alternative to whey?

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
I need a bulk alternative to whey protein. I can't even handle the isolate my dairy sensitivity is so bad.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
try bulk goat sperm.........

hahaha...just playin

nelix

Awards
  • Established
soy... probably better off just eating real food and BCAA.

Or trying something like gut health... Other probiotics.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need a bulk alternative to whey protein. I can't even handle the isolate my dairy sensitivity is so bad.
even if you mix with water....

coug42

coug42

Awards
  • Established
I've heard that the new goat whey protein called "oryx" or something was pretty good for people with dairy probs. I think vyotech makes it. It still has a pretty good BCAA content as well.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah, like TripDog said... GOAT SPERM!

It's my fav
Good call Leggo..:thumbsup: ......Carter,...first you need to find a goat...then possibly feed it a few cocktails,and get it kinda loose feelin.....Never make direct eye contact with the goat!!!!! always keep your focus on the goats unit...make sure to wash your hands before and after extraction.......consume in mass quantities....good luck..i hope this helps .........Tripps

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
What exactly happens when you take the isolate?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
i am extremely sensitive to dairy products and find i tolerate ON's just fine. i believe ON's protein has lactase enzyme added to it to help digest the lactose sugars in the protein. but for other whey proteins, i just take it with a few lactase pills, seems to work OK most of the time. other then that i would recomend egg white protein, but not soy due to the estrogenic effecs.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Good call Leggo..:thumbsup: ......Carter,...first you need to find a goat...then possibly feed it a few cocktails,and get it kinda loose feelin.....Never make direct eye contact with the goat!!!!! always keep your focus on the goats unit...make sure to wash your hands before and after extraction.......consume in mass quantities....good luck..i hope this helps .........Tripps
LOL

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone ever tried sourcing protein from insects? I mean supposedly a lot of insects have a higher protein to other macro ratios than most other food products. So, might it be possible to get some cockroach protein going, or fruit fly protein? I'm honestly wondering. If it can be isoltated, then the source can be bred to accomodate any scale of production pretty much. Plus it would free us from dairy price fulctuations with regard to whey.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried Isopure. It is suppose to be lactose free. If not only use whey when cutting.

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards

I was wondering why I wasn't getting huge off this **** before!!! Too much eye contact. No ****ing wonder.

asianbabe. Ive tried all kinds of isolate, even with the lactase enzyme, it gives me

*singing voice*

nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarhea, Pepto Bismol!

Actually only the last three, which ****ing suck! I just wondering if you all could pick up on that commercial.

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
Has anyone ever tried sourcing protein from insects? I mean supposedly a lot of insects have a higher protein to other macro ratios than most other food products. So, might it be possible to get some cockroach protein going, or fruit fly protein? I'm honestly wondering. If it can be isoltated, then the source can be bred to accomodate any scale of production pretty much. Plus it would free us from dairy price fulctuations with regard to whey.

Interesting. Hey isn't that what McDonalds does? Thats not a bad idea. Problem is the taste. Even though whey can come in isolate it still has a taste. Even more ecenomical is plant protein. For this they use hemp, it is the highest of all plant proteins, but doesn't taste good enough to use all the time, and is very hard to swallow, even more so than goat sperm.

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
I have the same allergy, dairy.. i use rice protein that i get from whole foods or another supplements store

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use cinch which is soy/rice. I love it. I use it at night.

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
I have the same allergy, dairy.. i use rice protein that i get from whole foods or another supplements store

Rice is not a complete protein. So ive heard.... I'll check that later.

So far far Goat whey makes the most sense, that and its 300% more absorbable, says the advertisement, lol.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried Isopure. It is suppose to be lactose free. If not only use whey when cutting.
haha...only use when cutting, if your lactose intolerant whey is like a laxative:lol:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

So far far Goat whey makes the most sense, that and its 300% more absorbable, says the advertisement, lol.

My cinch shake is a complete protein and it has rice protein in it. Yes rice is not considered complete protein but it is easily digested by more people in the world compared to dairy.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established

goat whey? if its made from goat milk, which it most likely is because thats what whey is made from, it might not be the best solution for someone that is lactose intolerant. 300% more absorbale then what? rocks? i think thats just some advertisement BS. regular whey is the most bioavaible protein supp. think its like 99%. just my 2 cents

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Goat tastes like ass. I tried it before. Soy is also considered a complete protein.

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
Egg, and or Hemp Protein.
Hemp's superior 66% edistin and 33% albumin protein structure is the highest in the plant kingdom, making it the Gold Standard of Plant Protein.
37% protein
43% fiber
0% "net" carbs*
9% beneficial fats plus vitamin E and iron
no hexane used in processing
*Zero net carbs after subtracting the fiber

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
Goat tastes like ass. I tried it before. Soy is also considered a complete protein.

Did you try goat whey isolate? or Goat milk? Cause Ive tried goat milk and its sick.

Yea, soy is complete. Ive heard it raises estrogen, but, that doesn't really cause any problems for a bulking body builder.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heres a video, just follow along!,

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I switched to Oryx Goat Whey a few months ago and it's the best protein I've ever used. I blend it with ice, water, and a little bit of stevia... it's extremely easy on the GI tract, tastes amazing, and is very pure... and I don't get any nasty feelings like MANY other proteins out there. I'll vouch for Oryx any day... and I've tried almost all the others!

knox

Awards
  • Established
could try a carton of liquid egg whites purchased from your local grocery store. Easy 50grams of protein. Or liquid beef aminos

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
if you were here I would recommend kangaroo :)
~$6 a kilo, best tasting, healthiest meat you can find (in my opinion!) :p

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
I switched to Oryx Goat Whey a few months ago and it's the best protein I've ever used. I blend it with ice, water, and a little bit of stevia... it's extremely easy on the GI tract, tastes amazing, and is very pure... and I don't get any nasty feelings like MANY other proteins out there. I'll vouch for Oryx any day... and I've tried almost all the others!
Just got some in the mail. It really does taste good, and its nice cause an hour after drinking it im hungry. No stomach problems either. Supposedly its even better than bovine protein.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Just got some in the mail. It really does taste good, and its nice cause an hour after drinking it im hungry. No stomach problems either. Supposedly its even better than bovine protein.
Yeah bro... it's awesome stuff and I will never switch to anything else. It's so easy on the GI tract because it's so easily absorbed and much of it is predigested peptides, therefore you'll not get stomach aches and you'll feel hungry soon after because it has been utilized that fast! If I want a slower digesting meal, I mix 2 scoops of Oryx Goat Whey, 2-3 TBSP peanut butter and 4 TBSP of either psyllium husk or hemp protein for the fiber. AMAZING! Never feel tired or lethargic from it either!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
4 TBSP of psyllium husk!!! That's alot of fiber!! Did you meat 4 tsp?
Oops. Correct. My psyllium husk container is different though... 'Secret of the Psyllium' is a bit more 'diluted'.

theseus

theseus

Awards
I use to get really bad diarrhea from whey, even isolate. But I was using 3 scoups 3-4 times a day.
I switched to MPI and for whatever reason, my problems have pretty much gone away. Im still talking 10+ scoops a day.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I use to get really bad diarrhea from whey, even isolate. But I was using 3 scoups 3-4 times a day.
I switched to MPI and for whatever reason, my problems have pretty much gone away. Im still talking 10+ scoops a day.
A lot of people's body reject bovine type proteins, especially crappy whey concentrates. Goat's milk is the closest thing to human milk and is much better accepted. If you feel good with a good quality WPI, or in your case MPI, go with that.

theseus

theseus

Awards
Too much WPI gets to me. I usually end up using
5 scoops MPI + a cup of oats and 2tbs of olive oil in my first shake

and 5 scoops MPI + 1 scoop WPI + oats as post workout.

Taking in more then 2 scoops of WPI usually does me in. Maybe the quality is not what it should be, but I get it from allthewhey.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Too much WPI gets to me. I usually end up using
5 scoops MPI + a cup of oats and 2tbs of olive oil in my first shake

and 5 scoops MPI + 1 scoop WPI + oats as post workout.

Taking in more then 2 scoops of WPI usually does me in. Maybe the quality is not what it should be, but I get it from allthewhey.
I've heard good things about Allthewhey. They're good, anabolic innovations is good as well... few other really good ones... But Oryx works best for ME. I'm sure it'd work great for any human being who consumes it though. I actually feel energy from my meal replacements that I make with the goat whey. I felt bogged down when I used anything else, including whey, milk protein, casein, etc.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
That sounds yummy:food:
I would love to try kangaroo.
I've never had kangaroo but I will say koala is delicious! They say once you've tasted a marsupial, you've tasted them all

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I also have problems digesting whey so I switched to Oryx Goat Whey as soon as I discovered it. I am so glad I switched, I can comfortably drink my PWO shake at work and not worry about cropdusting or abdominal pain.
If taste is your primary concern then you may have to flavor it up a little, I usually add pineapple, banana, or raspberries to my shake and it tastes like a reward.

SuperBig

Awards
try ProCore Advance from Kemistry. It has Buckwheat fractions in it - 100% non-dairy.

here is the marketing info:

ProCore Advance contains powerful "Buckwheat Fractions" (BWF) - one of the most efficient, if not the most efficient, protein know to man - specifically a phenolated protein. Unique binding of phenols to protein helps make protein molecules significantly more bioavailable. Research shows these buckwheat fractions have considerable muscle-building and fat reducing potential.

For individuals sensitive to dairy proteins, ProCore Advance™ is 100% dairy free - No bloating, no subcutaneous water retention, and no gastrointestinal distress!

ProCore Advance Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 1 Scoop

Serving Per Container: 33

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 106

Calories from fat 8

Total Fat 1g

Saturated Fat 0

Cholesterol 0

Sodium 190mg

Total Carbohydrates 3.5g

Sugars 2.5g

Dietary Fiber 1g

Protein 21g

Vitamin A 0%

Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 6%

Iron 25%

Phosphorus 20%

Other ingredients: Procore Sympro V (Phenolated Buckwheat Protein Fractions, Supro XT Soy Protein Isolate), Dextrose, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Lecithin, Sodium Chloride, Sucralose.

PROCORE Typical Amino Acid Profile Per Scoop

Alanine 798 mg

Arginine 1407 mg

Aspartic Acid 2142 mg

Cysteine 231 mg

Glutamic Acid 3528 mg

Glycine 777 mg

Histidine 683 mg

Isoleucine 1132 mg

Leucine 1512 mg

Lysine 1176 mg

Methionine 231 mg

Phenylalanine 966 mg

Proline 945 mg

Serine 966 mg

Threonine 893 mg

Tryptophan 252 mg

Tyrosine 693 mg

Valine 924 mg

Directions: Depending on your individual protein needs, mix 1 to 3 scoops of Procore Advance with 6 to 18oz. of water in a shaker or blender or simply stir into water with a spoon. For maximum results, drink Procore Advance 2 to 4 times a day.

Allergen Warning: contains soy.