not that my wife ever considers what I do in there normal! :rofl:

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cissus was the first supplement that actually worked as claimed. Why is anabolic pump a far fetch? Because it comes down to if it worked for you not pictures. AP made me take a dump so it's a scam but Cissus is legit because it worked for me.

I'm not complaining by any means it's the consumers nature.

The before and after pictures are legit. We did choose the best ones, but legit. I'm not here to convince but offer insight.

So how about offering me some of that insight to help me use AP more effectively, I never said it was a scam, your words...

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
The morining dump needed more wipes than normal and was quite gassy for me. Some call it Mudd butt.

So how about offering me some of that insight to help me use AP more effectively, I never said it was a scam, your words...
I've offered and continue to offer advice through the forum and e-mails. I do not avoid helping.

How about asking? I can not read minds. You attacked the adds and claims, and I should imply that means advice.

Proteinpowda

Awards
The before and after pics didn't convince me. To me they looked like the difference of me before a workout and me after a workout with different lighting (I'm referring to the pics that were on the main page of AM, not sure if there were different ones).

If you want to convince me that AP works as claims do a cheap and simple study.....
It's supposed to regulate blood sugar levels so get 20 volunteers Put 10 in one group and 10 in the other and glucose test their sugar after a meal with and without AP. It should be double-blind.
Also measure other markers of insulin sensitivity, adiponectin for one, etc.
Granted I've seen a study or two on your products that looks promising, especially the few lb weight loss drop caused by the stuff...but test your actual stuff. That's the cheapest and easiest way to do it; few thumb pricks on a stick.

The before and after pics didn't convince me. To me they looked like the difference of me before a workout and me after a workout with different lighting (I'm referring to the pics that were on the main page of AM, not sure if there were different ones).

If you want to convince me that AP works as claims do a cheap and simple study.....
It's supposed to regulate blood sugar levels so get 20 volunteers Put 10 in one group and 10 in the other and glucose test their sugar after a meal with and without AP. It should be double-blind.
Granted I've seen a study or two on your products that looks promising, especially the few lb weight loss drop caused by the stuff...but test your actual stuff. That's the cheapest and easiest way to do it; few thumb pricks on a stick.
People seem to forget that we sponsored over 15 logs BEFORE THE PRODUCT was ever released or advertising directed to the public. THe logs lasted over 30 days.

Before we released the product, the consumer got feedback form other forum members. I see that as a huge RISK or extreme confidence in the product.

We sold 10,000 units of AP solely based of the beta testers. The money made allowed us to jump into mainstream fairly quickly.

Proteinpowda

Awards
People seem to forget that we sponsored over 15 logs BEFORE THE PRODUCT was ever released or advertising directed to the public. THe logs lasted over 30 days.

Before we released the product, the consumer got feedback form other forum members. I see that as a huge RISK or extreme confidence in the product.

We sold 10,000 units of AP solely based of the beta testers. The money made allowed us to jump into mainstream fairly quickly.
Logs are not exactly a scientific way of researching a compound. To each his own though.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I love most of USPs products. I was taking cissus regularly and powerFull for pct and I tried a cycle of just powerFUll and Cissus and had good results both times. So props to USP for great products, but I've been through 3 bottles of AP. I used 45 days worth for a cutting cycle (100-150g carbs/day) and 45 days worth for a bulking cycle (50-80g carbs/meal w/AP) and really didn't notice much of a difference. But I've also seen results from people who have used AP and gotten really great results. So I think USP has kept up with their claims, they make excellent products. I think it just depends on how your body responds to it, like all products.

- Get the Nabisco habit.

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Logs are not exactly a scientific way of researching a compound. To each his own though.
A ton of people respect the opinions of known members in logs way more than any published 'scientific study'. I couldn't even begin to mention all the studies I've seen contradicting themselves, just look at the whole CLA controversy, there were lots of studies showing CLA helped to lose fat, and now there are more studies showing that CLA negatively impacts health. Same deal with creatine, caffeine, I've even seen studies showing protein powder was detrimental. I'd rather have user advice from trusted members than 'scientific studies' anyday. Studies can be shown to reflect whatever point of view the author wants to take in too many cases.

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anabbolic Pump at 4-6 caps/day

Super Cissus at 6 caps/day

Powerfull at 6 caps/day (3 in the AM on an EMPTY stomach and 3 before bed on an EMPTY stomach)

An outstanding product stack.....If you don't get results from this, either your diet and training are inadequate or you are dosing them incorrectly

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Anabbolic Pump at 4-6 caps/day

Super Cissus at 6 caps/day

Powerfull at 6 caps/day (3 in the AM on an EMPTY stomach and 3 before bed on an EMPTY stomach)

An outstanding product stack.....If you don't get results from this, either your diet and training are inadequate or you are dosing them incorrectly
OR they simply do not work for you. Cissus and Powerfull are 2 awesome products. AP did not work for me. The consumer must weigh benefit vs. side effects..... and when the severity of the diarrhea nearly causes your colon to fall out..... you don't just accept it and enjoy the pump.

I admit I am in the minority, and I am not calling AP a scam. Simply trying to say that you cannot say a non-responder does not know what they are doing.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anabolic pump did not work for me. It gave me terrible headaches that made me sick in the gym. But thats just me..
edited to add it triggered my miigraines so I couldnt workout effectively which the gym was my whole point for taking it. I stuck it out for about 3 weeks and it was just killing my gym time. So while it was bad for me, it works for others.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
...and when the severity of the diarrhea nearly causes your colon to fall out..... you don't just accept it and enjoy the pump.

I admit I am in the minority, and I am not calling AP a scam. Simply trying to say that you cannot say a non-responder does not know what they are doing.
Your colon is overrated, get a colostomy bag :hammer:

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Yes that would be helpful. A few people did this for Glucophase and found that it did, in fact, lower blood sugar significantly. No surprise there, though, as ALA is known to do this. Only problem with Glucophase is that it opens GLUT4 on both muscle and fat, so AP's supposedly selective mechanism seemed intriguing. I used it for 4 months and wasn't sure it did anything... but I was also cutting for most of that and taking other things so it's hard to tell.

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Yes that would be helpful. A few people did this for Glucophase and found that it did, in fact, lower blood sugar significantly. No surprise there, though, as ALA is known to do this. Only problem with Glucophase is that it opens GLUT4 on both muscle and fat, so AP's supposedly selective mechanism seemed intriguing. I used it for 4 months and wasn't sure it did anything... but I was also cutting for most of that and taking other things so it's hard to tell.
How would one go about quantitatively evaluating a nutrient partioner?

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Maybe there are some new pics (I only saw the ones on this site banner), but I have to say that I could barely notice any difference in the before and after pic.
AND I found that refreshing and honest.
They did the obvious better lighting and used oil, but I think I've programmed myself to see beyond these common things. All I saw was a very slight improvement if any. Unlike other before/after pics where you can barely tell it's the same person, this one seemed the most realistic to me and didn't setup unrealistic expectations.

I'll be honest - I'm not 100% sure AP is "working" for me. Then again, I can't say it's not. I don't get the "pump" thing from it, that much I know. Also, unlike 99% of this board, I am unsure Cissus is really working for me. But I bought a bunch in bulk, and I'm going to keep on using it. Makes me think of those "vitamins" that ppl say aren't "working" for them either, lol.

What I do love is PowerFull.
Am I gaining strength from it? Dunno.
Size? Dunno.
Testosterone increase? Dunno. Not taking a blood test.
Do I know it's working? Dunno. I know it's doing "something".

I do know I sleep better with it AND I wake up every single morning with a long lasting woody, lol. That doesn't mean it's upping my test levels, but it psychologically makes me think it is. It also makes me wake up happier than without it. :p So it's a staple in my book now.

I'm definitely my body these past few months. Maybe it's AP/Cissus/PowerFull. Maybe it's the overdosed BCAA's. Maybe it's the Leutor that I started taking after. Dunno. Right now, I'm doing the "kitchen sink" method instead of "isolating" individual supps. Why? Well, where I live, summer is extremely short - so I don't care what's working right now, as long as something works, lol.

But in all seriousness, I think Powerfull and bulk Cissus (cuz of price) are staples for me, as well as lots of BCAA's. I'm honestly thinking the Leukic knockoff is working for me too, because when I mega-dosed BCAA's before, I didn't get the same results.

Anyways, my original point is that I like the before/after pic for AP as opposed to the MuscleTech/EAS ones.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
How would one go about quantitatively evaluating a nutrient partioner?
That is a tough one. I don't think there's an easy way to do it. But at least if there were blood sugar tests on AP, we'd know that it was having a significant effect, even if this didn't confirm that it was selectively targeting muscle over fat.

Proteinpowda

Awards
TeamSavage:
That's why I only reccomended blood sugar testing. If wanted to see what GLUT proteins it was activating we'd be looking at some very very expensive studies involving radioisotopes etc.
Anyway I'm going to end the posting on this thread here. I don't feel like causing an internet forum war.
Later

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
I doubled and even tripled the dose with no effects. Sucks for me....

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i can say with 99% certainty that taking AP lowers my blood sugar...either that or somebody went through a great deal of effort to make a product that EXACTLY mimics the effects of lowered blood sugar :)

Joint Fracture

Awards
I read several logs and was eagerly anticipating the product.
I very much wanted a positive result.

I'm now starting month 5 and have had poor results. I even purchased more thinking the effects would become noticeable after the body sensitized to it. I've tweaked carbs as well.

Sadly, other than some pump effect, I can't say I've responded in any significant way. BF% about the same (despite increasing cardio so much, I wound up in the orthopedists office with a bad knee).

When my current supply is exhausted, I'll retire this supplement.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
One of the guys who was logging (BigPete) is type 1 and regularly checks blood levels. He claimed a significant change with AP.

Not a placebo controlled double blind university super dooper fantastiko study, but interesting to me. :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OR they simply do not work for you. Cissus and Powerfull are 2 awesome products. AP did not work for me. The consumer must weigh benefit vs. side effects..... and when the severity of the diarrhea nearly causes your colon to fall out..... you don't just accept it and enjoy the pump.

Exactly!. I just don't believe the people saying that because the person didn't respond it must be their diet and training. :think:

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly!. I just don't believe the people saying that because the person didn't respond it must be their diet and training. :think:
I agree, but alot of times people are just looking for a miracle supp. 5 years ago I wouldnt have seen crap from AP but now, I love it. I will probably use it for as long as Im doing what I do.

I know I was guilty of this a while back. At the time I thought my diet was good but it wasn't it was terrible. All id look for was protein and that was it. The food may have had 20gr fat, but if it had 30gr protein I didnt care All i saw was protein...so you see why some people ask this?

I agree with people beeing non-responders to things. I just get peeved when people call Anabolic Pump a scam.....This is an outlandish statement that iggnorant people use.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, but alot of times people are just looking for a miracle supp. 5 years ago I wouldnt have seen crap from AP but now, I love it. I will probably use it for as long as Im doing what I do.

I know I was guilty of this a while back. At the time I thought my diet was good but it wasn't it was terrible. All id look for was protein and that was it. The food may have had 20gr fat, but if it had 30gr protein I didnt care All i saw was protein...so you see why some people ask this?

I agree with people beeing non-responders to things. I just get peeved when people call Anabolic Pump a scam.....This is an outlandish statement that iggnorant people use.

Well the problem I have with people saying its your diet and training is that say if someone has a really poor diet and they begin to take a supplement thinking "miracle pill". It doesn't seem to have an effect on them...So they go to the forums to ask for help. This person actually listens to someone on the forums and improves his or her diet, so it is down pat and perfect even down to all percentages worked out by calculator and foods written down in a daily diary. Now this person is getting great results in the gym, the best he or she has ever had. Now how can you tell me that it is the supplement that is giving them the results????....

People should have their diets already worked out and should be getting the results in the gym they expect from a good diet and exercise program. If they are not increasing strength, losing fat, or whatever goal they had planed, then they should re-evaluate their diet and training practices, not add a supplement. A supplement is only added to SUPPLEMENT your diet and training practices, and should not exist to simply give you results from diet and training...It should INCREASE your current results from what you are experiencing at the time!. There are just so many factors involved. A product just may not work for some, may work for others, and may only have partial results in others. We all respond differently to everything that we ingest.

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
I used AP for 3 weeks.

Pros: SERIOUS gylcogen uptake (almost gear-like), increased stamina, muscle fullness, strength gains.

Cons: increased belly fat, lethargy, bloated feeling.

I cut my cycle 1 week short because of the unwanted weight gain. I didn't get the sh*ts, the sharts or a pump. Overall, it's a good product, and I would definitely use AP again: with a cleaner diet though.