ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION Announces Beta-Alanine(IntraXCell) STUDY!

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established

Introducing, Beta-Alanine(IntraXCell) STUDY!

Athletic Edge Nutrition recognizes the importance of having research backed formula's. We do NOT recklessly or inaccurately throw around the term SCIENCE, as so many other supplement companies do, simply for marketing purposes. As they say, talk is cheap, so to PROVE to YOU that we are not your typical supplement company making unsubstantiated claims. We went one BIG step further than the talkers.

We are excited to announce, that an open label study using IntraXCell was just completed and the FULL TEXT is now been submitted to a scientific journal for peer review and publication. This is just the FIRST of MANY more larger studies to come out using IntraXCell and future AEN products!

Effects of beta-alanine supplementation on exercise performance during a competitive wrestling season: An 8-week open label study.
Kern BD, Robinson TL, Manninen AH. Physical Education Department, Center High School, 500 S. Broadway Center, Colorado 81125, USA.Email: [email protected]

Abstract
Background: The goal of wrestlers during a competitive season is to maintain or lose body weight without compromising athletic performance. However, some studies have reported decrements in exercise performance associated with weight loss and/or the strain of a competitive season. The purpose of this study, therefore, was to examine the effects of 8 week beta-alanine (β-ala) supplementation on exercise performance in Division II collegiate wrestlers during a competitive season. Methods: 25 college wrestlers (age 18 to 22 y) volunteered to participate in this study, and 18 subjects (mean BMI 24.7 ? 3.7) completed the study. Each participant ingested 4 g/d of β-ala in an open-label manner during the final eight weeks of their competitive season. The subjects followed a standard training protocol for collegiate wrestling as dictated by the head coach. They were also required to maintain uniform body mass during the entire eight weeks, as per weight bracket allowance during the competitive season. Before and after supplementation, subjects performed a 400 m sprint and 90 degree flexed-arm hang to exhaustion. Immediately prior to and following the pre treatment and post treatment 400 m sprint, subjects blood lactate was taken via finger stick and analyzed to determine lactate increase during the 400 m sprint. Results: The subjects showed significant decrease (p<0.01) in 400 m sprint time (? 3.5 s ? 2.4 s, mean ? SD) and significant increase (p<0.01) in 90 degree flexed-arm hang (+ 8.5 s ? 8.35 s, mean ? SD). No significant change (p>0.05) in blood lactate values were observed. Conclusion:The results of our study suggest that supplementation of β-ala may improve exercise performance in wrestlers during a competitive season. Because of the design of this experiment, it is impossible to identify exactly how much of the positive effects experienced by the subjects was a direct result of the supplementation. However, due to the large increase in performance and the similarity of results in comparison to other β-ala studies, we feel our study strongly suggests efficacy of β-ala supplementation. The ergogenic effects of β-ala supplementation during a competitive wrestling season needs to be confirmed in placebo-controlled trials.

Acknowledgments:Athletic Edge Nutrition donated the products and ~150 US dollars for lactate measurements. No other funding was received. The authors declare that they have no competing interests.

For anyone who just wants the key points of the study:

1. Study showed huge increases in Anaerobic Strength, Power & Muscular Endurance.
2. IntraXCell was used, supplying 4g of Beta-Alanine a day
3. 18 College wrestlers were used
4. Study went for 8 weeks

For more information on IntraXCell: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/athletic-edge-nutrition/62412-athletic-edge-nutrition.html

Our Beta-Alanine thread:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/64211-beta-alanine-carnosine.html

Our product summary review thread: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/athletic-edge-nutrition/62856-athletic-edge-nutrition.html

Athletic Edge Nutrition has been growing fast these past two years and we want to take the time to thank all our loyal customers who have supported us through word of mouth and with your repeat business. In doing so, you allow us develop and launch exciting new products that we can all benefit from. Your support, also allows us to be involved in larger research studies in the future, further validating our products efficacy.

Thank you,

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Nice, some solid info right here.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Nice to see a sup company supporting research.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Nice, some solid info right here.

Thank you, we were very pleased with the results and look to have larger studies copleated on IntraXCell in the not too distant future.

Also to my knowledge, this is the first study on a commercial Beta-Alanine supplement that doesn't contain creatine(Phosphagen Elite), so in many ways it's quite groundbreaking. :)

When a company gets their product used in a study where the researchers have no ties with the company and will publish the results regardless if they are good or bad, it should really show the consumer the confidence the company has in the effectiveness of their products.:)

We strongly stand behind our products working just as claimed and hope consumers feel confident knowing this when they use an AEN product.:cheers:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think im in love with the blue pills <3 ..... oh yah the science and research is kinda nice too ;)

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
:cheers:

More studies on AEN products to come!

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to it Sebastian

:)
Me too, as we really have some unique idea's on future studies. Some of these idea's, would make these studies EXTREMELY relevant to strength/power athletes(i.e US!!)

If this next project transpires , there will be quite a few firsts in terms of analytical techniques, as well as some other features that have been untouched in previous BA research.

Who knows, maybe some of your idea's may be incorporated.:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, it's pretty obvious, especially with much of the internet crowd, that they just want the cheapest products and care little or appreciated company's putting their products through the rigors of scientific research, or quality control for that matter :)

But, never the less, we believe research is extremely important in this industry and has been largely missing for way too long.
We will only get more involved in research as AEN grows, regardless that it obviously doesn't sell product like the common crazy label claims we all see or adds that say you can gain 5,000% more muscle, from the fist time it touches your tongue,lol!!! :bb3:

The people that do appreciate the research and recognize how important it is, thank you for your posts/PM's and emails. They are very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

redhawk76

redhawk76

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Who knows, maybe some of your idea's may be incorporated.:thumbsup:
:cheers:

It's pretty obvious, especially with much of the internet crowd, that they just want the cheapest products and care little or appreciated company's putting their products through the rigors of scientific research, or quality control for that matter :)
Sad, but true

But, never the less, we believe research is extremely important in this industry and has been largely missing for way too long.
We will only get more involved in research as AEN grows, regardless that it obviously doesn't sell product like the common crazy label claims
:clap2: :thumbsup:

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks redhawk.

Here is our most recent studio picture of IntaXCell that was used in this study.

It's......so......shiny.....man, that is pretty- what type of camera/lighting did you use ? :)

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
It's......so......shiny.....man, that is pretty- what type of camera/lighting did you use ? :)
Not sure to be honest. Our graphic artist works with a photography studio that took these. We didn't want to spend the $$ before, as the labels were undergoing some tweaking and it would have been wasteful. Due to the complexity in colors/effects, our labels are a printers nightmare, :) so it took afew tries to get them to where they are now.

Thanks for the kind words

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
That is so Beautiful...... I've fallen in Love with it even more Sebastian... :)

Thanks Mick!

I should have added some music with the pic to add to the visual impact. Maybe some Gregorian chanting:dance:

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
By the way, can't forget SteelEdge. :)

propho

Awards
  • Established
Will definitely need to try this product.. been eyeing it for a while now.. I love to see new kinda of products because I'm tired of the many clones...

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Will definitely need to try this product.. been eyeing it for a while now.. I love to see new kinda of products because I'm tired of the many clones...
I understand.....it is VERY difficult to find a unique product these days. SteelEdge is not like other pre-workout products, becuase it is not underdosed at all. Each ingredient in SE is in the formula for a specific reason, not just to look good when you read the label.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand.....it is VERY difficult to find a unique product these days. SteelEdge is not like other pre-workout products, becuase it is not underdosed at all. Each ingredient in SE is in the formula for a specific reason, not just to look good when you read the label.
I totally agree. People would have a hard time finding a dozen other companies out there who have so much thought and science behind the doseage of each ingredient. Yeah sure, companies have the right ingredients, but half of them just put amounts that they think pleases the eye and what not. Unfortunately, this isn't always....ever the best way to go about things.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
its a nice study but my personal feeback with beta alanine isnt consistent with those results. i ran 1 bottle of AEN IntraXCell alone after being off of all supplements for 6 weeks (ok, i was taking a multivitamin). i did this to assess the marginal difference with and without supplementing BA. unfortunately, i did not notice any effects. however, i was in an overtrained state at the time, so maybe that has something to do with it.

on another note, i absolutely LOVE steel edge!

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
its a nice study but my personal feeback with beta alanine isnt consistent with those results. i ran 1 bottle of AEN IntraXCell alone after being off of all supplements for 6 weeks (ok, i was taking a multivitamin). i did this to assess the marginal difference with and without supplementing BA. unfortunately, i did not notice any effects. however, i was in an overtrained state at the time, so maybe that has something to do with it.

on another note, i absolutely LOVE steel edge!
We have run hundreads of logs by now, but I will admit, we have had a handful of people that didn't noticed anything from IntraXCell until they got into month two and three.

You see, CARN levels are JUST starting to build to a level of significance from the two week mark and up and some people seem to take longer then others, while some people notice it even within the first week.

I urge you to try IntraXCell at another time and run it a full three months. If you do, please PM me and I will see what I can do to help you with throwing in a bottle on our end. :)

If, you notice nothing after three months of continued use, I will agree you have give it a fair shot.

Thank you for the kind words on SteelEdge. :cheers:

Also, have you checked out our new Intra-Workout supplement IntrAbolic that was just launched?

We are taking aps in the promo section if you want a chance to test it. We are also throwing in a free IXL for the test :)

Thank you for your feedback

jenab123

Awards
I'm interested in trying beta alanine. I am having a hard time understanding the significance of this study however. What was the training state of the wrestlers before supplementation? In other words one way to interpret the results might be that training & competing hard for 8 weeks improves atheltic performace (duh), and the BA was irrelevant. Was their training designed to peak end of season, or were they in top form and at competition weight at the beginning, indicating extensive pre-season training?

I'd also want to know if they practiced for example, the 400 m sprint, and the hang during this time, or exercises similar to them.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
I'm interested in trying beta alanine. I am having a hard time understanding the significance of this study however. What was the training state of the wrestlers before supplementation? In other words one way to interpret the results might be that training & competing hard for 8 weeks improves atheltic performace (duh), and the BA was irrelevant. Was their training designed to peak end of season, or were they in top form and at competition weight at the beginning, indicating extensive pre-season training?

I'd also want to know if they practiced for example, the 400 m sprint, and the hang during this time, or exercises similar to them.
They had completed their off season and pre-season training, so that pretty much controls for the training effect as much as possible. This wasn't one of the bogus supplement company studies, where they take a bunch of fat overweight individuals who haven't exercised in years and then puts them on a rigorous diet and training protocol and says their supplement brought about all the changes. :)

Not, only was the training effect controlled for, because they are college wrestlers, their weight had to be maintained throughout their season,controlling for their weight changes possibly skewing the results of the tests.

Lastly, due to the extreme nature of wrestlers training and the their already high fitness level, the results of this study are very significant and real world relevant.

No, they did not practice the sprints, hangs, or any other exericse that would closely mimich either and translate to possible improvements in that time. Otherwise, obviously, the results could have been skewed.

The full text is quite impressive and fully explains everything. But until the researchers get it published, it can' be posted and we just have to go off the limited info in the abstract. :(

In a few days, we will know if another MUCH larger major university study on IntraXCell will be taking place. I am keeping my fingers crossed and will keep everyone posted. :)

There are also about 15-20 other performance beta-alanine studies, showing improvements in muscular performance. I think it's safe to say beta-alanine works. :)

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They had completed their off season and pre-season training, so that pretty much controls for the training effect as much as possible. This wasn't one of the bogus supplement company studies, where they take a bunch of fat overweight individuals who haven't exercised in years and then puts them on a rigorous diet and training protocol and says their supplement brought about all the changes. :)

Not, only was the training effect controlled for, because they are college wrestlers, their weight had to be maintained throughout their season,controlling for their weight changes possibly skewing the results of the tests.

Lastly, due to the extreme nature of wrestlers training and the their already high fitness level, the results of this study significant and real world relevant.

No, they did not practice the sprints, hangs, or any other exericse that would closely mimich either and translate to possible improvements in that time. Otherwise, obviously, the results could have been skewed.

The full text is quite impressive and fully explains everything. But until the researchers get it published, it can' be posted and we just have to go off the limited info in the abstract. :(

In a few days, we will know if another MUCH larger major university study on IntraXCell will be taking place. I am keeping my fingers crossed and will keep everyone posted. :)
Good stuff. I have only tried one Pre wo BA product and I really felt great using it. It seemed like I made better strength gains but I'm not sure if that was from an increased caloric/BCAA intake. I liked nonetheless.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Good stuff. I have only tried one Pre wo BA product and I really felt great using it. It seemed like I made better strength gains but I'm not sure if that was from an increased caloric/BCAA intake. I liked nonetheless.
How long were you on it and how much beta-alanine were you taking daily?

jenab123

Awards

Lastly, due to the extreme nature of wrestlers training and the their already high fitness level, the results of this study are very significant and real world relevant.

There are also about 15-20 other performance beta-alanine studies, showing improvements in muscular performance. I think it's safe to say beta-alanine works. :)
Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to try BA for a while. Please let us know when those other studies come out.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to try BA for a while. Please let us know when those other studies come out.
My pleasure, I too am VERY eager for the next study and if it will happen. If it happens, it will be at one of the most prominent universities in the country know for their exercise physiology program.

Beta-alanine/IntraXCell is certainly worth a shot. Check out our main beta-alanine thread- http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/64211-beta-alanine-carnosine.html

And we have another one in my signature and lots of published article in Muscular Development. MANY of them are poster here on this forum. Check out our company section for their threads

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How long were you on it and how much beta-alanine were you taking daily?
It was a proprietary blend of BA and NAC. Mix was 2500mg's however I have no idea how much of each. Loved the tingles it gave me though. Only used it 3-4 times/week pre workout b/c it also had a lot of caffeine in it and I dont typically like to use a lot of caffeine unless I feel like I need it.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established

I just got word, that the SECOND university STUDY on IntraXCell got the go ahead!!!

This is a major study, that will be done at a university that is very well known for it's exercise physiology dept and the perfect place to test IntraXCell.:cool:

I can't give out any details right now, as I'm already jumping the gun by announcing this, as who know's what could still go wrong at this point. But so far, everything is looking very good and it could happen very soon.

I know many of you may not give a rats ass about this news, But this is a BIG deal for us and I'm personally incredibly excited and waited a long time for this project to be even given the green light.:D

:djparty: :dance:

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
It was a proprietary blend of BA and NAC. Mix was 2500mg's however I have no idea how much of each. Loved the tingles it gave me though. Only used it 3-4 times/week pre workout b/c it also had a lot of caffeine in it and I dont typically like to use a lot of caffeine unless I feel like I need it.
That's one of the issues with putting stims in a beta-alanine product. Beta-alanine needs to be taken daily and it usually take 2 weeks to start to impact muscular performance. The best results come in month 2-3 of continued daily usage. :)

Johnny Blaze

Awards

I just got word, that the SECOND university STUDY on IntraXCell got the go ahead!!!

This is a major study, that will be done at a university that is very well known for it's exercise physiology dept and the perfect place to test IntraXCell.:cool:

I can't give out any details right now, as I'm already jumping the gun by announcing this, as who know's what could still go wrong at this point. But so far, everything is looking very good and it could happen very soon.

I know many of you may not give a rats ass about this news, But this is a BIG deal for us and I'm personally incredibly excited and waited a long time for this project to be even given the green light.:D

:djparty: :dance:
Will they be having a placebo-controlled group in this one? Because with out that the study doesn't mean much.