When to take BCAA during Keto

Lonsdale

Awards
Hi guys,

I'm currently on a keto diet and it's giving good results - however, obviously i'd like to ensure i'm doing it optimally.

My routine is:

Pre workout meal
1 hour later weight training (40 mins) while sipping BCAA (purple wraath))
steady rate cardio for 30-45mins (while sipping BCAA)

Is this ok, as in will the BCAA hinder my cardio fat loss? I only started taking BCAA recently as was conscious that my cardio and weights are taking up to 1.5 hours so dont want to be jeapordising muscle.

Any guidance would be appreciated

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
I don't have any specific proof in mind, but taking the BCAAs like you're doing is a common method that I've heard people use. I've even heard that they can improve your fat loss from cardio.

Don't worry about it, in the greater scheme of things, your calorie intake and expenditure will play a larger role in fat loss. Your current routine seems fine, stick with it unless you become unhappy with the results.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
Keep doing what you are doing, BCAA's will help you maintain muscle, build muscle, and use fat WHILE you are resting or working out. I love BCAA's during my workout, it has made a huge difference. 5-10 grams before workout, 10 grams during, 5-10 grams after. Not to mention what I get from my protein shakes, I am getting close to 35-40 grams of BCAA's in about a 2-2 1/2 hour window. Stay anabolic! Drink your aminos!