Poll: Which?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

EAA, BCAA or Leucine. Which do you prefer?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone View Post
    In a deficiency state, any form of additional protein will do this. When not in that state, the studies suggest it's no better than the other forms.

The studies done in humans do not support the claim that free forms are superior.

Protein aspects aside, don't underestimate how much mental focus and emotional strength can be negatively affected by a reduction in Dopamine and NE levels. BCAA used once a day, probably not a big deal in this area, used multiply, not good. That alone keeps me away from them.
    Maybe I shouldn't use so much EAA after all. I don't want to reduce Dopamine.

2. nothing kills my libido like BCAA.

EAA and leucine don't seem to have the same effect
    •   

3. Wow I am loving BCAA but have noticed that my libido and sleep have been MESSED up since I started them. This is going to be a hard decision on which is more important! As of today I am stopping the BCAA I think.

4. Has anyone noticed EAAs messing up there libido or sleep?

I just read that 25grams of BCAAs per day should mess with libido or dopamine.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    Has anyone noticed EAAs messing up there libido or sleep?

Try EAAs. I believe that they are better then only BCAAs because they have all the essential amino acids. If you tuse a EAA supplement you can get away with eating less protein from real food and thus needing fewer calories.
    •   

6. I just checked 100% whey protein and it contains EAAs including tyrosine(precursor to dopamine).

7. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I've tried the Xtend refreshing watermelon version. Can anyone else comment on the other flavors ?
    watermelon is amazing. I liked grape too.

the grape flavor (2 scoops) mixed with a scoop of Purple Wrath V1 still tastes great to me, and that says alot for anybody who tried PW1

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone View Post
    I don't use BCAAs because my study of their use suggests two things, one is that if one's whole protein intake is at the optimal 1.4 to 2.0g/kg bodyweight range, which mine usually is, they provide little or no additional anabolic benefit, and I believe that a throughout the day use has a negative reduction effect on Brain Dopamine and Norephephrine levels and I've never noticed any real workout stamina benefit from pre or during workout use.

This article pretty much sums up what I believe about them
    BCAAs Supplement Profile
    I only use mine on cuts. I also notice better results when mixing them with WMS.

9. It's no wonder the Members here are always on the hunt for the Superduper Libido Pooper Upper.

66% swearing by BCAA = Dopamine dropping = Prolactin Rising = Members getting limpy, the thrill is gone. It's probably not helping with "Game" either.

I don't know how true that simplistic formula really is, and I don't want to test it out, then I'll be thinking it's a lack of Test(osterone) issue.

10. I use BCAA's quite a bit and have for some time. I think they make a major difference when trying to lean out in muscle preservation. I also like the convenience of being able to take them with me (capsules), when not using bulk in shakes.

I have NEVER experienced a problem sleeping, or issues with libido. That is a new one on me.

11. I ouldlike to see actuall proof on th libido and sleep. Many outside factors can come into play in saying that is the cause.

12. Personally, I would only use BCAA's everyday when in a caloric deficit. Other than that, free-form pre/during/post workout is always good.

My best option is BCAA's with bulk Leucine added in.

13. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    I ouldlike to see actuall proof on th libido and sleep. Many outside factors can come into play in saying that is the cause.
    Well than what you really would need to see is the effects on dopamine levels that article speaks about... You have a point in that but now that its been brought to my attention I can look back and think that it may be a legitimate concern.

14. If this is a real issue, it must be individual dependent. I have taken one of my doses of BCAA's immediately prior to bed for the last couple of years and I have not seen these issues.

I have noticed when I don't closely monitor my coffee consumption or use of stims, I may have restless sleep and wake up groggy. For me, i cut off all stims at about 5PM.

Justreading. Not doubting you at all, but are you sure there aren't any other variables that could have caused these probs? Just trying to weed out likely candidates.

15. Was goin to buy Excell or maybe Bulk BCAAs fromNP. Now i'm second guessin' it. Maybe the bulk EAAs with Taurine?

Bulk EAAs from NP
    L-Leucine - 4500mg
    L-Isoleucine - 800mg
    L-Valine - 2000mg
    L-Lysine - 2000mg
    L-Phenylalanine - 1700mg
    L-Threonine - 1400mg
    L-Histidine - 650mg
    L-Methionine -450mg

16. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Was goin to buy Excell or maybe Bulk BCAAs fromNP. Now i'm second guessin' it. Maybe the bulk EAAs with Taurine?

Bulk EAAs from NP
    L-Leucine - 4500mg
    L-Isoleucine - 800mg
    L-Valine - 2000mg
    L-Lysine - 2000mg
    L-Phenylalanine - 1700mg
    L-Threonine - 1400mg
    L-Histidine - 650mg
    L-Methionine -450mg
    I would have taken the bulk EAAs

17. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    What??

ditto that - what?

20 of 200?

18. I like Excell (BCAA powder) and Animal Nitro (EAA pills).

19. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Was goin to buy Excell or maybe Bulk BCAAs fromNP. Now i'm second guessin' it. Maybe the bulk EAAs with Taurine?

Bulk EAAs from NP
    L-Leucine - 4500mg
    L-Isoleucine - 800mg
    L-Valine - 2000mg
    L-Lysine - 2000mg
    L-Phenylalanine - 1700mg
    L-Threonine - 1400mg
    L-Histidine - 650mg
    L-Methionine -450mg
    I went with XTEND for during workout, and L-Leucine for PWO, along with CEE.

20. 15g BCAA + 5g Leucine

21. BCAAs are one of the few 'non essential' supplements that you can actually feel working... although I agree with reaper that it is not all together neccessary to buy an amino supplement. Most quality wheys have a good amino blend.

22. Quote Originally Posted by the russian View Post
    BCAAs are one of the few 'non essential' supplements that you can actually feel working... although I agree with reaper that it is not all together neccessary to buy an amino supplement. Most quality wheys have a good amino blend.

BCAA is essential supplement , BCAA is EAA

23. Agreed I take 25 grams BCAAs every day.

I am a grampa, sleep like a baby and still get AM wood and keep the misses PLENTY Happy.

Oh yea I also swim 9 miles a week, bike 200 miles a week and run 16 miles a week. About 2.5 hours a day of cardio and still weigh 205lbs at 6' at about 11% Body fat. IMO BCAAs really help you keep that precious muscle when taken in a high enough dosage

Listen to your body and don't believe everything you read.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

24. Quote Originally Posted by Skircus7 View Post
    I use BCAAs or EAAs during cardio & weights, and I also add 5-6g of Leucine to my post workout shake.

All three for me

yep..same here

25. Quote Originally Posted by Markoni321 View Post
    BCAA is essential supplement , BCAA is EAA
    I stand corrected...

Still learning, lol.

26. Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    Has anyone noticed EAAs messing up there libido or sleep?

well - this is very interesting. i have been having some sleep issues for the past month. i was chalking it up to DCP which i've stopped and now RPM. but i never considered the BCAAs which i have began to use when this started happening.

27. Not sure, aside from cost why anyone would choose just taking the bcaa's over the EAA's which include the bcaa's? While the bcaa's are likely the most important of the eaa's in particular leucine, they are all needed for optimal protein synthesis.

And yes, there are plenty of EAA studies showing how effective they are at stimulating protein synthesis. BCAA's alone can't compare to a full spectrum of eaa's.

I may sometimes ADD bcaa's to eaa's or protein shake, but I would never replace EAA's with a bcaa product.

28. I use both BCAA's and EAA'a while training. I've just replaced WPI wity EAA and have noticed a greater pump. I have no idea if there is any science to back this up, but it is definately happening to me even while I'm on the Cut Diet and between refeeds.

29. Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
    well - this is very interesting. i have been having some sleep issues for the past month. i was chalking it up to DCP which i've stopped and now RPM. but i never considered the BCAAs which i have began to use when this started happening.
    Where u taking them in the morning or night?

30. I was an advocate of BCAAs above all before, but recently I've switched over to the EAA side. The data is just better, and you are still getting your BCAAs with it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Workout partner or solo? What do you prefer?
    By BigShadow in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 04:56 PM
  2. Which do you prefer?
    By W13NY in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 08:34 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 05:02 PM
  4. which do you prefer
    By Kaison05 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 7