Feedback on Avant's SyntheSIZE?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for feedback on Avant Labs' SyntheSIZE. I'm willing to give it a shot if people have had some positive experience with it.

Also, do you think it would be as beneficial on a cut as it would a bulk?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Well, I ordered it anyways. I plan on using it with the ECA stack and mega-dosing BCAAs to retain muscle. We'll see if this helps.

I'm also going to see if I can pick up some Glucosamine HCl as well to mix with this, since apparently that's what the old Leptigen Mass was.

Still, any feedback about this product would be great.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I have it, but haven't taken it yet.
Aight, mine should be in either tomorrow(Saturday) or Monday. Let me know how it works out for you and how you plan to use it.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I went from 174 to about 188 in about 10 weeks.

It's great stuff. Just wait until our other two pre-workout drinks come out.

Holy moly- talk about the holy grail of pre-workout/anabolic supplementation.

Buy up the beta while you can.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Also, if you look over at M & M, you'll find the tester feedback on it.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Also, if you look over at M & M, you'll find the tester feedback on it.
Great googly moogly. That's a nice gain...were you taking anything else? If not, this is going to be more of a recomp than a cut for me(ECA+Mega-Dose BCAA+Synthesize). I'm amazed that you got such good results without taking any kind of natural anabolic. In fact, that's probably better than most people do on them.

Also, thank you for pointing me towards some reviews.

While you're here, I have a question or two. I've never used any of the Leptigen series, but I have read up on what I could about the products and reviews. I bought some glucosamine HCl pills to take with the Synthesize. Is this a good idea if I'm cutting/recomping? I've read conflicting info on this site and another site(not sure if it was M&M or not).

I guess what is the difference with taking the glucosamine and not taking it? If you could just give me a quick response instead of linking me to something, that would be great. I think I've clicked on all the links that Avant Reps have posted and it has just confused me.

I appreciate your time!

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I have to be honest (and I'm not trying to sound like a jackass)- I have really good genes for building mass. Still, that much weight is good regardless.

All I took was SyntheSIZE and bumped my cals up a little. I took it with my first meal of the day, with my pre-workout meal, and with my post workout shake.

It's very important to take it with meals. I can't stress that enough. Also, timing is very important. I've found through personal experimentation that the dosing I listed above is the best way to go about it- first meal, pre-workout meal, post-workout shake.

Well, glucosamine activates the hexosamine pathway for leptin manipulation (it's complicated), but if you're taking SyntheSIZE for cutting/recomp, I don't think you're supposed to add glucosamine. But I'm not 100% sure. Let me check with the R & D guys and I'll get back with you.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Well I have to be honest (and I'm not trying to sound like a jackass)- I have really good genes for building mass. Still, that much weight is good regardless.

All I took was SyntheSIZE and bumped my cals up a little. I took it with my first meal of the day, with my pre-workout meal, and with my post workout shake.

It's very important to take it with meals. I can't stress that enough. Also, timing is very important. I've found through personal experimentation that the dosing I listed above is the best way to go about it- first meal, pre-workout meal, post-workout shake.

Well, glucosamine activates the hexosamine pathway for leptin manipulation (it's complicated), but if you're taking SyntheSIZE for cutting/recomp, I don't think you're supposed to add glucosamine. But I'm not 100% sure. Let me check with the R & D guys and I'll get back with you.
Ok great, thanks. I was planning on dosing at those times. I can't wait to see what this does.

Lemme know what you find out and what the difference between w/glucosamine and w/o glucosamine is.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think you'll start noticing better pumps and endurance after a couple of days of usage, and from there, the effects keep building up (endurance, pumps, weight gain).

I started using it again the other day to help me retain muscle while cutting. I take in very low carbs and I do circuit training, so I feel pretty rough most of the time. The SyntheSIZE has definitely helped endurance, though, plus I even got a little bit of a pump yesterday. A pump while doing circuit training.

Still have to talk to one of the R & D guys on the glucosamine thing.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh, BTW, you need to buy the beta from nutraplanet.com. We sold all of the beta stock to them to make way for the final version coming in a couple of weeks.

And it's only 29.99 from them. Dizzamn.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think you'll start noticing better pumps and endurance after a couple of days of usage, and from there, the effects keep building up (endurance, pumps, weight gain).

I started using it again the other day to help me retain muscle while cutting. I take in very low carbs and I do circuit training, so I feel pretty rough most of the time. The SyntheSIZE has definitely helped endurance, though, plus I even got a little bit of a pump yesterday. A pump while doing circuit training.

what about the use of WMS with SyntheSIZE? and at what times?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Here's how I think it should look with WMS-

Pre-workout meal + SyntheSIZE + 1/2 WMS + 1/2 SuperCarb

Then

Post-workout shake + SyntheSIZE + 1/2 WMS + 1/2 SuperCarb

You want to combine a light, fast digesting carb source like WMS with a light, slow digesting carb source like SuperCarb so you have appropriate levels of glucose at all times around workouts.

This will give incredible endurance and fullness, and ultimately, anabolism.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Hear anything about the Synthesize plus Glucosamine? I plan on beginning use tomorrow at breakfast and pre and post w/o with 35 g WMS + 10-15 g BCAA each. 30 min after my post w/o WMS+BCAA I do about 50 g whey. Do you think I would be better off with mixing the Synthesize with the WMS+BCAA or with the whey?

Also, if you have heard a response could you provide more information than a yes or no on the glucosamine? I would really appreciate a 'why' also. If it takes a while to get the 'why', that's totally fine with me.

Thanks for the help!

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Still waiting to hear back on the glucosamine. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Where's the SuperCarb?! ;)

In all seriousness, you need a slower digesting carb in there somewhere, IMO, whether it's SuperCarb or whatever. Glucose spikes are necessary at certain times, of course, but so is sustained glucose during workouts.

I think it would be fine to take SyntheSIZE with our post-workout WMS and BCAAs. Maybe just shrink the time interval between that and the whey, though. For example, maybe only wait 15-20 minutes to take the whey.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Still waiting to hear back on the glucosamine. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Where's the SuperCarb?! ;)

In all seriousness, you need a slower digesting carb in there somewhere, IMO, whether it's SuperCarb or whatever. Glucose spikes are necessary at certain times, of course, but so is sustained glucose during workouts.

I think it would be fine to take SyntheSIZE with our post-workout WMS and BCAAs. Maybe just shrink the time interval between that and the whey, though. For example, maybe only wait 15-20 minutes to take the whey.
Thanks for the quick response. I'm going to dose the glucosamine as of right now and wait to hear otherwise.

Yeah I've thought of adding another type of carb in there. I just placed an order for a bunch stuff about a week or two ago, so I'm gonna hold off for a little while longer so I can make a larger purchase all at once. Any chance of getting NP to stock SuperCarb? If you do get them to stock it, I will buy it.

I've heard of people using oats in there shakes...if you do use oats, do people grind them up first or just throw them in the shake? I never quite understood how that worked. :think: I'm about to go to the grocery store so I will pick up a big canister of steel cut oats. Hope that's slow enough. ;)

I will also shorten the time between the WMS+BCAA and the whey. Maybe I will mix the whey with some oats...

Thanks again.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, NP will have the final version of SuperCarb very soon. It'll launch with SyntheSIZE final and what I like to call "Codename Pwnsauce". (Plus, there will be a big announcement at that point)

The oats thing I've never really understood either. Some guys just throw them in a shake, but that is freakin' disgusting to me. Plus, it makes me feel way too full. I like feeling light when I workout.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, NP will have the final version of SuperCarb very soon. It'll launch with SyntheSIZE final and what I like to call "Codename Pwnsauce". (Plus, there will be a big announcement at that point)

The oats thing I've never really understood either. Some guys just throw them in a shake, but that is freakin' disgusting to me. Plus, it makes me feel way too full. I like feeling light when I workout.
Hahaha "Pwnsauce". Well, I will be on the lookout for Pwnsauce. Sounds like a pre w/o something or other.

As for the oats, I might just throw them into my whey shake and keep the pre w/o shakes light. I'm looking at the steel cut oats for the first time right now and they definitely have a different consistency than rolled oats. Rolled oats are flat, flaky, and are kind of powdered. Steel cuts oats look exactly like they are called...little pieces of cut up oats. So it makes more sense to throw these in a shake than other oats.

I'll give it a whirl.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Pwnsauce "A blend of banned Australian imports so nelix can't buy it".

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I really hate to say it, nelix, but that will be true.

However, I bet NP could help you out.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So does anything you order from here ever get through?

redhawk76

redhawk76

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For my oats I put them in the shaker in water pre-wo, so they are saturated by PWO. Steel cut oats are definitely not as heavy as old fashioned. I still don't mind the old fashioned though.

If both are too heavy for your stomach, get a coffee grinder and grind them up, that'll make it much lighter on the stomach

JJC

Awards
  • Established
For my oats I put them in the shaker in water pre-wo, so they are saturated by PWO. Steel cut oats are definitely not as heavy as old fashioned. I still don't mind the old fashioned though.

If both are too heavy for your stomach, get a coffee grinder and grind them up, that'll make it much lighter on the stomach
Hmmm I might have to try soaking my oats well before drinking my shake then. Thanks!

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards

Sounds good. I might have to save my SynthaSIZE until a week into my 3-AD cycle I just started, or else I might not know which is doing what???

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I'd just stack them together to get the absolute most out of your cycle, unless you just want to do a little experiment to find out what's doing what.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Well I'd just stack them together to get the absolute most out of your cycle, unless you just want to do a little experiment to find out what's doing what.
Yes, it is a tough call. I want to see what 3-AD has to offer though, hence the waiting of SynthaSIZE. This is why I might wait half way through my cycle (2 weeks) before I start taking SynthaSIZE. But it is so hard to resist. I hear it SynthaSIZE calling me :icon_lol:

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Damn I can't wait until the two pre-workout drinks are out. Those two plus SyntheSIZE are just going to DOMINATE.

Straight gangsta' mack.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
any update regarding this statmenet? i thought glucosamine was important to add to synthesize during dieting. anyways, i just got my beta tubs and would like to start soon so if you could give more info on this, it would be appreciated. also, is there anything that will deactivate this pathway?

maybe ill browse the avant labs and M & M forums to look for answers.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No update on that, sorry fellas. Still waiting.

I'm going to go ask Pharaoh himself and get back with y'all.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I'll tell you this much, and I don't know if it's the Synthesize or the mega dosed BCAA or both, but I have been on the ECA stack for the past five days and although I have been drained the past two days I have begun to lean out yet my weight has not budged.

I'm seeing my abs again and am really looking forward to drudging through the next two weeks of ECA. The SyntheSize and BCAA should help to keep my muscles intact.

Oh and I've been taking 2g of glucosamine hcl with each serving of SyntheSize. Morning, pre w/o, and post w/o on w/o days. At main three meals on off days.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Behold the glory of recomposition! It's a wonderful thing, isn't it?

It's likely due to SyntheSIZE and BCAAs, which is why pretty soon you'll be able to take BCAAs Avant style. Which means, of course, it'll be sick. They're in one of our upcoming pre-workout drinks.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Dammit! More supps that I will HAVE to buy...

Let me know when they will be released.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Shortly after SyntheSIZE final, SuperCarb final, and "Codename Pwnsauce".

But yeah, I'll let y'all know a firm date ASAP.

lazerss9

Awards
i dont mean to jack this thread, but what is synthesize designed for? is it for bulking, cutting...? and what is it? i tried to read into it, but didn't find very much information.

lazerss9

Awards
so for bulking, would this be taken with a weight gainer? also, are there any logs?

Alpha-male

Awards
sup guys, you're supposed to put the oats in the blender.

this is what my breakfast and PWO shake consists of when i'm not cutting:

1 cup oats : 300 cal, 10g protein, 54g carb, minimal fat
2 scoops whey
1 cup milk (whole, skim, or fat, whatever you need)
1/2 cup of water: this is to decrease the thickness of the
shake and make it easier to drink. this
amount depends on personal preference.

depending on the protein used, the type of milk used, etc, it usually come out to around 600 cals, 68g protein, 66 grams carb, etc. You can add creatine to both breakfast and PWO shake.

Currently cutting and on low carbs so right now I do this:

2 scoops protein
1 cup soy milk unsweetened (5g carbs 4 of those being fiber)
4 tbs flaxseed meal powder

the flaxseed meal powder replaced the oats. The flaxseed meal has 3g protein per serving, 4.5g fat per serving and all of the carbs are fiber. and then add whatever amount of water you want to get the right thickness for you. and again you can add your creatine to these shakes.

happy lifting guys.

:head:

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
tony, i gotta admit that youre a superstar when it comes to fast replies (if only avant would be similar in their supplement releases:think: *sigh*)

anyways, i just wanted to clarify something. the bottle says 3 scoops, 3x daily but nutraplanets link states 2 scoops, 3x daily. im pretty sure i remember something about a labeling error, so it is in fact 2 scoops per serving, correct?

im starting this bad boy tomorrow. since im in an experimental phase, im only using 1 supplement at a time so i should have great judgment to the effectiveness of synthesize. although it will be 2 supplements with the added glucosamine. so far, ive learned that very few supplements make any difference but hopefully synthesize will go against the norm:head:

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I hear ya', man- we're working hard to get operations going faster so y'all won't have to wait nearly as long for new releases.

You are correct, though- one dose is two scoops, not three. I think within a week you'll start noticing better endurance and better fullness, and within a couple of weeks, start putting the weight on if you're bulking or maintaining muscle if you're cutting.

lazer, yeah, you can take it with a gainer.

Keep in mind the dosing regime I mentioned in an earlier post- once upon waking, once pre-workout, and once post-workout. I think that's the best way to do it.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i thought of one more question: would it be beneficial to mix a serving with my drink that i sip on throughout my workout? it consists of 15g BCAA's and 1 scoop poseidon (electrolyte, vitamin, mineral, and amino acid blend). or would it better to take the synthesize with whole food meals before and after that will include many more calories and all macronutrients?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd say WITH meals. Part of the reason for SyntheSIZE is to optimize meals. So-

Take with first meal of the day

Pre-workout meal (now note that here, I tend to do a pre-workout "quasi meal" that's more of a little snack than an actual full meal)

Post-workout meal (shake with whey, SuperCarb, WMS, and/or whatever else)

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
The thread has digressed some from the initial query regarding the addition of glucosamine to SyntheSize, but I will confirm its usefulness when cutting around or below your set point. The desired amount was discussed elsewhere, and I recall the addition of 10-20g of glucosamine providing sufficient results spread over the 30 day period in which SyntheSize is consumed.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
i thought of one more question: would it be beneficial to mix a serving with my drink that i sip on throughout my workout? it consists of 15g BCAA's and 1 scoop poseidon (electrolyte, vitamin, mineral, and amino acid blend). or would it better to take the synthesize with whole food meals before and after that will include many more calories and all macronutrients?
Taking it with calorically dense meals, as well as in the workout window will maximize the effectiveness, indeed.

As Tony suggested above, good things arise with that type of approach.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
so for bulking, would this be taken with a weight gainer? also, are there any logs?
As much as I am not a fan of traditional weight gainers, see my endorsement above regarding the use of SyntheSize with calorically dense meals.

There are tons of logs: Linkage A -- Linkage B.

If these links don't work, I'm a tool ;).

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The thread has digressed some from the initial query regarding the addition of glucosamine to SyntheSize, but I will confirm its usefulness when cutting around or below your set point. The desired amount was discussed elsewhere, and I recall the addition of 10-20g of glucosamine providing sufficient results spread over the 30 day period in which SyntheSize is consumed.
So, Egon - you are saying a half a gram a day of glucosamine?

I'm curious if the negative effect glucosamine provides upon insulin modulation would negatively affect Synthsize when cutting?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Also, do proton packs work after a year or so of just sitting around?