Waxy Maize Question

chris223

Awards
  • Established
I'm planning to give waxy maize a try with my next order and have one question. Currently I consume a standard whey/simple carb drink when I get home from the gym, and was wondering if I should remove the simple carbs from the equation once I add the WMS. I'll be downing the WMS immediately post-workout and then a protein drink 20 or 30 minutes later when I get home, but what, if any, carbs should I include in the protein drink? Will the WMS promote glycogen replenishment well enough on its own that simple carbs will be unnecessary and possibly result in increased bodyfat, or should I stick to the same protein/simple carb formula after the WMS? Or should I use a slower-burning carb? Any help/ideas are appreciated.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
skip the simple. whey+waxy post workout

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I drink Creatine + L-Glutimine + Dextrose + Waxy Maize + Water right after I finish working out. The a protein shake 20 min later.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
I like half simple carbs (dextrose) half vitargo, plus bcaa's and glutamine. No creatine right now, but in a few weeks it'll be back in the mix. Then protein 15-20 minutes later, or whenever my stomach feels ready.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
i do 2 scoops whey + 1/2 cup WMS (about 60 grams... 57.6?) + 3 table spoons of corn starch (dextrose 21 grams) + 10 grams of glutamine + 3.6 grams of L-luecine